885 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sprigny.com/
- Phone: 2122494500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am- 1:00 pm for coffee & pastries
Sunday - CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Parlatore
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: SPRIG specializes in quality catering. Whether it is a delivery order for one, a sandwhich platter for 20 or a made on site omelette bar for the office; SPRIG can accommodate most any catering need you may have.
Please call 212-249-4500 OR find us on Seamless Web.
- Entertainment: Three piece Live Jazz Band Monday - Friday 5:30p.m. to 8:00p.m.
- Special Events: SPRIG can accomodate up to 80 people for a sit down prix fixe dinner or up to 125 for a standing room cocktail and passed hor d'ouevres event. Sprig also specializes in after work bar parties at our eye catching elipse bar. Please contact Jessica King at 212-249-4500 or Jessicak@sprigny.com for more information.
- Cross Street: 53rd & 54th Streets
- Public Transit: Take E & M trains to Lexington Avenue-53rd Street
or 6 Train to 51st and Lexington Ave Station with convenient exit at 53rd St.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking on street and parking garages on 54th between 2nd and 3rd Ave.
A word from Sprig
SPRIG, a unique restaurant located in the north end of the lobby of the landmark Lipstick Building, brings the essence of Northern California cuisine to Midtown Manhattan. With a seasonal focus and support of purveyors from the tri-state area, the restaurant menus are touched with "sprigs" of simple genius plated to please the eye.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sprig reviews from OpenTable diners
- always a delightnewyorkerVIPDined on 7/1/2013sprig is depenable lunch place for whatever type food you are in the mood. the salads are a great go to - with a delicious nicois and cobb. the sandwhiches are tasty. the business prix fixe is a bargain. coffee is strong and tasty. service is professional yet warm.Special Features:
- Great Midtown optionohgoodieDined on 6/27/2013Love this as an easy, casual dining option in Midtown. As a frequent biz traveler, I've been looking for a while for a regular restaurant that's not too expensive, offers interesting options, and delivers a good experience along with not-too-heavy food. I think I've found it. LIght, modern interior; a menu that feels fresh and original, even though it includes staples like burgers if your in the mood. I had a spectacular cucumber martini, and a satisfying spaghetti carbonara variation with a fried egg on the top and green veggies with the pasta. Exceptionally warm service.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a delicious salad-duckOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2013Enjoyed a delicious salad-duck confit. My friend had the tuna nicoise salad and also thought it was outstanding. Very comfortable seating with large windows making it feel light and airy. Waiter was anxious to please. Will definitely return to Sprigs for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/21/2013Food, Atmosphere was terrible! I brought 2 other couples and was embarrassed that I recommended this restaurant.Special Features:
- A bit too expensive for theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2013A bit too expensive for the type and the quality of food.
- Excellent experienceFineDIningDined on 6/20/2013I scheduled a business lunch at Sprig because of its convenient location. I received the added bonus of excellent food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at sprigLAtachyRNDined on 6/14/2013Well prepared, delicious salads. I will definitely lunch there again when I am in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always niceCuppityCakeDined on 5/28/2013One of my favorite places to meet work colleagues for lunch. Nice menu, good food, and quiet enough to have a conversation!Special Features:
- Burnt chipsLainieVIPDined on 5/16/2013My party of 5 made a return visit as we were last there last Summer. The location, service and ambience are great, but several of us had sandwiches which came with a side of homemade "burnt" potato chips. The chicken club was good, but we let the waiter know that they need to address the chips situation.Special Features:
- great for lunchCmskVIPDined on 5/14/2013great neighborhood spot....fresh food, innovative choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way-ta-go SPRIG!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013I really enjoyed Sprig!!! You can go with friends or a date. I had the Napa Valley Chicken salad and it was sooo delicious!!! My two friends had the turkey burger and they loved it. The highlight was definitely the jazz music. This is a must place to go to,and I will be back :)Special Features:
- Good aelection if wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/23/2013Good aelection if wine and beer that's included in the happy hour. Jazz players made it very pleasant to have a relaxing evening and the music was low enough to have a great conversation.Special Features:
- Very convenient location perhapsMMDUNNVIPDined on 4/19/2013Very convenient location perhaps a little overpriced for the options and selection. Great cheese plate and coissantini.Special Features:
- Stale Food at Sprig'sSushiVIPDined on 4/3/2013My friend and I ordered the Shrimp and the Tuna Salad. Both items looked and tasted stale. My friend did not even eat the Tuna as it was brown in the middle instead of pink. The plates came out within minutes of ordering which evidences that they had to be sitting in their refrigerator for more than a day. I will never dine there again!
- Delicous food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2013Delicous food and wonderful staff... Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Kept forgetting to bring breadDaniel11eVIPDined on 3/15/2013Kept forgetting to bring bread and water. Great steak salad and my colleague enjoyed her pasta.
