Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar
450 North Spring Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.springhousenc.com/
- Phone: 3362934797
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar
Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar located in Winston-Salem, the Piedmont region of North Carolina, is a destination for New American cooking and artisan cocktails creatively prepared by Chef Timothy Grandinetti. The distinctive menu is inspired by the seasons and served with true Southern hospitality in a restored 1920's landmark residence. Spring House features gracious private rooms, outdoor patios, and a lawn terrace for celebrations and gatherings of all types.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (43)fit for foodies (41)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (21)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Simply AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This was our fist visit to Spring House. It was our 5 year wedding anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere we haven't been and that was nice. Our time there was nothing but amazing! We really had the best service and the food was cooked to perfection! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely settingNCDeaconVIPDined on 10/11/2014We took our son and his girlfriend here for dinner because of the beautiful setting and interesting menu. Asked for a "quiet table" on Open Table reservation. Unfortunately we were seated in the sunroom next to a group with a toddler and a baby. Not the kind of restaurant to take children (I felt sorry for the children) Needless to say, in spite of good food, it was so loud, we could barely hear each other talk across the table. Our server was nice, and food seemed good, but for almost $250 (with tip and wine), probably won't hurry back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLive2eatDined on 10/10/2014Food was amazing. Service was great. Wonderful night outSpecial Features:
- AWESOME !!!!SpringHouseFanDined on 10/7/2014Spring House is such a wonderful lunch venue. The food is incredible. The waiters/waitresses, they take such great care of you when you're there, as if you are the only one in the place. Every visit I've ever had was the best food I've ever had. Thank you for coming to downtown Winston. Definitely a grand addition !Special Features:
- Wake Parent Treatcm2mdDined on 9/27/2014We love to take our daughter and her friends to Spring House for a special treat. The owner/maitre d' is so warm and welcoming it make one feel as if you are dining at home during the holidaysSpecial Features:
- RecommendedcoffeesnobDined on 9/26/2014I had the seafood pasta and my husband had the Parmesan-crusted grouper. Both were good. We started with the Disco Fries which were better than I expected. Nice selection on the wine menu with affordable to high end. Love the swanky bar. The house is beautiful, so it would be perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBobBDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner for 8 people. The menu offered something for everyone and our meals were delivered promptly. Bar service was excellent and the wait staff was very good. We had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/19/2014The experience at Spring House was very good! We were greeted by the chef when we arrived and were treated like special guests the entire evening. Food and service were awesome. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014It was a very pleasant experience Our only complaint is that there wasn't enough food to satisfy us and take some home for laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service are always amazingAmberBDined on 9/13/2014One out our favorite places to go for a great meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Our server was amazing and the food was spectacular. Great ambiance and charm. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion restaurantDaveDined on 9/13/2014Went for wife's BD. She had foie gras and beef cheeks. I had shrimp cocktail and sirloin with fried oysters. Booth were very good. For dessert, her chocolate cake was dry. My bread pudding was very good. We were somewhat surprised the wine list was not more extensive, especially within the sparkling wines category. The service was top notch. Attentive without being overwhelming. All-in-all a very good restaurant and we'll most like be back.Special Features:
- 53yearsandcountingDined on 9/10/2014enjoyed the complimentary champagne for our anniversary. Good service, Good food.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dineSlomamaDined on 9/6/2014Spring House is an excellent restaurant . Food was delicious, atmosphere perfect and service superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven.M2thaC1369Dined on 9/4/2014Food was pretty good, but not quite worth the prices charged. We also had a difficult time getting on the same page as our waitress, who seemed to be handling every table we could see. I've seen people laud the gluten-free menu, but we were not offered one even on request.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We celebrated my husbands birthday here and it was wonderful! I definitely recommend Spring House.Special Features:
- Just So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Ambiance was nice...cute place with nice decor. We were seated promptly. Bread was fresh, but kind of a strange assortment, including a foccacia and a sweet bread that doesn't really work with the goat cheese. Appetizer was fine. We ordered the fried chicken w/cheesy grits and the beef cheeks w/rosemary garlic smashed potatoes. Both were bland and nothing special. I didn't get smashed potatoes but instead red potatoes. For dessert we ordered the lemon glazed angel food cake with chocolate cake combo. Angel food cake was good, but the chocolate cake was very dry. For the prices here, I was not impressed with the quality of the food. Service was fine but nothing special. I feel there are better restaurants in Winston at this price point.Special Features:
- Expected more......SusiQDined on 8/23/2014Kind of disappointed. Everything I ate was deep fried- tasted like it came out of the freezer and thrown into the oil :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as rememberedMelizbullDined on 8/9/2014This is the second time we've been. My husband and one of our friends had the grouper special and were not very fond of it. The first time we went I was very impressed with the menu and food quality. I know that the menu is seasonal, and changes, so this might not have been our time. We will probably try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidHungryDined on 8/8/2014Great food nice staff, would have loved to have used the outside dinner but the weather was not goodSpecial Features:
- Local Favorite! Best in WinstonNCfoodieDined on 8/8/2014We have dined at Spring House several times, and we are always delighted. Menu offers seasonal specialities. Wine list is very nice. Desserts are not to be missed. Atmosphere is relaxing with quiet sophistication. My favorite restaurant in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Ever..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The wine food and wait staff was outstanding. Very romantic, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but doesn't equal priceKittyDined on 8/1/2014This was our second visit to Spring House. We love the atmosphere, but if you're expecting to get what you pay for then you may be disappointed. We liked most of our dishes, but they were average in my opinion. I was most disappointed with the dessert. It was $11 piece of cake. First of all who charges that much for ONE slice of cake. Nobles only charges $5 for cake & theirs tops Spring House cake by far. It was a vanilla cake w/peanut butter filling & chocolate frosting. Sounded perfect! Nope. The only thing good was the filing. The cake was so dry w/no flavor & the icing had a weird burnt flavor. It tasted like it was made a week prior & they were trying to get rid of it. Cool place, but better southern food found at Mozels or Artisan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, superb!aLocalPatronWSDined on 7/19/2014I've eaten here twice and both times have had some of the best food there is in W-S (IMO). Already looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An over the top experienceFiveStarRestaurantDined on 7/18/2014The Spring House is one of the top restaurants in Winston-Salem. The food was outstanding, the service exceeded our expectations, & the ambiance was relaxing. My wife & I will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JToddKigerDined on 7/14/2014What a FANTASTIC experience! The food was excellent, service and staff were great! Looking forward to another dinner at the Spring House very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished to perfection!sjoeybVIPDined on 7/3/2014First off, the ambiance is phenomenal. The restaurant is housed in a 1920's mansion that has been restored beautifully. The Chef has created a menu that features local items that are supremely fresh. We had a wonderful meal. Make sure to save room for deserts they are amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I have tried so many times to love this place. It is a beautifully-executed setting and ambiance, but everything else is a disaster. First, they never deliver on their food and drink specials:on their Friday "$5 Maker's Mark Old Fashioned" night, I watched the bartender use Old Weller. When I recently went for their special $19 oyster and bubbly combo, they did not even have fresh oysters. Second, they only offer tasteless potato chips with their sandwiches, and if you want a salad or fries, it is a $5 up charge. Speaking of their chips, they serve store bought/bottled, low-quality ranch dressing as a dipping side, which is not edible. I have to say that the 40% markup on their grocery store wines is the worst part of all.
- Special and uniqueStevemVIPDined on 6/28/2014From the minute you step on the property and see the beautiful white house, gardens and outdoor patio you just know you're in for something special. We dined outdoors on a perfect night and had that wonderful combination of food, drink and service to be outstanding. Dishes have a southern flair but presented in a very unique way. Shrimp and Grits and Fried Chicken served with a house made pepper jelly are just examples of what might be the most creative menu in Winston Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next time we will bring friendsMickeyDined on 6/27/2014It was fantastic..........from the time we walked in, got seated right away, perfect seating to see outside and the waitstaff were great. No rushing, hovering or the like and the food was OMG.......My husgand had the fat man jambylia and I had the grouper and then we both had dessert which was fantastic. The bread pudding is 2nd to my mother's :). I had wine and my husband had the mint julep. One of the better ones I have had. Overall experience was great and we will definitley return with friends.Special Features:
- The following 271 reviews are from the Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Jma12jDined on 6/17/2014Foodies delight. #sweetbreads Yeah. .....yeahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencefinefoodfancierDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed celebrating our wedding anniversary at Spring House, food was great as well as the service. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant menu!NCfoodieDined on 6/6/2014A delicious meal with a brilliant menu featuring options for the foodies in your family! A real treat in a charming setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheatremanDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant was recommended as one of the best in Winston Salem but that was not the case for us. Though a very lovely setting with gracious service, our meal was mediocre. We had the salmon and grouper. Both were over cooked and rather tasteless. My salmon came with half the plate hot and the other half cold. The sticky rice was loose and bland
- Spring House RestaurantyadkinDined on 5/30/2014An outstanding restaurant for dinner with excellent food, ambiance, & service, and its in downtown Winston-Salem one of the most vibrant and happening mid-sized cities in the U.S. Also, the bar is intimate and charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemgood1365Dined on 5/30/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Staff was knowledgable. An overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining happens herecarolinacolonelVIPDined on 5/24/2014The Spring House is a great example of "fine Dining".Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealATCSCSDined on 5/17/2014I enjoyed my meal at Spring House. They had an extensive wine/bar list and some unique food items, including many homemade foods. I had the fried chicken and it was great. The server talked my wife into the special (crab) and it came out a little soggy, like it wasn't freshly prepared for her, so I caution against the special since they probably make up several at a time. It was a nice atmosphere to have an enjoyable meal. The restaurant is situated with a few tables in separate rooms so everyone has their own private corner to eat and enjoy company.Special Features:
- Graduation WeekendjaneDined on 5/16/2014We dined here the first night of Graduation weekend from Wake Forest. We were told by many people that this is one of the best restaurants in Winston Salem , and they were all right. From the moment you arrive there are beautiful roses in bloom in their garden patio. The atmosphere is cozy with a southern feel. The menu is unique and all of the 5 dishes that were orderd were delicious!! The desserts are big enough to share with at least one other, although we had three of us share the bread pudding , which got rave reviews from us. This is a special restaurant, and I am sad that I will not be visiting Winston Salem on a regular bases, since I know we would love to dine here on many more occasions.Special Features:
- Spring House-a great experienceHou004Dined on 5/16/2014Highly recommend Spring House. The food is exquisite and offers a wide variety of choices. The ambiance and atmosphere is perfect for a special evening out or dinner with friends. The service and friendliness of the staff and servers is unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at Spring HousepattycakeDined on 5/16/2014I enjoyed my salmon burger very much as well as the lemon cake desert, but my companions were lukewarm on their choices- the salmon burger and the chicken pot pie. The chicken pot pie eater complained that there was scarcely any chicken in it. There were not a lot of choices that interested us on the lunch menu. The atmosphere and service were excellent. I want to go back for dinner when I expect to find many more menu lisitings to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.