84 Center Square
East Longmeadow, MA 01028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spoletorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4135250055
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ralph E. Streete
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater to any of your needs drawing from the talent in all of our restaurants. Which include Spoleto Northampton, Pizzeria Paradiso, Mama Iguana's, Paradise City Tavern and Spoleto Express Northampton.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Sakey 4135250055
- Special Events: Our large restaurant is available for private events, on a guest to guest basis. Special arrangements must be made, but certainly a fun & tasting evening will prevail!
A word from Spoleto
Spoleto is an Italian restaurant specializing in delicious quick lunches and full service relaxing dinner in a fun and sophisticated bistro atmosphere. Innovative wine list. Fun Martini List. Open kitchen. Family Friendly! Private dining room available!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spoleto reviews from OpenTable diners
- OK but Nothing SpecialDennisVIPDined on 4/25/2014As a visitor from Charlotte, NC, I took my mother to Spoleto at her recommendation. The food and ambience are fine, but perhaps by local standards are considered better than average. My grilled salmon and her chicken Caesar were acceptable but uninspired. I requested the salmon be moist, but it was rather dry.
- Great dining!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a wonderful experience at Spoleto's. The abmiace and food. Voices were wonderful!!Special Features:
- Couples Nightallaboutthefood2Dined on 2/23/2014We loved the couples night idea! Will return for this again.Special Features:
- Everyone was really nice anddinner4twoDined on 2/14/2014Everyone was really nice and food was delicious! Waitress was very friendly and the Mojito was to die for....Special Features:
- Great first experienceNecee0426Dined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation for Valentine's Day dinner with my fiancée. We were able to find parking close to the entrance & were greeted warmly when we walked through the door. We were seated right away. The waitress, Jenn, was extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu & specials and answered all of our questions as we hadn't dined here before. The brick oven meatball appetizer was amazing! Both of us enjoyed our meals, I had the Italian Trio and he had the filet mignon. And the chocolate mousse to share was the perfect dessert to end our meal! The only actual complaint that I have is the lighting, as it was a little too dark for us to actually see the menu. But besides that we had a wonderful experience and will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinnernewminionDined on 1/18/2014My boyfriend loved his dinner he ordered steak. My dinner was a pasta dish and I was disappointed it did not have a lot of flavor. Our server was great and the drinks were good I would return but I just would not order that dish. It is loud in there so it would be fun for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed resultsBondDined on 12/24/2013Eaten here on two occassions. First expereince was good, service was reasonalbe, price a litte high for the quality of the food, but overall a pleasant experience. The second occassion was on x-mas eve, service was mediocre, food the same, took 2 hours total to dine and the food did not come out all at once which shocking for a party or four. Definately not worh tthe value the second trip around. Not sure if I will be back for a third time with this experience and caution anyone looking for a relialbe dining experience for the price.Special Features:
- A good value and great serviceRobLongmeadowDined on 12/22/2013My wife and I had dinner with another couple on a Sunday evening, and found the "Couples Meal" very good value: an app, 2 entrees, a dessert, and a bottle of wine from a select list for $50 per couple. Everything we had all around was delicious. The value offer is good on Sundays and Mondays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Management and ServiceMelvinmelVIPDined on 12/20/2013When we arrived we waited at the hostess station for almost 10 minutes. We could see the servers and manager assembled in a group near the kitchen, but no one paid attention to the front. We sat ourselves in the bar. After 15 minutes, we had to go looking for a server. During our time there, I was facing the front and saw a couple arrive. They, too, waited for some time to get seated. They ended up leaving. Our server was very inattentive. Specials were never brought to our attention, nor was the happy hour bar bites menu. This restaurant is not what it used to be and is not worth the inflated prices that they charge.
- Solid but not spectacular...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2013We frequently take clients and business associated to Spoleto, and the experience is reliably good. That said, they've changed their menu in the recent past, and I don't find the new menu as interesting as the old. It's still a solid option for a business dinner, but with the new menu I no longer go very often for non-business reasons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eat.marieDined on 9/7/2013Spoleto is one of our favorite restaurants in Western Mass. The food is always excellent and the menu changes are always exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but.ArbuckleDined on 8/17/2013It really should not take 2 hours for two to dine early on a Saturday evening. Way too long a wait between courses, and excruciatingly long wait for the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayKathyDined on 7/20/2013Sangria was excellent, food was okay, service was slow.