- Great lunch and great openOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/13/2013Great lunch and great open space. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Kind of an odd location andMDZ20Dined on 2/13/2013Kind of an odd location and set up for the restaurant but they have good and interesting food. I would recommend it for lunch but haven't been there for dinner.Special Features:
- Interesting setting (likeDiningNYC2013Dined on 2/6/2013Interesting setting (like an atrium in the lobby of an office building). Nice food and thoughtful. Service, however, was not fantastic. Felt rushed to pay our bill and leave by the end of our meal.
- Great ambiance and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Great ambiance and service, loved the seating and the bright open space. I can't wait to try it out again when in the summer time to really enjoy the vibe.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2013I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and selection at Sprig. The restaurant week menu was excellent and we had a great lunch there. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013The food was delicious, and the service was friendly and prompt. The live music was unexpected, but a wonderful addition!
- this restaurant is in thebwnycDined on 1/29/2013this restaurant is in the lobby of a corporate office building, felt very open and cold. lots of cheese on the menu- probably the highlight.
- I love SprigOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013We love Sprig at night, when there is live jazz, but it's also great at lunch. Very inventive and delicious food. And the building is so interesting.Special Features:
- Great place for a businessNYRunnerVIPDined on 1/28/2013Great place for a business lunch, even though the chairs are a bit awkward being unmovable. Service is attentive but not intrusive, very efficient. I especially liked the Brussel sprouts salad.Special Features:
- The food portions really didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2013The food portions really didn't do justice to the price of what was paid. music was kind of loud, but they had a live band, so that is excusable. food was ok. overall, it wasn't the greatest place to eat, than many other nyc restaurants.
- sprig is a keeper!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2013had a great dinner at sprig. will return....great service as well.Special Features:
- SprigOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Food was tasteless ... I will not be returning anytime soon.
- The pasta I ordered for theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013The pasta I ordered for the main course was overcooked but the appetizer and dessert were good. One of the drinks we ordered was terrible and when we complained to the waiter the bartender watered it down.
- I had an outstanding bowlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013I had an outstanding bowl of sweet potato soup with chipotle (excellent). The service was very good and the staff friendly. I was happy I didn't order the eggplant lasanga as it was an extremely small portion (never seen that before). Overall I will return to Sprig.Special Features:
- Service was not up to par.JoandtimcVIPDined on 1/17/2013Service was not up to par. Also, my table was not ready when I arrived for my reservation.
- Nice, open setting. Not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/15/2013Nice, open setting. Not enough vegetarian choices in soups or entrees. Good place for a basic business lunch.
- If you want to...IainVIPDined on 1/11/2013eat your evening meal in the lobby of an office building this is the place to come. Incredibly quiet for a Friday and the whole place just didn't really glue together for an evening. Lunch may be better but I'll be giving this place a miss in the future.
- Sprig is in the lobby of theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2013Sprig is in the lobby of the Lipstick Building, but for a lobby it's surprisingly elegant and a nice atmosphere, with big picture windows. The crostini and the "tomato fondue" were ok, but didn't seem like anything special, just slightly unusual. The grilled vegetable salad was great if you like arugula, which I do. The best thing we had was grilled asparagus with a fried egg on bread, which was a complete surprised, and we asked the server if he recommended that or a different place, and he said that one. I think the bread also had cheese, and the combination was something new for me and totally great. It's nice to know it's in the area, but without a special (which we went with) it seems kind of expensive.
- While the cioppino was reallyAnneVIPDined on 1/4/2013While the cioppino was really excellent, there isn't much about this place that delivers on its claim of Northern California cuisine, although they do seem to favor goat cheese. Surprisingly, most of the wines offered are not from California. The service was OK. The so-called homemade doughnuts were worst than many we've had from a grocery store pre-packaged box. The setting in the Lipstick Building is airy and comfortable. I wouldn't make effort to return.
- Great special lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2013The food was terrific. The Lamb meatballs we had as an appetizer was not only different, but delicious! The restaurant is lovely in its decor and is very bright with its very large windows. The service was excellent. Staff was polite and very professional. We had a wonderful lunch!Special Features:
- This was a wonderful restaurantnodivaVIPDined on 1/2/2013This was a wonderful restaurant that is not open on Saturday or Sunday! It is very quite because it seems to cater to the business-lunch crowd. We had a quite Birthday dinner on a weeknight, and it was enjoyable! The food was beautifully presented and tasted just as good! Private which affords the possibility of relaxing and getting to know someone! It really is worth a try...the Lipstick Building is a treat on its own!Special Features:
- A part of a large office building,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/2/2013A part of a large office building, not cosy at all. Nothing that would stand out. No parking around on the street if driving and lots of traffic in the rush hour.Special Features:
- it's midtown location makesnewyorkerVIPDined on 12/21/2012it's midtown location makes lunch a must - terrific offerings for whatever you are in the mood for - salads, sandwhiches, snacks or larger entrees. very cool layout in the lobby of the lipstick building, yet very cozy.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner with live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2012We found this place on Yelp and it was WONDERFUL! All food terrific, very helpful staff, and live music was fabulous and not so loud that you struggled to hear each other! Delicious cocktails also Loved the NO REGRETS!Special Features: