Spring House Tavern
1032 Bethlehem Pike
Spring House, PA 19477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Spring House Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://springhousetavern.com/
- Phone: 2156461788
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two newly renovated private banquet rooms that can accommodate groups of 15-60 or more. For those groups who are looking for a daytime event, we are able to accommodate groups of up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Burns 2156463056
- Entertainment: All sumer long we feature entertainment on our outdoor terrace from 7:00-10:00.
Featuring the favorites from the 60's on up!
A word from Spring House Tavern
Welcome to Spring House Tavern! Where the famous crab cakes are made...AND so much more! Come in for a great dining experience. Offering light fare, wonderful appetizers, salads, dinner; we have a 16 draft beer system in our beautiful new bistro bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spring House Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The service was alright but the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food, great musicaba1964Dined on 7/5/2014We often dine at Springhouse Tavern and this weekend, we sat outside. It was a beautiful night and they had a wonderful singer/guitar player. The volume was perfect, because we could still enjoy conversation. The food, as always was delicious - I had their famous crab cakes and was very happy with my choice!Special Features:
- Great Findhes711Dined on 6/27/2014We were a party of 7 for a family birthday dinner on a Friday night. I was a little hesitant when we pulled up and the parking lot was packed but once inside everything went very smoothly and our reservation was taken on time. Most everyone ordered appetizers and the scallops wrapped in bacon were a hit, yummy. Everyone in the party was satisfied with their entrees, especially the seafood platter. We didn't feel rushed which was nice since we were catching up with family news. The few that had room for dessert were impressed with the selection. I would definitely return and it was nice to find a local restaurant that lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Best of BestTeddyDined on 6/22/2014Excellent food in a warm soft setting with super friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go if you are only twoArjayVIPDined on 6/22/2014Spring House did one of the annoyances that restaurants do when they lose sight of customer satisfaction. My wife and I often dine as a couple-we tend to go early to avoid waiting but also to get a preferred table at places we visit often. We arrived at about 430 and their main dining room was literally empty bar a few couples seated in the back which should have been a clue. When I asked for a table by the window, from the about 20 empties, the self important hostess tells us we could not be seated there because it is a weekend and the fours cannot be used for two. The topper was after eating in the corner at a leisurely pace there were still many tables available. Despite the good service by Jimmy we will think twice before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHVINNIEDined on 6/15/2014TOOK MY HUSBAND FOR FATHER'S DAY. IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME FOR BRUNCH, BUT IT DEFINITELY WON'T BE OUR LAST. THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND THE STAFF EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND PLEASANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Birthday DinnerPoggy451Dined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed the food, especially the buffalo wings. The salad with scallops was especially good. We treated our Mom & Aunt for their birthday dinners and everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:
- The GastronomesGastrognomesVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite places for a good casual dinner. This Saturday night the evening was perfect to sit outside and enjoy the live music. Our waiter, Jimmy is always very pleasant, efficient and accomodating and tonight was no exception. However, one of my favorite fish dishes, Sea Bass, was very dull in taste. I think they forgot to add the salsa. The entree did inclcude a couple of shrimp and a small portion of crab, which was a nice surprise. My husband said his prime rib was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Crab CakeCharlieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Quite simply, the best crab cake around! Add in the beautiful deck that allows patrons to enjoy a beautiful Spring evening and you have a perfect combination.Special Features:
- Gege29Dined on 6/1/2014Excellent lunch with the crab cakes, but too many potatoes---would rather have had more vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The brunch was ok - we arrived at 1 PM and things were slim - ex: fruit, shrimp, no roast beef, chicken parm, some desserts. I guess because they were closing down at 2, they did not want to bring any more food out. The omelet station server was great, he was very helpful and courteousSpecial Features:
- Memorial Weekend Bustowned1beforeDined on 5/25/2014We chose the Spring House for our Saturday night dinner because we wanted to dine outside. Remembering our past experiences we thought this would be a great experience Well we should have gone somewhere else. Knowing the restaurant business we understand that holidays represent a less than normal experience, but this was even worse. From the time we were seated to the end when we were told at 9:00 that "oh so sorry, we just got rid of our coffee" when we had specifically told our waitress that after finishing our drinks we'll want coffee....wow....it was a very unsatisfactory experience. And although the food was ok, we spent over $100 (for two). And that's without dessert and coffee!!! I'm sure at some point we may come back, but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodzoogieDined on 5/20/2014enjoyed the food and service especially the brie appetizer and crab cakes. It's a 40 minute drive to get to the tavern but well worth it.Special Features:
- A local comfortable, friendly gemArjayVIPDined on 5/16/2014The Tavern must be doing something right. Overhearing closeby table talk, many patrons are long time customers many of whom the service staff know on a first name basis. Our server must also be happy - shes says she has been there for 35+ years. Despite being first timers, the service was friendly, attentive and good. Menu offered very good variety and both of our meals were nicely prepared and presented. Meals were tasty and portions were more than adequate. Wine list was adequate but could benefit from a few more white choices especially from New Zealand. Overall, a pleasing experience and a good reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's going on?out2eatDined on 5/14/2014I was very surprised to find that the food had gone from excellent to fair. Steaks were cooked like hamburgers, scallops very sandy, & ordering food for specific desires were not accommodated.The Tavern bar area is nice & crab cakes still very good, but overall the food quality itself has unfortunately gone downhill.
- MOTHER'S DAYJoyceDined on 5/11/2014The Spring House Tavern did a very nice job handling large numbers of people for Mother's Day. My mother was quote please.Special Features:
- Mothers Day dinnerWayneDined on 5/11/2014My mother loves coming here for the crabcakes. My wife and I brought our mothers, for Mothers Day dinner and had an enjoyable time, as always. We come here often.Special Features:
- no tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014all 7 had fish which was bland and boring. I guess great for older people. the waitress surely didn't want to be thereSpecial Features:
- Good seafood, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Loved the small plate. Took mom there for a pre-Mother's Day dinner. Good choice.
- Pleasant eveningFoodLoverDined on 5/6/2014Is one of the few places around that is fairly quiet. You don't have to shout to talk with your dinner companions. Waitress was extremely accommodating in getting the kitchen to change an appetizer into a dinner selection. The cherry crumb pie was delicious. Tasted like my homemade fresh off the tree sour cherry pie!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experienceBenvenDined on 5/4/2014Chose Spring House because we wanted to meet up with friends and not have to have brunch. Website (and the sign at the door) said lunch served from 11:30 AM. Sat down and were told by the waitress that they weren't serving lunch until 1:30 since it was Sunday Brunch (and said the sign at the door was old). After a discussion, the waitress checked with someone and came back with a lunch menu. After that, the service was okay and the meal was good (although the "famous" crab cakes were deep fried and disappointing). I do recommend the seafood salad if you like a cold platter.
- Pleasant Experience2dinersDined on 5/3/2014Two of us arrived on time and were promptly seated for our reservation in the Bistro Tavern. The mood is casual and comfortable and the high-top tables provide a setting for private conversation. Our server, Rene, was bubbly, energetic and very attentive. The prime rib entrees were cooked to our satisfaction, tender and delicious. Spring House Tavern has earned a spot in our rotation.Special Features:
- old staplesK2escottVIPDined on 4/19/2014We took 3 kids here and it was not very enjoyable - everything is just standard, country-clubbish food and a very geriatric crowd. Servers were nice and attentive. Crab cakes are supposed to be their specialty, which I ordered, but they were nothing special. If I go back, it'll be in the bar, which has a better atmosphere and pub menu is better too.Special Features:
- FairNewbeVIPDined on 4/17/2014The service was good. But they brought us the wrong check and then when we got our check it had a dollar surcharge for blue cheese which we didn't order. We ordered a stuffed flounder which was raw in the middle.Special Features:
- Great and healthy food, slow servicJanhanDined on 4/12/2014The Tavern was a surprise for us. The menu has a little bit of everything, an a full bar. The ingredients quality was outstanding and the preparation was not very buttery, I love that. We had dinner inside, but the outdoor dining room looked beautiful. The service was a little slow, I guess it was because of the hour. I totally recommend it.Special Features:
- I do have a complaint. I madeLarryDined on 4/12/2014I do have a complaint. I made a reservation for 3:30pm on a Sat. and it was confirmed. When I got there I was told they close between 3: 30 - 4:30. They were willing to seat us if we would hurry up and order lunch. This was a dinner for my daughter's birthday. I didn't want to hurry up and order anything. We came back at 4:30, but I was not a happy patron.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Spring House Tavern reviews archive.
- Consistently goodLarrykDined on 3/22/2014Been going here for many years. They have the best crab in any manner in town, Execellent friendly service and a pleasant room . The3 menu has changed over the years but it reflects great variety and quality as it expresses the traditional American food. Only negative was that they no longer accept AmexSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!BBrunoDined on 3/21/2014The specials were done superbly! It was a nice quiet atmosphere and the service was very nice. The people at the restaurant made you feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic CharmNoneDined on 3/15/2014Spring House Tavern is a very charming and historic venue. Food is typically very good to excellent. Servers are extremely polite and eager to accommodate their quests. We highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, service has been betterbubjoeDined on 3/6/2014Don't know if our server was having an off night but we had to repeat requests (bread, drinks, refill water glasses, etc.) and the place was not busy. Otherwise, food good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemDisneygirl70Dined on 3/1/2014I love this restaurant! I go whenever I can afford to! and It is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious crab cakes :) andSusanDined on 3/1/2014delicious crab cakes :) and loved that they have 2 different sizesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been coming to SpringhouseDallasDined on 3/1/2014Been coming to Springhouse for 20 yrs. Always consistently good. Special kudos to Jimmy, Christine, Mel, Rich, Nicole and Amber!Special Features:
- Springhouse does it again!AlysonDined on 2/22/2014The other times we've eaten at Springhouse Tavern, we ate in the restaurant, which was more of a special occasion feel and quieter - this time we ate at a table in the bar. The bar was full of life and a lot of fun for a night out with friends. We've enjoyed the restaurant when we've gone with our parents, but for younger folks, the bar is a great option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackJLM86Dined on 2/14/2014We got their pre-fixed menu for Valentines Day. I ordered the prime rib of beef which tasted very good, but I was disappointed in how small the portion was. After our meal while waiting for the bill, the table next to us also received their meals which were both prime rib. their portions were nearly 3 times the size of my portion. I asked the people of they ordered off of the pre-fixed menu, and they verified that they did. When I asked the waitress why their portions were so much bigger, she said that when we placed our order, they were almost out of prime rib, and the cooks were trying to stretch it out, but that they had made more, and that's why the other table got a large portion, and why we got a smaller portion. Not going back!
- Service was outstanding forBsingDined on 2/14/2014Service was outstanding for a holiday. Food was very good. Prices were very fair.Special Features:
- Great service, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went here for Valentine's Day. We both agreed that the food was okay, but the atmosphere of the restaurant is very old-fashioned. You can tell they cater to an older crowd. I really think that the 70s decor needs to be updated or at least made to look like it goes with the building. Our server was great and we liked that they gave us a heart box with chocolates at the end. Great beer list! The food seemed old-fashioned too, something my grandmother would expect to order. It was just OK and the price we paid was outrageous for what we got. We won't be going back but I'm sure there are lots of older people who enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great valentinesjackDined on 2/14/2014We had a great valentines dinner at spring house. The food was terrific and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got LuckycreamDined on 2/14/2014I tried to make reservations at a few other restaurants for Valentines day but they were all booked. Spring House was close to home so I tried them and was surprised they had seating available. I got lucky, not only because of the great service but the food was excellent as well. I had been here before some time ago and wasn't all that impressed but I will making it a more frequent stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Friendly service & prompt seating Always a go to favorite...rain, snow or shine Warm & friendly staff with comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.