- waiting for wait staffhungrygirlDined on 7/12/2013we had a reservation, but waited 40 minutes before we were even given water. We were ignored by the waitstaff. Eventually, our food orders were taken and it was another hour before our entrees arrived. My dinner was good, but my husband did not like his. Never going back.
- Pleasant eveningazluVIPDined on 6/29/2013My husband and I made a last minute decision to have dinner out and didn,t want to travel We ate on the patio,although facing a parking lot ,the patio was artfully disguised with lovely plants The sevice outstanding and very good food made for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- The food was not anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013The food was not anything special, especially for the price. I find the restaurant to be overpriced. I most likely never would have gone if it wasn't for the fact I had a gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but could be a lot bettermidd1339Dined on 5/11/2013I like the atmosphere and menu choices, staff was very friendly......but, food was very average. Our food was really not up 'Spoleto' standards.(1) 'Jumbo' shrimp were very small. I would never even serve such small shrimp to dinner guests at my home (2) grilled veggies in the antipasti were mushy (3) duck confit was very dry and over cooked. I was expecting much better quality and was very disappointed. All three things could be easily fixed. The tiny shrimp in the appetizer kind of set the tone....and were neither a good value, or a satisfying size for anyone who likes shrimp.
- Food was very good and portionsJohnPVIPDined on 5/4/2013Food was very good and portions fairly large. The front of the restaurant has windows facing west; various servers where opening or closing the shades depending on what their tables were requesting, a bit of a distraction as we were right by the window. I would recommend Spoleto and will come again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I didn't like the lighting.DisappointedDined on 4/13/2013I didn't like the lighting. It was very bright in some areas and very dark in others.
- Our service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/17/2013Our service was outstanding. Entrees came a little slow but we were not in a rush. Great portions even for the kids.Special Features:
- I found the menu to be veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2013I found the menu to be very limited compared to previous visits to Spoletos. Also, quite pricey for their filet. Service wa as great, except our water glasses were never refilled. When we got there the lighting was at a good level then they "dimmed" them to darkness. Had I not already ordered I would not have been able to read the menu.
- Groupon rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Not happy they would not take my groupon claiming that don't take them on holidays. The groupon did not state this in the fine print. 12/31 is not a holiday
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/18/2012Spoleto has been a favorite of mine for quite some time... So much so, that I had my wedding rehearsal dinner there! My most recent visit back was highly disappointing, however. They changed their menu and my two staples (crabcake appetizer and eggplant ricotta entree) are no longer on the menu. Also their website still has the old menu.. Very misleading! Our server was nice, but young and not well trained. Lastly, and a reason I am not in a hurry to go back to Spoleto, or their sister restaurant, Mama Iguana's, is that on the bill (when using a credit card) near where you would put in the tip, it says "please tip your server in cash if possible". REALLY?!?! I felt this was very tacky and it made me feel uncomfortable and pressured.Special Features:
- Big changes not so great:-(FoodieDined on 11/17/2012Menu was changed recently and I didn't think the new items offered were as interesting. Food took longer than usual and they said it was bc its made fresh so what were they doing before?? Portions were smaller and prices seemed a bit higher. 3 course price fixe was removed and that was a bummer. They had a better selection and more authentic Italian food before menu change. Not sure I will return any time soon:-(Special Features:
- We have eaten there on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012We have eaten there on several occasions and found the food to be delicious, except this most recent time;food was ok. Took too long to serve the food.Special Features:
- Wont go back. Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012Wont go back. Food quality poor, need seasoning and over cooked. Service poor, drinks not good either. Oh well, live and learn
- VERY HIGH QUALITY FOOD ANDOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/31/2012VERY HIGH QUALITY FOOD AND SERVICE. THE 3 COURSE MENU IS A REAL BARGAIN.Special Features:
- Excellent Early Bird dining optionLinwood75VIPDined on 4/23/2012We go for the Early Bird Dinner before it ends at 5:30 pm. For a little extra, the Caesar Salad is a nice addition, but the quality of the lettuce could be improved: lots of pale, stemmy pieces. The dressing was very good. The pecan-crusted salmon is a great choice, with garlic mashed potatoes, and very nice mixed grill veggies. The portion sizes are perfect. My special order Bloody Mary was made just as I like it. The service is attentive, without being instrusive.Special Features:
- Food is all well made andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Food is all well made and plated, everything is as described in their menu. The 3 course 'special' they have is quite a bit of food and well worth the $24.95. If you are looking at a mid priced dinner that is worth every penny this is one of the places to check out.
- I thought the three-courseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2012I thought the three-course special was nice and it had a good selection to choose from.
- Not an option for us any longerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2012The portions and quality of the food have declined, unfortunately. This used to be a favorite spot for us to go on short notice, as it's right up the street. Not any more.
- We love spoleto and alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2011We love spoleto and always go there for a nice night out. The only bad thing I can say is that sometimes the service can be very spotty and I always have to eat tums for the rest of the night after dinner... the food is delicious enough to keep going back and chancing the service and eating the tums though :-)Special Features:
- Nice meal but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2011A quite loud in the one room which we were placed because of the live band playing music. It would have been good if we were asked I we wanted to sit in there or not. Otherwise the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Food was good....as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2011Food was good....as usual. The service was only fair though. Water glasses were never filled, and the waitress was not enthusiastic. She did not thank us for her more than generous tip!Special Features:
- A bit pricey for our dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2011A bit pricey for our dinner, we had no alcohol beverages or dessert and our bill was including tip $90 for 2 persons. Many other restaurant in the same area and menu have better pricing.Special Features:
- The menu has inventive dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The menu has inventive dishes and our party of 4 decided to go with their $21.95 meal which includes the appetizer, entree, and dessert. Well, it all sounded great, but It took 2.5 hours for our meal. For a party of four i think this is a little ridiculous. To begin with, the hostess checked my party in for our reservation, then a party of two right after us. Five minutes later she asks both parties which of us came in first since she couldn't remember. Then our waiter seemed to be lost on how to wait on a table. After about 25 minutes I think he finally was able to take our order and the apps came out at all different times so we ate them one at a time. This was a horrible experience and I know the 4 of us will not be back anytime soon.
- Our food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Our food and service was very good. Menu had ample choices so everyone in our group found something to their liking.Special Features:
- This could be a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2011This could be a great restaurant. The one up in Northampton has much better ambiance. The menu portions have become smaller while the prices have gone up. The entrees used to come with a salad and now it is extra. Its the little things that make the difference. Deserts used to come with whipped cream and fruit garnish, now nothing but a squirt of sauce on some deserts. This Spoleto location needs to commit, is it a lunch takeout place or a dinner destination? The tabletop we sat at was scratched up and the furniture and booths leave much to be desired. Dinner entree was pretty good, but the rest drastically took away from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth the detour off I-91!!antiquetravlerVIPDined on 1/28/2011We were on our way to VT from CT and needed a place for dinner Wow we were pleasantly surprised the meal was inventive, fresh, and well priced.. The pizza has great thin crust and the pasta with slivers of garlic was sweet and perfectly seasoned. When in East Longmeadow put it on your list!!Special Features:
- Winter blues night outJohnDined on 1/22/2011We have always had a good overall experience at Spoletos however, this night was made better. Using the reservations tool with Open Table saved us a long wait for a table. We normally take our chances when we go to Spoletos. When we arrived the place was packed and knew it was goig to be a wait for our table. We received quick service at the bar while we waited, which was only 5 minutes(Excellent!). Once at our table service was quick and very friendly. Our meals, I had the special trout with crab stuffing and my wife had rib eye medallions, were delivered hot and to order. Our martinis were priced appropriate and delivered quickly. Like I mentioned the place was packed but service was excellent and we never felt rushed.Special Features: