2860 Lavista Road
Decatur, GA 30033Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sprigrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4042489700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Rafanal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sandwiches, finger foods, desserts, vegetables
- Private Party Facilities: We have a verity of private dinning options from a round 15 top VIP table to potentially renting the entire restaurant for large party"s Pleas call for any questions
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Tiberia 4042489700x
- Special Events: Wine Dinners 3rd Tuesday every month.
Easter Brunch and Dinner
Mother's Day Brunch and Dinner
Fathers Day Brunch and Dinner
Father's Day Brunch and Dinner
Thanksgiving Eve lunch and Dinner
Christmas Eve Lunch and Dinner
Catering available, we deliver for orders over $50 within 3 miles
A word from Sprig Restaurant
We are a locally owned farm to table restaurant specializing in southern comfort food and utilizing locally owned farms, wineries and breweries when ever possible. We also have over 60 bottles of wine which 30 are offered by the glassContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sprig Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Decatur ›
Sprig Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (7)romantic (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- christopherchristopherDined on 9/27/2014food was good...service from Marcus was excellent...nice neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomeDD2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have dined here for brunch several times. This was my first dinner experience and as usual, Sprig did not disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014An excellent farm-to-table restaurant in the Oak Grove area and a rare find in the Lakeside area of town. The trout served on top of a succotash mixture was superbly executed and worth having again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FinddivinediningDined on 9/9/2014The restaurant was cozy, the staff was knowledgeable and the food was excellent. All mas made from scratch and it was absolutely delicious. We appreciated the fresh vegetables and herbs. There are 6 of us who try out restaurants around the city once a month. We try to get different appetizers and entrees to maximize tasting as many selections possible. The Sprig appetizers were great especially the fried green tomatoes, the entrees were wonderful, we had all meats but the lamb and dessert was absolutely delicious, extra points go to the key lime pie. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly a neighborhood gem!IslandloverDined on 9/6/2014The food and service are outstanding.Wonderful menu choices for vegetarians ,fish and meat lovers. Food from local sources. The staff was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Southern FoodGator91VIPDined on 9/1/2014Sprig is a neighborhood restaurant near Oak Grove Market. It is a welcome addition to an area with lots of people and few places to eat. It has wonderful new southern food that they rotate every season. They use local foods and the owner loves bourbon as well - so they are well stocked. We eat here at least twice a month and also love the food. The seafood is particularly good and their Mussels are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sprig supports local organic farms.RavenDined on 8/19/2014I will definitely return to Sprig, though my quiche was not as good as the last quiche I had there. Somehow the texture was a little mushy, the veggies in it were not identifiable, and the general feeling was that it might have been made another day and frozen. But the accompanying salad was wonderful, and my friend said that her pannini and fries were excellent. We also loved the fried green tomato appetizer. We really like the look of the restaurant and the friendliness and competence of the staff. By all means, go try it for yourself! You'll likely be very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodtimeeverytimeFamilytimeDined on 8/16/2014Dinner had all the cards - service, food, ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonchalant staffGabbyDined on 8/9/2014Crab was spoiled. Croutons stale although they did not chg us, their attitude was as if they did not care. We left and went to petite auberge which was wonderful
- Meatloaf with Gouda...Wow!TheclaDined on 8/3/2014This was truly a wonderful dining experience for my family, great food, great service and attention...just a lot of fun. The Meatloaf with Gouda was the best I've ever had. My family order the NY Strip, Half Roasted Chicken and the Burger which they loved. Not one complaint. We are definately returning to enjoy this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious troutwalk2dineDined on 8/1/2014the calamari was wonderful and the trout just melted in your mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Find!JenADined on 7/29/2014We had a large group of 12 for dinner, and everyone raved about their meals and the experience we had at Sprig. The food was delicious, the service was fast, and our overall experience was definitely worth a repeat visit! The salmon was cooked perfectly, the kids chicken fingers were very popular, and the quinoa salad was great as well. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Tried for the first timeDiscouragedVIPDined on 7/19/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time to see what it was about. It was different. Water is served in used wine bottles. Bread was corn muffins. Menu is limited and on the high moderate side. Portions are not filling the plate, but are very good in taste. There are limitations regarding bottled water as we like Perrier and/or San Pellegrino which there was neither. We ate out on the patio which is nothing to write home about, but at least, one can hear themselves talk. Inside was the very high ceiling with lots of noise from the patrons talking and the tv sets. The interior isn't a large place, but will appeared to seat many customers. All in all, we had a good meal and were pleased.Special Features:
- Great option for casual diningIanPDined on 7/19/2014We recently dined here (for the first time) with some out of town visitors. We were all very pleased with the food and appreciated the very attentive and friendly service we received. Our server gave us good mix of attention, yet didn't come by too often to become intrusive. Although a Saturday evening, was only moderately busy. Inside has attractive casual feel (strip plaza location). Would definitely come again.
- A great placeKatieVIPDined on 7/7/2014I made reservation for 10 ladies for a causal baby shower and the staff was very accommodating. Almost everyone order the specials which was either the salmon or steak, both were good.Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 7/4/2014sprig is a great neighborhood restaurant. The food is very good - service sometimes spotty - not sure servers know what tables they are covering!Special Features:
- Another Bad Lunch ExperienceAllisonVIPDined on 6/25/2014The service during lunch at Sprig continues to get slower. However, this experience was worse than normal. My order was somewhat wrong, was not timely corrected (the cook was at the bar on his cell phone for part of my wait), my sandwich wasn't that tasty (veggie panini) and my mom's steak was bad (it looked white when it was presented at the table). They took the steak off the bill (obviously) but offered nothing else other than a meek apology/expressions of embarrassment. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon, even for dinner if just to make a point. I love dinner on Mondays as kids eat free and dinner is always better/better service, so I'm not sure what to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Great cocktails and delicious food! Portion size more than we expected for the locally sourced quality food.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerPhillips5Dined on 6/15/2014Saw the restaurant on tv and decided to try it out for Father's Day. Also, the restaurant had plenty of good reviews. Needless to say, the food here is delicious. The waiter was very helpful with the meal selections and the food came at a good pace. We had an awesome experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodKrenee27Dined on 6/15/2014Came here for brunch with a date. Service was a little slow, but the taste of the food was worth it!Special Features:
- Great Lunch as AlwaysJustaskDined on 6/12/2014I frequent Sprig often and it is always wonderful. This time I had the new Turkey Panini, guess they had just changed it that day. Wow was it good!! My friend had the Ahi Tuna sandwich and loved it. I have also been to Sprig for Dinner and Brunch and they have great selections and I always enjoy my meal and drinks. Like all restaurants on a busy night it can be a bit loud but not sure what can be done about that.Special Features:
- service is strugglingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2014I had great experiences at Sprig until my last two visits. It will be awhile before I return. The service is declining as is the food quality. No one checked on us for over 40 minutes, empty glasses... waiting for our bill.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Sprig Restaurant reviews archive.
- Birthday BrunchatlnewbieDined on 6/1/2014Went for brunch here this past Saturday with a pretty big group (15 people) and had an awesome experience. Service was great and they were very flexible. Food is farm to table and everything is freshly made so it was incredibly delicious. I will definitely return and would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- brunch not as good as dinnerss3338Dined on 5/25/2014My first time at Sprig for lunch/brunch. The menu was very limited and the food was not as good. I will still go back because I've had great dinner experiences there but I won't be back for lunch/brunch.
- Neighborhood GemMuch2LikeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Lively, little neighborhood restaurant. Farm to table. Great beer selection. Price point a tad high for quick night out kind of meal. Vegetable plate excellent.Special Features:
- Always goodEdwardWDined on 5/16/2014We dine here often, not because it is convenient but because the food and service are always so dependable and great. It is comfort food for the foodie.Special Features:
- Great food but service needs helpNeedGlutenFreeDined on 5/11/2014Food was great - we had the trout dip, lamb stroganoff & fried chicken. Our kids enjoyed the burgers including one child who has to be Gluten Free - it's great they have so many GF choices and the manager assured me they were well trained. She has Celiacs and felt fine afterwards. The downside was the service - it was Mother's Day night and I know it had been a busy day but service was lacking.Special Features:
- NOPEDined on 5/11/2014Service was good and accommodating even though wrong order was delivered to table. Solid menu selection.Special Features:
- Good not greatFoodieBNVIPDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was very crowded and loud on a Saturday evening. The food was good, not fantastic, for the price. The menu could use some more variety.
- Diner's RemorseLkingDined on 5/10/2014The first time we went the food was good. This time it was just ok. I got the spinach salad -nothing special. My husband got the chicken which was good but would have been great if seasoned all the way through. My son got the burger which may have been better if he didn't have to do the gluten free bread and no cheese. Anyway, I hated I wasted my $20 Open Table check there.
- First timergfjunkieDined on 5/3/2014Our first trip to Sprigs was uneventful. Uneventful in the sense that I made our reservation online and we were seated right on time, I'm on a gluten free diet and lo and behold, I had several choices. Wyatt our waiter was knowledgeable, efficient and had a sense of humor. The food was terrific, including the GF dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will recommendColospgsDined on 5/2/2014We spend a certain amount of time in this part of Atlanta on our travels. It was good to find Sprig and we will return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Recently moved to the neighborhood and went to Sprig for husbands birthday. Really like the atmosphere. Love that they serve food from local farmers and that they have plenty of gf choices that are delicious. Good wine list. Plan to go back many more times. The only thing that was a little odd to us and our friends we were with was that they were playing 80's music and that didn't seem to line up with the decor/atmosphere.Special Features:
- LizzieB14VIPDined on 4/26/2014We've been to sprig before for brunch and really enjoyed it. Dinner was pretty good, the mussel appetizer was amazing, however we both had to add salt and pepper to our entrees which we hardly ever have to do at a restaurant. Service was also a little lacking on this visit, had to ask twice for a few things. However the staff was very nice and we like the cozy feel of sprig so we'll definitely give it another chance, might have just been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!KevinDined on 4/25/2014All freshly made in-house delicious dishes. Will definitely come back. They tend to get busy, so reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- 2 strikes and their outOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/22/2014The last 2 entrees I have ordered have not been good. The first time I ordered a pasta dish that came out and it was still frozen inside. Sent it back and the second time around the manage and I realized it was missing the key ingredients in the ravioli so it had no flavor. Manager took my meal off the bill and gave me a free app card to come back. Tried Sprig again last night. Ordered the short ribs and they were very dry so I sent them back. Took forever to redo my entrée so I declined it since I had filled up on the side items. Meal was removed from my bill they boxed it up. Waitress was very snotty and the manager could of handled it better. Even the redo is over cooked and dry. I am done with Sprig .
- GF SprigRandRVIPDined on 4/8/2014Hostess was friendly, our server Brian was very good and had a personality. I mention because I’m tired of the increasing plastic people of the Atlanta mini chains – not all – and while the local celebrity chef places don’t suffer that, I generally find the staff good, you get more cutting edge cuisines, but that ranges from wow to really? What I really want is 3 or fewer tasty courses at a reasonable price. Sprig delivers in a relaxed atmosphere. I’ve also recently had to go GF…..Sprig is on top of that too. If I have to explain what gluten is I won’t be back! My wife had the lamb stroganoff (not GF, I just tried a bit of lamb), one of the best I’ve tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love SprigAtlanta01VIPDined on 4/5/2014The food is outstanding, service is first class and the restaurant is casual and relaxed. Also, you can pull into the parking lot and park your own car, which is a wonderful convenience. Cannot say enough great things about this place. If you have not been, GO!!!!! You wont be regretful.Special Features:
- Delicious Apps, Unique drinksAJS4561Dined on 3/21/2014The food was good and the drinks were really fun and unique. Service was a little slow and not very personable. Management visited our table and was really welcoming. Overall, it was a good experience that I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it is in the neighborhooddiningduoDined on 3/17/2014This was my second visit to Sprig. First time I loved it, food was good as well as the service. Second time the service was again very friendly and prompt. I had the all vegetable dish, they were overcooked and tasteless. Friends had the trout which was good. We all had the muscles, excellent. This is a good neighborhood restaurant, Food is good and well presented, just watch out for the veggies..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.