Splendido - Beaver Creek
17 Chateau Lane
Beaver Creek, CO 81620Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Splendido - Beaver Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.splendidobeavercreek.com/
- Phone: (970) 845-8808
- Hours of Operation:
Summer: Tuesday- Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
Winter: 7 days a week, 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Walford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Splendido can serve a personalized menu and provide service in your home for small to medium groups of 10 to 80 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Parties from 10 to 180 can be accommodated. Splendido does have an optional private room seating for 50.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Rhodes 9708458808x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in the piano bar from 7:00pm until close.
- Special Events: Weddings, special birthday celebrations, corporate meetings; any event where great food, attentive service and fabulous ambiance are important.
A word from Splendido - Beaver Creek
Splendido at the Chateau offers fine Rocky Mountain dining featuring imaginative and refined American-European cuisine in the warmth and tranquility of a French chateau. Dinner is served six nights a week in our beautiful dining room and in our sunroom with a roaring fire. Splendido offers entertainment by Peter Vavra and Kathy Morrow in the piano bar.Continued
We also offer dining for groups or weddings.
We also offer dining for groups or weddings.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Splendido - Beaver Creek - Best Restaurants in Beaver Creek ›
Splendido - Beaver Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)fit for foodies (41)romantic (34)notable wine list (29)scenic view (25)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 30th birthday surprise for my hubbyMin2beDined on 10/8/2014I would highly recommend this for a special occasion or romantic dinner. the oven roasted lobster amazing. My husband had the buffalo sirlion...again amazing. Lobster Gazpacho excellent. The staff super friendly and the night was perfect. The extra plus was desert...lemon, blueberry soufle. Again this place was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my experienceLuvbrunchDined on 10/8/2014This place is wonderful! The staff was very attentive and for the most part the food was excellent. I ordered the gnocchi (fabulous) and the sole a la meunière. The sole, while good, was a bit difficult to cut without a knife and the sauce had a raw flour taste to it which was a bit disappointing. I had the blueberry lemon soufflé for dessert which made everything better-out of this world. The only other comment I had was, since I do not drink I ordered iced tea. The little things count and it was very sub par at best. I feel bad saying anything negative because overall, I really was glad I wentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCajunJenDined on 10/5/2014As a regular vacationer to CO, we have been here several times and was disappointed last visit. Appetizer and entrees were okay but way below the price expectancy. The exception was dessert, Lemon soufflé was awesome. Staff is professional, but too busy running around creating a most annoying atmosphere. Probably won't be back as long as Spago's is still open and would not recommend to others unless you are a gambler with a fat wallet. Such a shame because we've had some memorable meals here in the past...guess they're getting too big headed. After all we had to give a credit card to make reservation so we were expecting more.
- Another Outstanding ExperienceWoodlanderVIPDined on 10/3/2014We always try to dine at Splendido when we travel to the Vail area. We have never been disappointed and our recent trip was superb. We were there for restaurant week and the 20.14 Steak Diane and the Dover Sole were both incredible. The ambiance is always elegant and to top off the evening in the bar to Peter's piano and an after dinner drink is heaven on earth.Special Features:
- Fall GetawaydeborahVIPDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed "Dining at Altitude" and found the environment wonderful. The lobster and dinner overall were amazing. We will be back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, regular foodltlwoodDined on 9/14/2014The atmosphere of this place was one I the best we have been at, the service was second to none, but the food left a little to be desired. It lacked flavor and honestly reminded me of something I could make at home, but for significantly less. The deserts were great, but overall it wasn't worth the $100 per person price tag.
- Best meal in Vail Valley!SusanVIPDined on 9/12/2014We absolutely loved dinner at Splendido. Amazing rack of lamb and wonderful chocolate soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationConsultantDined on 8/31/2014We read some reviews of the restaurant that indicated it was worth a trip, so we went to check it out. The menu was not revolutionary but it was executed very well and execution counts for a lot.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOldCoachDined on 8/30/2014When I made the reservation I noted that it was for an anniversary dinner. We were welcomed to the table with a glass of champagne to toast our special evening. The wine steward made several excellent recommendations for wine when he knew our entrée selections. The choice we made fitted the meal well. The food was delicious and well presented and appropriately portion sized. Although not cheap, the cost was well deserved given the service, food and overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Beaver Creek's BestRUInputDined on 8/30/2014The quality of the cuisine, service and ambiance is superb! Certainly Beaver Creek's best and possibly Vail Valley's also. The raw oysters starter were very fresh, were creatively presented and had delicate flavor. The rack of lamb was generous in size and perfectly seasoned and cooked. A visit by Chef David Wolford at our table was a ver appreciated personal touch.Special Features:
- Splendid SplendidoRUInputDined on 8/23/2014The most elegant dining, accommodating service and great food in Beaver Creek and possibly Vail Valley.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceTeamGarrettDined on 8/23/2014Throughout the years, our favorite restaurants have started to disappoint. Not the case with Splendido. Food is always fantastic Service is personal and we look forward to going back every time.Special Features:
- Great as usualPistolPeteDined on 8/20/2014We make reservations here at least once every summer. We travel from our rental house in Breckenridge. (About an hours drive) every time this establishment impresses us . Consistent Excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Restsurant!!WynnVIPDined on 8/9/2014This has to be one of the best restaurants,if not the best in Colorado!! We tried four different courses and each one with outstanding. My husband had rack of lamb and he said it was the best he has ever eaten. I chose the Dover sole and it was wonderful as well. We also had crabcakes for an appetizer and a wonderful lemon soufflé for dessert. I think everything they serve must be fabulous if the food we had is any indication. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meets expectations, and then some.SLA1500Dined on 8/9/2014Splendido is a professionally managed, customer service first establishment, with execution at standards one would expect from the best that Beaver Creek and Vail has to offer. We appreciated the genuinely warm welcome, and professional staff.Special Features:
- best everGood2meDined on 8/2/2014It was a perfect night for my husband and I. Everything was just fabulous!. They make you feel special in a totally relaxed and quiet atmosphere.Wonderful and rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing!VeroniqueDined on 8/2/2014From the moment you walk in the door, you are treated like an old friend who has come to dinner. The service, food, and ambiance is outstanding..........and that is why I keep coming back!Special Features:
- Scenic view without rainpartnerfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Cool evening; in fact, rain prevented dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid!!!Indianabas1VIPDined on 7/31/2014Took my sons wife for dinner, she had never been. It was about my 10th or 12th time. As usual it was fabulous. The only negative was that our table wasn't quite ready and so we went to the bar. I ask the bartender a question and he was quite surly. Luckily they came for our table 20 seconds later and we didn't have to linger. Other than that it was a stellar experience!Special Features:
- indiandinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food is always great at Splendido, but the decor is getting a bit dated. And it is most annoying that the waiter's routinely fail to provide the 25% discount that is available for early diners and require you to specifically remind them and re-run the billSpecial Features:
- DonzyVIPDined on 7/29/2014with lots of wonderful restaurants in the area to choose this one always stands out.Special Features:
- TOPS!!!DrJohnVIPDined on 7/29/2014We were told that this was one of the top places to eat in Beaver Creek -- we were NOT disappointed. Service, ambiance, food beyond expectation!Special Features:
- The following 471 reviews are from the Splendido - Beaver Creek reviews archive.
- Always greatAubbieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We having been visiting Vail for 20+ years and over the years we have found Splendido to be way above par. The setting is pretty, the food is outstanding and we always enjoy our dining experience there. It was our anniversary and our dessert plates had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the rim of the plates. Great night!Special Features:
- DinnersPICKOdavidDined on 7/23/2014Dinner was WONDERFUL as usual and as expected - only problem we have with Splendido is that we do not get there often enough - only wish that Dallas had this good a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantLocalDined on 7/23/2014Everything about this restaurant is impressive. The food was incredible and the service perfect. The entertainment adds to the special atmosphere. Local diner.Special Features:
- SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2014The foie gras was better than any we've had in France, or anywhere. The whole Dover Sole was divine. The service was excellent. The comprehensive wine list was reasonably priced for an upscale restaurant. This was our first visit, but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, marginal servicespeedraysahVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was terrific, and the chef accommodated our special request with enthusiasm. We had the lamb chops and the pork tenderloin. Both were exceptional. The wine list is lengthy with a goods mix of old and new world's wines. Our waiter told us that the Dover sole was from the Dover channel. Two different people asked if we wanted ice or bottled water, yet neither brought any water. The "sommelier" said that the wine I asked about "might have gra-nah-chay" in it but couldn't remember if he had tasted it. We've dined here previously, and hopefully the marginal service was an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerJPJacksonVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place lives up to its name! Everything was absolutely fantastic!! Because it was our anniversary, my husband and I decided we'd drop some extra coin on a nice dinner and are so happy we picked this place. The service was attentive and friendly, the food was amazing, and the view of the mountain is beautiful. The manager came over and helped us pick a really nice bottle of wine that was not outrageously priced. Our server made excellent recommendations. The tuna poke was out of this world and the lamb was delicious. We had such a nice night and cannot wait to return next summer for our next anniversary dinner. Thank you Splendido for the lovely evening!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was terrifice but the service was so poor that our evening was a disappointment. When we arrived we requested an outdoor table but were told they were "filling up". All during our dinner and after our dinner there were open tables outside. We arrived early and were asked to sit at the bar where our server seemed put out to take care of us because we were not eating there. Our table service was so bad we asked for our wine bucket to be brought closer to the table so we could serve ourselves. Bad night overall.Special Features:
- DinnersPICKOdavidDined on 7/1/2014FANTASTIC -----------------------FANTASTIC--------------------------FANTASTICSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014wonderful 99% of the time. the one percent will not keep us from coming backSpecial Features:
- Bad Service, repeatedlyGrousingontheMountainDined on 6/14/2014we lown a house in Beaver Creek and have been to Splendido numerous times. The food is great but the service is has consistenly disappointed.....either we are given a bad table or the waiter screws up....on our last visit it was the waiter. My wife asked about the Lobster and he said they had it on special. Another group sat down after us and before they waiter returned to our table, they ordered the Lobster from him. When the waiter returned to our table, he told my wife the Lobster was sold out. It ruined her evening.....we will be taking a lengthy break from Splendido.
- A Must Do!SwansDined on 6/13/2014If you don't do anything else while you are staying in Beaver Creek, you must dine at Splendido. My wife and I had a wonderful evening and we cannot recommend a restaurant and bar more highly. Splendido has it all: great dining, romance, and a wonderful piano bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendido, Beaver Creek, Coloradoeat2liveVIPDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I went to Splendido Restaurant in Beaver Creek Colorado for our anniversary. I hoped that the meal would meet our expectations based on the reviews of the restaurant we had read. The experience exceeded those expectations. We have eaten at many fine restaurants in the world; but, our meal this evening was probably the best we have had. We cannot recommend eating here more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from beginning to endOrindamomVIPDined on 4/2/2014We come here every Spring for skiing and Splendido is always on our list for return visits and once again, it did not fail to please. We had 2 tables with 3 children and 4 adults and all were treated with respect and great service. We ordered the foie gras with kumquats as a starter and the melding of the richness of the foie gras with the sweet bitterness of the fruit was sensational. Our elk loin practically melted in our mouths. My friend's barramundi dish was perfectly seared and in a briny delicate broth along with shelled seafood. The lemon soufflé with huckleberry was so light and cloudy and almost ethereal. We left happy, full, and looking forward to our next trip to Beaver Creek to dine at Splendido's!Special Features:
- Amazing atmosphere and food!lo2pinkDined on 3/28/2014This place is oustanding. Get the lobster (they don't list it on the menu, but almost always have it). Chocolate souffle was to die for, service and atmosphere was out of this world. I cant wait to get back to Beaver Creek so I can eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendido sparklesTMLIVDined on 3/22/2014Splendido is a sparkling star in the firmament of fine dining establishments in Beaver Creek. My wife and I have frequented just about every great restaurant in the area but had not been to Splendido until this past weekend. The food was some of the best we have had anywhere. The service was attentive and our server, Mick, scrupulously saw to every detail, and the view and ambience are beyond description. The menu is varied and interesting. The wine list is superb. We will long remember this as a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRbaizaDined on 3/22/2014We ate at this establishment several years ago and enjoyed it very much. This past weekend we visited once again and had a great meal. As a reference we have eaten at French laundry in the past year and would consider that the standard for fine dining and service. Splendidos for the price point was exceptional. We had the tuna sashimi and fried pork belly both excellent and the next course did not disappoint. The sea bass, rabbit and lobster were perfectly prepared. The 3 of us shared 4 desserts. The service was great relaxed and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience ever at Splendido!DisappointedDined on 3/21/2014Our evening started well - delicious food in a great setting. Then just as our entrees arrived, four families arrived with their 9 children between the ages of ~3 and 8. All 9 children were seated at a table adjacent to ours and the 8 parents were seated at a table on the other side of us. Our pleasant evening was completed destroyed. Both children and parents went back and forth between tables and the noise level went through the roof. We asked to be moved to another table but were placed by the bar next to the (very good, but way too loud) piano. Despite our obvious displeasure no attempt was made to improve the situation. The manager did NOTHING to rectify the complete ruination of our long-anticipated special evening at Splendidos.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationcasblDined on 3/14/2014Splendido certainly lived up to its reputation during our visit. Everything was fantastic. Aaron, our server, made the entire meal an experience we won't forget. He paired wines for several courses and the pairings made the already delicious dishes even better. We weren't hurried and savored every moment. Well done Aaron and Splendido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.