Spring House Tavern
1032 Bethlehem Pike
Spring House, PA 19477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Spring House Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://springhousetavern.com/
- Phone: (215) 646-1788
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two newly renovated private banquet rooms that can accommodate groups of 15-60 or more. For those groups who are looking for a daytime event, we are able to accommodate groups of up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Burns 2156463056
- Entertainment: All sumer long we feature entertainment on our outdoor terrace from 7:00-10:00.
Featuring the favorites from the 60's on up!
A word from Spring House Tavern
Welcome to Spring House Tavern! Where the famous crab cakes are made...AND so much more! Come in for a great dining experience. Offering light fare, wonderful appetizers, salads, dinner; we have a 16 draft beer system in our beautiful new bistro bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Spring House Tavern - Best Restaurants in Spring House ›
Spring House Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (6)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Consistently goodyummDined on 11/22/2014We have been coming to Spring HousevTavern for years and have never been dissapointed. Everything is and has been consistently good. The crab cakes, scallops and shrimp are always our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freqent diners at Springhouse TavernMommaZitaDined on 11/21/2014We chose Springhouse Tavern for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner because we were so impressed with the quality of the food and service which we had experienced when our daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner had been held there several years previously. We have also enjoyed dining at the Tavern on many other occasions because we know the food is consistenly delicious, especially the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of problems, esp no clue about Gluten FeeeKaceyOBrienDined on 11/20/2014•first time visitors w reservations for 2 people, 7pm on a Thursday nite. •it's a historic tavern but decor just looked like a sparsely decorated grandmother's house. •only two full tables in the place, but we were seated right next to one of them, in a super-tight corner next to a very cold window. •waitress came to take our order quickly, I ordered, but my (adult) son had only picked his appetizer by that point, so he ordered that and said he wanted another minute to look over the entrees. Her reply was "well, then I'm not going to put the order in, I'll just come back later". At most restaurants, the answer would be "ok take your time. I'll get the appetizers going and check on you in a minute". •I had ordered filet mignon and a salad and told the waitress that I needed to eat gluten free as I have celiac disease, and to please inform the chef that my dinner needed to be gluten free. She said ok. When my steak came, it was topped with two large very breaded, deep fried onion rings! The waitress never flinched, didn't appologize, nothing. At other restaurants if a mistake like this happens, the manager or sometimes the chef comes out and apologizes. Not at the Spring House Tavern. And this for a $31 steak. •I had ordered my steak medium rare, but it was served crispy-grilled on the ouside and raw-rare on the inside. •the baked potato had been cooked to death and was served w a small scoop of sour cream (no butter, cheese, green onions, bacon), the veggies were julienned zucchini and yellow squash that looked like a pile of cafeteria food. No creativity, no seasoning, just way over cooked stuff. •my son had ordered an angus-beef burger, medium, with sautéed mushrooms. His burger was served completely grey inside, with sautéed onions. His appetizer, the wasabi crab cake bites, was all wasabi and crunch, no crab. •bottom line is there was not one decent quality about this restaurant experience.
- Slightly better than averagedfc9258VIPDined on 11/19/2014This was my first time to this restaurant and I took my Mom here for dinner. The restaurant seemed empty when we got there and the dining rooms are scattered throughout the building. The bar looked busy and modern, but the rest of the restaurant looked old and dated. Our server Kate was friendly, but was not very attentive and at times we felt like we were ignored. The food is ok, the prime rib was extremely fatty and not very hot, the salad was standard and the seafood combo was not outstanding for their special. Prices are a bit high for the quality of food and I would like to go back and try this place when the weather is nicer and sit outside and order bar food. I wouldn't categorize this restaurant as fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/9/2014All four of us really enjoyed our dinners. Nice sized portions, great bread, varied menu. We all plan to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ye Olde Spring House TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014The food was quite good; service better than adequate; noise level in the "main" dining room unacceptable to an older diner - nothing to absorb the sound. The smaller room between the main and the bar, where you sit on high chairs, was much more comfortable, decible-wise. The pricing is quite reasonable; the soups and specials enticing. Visited twice, and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodNotafoodsnobDined on 10/31/2014Food was mediocre. Shrimp Scampi was dry & 2 orders of Broiled Seafood Combo was adequate. I would not return. Server Jimmy was great.
- 60notspecialDined on 10/26/2014I have been to Spring House on several special occasions before and enjoyed my meal and the service. This visit was a very disappointing celebration as dinners were not hot when served. One in our party sent her rare prime rib back because it was not even warm and it was returned overcooked and looked very unappealing, and still not hot; meal was then requested to be cleared. We were initially charged for that meal and it was only removed from bill after seeking out a manager with whom to discuss. At no time during our meal (those of us who did continue to eat) did anyone even approach table re: problem, nor were others in my party asked about their meal. Birthday cake wasn't even special. I will not return nor recommend.
- A good dinnerJasmineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Although the crab cakes were not as good as on a previous visit( more filler), the service was outstanding and the other meals were quite good. A round table allowed our group of 6 to talk easily.Special Features:
- Great group lunchfrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food. Crabcakes were outstanding. Our server was wonderful. We were a party of 10, our orders were served correctly on time. She was very friendly, helpful and informative.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great beer list, especially if you like Belgians and craft brews. Nice menu variety and music on the patio in the summer. Exceptional service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service on the deckfood4thoughtDined on 9/12/2014We sat on the deck because the weather was beautiful however once we were seated the waitress came over and introduced herself to us and never came back...We sat for 30 minutes and other diners around us were getting their food ,who were seated after us....We ended up going inside where we were waited on and had a fairly good meal......I'm not sure we would go backSpecial Features:
- outandaboutDined on 9/8/2014A very enjoyable dining experience - the food was delicious, the service was perfect and the atmosphere was very comfortable and welcoming. The restaurant is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationJumboVIPDined on 9/6/2014A great place to just dine or celebrate a SPECIAL EVENT.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceLiveToEatDined on 9/4/2014Food was good, about what you would expect as pub fare. Had appetizers, salad and a sandwich. Went out of their way to make a special sandwhich for a vegetarian at the table. The wait staff was amazing. They were friendly, personable and fun. We were there to celebrate a birthday and they came out as a group and sang happy birthday and provided a dessert. The staff definitely made this a memorable fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our server, Dannetta, was very personable and efficient Our appetizer and dinners were most enjoyable. We were not rushed and were able to talk and "catch up".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Mother, her friends and I picked the Springhouse Traven as a great place to meet. We all had various items of crab for dinner. One can not go wrong with the crabcake. We were able to talk the night away and caught up while enjoying the great food.Special Features:
- Family luncheon after funeralfamilythanksDined on 8/25/2014We went as a family of nine to celebrate the life of husband, father, grandfather after laying him to rest that morning. The waitress could not have been kinder. The menu was not designed for smaller children, but the waitress had a chicken finger platter with fruit made up for the five year old. Abbie loved it. Yes, I would recommend Spring House Tavern in a heart beat to all. And I again thank our waitress for all the assistance she gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianeDined on 8/24/2014We had a small dinner party to celebrate my mother's 91st birthday. The food, service, and ambience were outstanding. Each of us had different food choices, and all agreed that the food was superb. The crabcakes were the best I ever tasted!!!!!Special Features:
- Great nightSMAG1Dined on 8/16/2014My family and I have been going to spring house tavern for years. This last experience was wonderful. The food has gotten better, the outdoor seating was lovely and the music very entertaining. This will definitely continue to be our go to place.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSatnitedinerDined on 8/16/2014Took 14 people to Springhouse Tavern for my wife's birthday. A good time was had by all. The food was excellent. My wife and I had the Prime Rib and it was incredible. Every one's food was really good. The service was excellent. I could not have been more pleased. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichVIPDined on 8/10/2014Crab Cakes are a MUST - hardly any filler - All CrabSpecial Features:
- RoxboroiteDined on 8/6/2014I was treating a friend for her birthday and she really enjoyed her chicken salad croissant special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outFoodLoverDined on 8/5/2014We started going to the Spring House Tavern just because of the proximity to all our homes. But I really enjoy the ambiance, albeit being a bit tired, and quietness of the restaurant along with the good food. We also like the fact that they have a decent small plate menu for those who are watching their weight but don't eat as much. Wait staff is always polite and friendly. They have a pretty oudoor dining area with lovely plantings but because it is on a major roadway, it does not appeal to us to eat outdoors even in the nice weather. Prices are fair for what you get.Special Features:
- MemorableBuckscntycoupleDined on 8/2/2014Very nice deck with music on the weekends.. Service was very attentive.. Food was good.. No complains amongst the four of us .. Known for their excellent crab cakes.. Unusual to see calves liver on the menu although they were sold out the Sat night we were there.. Certainly worth a try..Special Features:
- My moms fav place for crab cakeskarmdDined on 8/2/2014Party of 9 for a special birthday dinner for my elderly mom. Quick service, appetizers were very good. Blue cheese dressing is really outstanding.The crab cake platter was not exceptional but pretty good; lightly breaded and deep fried. Server was very nice and kindly accommodated us by taking a group photo. He could have used some additional training; rather than getting us additional drink menus he waited as we passed it around the table to look at beer/ options. Menu with specials was never mentioned, we found one under a napkin later so we never had a chance to see what was available . A few place settings were incomplete. It's a rather dark place, not much lighting and dated decor. Not my taste but my folks really like it.Special Features:
- New experienceSmoothVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our first time we will be back a little disappointed they canceled live entertainment because of weather. Both our entrees where great liver & onions with bacon and a crab cake were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Spring House Tavern reviews archive.
- Loved our evening but the staff wanted to go homeCindyGDined on 7/26/2014The outdoor dining was really fun. Food was very good. Entertainment was great. The only problem was we felt like we had to leave after dinner. We wanted to stay and enjoy one more drink. I think the staff was tired and wanted to go home. The outdoor hostess could definitely be more friendly!! Other than that a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The service was alright but the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food, great musicaba1964Dined on 7/5/2014We often dine at Springhouse Tavern and this weekend, we sat outside. It was a beautiful night and they had a wonderful singer/guitar player. The volume was perfect, because we could still enjoy conversation. The food, as always was delicious - I had their famous crab cakes and was very happy with my choice!Special Features:
- Great Findhes711Dined on 6/27/2014We were a party of 7 for a family birthday dinner on a Friday night. I was a little hesitant when we pulled up and the parking lot was packed but once inside everything went very smoothly and our reservation was taken on time. Most everyone ordered appetizers and the scallops wrapped in bacon were a hit, yummy. Everyone in the party was satisfied with their entrees, especially the seafood platter. We didn't feel rushed which was nice since we were catching up with family news. The few that had room for dessert were impressed with the selection. I would definitely return and it was nice to find a local restaurant that lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Best of BestTeddyDined on 6/22/2014Excellent food in a warm soft setting with super friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go if you are only twoArjayVIPDined on 6/22/2014Spring House did one of the annoyances that restaurants do when they lose sight of customer satisfaction. My wife and I often dine as a couple-we tend to go early to avoid waiting but also to get a preferred table at places we visit often. We arrived at about 430 and their main dining room was literally empty bar a few couples seated in the back which should have been a clue. When I asked for a table by the window, from the about 20 empties, the self important hostess tells us we could not be seated there because it is a weekend and the fours cannot be used for two. The topper was after eating in the corner at a leisurely pace there were still many tables available. Despite the good service by Jimmy we will think twice before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHVINNIEDined on 6/15/2014TOOK MY HUSBAND FOR FATHER'S DAY. IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME FOR BRUNCH, BUT IT DEFINITELY WON'T BE OUR LAST. THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND THE STAFF EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND PLEASANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Birthday DinnerPoggy451Dined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed the food, especially the buffalo wings. The salad with scallops was especially good. We treated our Mom & Aunt for their birthday dinners and everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:
- The GastronomesGastrognomesVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite places for a good casual dinner. This Saturday night the evening was perfect to sit outside and enjoy the live music. Our waiter, Jimmy is always very pleasant, efficient and accomodating and tonight was no exception. However, one of my favorite fish dishes, Sea Bass, was very dull in taste. I think they forgot to add the salsa. The entree did inclcude a couple of shrimp and a small portion of crab, which was a nice surprise. My husband said his prime rib was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Crab CakeCharlieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Quite simply, the best crab cake around! Add in the beautiful deck that allows patrons to enjoy a beautiful Spring evening and you have a perfect combination.Special Features:
- Gege29Dined on 6/1/2014Excellent lunch with the crab cakes, but too many potatoes---would rather have had more vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The brunch was ok - we arrived at 1 PM and things were slim - ex: fruit, shrimp, no roast beef, chicken parm, some desserts. I guess because they were closing down at 2, they did not want to bring any more food out. The omelet station server was great, he was very helpful and courteousSpecial Features:
- Memorial Weekend Bustowned1beforeDined on 5/25/2014We chose the Spring House for our Saturday night dinner because we wanted to dine outside. Remembering our past experiences we thought this would be a great experience Well we should have gone somewhere else. Knowing the restaurant business we understand that holidays represent a less than normal experience, but this was even worse. From the time we were seated to the end when we were told at 9:00 that "oh so sorry, we just got rid of our coffee" when we had specifically told our waitress that after finishing our drinks we'll want coffee....wow....it was a very unsatisfactory experience. And although the food was ok, we spent over $100 (for two). And that's without dessert and coffee!!! I'm sure at some point we may come back, but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.