88 Harbord Street
Toronto, ON M5S 1G5Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.splendido.ca/
- Phone: 4169297788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, European, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Victor Barry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Splendido offers off-site catering for weddings, private dinners, cocktail parties and corporate functions.
- Special Events: In our main dining room, we are able to accommodate groups as large as 100 people for business and private sit down dinners. We are a great venue for wedding receptions. We are also able to host 100+ people for cocktail receptions.
A word from Splendido
Masters of both traditional and modernist techniques with great attention to presentation as well as connoisseurs of locally sourced produce, Splendido’s kitchen brigade joins a knowledgeable and efficient service team to bring you some of the best dining in the city. Under the guidance of owner Chef Victor Barry and General Manager Jeffrey Graves, Splendido consistently ranks as one of Toronto’s most sought-after dining destinations. We do not accept web reservations for parties of 5 or larger. For more information on Splendido, please visit www.splendido.ca.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Splendido - Best Restaurants in Harbord Village ›
Splendido reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (39)romantic (25)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Culinary GemAdamDined on 10/17/2014My lady and I just went for the 12 course tasting for our 5 year anniversary. Had an outstanding dinner, and the service was impeccable. a 3 hour ordeal beautifully timed. Definitely the best restaurant all around if your looking for the 5* experience. Our experience comes from tasting menu's and wine dinners at all the top restaurants in North America from Montreal, NY to Yountville. This place is definitely a Must. Will return.Special Features:
- Love this placeAlwaysdiningoutDined on 10/17/2014Worth every cent spent! The 12 course tasting menu is totally original and provides a whole evening of dining and culinary adventure. We were there from 7pm to 11pm. Wonderful relaxed and friendly staff, all very experienced and the Chef/owner, Victor Barry takes time at the front of the house to chat with diners. Hip fine dining at its best.Special Features:
- GTA fine dining at its bestTheCharles1688Dined on 10/16/2014Amongst the best in Canada, Chef Victor's cuisine is imaginative and often spectacular. Tasting menu option featuring perfectly executed food were visually appealing, possessing great taste, harmony and lovely textural interplay. Service was friendly, attentive and professional. Chef venturing into dining room to greet patrons and exchange pleasantries is a warm and nice touch. Definitely worthy of Michelin stars if ever they come to town!Special Features:
- Wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was a wonderful experience. We were also happy to receive some souvenirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food.TrueDined on 10/7/2014Better than expected. Food and service are very good. Place has a modern look with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdelinaDined on 10/5/2014Splendido was amazing. My family went for my hubby's b-day and the fixed menu for brunch was fantastic. The restaurant itself has a great cozy and chic feel to it, and the service was impeccable. The food was fresher than fresh and prepared with attention to detail and taste. The topped of the bruch with a b-day candle and card for the b-day boy! Definitely check this place out!!Special Features:
- Too cute, too expensiveDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014Not listing the dishes on the 5-course or 24-course menu is snobbish. Too many of the dishes were hickory-smoked or had sweet sauces. The sweetbreads with foam were far more complicated than tasty. Not telling customers about the cost of the paired wines or of the truffle shavings ($40 per person??!!) is rather devious. Altogether, too cute and too expensive for its own good.Special Features:
- LinnyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The dining experience was outstanding. The Menu of 9 courses was absolutely delicious ( maybe next time we will try the 15 course Tasting Menu) From beginning to end the food and service was outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone who considers themselves a "foodie". You cant get any better than this anywhere!Special Features:
- without peerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Spectacular meal and wonderful service. Well worth the splurge for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningDakota007Dined on 9/17/2014Four of us did the tasting menu! Outstanding flavours & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food is very creative but the taste is not good.
- Splendido is Splendid!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2014I don't ever fill these reviews out, but my wife and I both agreed that this was one of the best, if not the best, meal we have ever had. We have eaten at a lot of the best restaurants Toronto has to offer and this is definitely top tier. From the service, to the ambience, to the scent of the burning lumber coming from the kitchen...wonderful. Above all, every course is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still SmilingSimpleGuyDined on 9/3/2014It's been 2 days since my g/f and I had our anniversary dinner at Splendido and I can say we are both still smiling about our dining experience. We shared one of each of the Menu (smaller) and Tasting (larger) course menus. I can say that each had it's on unique touch in terms of taste and presentation. I've tried quite a few nicer restaurants in the city and although many have been good, none really have left this sort of impression. The service was great and they took the time to explain each dish and answer any questions we had, yet gave us enough privacy to enjoy our special occasion. I would highly recommend Spendido to those looking a celebrate a special occasion or just looking for really good food. Plan to visit again very soon!Special Features:
- A delight!ChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014The tasting menu was a delicious gastronomic journey. Well choreographed and presented. The wine pairing complimented the food. Excellent service. Highly recommended.
- Lives up to the hypeBrittanyDined on 8/29/2014After hearing rave reviews about Splendido since I moved to Toronto, I finally tried it out. Everything was perfect about my dining experience. We tried The Menu instead of the tasting, simply because we were having a later dinner and didn't have enough time for 18 courses. Each one was better than the last. Even my date, who is a much less adventurous eater than I am and was a bit wary of not ordering specific courses, loved every course. I specifically must rave about the service. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and inviting. She had the confidence to direct us with sureness through the menu options and wine list, and made us very comfortable. It's the best fine dining service i have had in Toronto.Special Features:
- Tasty SurpriseJodiDined on 8/29/2014Having enjoyed the dinner menu on numerous occasions, we were surprised by the recent tasting menu format not mentioned or advertised. There are tasting menus and then there are menus where chefs strive and succeed. Chef here brought it to the maximum, sending out robust appetizers, starters which entertained the eyes, nose and palate, followed by successful mid-course and final filet grilled to perfection. Only disappointment was carrot medley intermezzo. Unexpected menu successfully executed and exceptionally served with grace and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for engagementFoodieAtYorkvilleVIPDined on 8/14/2014My fiancé said he should have chosen this place to propose. Instead, we were there celebrating our engagement. I don't care where he proposed as long as it is him :) Very good food, careful preparation. You can taste the long preparation from the food! You'll know what I mean when you sit there with all the delicious dishes. I love the oyster with smashed potato and caviar most!Special Features:
- Menu or Tastingkidfree6Dined on 8/13/2014We were a little confused when they asked us if we wanted to see a menu and more confused when they provided one. There is no actual menu, it a choice between 2 dinners, a smaller tasting menu (called Menu) or a larger one (called Tasting). The menu itself is set. The food was delicious and we were definitely full. Service was incredible, very attentive.Special Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have wanted to go to this restaurant for years and after the wait (and chef changeover) it was definitely worth it. The meal was well worth the price and each dish was remarkable. The menu offers a tasting menu, 5 or 10 courses, which is not disclosed until you arrive. And the restaurant was so thoughtful to cater the menu to my pregnancy, offering great substitutes for foods I should avoid. The service was impeccable and the ambience was just right - not loud but not awkwardly silent. I cannot wait to go back after my pregnancy so I can enjoy the full extent of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidAFarsDined on 7/24/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been to.Ever. Quit simply amazing food that gets your taste buds screaming for more. The portions are so perfect, you are full by the end but you get to enjoy each of the fantastic plates offered. Make sure you try the drinks too. Gin tonic was amazing. The service was top notch. One small note, The occasion was my wife's birthday as much as I enjoyed the lovely dinner (as you can see from my review). I wish the waiter wasn't too aggressive when offering the higher priced option that was outside my budget. He downplayed the lower priced option a lot, which I ended up choosing anyways but felt a little bit cheap. Just a small point that was a dent in a truly amazing experienceSpecial Features:
- New dining format at SplendidochesterVIPDined on 7/24/2014Splendido now offers two tasting menus - a 5 course and a 14 course menu. We had the 5 course menu and it was delicious. Every course was inventive and fresh. At $90 per person the meal was a bargain compared to a similar experience at some of the top New York restaurants. We had oysters, fresh salmon tartar, foie gras pate, beef tenderloin, slow roasted carrots and an outstanding dessert, plus "snacks" and petit fours to finish. There is no printed menu so you put yourself in the chef's hands, after a check for allergies. Go now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but not perfectfoodieshaakDined on 7/17/2014portion sizes were a bit of a disappointment and I didn't appreciate having to purchase sides in addition to the summerlicious menu. Also dessert was tiny :( Food tasted very good but not enoughSpecial Features:
- Good services, tiny portions.marukoDined on 7/12/2014You would not get better service anywhere else. However, the food on our recent visits didn't produce any "wow" moment.
- Great experience3RingerVIPDined on 7/2/2014First time we've been to Splendido and it won't be the last. The menu is inspired and the service is second to none. The staff are very knowledgeable and eager to please. Most impressive was that the menu is only a suggestion - the chef is willing to do a combination of items or go off menu to please. Dinner for four, five courses plus amuse-bouche and wine was $490. But there was great value in the evening and we left very satisfied that we had eaten well and had a very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caymusVIPDined on 6/28/2014One of the best meals I've ever had! The work put into each dish is amazing The flavours are like nothing else you've had! Top notch!Special Features:
- The following 654 reviews are from the Splendido reviews archive.
- Creative and Delicious!Tree603VIPDined on 6/17/2014This was a wonderful surprise for a business dinner while traveling in Toronto. Very innovative dishes, and certainly works of art.Special Features:
- Best Service ExperiencekflemingDined on 6/11/2014I don't believe that I can do this restaurant justice through anything that I say. This was by far the most incredible restaurant that I have ever been to. The food is superb, but what made this the greatest dining experience that I've ever had was the service; the staff are among the most caring people you will ever encounter at a restaurant (or in any service industry really).Special Features:
- Splendido lives up to its nameJackVIPDined on 6/7/2014One of the most superb dining experiences we've ever had - and we've eaten in many fine restaurants around the world. The combination of stellar, imaginative cooking; passionate, attentive, highly knowledgeable but unpretentious service; and a mellow, romantic vibe made this a memorable evening. Can't speak too highly about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AccountantDined on 5/31/2014We had fabulous evening at Spendido! Our guests described it as just as good, if not better than French Laundry. We tried the 10 course tasting menu and were not disappointed....the dishes were amazing. Service is outstanding. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS SPECTACULAR SPLENDIDORRWFDined on 5/23/2014Splendido's culinary innovation and meticulous preparation never fails. Each successive visit re-affirms the memory of the previous meal and provides new triumphs. Quality is always present. Care in cooking results in food that arrives at the table in its optimal state. Service is always attentive and friendly without being over bearing or obtrusive. One pays a lot but does get value for the money. I have been 6-7 times over the last three years and Splendido never fails to exceed my ever increasing expectations. My only worry is how will they keep that record up ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchfoodieatheartDined on 5/18/2014Splendido's brunch menu may be on the pricey side but it offers two courses and the food was delicious. I wanted to try their desserts so I ordered the mango coulis. When it arrived to our table, it was beautifully presented however, it was tiny. For eight dollars, I had expected a bigger serving. We expressed our disappointment about our dessert serving and the restaurant manager gave us complimentary dessert ice wine to rectify the situation. We were really pleased with the service and food.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable nightlove4foodVIPDined on 5/14/2014Every attention to detail is exemplified. Service is by far one of the best in Toronto, and may only be outdone by the food! Atmosphere is elegant, but not pretentious.Special Features:
- SpectacularKindarDined on 5/13/2014Chef Victor's tasting menu was phenomenal, as always. His creativity is unusual for Toronto, but it's something we so appreciate. While you may have to break the bank to do it, you simply must try Splendido at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night outMauGarDined on 4/30/2014Thank you for a splendid evening! We were celebrating our 20th anniversary, and appreciated your recognition and culinary experience. Zero attitude and extremely accommodating, with lots of class and style...quite frankly refreshing! We'll be back!!Special Features:
- My favourite in TorontomontrealcowboyDined on 4/29/2014Splendido never fails to impress. The food is imaginative. The presentation is always superb and guests are always treated like they are someone special.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MichelinStarCollectorVIPDined on 4/29/2014Splendido is the closest thing to a Michelin Starred restaurant in Toronto. Great food, great service, nice little touches like a take-away snack for tomorrow, and knowledgeable servers... worth at least 1 Michelin Star in New York or Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and experienceirokeiDined on 4/26/2014When we walked in, someone offered to take our coats and ushered us to our table. We were offered a sample of a small appetizer on the house. Then the waiter came by to explain our meal. We chose the tasting menu, consisting of about 12 dishes. After being thoroughly stuffed and delighted by the end of it, we received a card from Splendido congratulating us on our Anniversary! I've never felt so special! Ultimate service and amazing food! Would definitely go again (especially for the smoked oyster)Special Features:
- Love this PlaceAlwaysdiningoutDined on 4/25/2014We had a large group of 15 and we all had the 12 course tasting menu. Wonderful dining journey. Tried everything and all was amazing. Terrific service too.Special Features:
- CERCarlaDined on 4/25/2014wow. what a change ..we loved to eat here ..but now the change is to structured ....you must order from two menus that require no options ... this has gone from 10 out of 10 to ,,,.no longer a option .... very disappointed with tasting menu ,..Special Features:
- Attention to detailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Server picked our course selections according to our needs. Extremely intune and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.