Spring House Hotel
52 Spring Street
New Shoreham, RI 02807Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Spring House Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.springhousehotel.com/dining.html#content1
- Phone: 4014665844x108
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carmello Correnti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For weddings and special events please contact our catering manager Danielle at 401.466.5844 Ext. 119
- Entertainment: Martini Night every Thursday starting at 10pm with solo guitarist Marc Philips
A word from Spring House Hotel
The Main Dining Room consists of our grand indoor dining room, as well as our ocean view patio, and provides patrons with exquisite fine dining. When available, the Spring House Hotel kitchen strives to use vegetables from our very own gardens, Many of our dish’s are created solely to utilize what we grow in our own backyard. We believe that self sustainability with organically grown herbs and vegetables is the healthiest way to cook. We strive to source all produce organically and or hormone and pesticide free if available, collaborating with Farm Fresh Rhode Island, we are able to source local farmers and purveyors throughout New England.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Spring House Hotel - Best Restaurants in Block Island ›
Spring House Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (25)romantic (23)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Everything fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Beautiful, comfortable, great service, delicious, healthy choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Spring house was outstanding.pondviewDined on 9/28/2014The spring house was outstanding. The atmosphere and food was spectacular!! Along with the service. The Seafood stew was out of this world!!Special Features:
- Post Labor Day block islandlauratrevorDined on 9/6/2014Go here for the view. Unfortunately the main dining room was already closed for the season but ate in the parlour which is historic and charming. Attentive host who was not pushy and got us to a great table. Food was so so but so is everything on Block Island.Special Features:
- Block Island GemJerseyVisitorDined on 8/25/2014Excellent! The halibut special with local garden vegetables was the best dish I've had in years! (and I'm picky) We sat on the outdoor patio and the view was stunning. We will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning views, super food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Started with drinks on the lawn in Adirondack chairs overlooking ocean. Early reservation, so first to be seated on patio. STUNNING table view on patio overlooking ocean. Romantic and perfect. Food was delicious. Service very good from waitstaff, bar servers and hostess. Can't wait to return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious menu and overpricedBIregularDined on 8/21/2014We love the atmosphere at the Spring House and have been summering on BI for 20years. Our latest visit to the Spring House left us feeling like we were being overcharged for mediocre food. When you order a $32 pork chop and then have to spend $9 to get a veggie or starch (each!) to go with it you are now paying $50 for a pork chop dinner. Really? Granted it is a great view but there are lots of spots with great views on the island. Many of the entrees seemed overly complex and perhaps a bit pretentious. A well prepared and less "fancy" option or two would have been appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we weren't treated fairjacksDined on 8/15/2014I had made a resveration here a while back for an anniversary dinner and requested a table with a view. we should have been inside by the window which was romantic for couples, however, we got stuck in the middle of the dinning room. i even called earlier in the day to confirm and make sure we had a good seat! the food was okay, but the filet was burnt to a crisp on the outside and the waiter and staff treated us like we didn't belong there. i guess because we look very young for 34 year olds, however we were dressed well and had every right to be there. it was ignored we were there on an anniversary, which was upsetting. we spent good money there but felt cheated. however, we did come back to the lawn every night for drinks.Special Features:
- Great meal!maremDined on 8/1/2014We sat outside to celebrate our first night of vacation. Everything was delicious as you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. The owner has her own flower and heb gardens. The butter was delivcious with a little chipotle, thyme and garlic. We had the Oyster Rockefellar, the tomato and burrata salad. Both were delicious! I never had burrata cheese and it was delicious.We split the lobster special that the Springhouse is known for; 2lbs stuffed with crab meat and topped with 2 shrimp and 2 scallops. It was plenty for the two of us to split!. The sweet potato hash was cubed sweet potato mixed with cubed bacon and maple syrup. It was delicious and complimented the lobster beautifully! Recommend to anyone looking for fine dining!Special Features:
- Great for a drink. Food wasn't upCatherineprovVIPDined on 7/31/2014I really wanted to like the SH but honestly the food was not up to par. We had the tuna app to begin which was paired with a very upripe and hard tomato. Just a weird combo and if your going to make that combo make sure it's right. The scallops for my entree were cooked perfectly but the corn with them was canned. Paella lacked taste and all the mussels on the plate closed. It was very soupy for a paella at $35 you expect better. SH has more competition now on the island and I think they need to work on menu items. $17 for 4 oysters? They don't charge that in boston, at least make it a half dozen. Service was wonderful which was our saving grace I can't remember her name. I would go back for drinks but not food. I do know they have great piSpecial Features:
- Great view & service, food okHarrietD1Dined on 7/28/2014Pricey restaurant for the quality of food you get, but then it's Block Island. Go for the view & ambiance, not the food, though that is fine. I had a lobster tail with some veggies that cost $36. Wine list was decent. Loved the Gavi. One of the best sunset views on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014We had an incredible dinner at the Spring House...and they asked as they sat us if it was a special occasion and we told them it was our anniversary, and they promptly brough over 2 huge glasses of champagne on the house - it was a perfect start to an incredible meal. Amazing tuna tar tar, yellow fin tuna, lamb and the most incredible rolls that are addictive topped off by incredible martinis. It was a perfect dinner and made our anniversary memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014This was the last dinner of our vacation and we were so glad we saved it for the end. Despite less than ideal weather, the service was excellent and the food superb. I have and will continue to recommend The Spring House as a "must do" for Block Island vacationers. Just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!!gr8placeDined on 7/13/2014The Spring House was just perfect! The food, service and view could have been better bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedahfahvootDined on 7/10/2014The menu was extremely limited and the prices were outrageous. There were only two other tables, but our service was slow. The waiter barely came around, it took about an hour to bring us bread. Portions were tiny and included nothing but the main meal. We used to eat hwre every year, it is now off our list to return.Special Features:
- Block Island GemRhodeDilanderDined on 7/7/2014Good food, not outstanding. Expensive, beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Great and memorableTDIVDined on 7/5/2014A special night with my brothers and their families - 14 in all. Great food, service, and environment.Special Features:
- Highly disappointing...lepipesVIPDined on 7/3/2014Best to dine at this spot during the off season...or at least the off-wedding season. The place was so loud with drunken wedding attendees and martini drinking singles we left before the server arrived - not that they ever would. This is a beautiful, classic American treasure that is being run down and ruined by too much boisterous partying...really was a bummer.Special Features:
- Can not be beatenBlockStarDined on 7/1/2014We have come back to this place at least once on each visit to the island. The location is breathtaking and the food is great and at the right price .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We went to celebrate my sister getting married and had a wonderful experience. Our server was very accommodating to a table of 9 ladies. The ambience was lovely with candle lit tables and the food was exceptional. Everyone loved their meals.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningWombatVIPDined on 6/22/2014We visited the Spring House Hotel restaurant for our 1st anniversary dinner and sat outside overlooking the ocean. The food was very good and the server was friendly and accommodating. I had the seared tuna while my wife had the seafood paella. We would order both again. We started our meals with two cups of New England chowder ($5/cup, quite reasonable) and served very warm. One minor issue was that we were overcharged on our drinks. The server said that the menu had not been updated to what the computer had. The server corrected the error and charged us the correct amount.Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Spring House Hotel reviews archive.
- Great Views!gourmetgirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014We loved the restaurant. The view was amazing and the food was really good.Special Features:
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014What an awesome place to enjoy lunch, dinner, or just grab a drink. Sit on the porch or in the Adirondack chairs. The views can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinalotDined on 5/30/2014The waitress was totally open to asking the chef to adjust my order to combine the special entree with my substitution request for garlic mashed potatoes and vegetable. AND the chef allowed the changes and my meal was spectacular! I was there with my daughter and her friend for a late Friday night dinner. We were staying at the hotel and joining the wedding on Saturday. Thank you for an awesome dining experience, I will absolutely recommend this place because of the flexibility and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayTomSeaside98Dined on 5/11/2014We took the ferry to Block Island and had brunch at the Spring House. The weather was a 10 and the food, service and view were also a 10. My daughter wanted her own side of bacon so the waiter had the chef write her name on the bacon plate in some pretty colored syrup. The mimosas were wonderful and we sat out on the patio after to enjoy the view. Great day and will be going to eat there in June when we head back to the Block. By the way Block Island is are favorite place to stay during the off seasons.Special Features:
- Unhurried Succulent DinnerPhilDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I along with another couple had a very enjoyable dinner at the Spring House restaurant. The food was very well prepared and presented. The service was attentive, and the atmosphere was pleasant. While the menu was not extensive, everything was top-notch. Our booth was very comfortable, and we never felt hurried. My wife and i have been here before, and we will come again regularly.Special Features:
- Food was just average. TheylimerockDined on 9/7/2013Food was just average. They served garlic bread, but when we asked for more, they came back with small "slider" type hamburger rolls...they said they ran out of garlic bread. I ordered Oban scotch, and the waiter came back and said that they ran out of it at the last wedding they held. I had "wild boar" ribs, which were very average. I think that I am going to take a break from the Spring House for a wile.Special Features:
- Summer DelightArtZDined on 8/31/2013Dining on the outdoor patio, with friends, overlooking the ocean on Labor Day weekend was one of the best meals we've ever had on Block Island. The old thyme cocktails, and baked stuffed lobster will keep us coming back every visit. The stuffing became the main course, and the lobster meat was taken back to the boat for a lovely fresh pasta with lobster feast the following evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our favoriteJTownVIPDined on 8/29/2013The Spring House is always our favorite place to go on Block Island; it's easy, it's friendly and charming, and it's so nie to have drinks on the porch and then go inside for dinner. This year we were pleasantly surprised to find that the food seemed to have been taken up a level; we have never had a better meal there. Everyone was exceptionally pleased. We'll definitely go back next year.Special Features:
- Better than expectedBostoncouple1Dined on 8/23/2013Having read many reviews of the Spring House here, I was a bit worried when I made reservations during our recent vacation on the Island. We had a rocky start with service, but the floor manger bailed the waitress out and we had a very pleasant meal. The food was also more creative and better than expected. All in all it is a great atmosphere to have a meal at least once during a visit to the island. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best on the islanddougebDined on 8/22/2013what a great place with a view of harbor on a hill, excellant food and service one of my favorites on Block IslandSpecial Features:
- no menu or price online?socratesDined on 8/22/2013I wanted to try the Spring house for awhile but had no idea what the menu was like or the prices. Well, 9.00 for a side dish is crazy when the main meal is 36.00.....yes the food was good, but I could have made those mash potatoes and grilled asparagus for much less....so i definately won't eat there again...not when I can get a 5 course meal at the Atlantic for 50.00 per person.....It was cool sitting outside on the patio, though. I also think the menu should be on line and in the Block Island dining guide.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderful eveningFamilytimeDined on 8/21/2013We had low expectations for a "tourist" location, or at least that the price would not match the meal (from a family of 6 foodies that eats out often at well-regarded restaurants in Fairfield County CT and occasionally, NYC and Westchester). We ordered 6 appetizers, dinners, and desserts and each was quite good. The braised little necks, clam chowder, tomato and burrata, and roasted veggie tower were excellent. Locally sourced items (from the garden a few feet away!) were very fresh and well prepared. Great dinners were the diver scallops, striped bass, and paella. All fish was fresh, prepared so that the fish was not smothered. Enjoyed fresh herbs and veggies. Service was friendly and attentive. Venue is outstanding. A special location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2013And very expensive! The service was good, the view is lovely, but the food was incredibly bad.
- It Takes One Wordsailoer36Dined on 8/17/2013One word describes this location, food and view. OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with a beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013my husband and I sat outside on the veranda Dec with a beautiful view of the ocean. Service was excellent. My husband had stuff lobster and he loved it and I had scallops with lobster confetti and it was excellent. We love it there and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion not so specialflowerchild59Dined on 8/10/2013The lobster tails were tough and flavorless. However, the filet mignon and whipped potatoes were delicious! The ambience was poor due to the music and the banquet like setting inside. If ever I were to visit again, I would get a drink at the bar and enjoy the view. The prices were way to high for what you get! Gratuity is already included so you do not get special service, in fact, the service was rather poor. Sorry but being truthful.Special Features:
- Well worth the price $$$$$SteveAndPaulDined on 8/2/2013Our table for two overlooking the lawn and the ocean beyond was fantastic! We started with fried zucchini blossoms that were wonderful. Accompanied by a nice Banfi pinot grigio, we both had the 2 pound baked stuffed lobster that ran $65 each - to die for! There was so much meat that the potatoes and green beans that came as sides were mostly untouched. All evening, our waitress Candace, and the boys that helped her out, kept us relaxed, entertained, and without reason to be less than ecstatic about our experience. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. DO take note, as mentioned on their website, that as the sun goes down, the wind can pick up and cool the air quite a bit. Bring a jacket, or, as we did, have an extra glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place except for seating issueOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2013The menu is nice, the shrimp cocktail, scallops and striped bass were delicious, dessert was fair, coffee wasn't good. The service was a little uneven. Beware being seated on the upper porch. We were a party of 2 with a nice table until they seated 2 large parties behind us, leaving little room between the tables. The servers should have gone around to serve the other tables. Instead they barreled through a small gap, jostling me repeatedly. Our server's attempt to correct the other servers didn't work, and we had to request moving.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewJosephineDined on 7/24/2013We have gone to Spring House several times when we go to Block Island. The menu is diverse with both meat and fish dishes and even a vegan/vegetarian dish. The wait staff is attentive and the view on the patio is outstanding. We have not dined inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Springhouse is never disappointmentSusanJDined on 7/22/2013Dinner at The Springhouse just gets better every time i visit. Great wine list, friendly service and exquisite menu options. Can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.