260 Compo Road South
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 2034547798
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-2:30pm; Lunch: 12:00pm-2:30pm May 1st-Sept 30; Dinner: Summer Hours - Monday - Sunday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Winter Hours - Tuesday - Sunday 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Repp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offer full dining menu catered to any off-site premise location
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, overlooking the Longshore Golf Course, can accommodate up to 65 guests seated and about 85 guests for a cocktail reception. Menus can be created on an individual basis to meet you own individual tastes.
- Private Party Contact: Holly DeCaro 2034547798
- Entertainment: During the Summer there are live bands outside on the patio
A word from Splash
Located in the beautiful town of Westport, CT in a corner of a historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by the Food Network "best of" New England waterfront dining. Since its opening in 1995, Splash has become a popular meeting place for all Southwestern Connecticut.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Splash - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Splash reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (25)great for brunch (22)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)good for groups (15)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- hTd Times for SplashJacquelineVIPDined on 10/12/2014Splash used to be a lot of fun with interesting cuisine. The place has become shabby - it needs a lot of work. The food was mediocre and there was not enough staff to keep the buffet trays filled or to make the omelettes. The desserts tasted like cardboard. Only the fresh berries and cheese tray were good. The beautiful setting on the Long Island sound remains magnificent.Special Features:
- Brunch was great!IbalvVIPDined on 9/28/2014Loved the view and food was great! Always nice to see weddings near the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrendous Service!JonathonDined on 9/27/2014Our latest visit was a disaster. We arrived at 6:30, asked to be seated outside and were told there were no tables available. We saw two unoccupied outside tables that they were obviously holding for other parties. In light of their "first come first served" outdoor seating policy, we were not happy campers. When asked why we couldn't be seated there, the hostess claimed that some of the party had arrived and they were waiting for the rest of their guests. Pure bunk! We sat elsewhere and the waiter took our order. That was the first and last time we saw him. Our appetizers took a half hour and the main course, which came out lukewarm, took an hour and fifteen minutes. We then heard that the entire wait staff had walked out!
- The place was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I had booked the table at Splash in Westport, CT for 09/25 for a party of 4. I had received confirmation immediately. You can imagine our surprise when we came to the restaurant and saw dark windows and no cars on a parking lot - the restaurant was closed. It is the second time, when Opentable has no info about restaurant closure. Fortunately first time at a different place in NYC, the staff at the restaurant saw our reservation and called me - so I was able to re-book another place. This time nobody called. So my assessment is theoretical.Special Features:
- Nice View But...WestportCoupleVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food and Service Ok, just not up to the standards of the community.Special Features:
- Bad food, Good Viewsvc1271Dined on 9/20/2014The food was terrible and service was so-so. The only draw is the view. Good place for cocktails, not worth the dinner.Special Features:
- Waterfront views from the patioJustintime4DinnerDined on 9/17/2014View from patio at sunset was absolutely beautiful. Food was good, nothing terribly special. Menu appears to be dated, but is executed reasonably well. Not fine dining by any means. Service is fair to midland. Go for the view, not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingPamSVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was my first time at this restaurant in a number of years. At that time, it was a vibrant fun place. This time, it seemed that the restaurant was on its way down. The outdoor space is lovely. There was a party there the night we dined and all attention was on that party. The menu was disappointing - nothing fresh or new, seems like the same menu has been in place for a long time. It includes nothing for those who don't love Asian fusion food. Service was friendly but so slow that we asked the waiter to check on our meal several times. We ordered drinks, a main course and one dessert and did not finish for over 2.5 hours - way too long!Special Features:
- It's just okLindaDined on 9/5/2014Good was good. View was beautiful. Bathrooms r awful. Entrance way is old. It needs some workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewStang67Dined on 9/5/2014Food very good but if you were here 5 years ago even 10- there is nothing new. The menu is old. The actual menu- also old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super nice lunch!lefluidityDined on 8/30/2014Delightful location. Excellent service. Creative dishes. Excellent Mohito :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Lovely patio seating but severely understaffed for lunch weekdays.
- Good choiceStikDined on 8/24/2014Atmosphere was excellent. Food was very good. Service was lacking due to staff being overwhelmed with number of people versus amount of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Summer DinnerAlWestportVIPDined on 8/23/2014Friendly, efficient waitstaff, seerved an excellent dinner served on the deck overlooking the Long Island Sound.Combine this with with a soft comfortable breeze which led to all have a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Splash of 2014 is not the same Splash as yesteryear!! Splash was always a restaurant you could count on for ambience, service and their great Baang Salad!! We had none of the above. The ambience was marred by the smell of stale liquor (like a college keg party), lack of table presentation and lights flickering above. The service was marginal at best, food was very slow to come out and food served in a subpar way for the price we were paying (lemons served on a napkin and ketchup in a snack bar, plastic container)!! Lastly…they ran out of chicken for the Baang Salad…a signature dish. It was Saturday night at 8pm…disappointing! The rest of dinner was tasty except you could oil your car engine with leftovers from the Truffle Fries.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and water viewNotCookingTonightDined on 8/21/2014I had a special, seafood risotto which was delicious! A generous amount of seafood was in the dish. View was amazing! The only damper was that the Inn next door was having an event and the DJ was playing too loudly. It was difficult to hear conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left without eatingBellyflopDined on 8/17/2014Sunday night is usually a great time at Splash. This past Sunday however, after waiting an entire hour after placing a fairly simple order (4 appetizers and 3 entrees) we had still not received our appetizers. We checked on it with the waitress who, several times, said it would be right out. After the 3rd time she responded in this way, we asked to see the manager. She said she would get him. Again we waited. And then left.
- Fabulous BrunchJuliesChoiceDined on 8/17/2014The outstanding brunch buffet selection is better than ever. Oysters on the half shell were fabulous, great taco and pasta bars, perfect cheeses, breads and all the breakfast essentials. Maitre d' seemed overwhelmed at first by the sellout crowd and numerous parties, but the waitstaff was excellent and the buffet was always replenished. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Splash- DisappointingZippyDined on 8/16/2014We went to Splash for an anniversary dinner. It’s one of our favorite restaurants, but the service was dreadful. Our young server didn’t understand what Gluten Free options were. Fortunately head server Bob, bailed her out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScenicRR08Dined on 8/10/2014Nice view and sea bass wad good but not hot. The soup special was not special at all. Waitress was fine but it was hard to hear her over the band.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for Sunday brunchRazpDined on 8/10/2014They open at 11am and you have to get there early (11-11:30am) to have your pick of a patio table with a perfect view of the water.Special Features:
- Surprisingly excellent foodMiloDined on 7/28/2014Splash is known for its lovely location and beautiful water views but I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious out meals were. Most notable were the raw oysters and tuna tartar as appetizers and sole, sea bass and swordfish entrees- all well prepared and super yummy. It's also worth noting that our kids had chicken tenders and french fries and couldn't have been happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahBDined on 7/27/2014We go to Splash every year on our anniversary and are never disappointed. A great place for a nice dinner, excellent service and a beautiful environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on SundayNattyDined on 7/27/2014Our first time there we were surprised that they had loud live music playing below the deck. It was a beautiful view and we had planned to sit out but the music was so loud we sat inside instead. The food and service were fine, nothing very special but the view makes dining there worthwhile on a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitsm75Dined on 7/26/2014Splash has consistently good food and a nice wine list. the view from the outdoor patio is great and it's always a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice location with excellent foodBernieDined on 7/25/2014We are from Germany, here for work & vacation, after we have been invited here, we repeated our visit twice the time we have been in the US, because this is such a nice place, a wonderful view from the patio and at least excellent food. We definitely will come back as soon as we are in the US again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterRobmortDined on 7/24/2014Splash's location at the water's edge overlooking the Saugatuck bay makes it very special. The food is excellent, the service friendly and informal, and the prices fair. Overall, for a lunch or early dinner (to enjoy the fading light) it's hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old stand-byalbatross8Dined on 7/23/2014great setting but neither the restaurant's interior nor the menu have been changed or been freshened in years. there is a slightly grungy air that is detraction from the beautiful view and setting. and there still is no bread served despite the long-gone asian fusion concept that used to be the excuse the waiters gave you if you asked for bread to soak up a sauce.Special Features:
- Gourmet food with a viewDiscriminatingDinerDined on 7/23/2014If one arrives early enough, a table on the patio overlooking the LI sound is a treat! We were lucky with a gorgeous summer day to enjoy the scenery while dining on delicious fare. The tuna steak seared and served rare is delicious, and the chicken served pad thai style, and the sole with black rice were very good also. Each meal has creative sides served with it. This is a special place for dining alfresco! The service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- HorribleThermoclineeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Sat at our table for 20+ minutes with menus and did not even get noticed onced. Horrible
- TerribleLisaVIPDined on 7/22/2014I have dined at splash every summer for the last several years and this is the first negative visit i have had. The restaurant is tired and run down and relies on the fact that they have best waterfront location in westport!! But inside dining is not pleasant with sticky floors in the foyer and worn out carpeting throughout the restaurant needs a major facelift. Service is very slow and we waited for a long time to both place the order and get our dinner. And then three of the four members of our party were served and a full ten minutes went by before the fourth entree (a salad!) was served!! View of long island sound not worth going back!!
- Tasty & SurprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Splash was the perfect spot for dinner before a show at Westport Country Playhouse. We got a table on the outdoor porch with a view of the water. The food was tasty and the staff extremely pleasant.Special Features:
- Great view and foodmsmouseDined on 7/19/2014Service was not up to snuff for this establishment. Had lunch with friends out on the deck and as the place filled the service got slower and slower. Not sure because it was a Saturday and there was plenty of staff around. But for the view and good food, nice place to take the family, i'm sure it gets loud at night.Special Features:
- Perfect 1st DateTonyD151Dined on 7/18/2014This was a 1st date and also the first time both of us have been to "Splash". I made the reservation on Open Table and the Host staff was kind enough to grant my request for a special table. The view was spectacular and the food was amazing! The clams and oysters were so fresh and delicious. We ended up having an amazing time and spent over 2 hours at our table. The service was adequate, as we were sitting outside. There were some finer service things that could have been better, but when outdoor dining, you tend to overlook those things. The date went so well, we ended up going to Mohegan Sun on a whim! Splash certainly played a part in that! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We've been here quite a few times over the years but not recently. We found that the ambiance was dampened by a tired decor in upholstery repair and updating. The wait service was unattentive and while the food was decent, I won't go back without some updating.
- DisappointedtoothyDined on 7/13/2014First, out of all tap beer and most of bottled beers. They had a busy day and ran out. Ran out? Seated my wife under an air-conditioning vent that dripped water on/in her pocket book. It was behind her, so we didn't notice till time to leave. Waiter's response, "it's a problem in a few spots in the restaurant". THEN FIX IT, DON'T SIT SOMEONE UNDER A KNOWN PROBLEM. Ran out of Salmon, and Swordfish. Not a big menu, 2 less items limits your choices. Loud band outside. Good, but loud. Thick tablecloths made glasses sit precariously, we had to keep catching them before falling over. Could be a great place given the view and the space they have, but I'm guessing the owners never actually sit down at a table. Great place for undercover boss.Special Features:
- bip2004Dined on 7/12/2014The only concern we had with dining experience service. Our dinner very late coming out. The waiter explain they had a larger party and kitchen back up. The food good.. only problem it could be hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not fun due to rainy,stormy eveningjlminvVIPDined on 7/2/2014It was a rainy night and an empty restaurant (only two other tables and almost no one at the bar). Food was fair. Bar was quiet. I had tuna which was done as ordered-rare, and a ceasar salad which also was much too large for 1 person. Others had mandarin chicken salad which is always good but too large for one. Service was attentive. Wine on the menu was not available (take it off the list). View was poor, patio was not available because of the weather. I will try again when the sun is shining and the restaurant is humming. Front lobby was soaked Need to pay more attention to drying out the carpet when it rains. I was here three weeks earlier for a private party and it was beautiful, especially since the affair was both outside and inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LWG61lwg61Dined on 6/28/20142nd year of Birthday dinner here and very nice again. When good weather, great outdoor dining but but a challenge to get outside table. Reservations required.Special Features:
- The following 560 reviews are from the Splash reviews archive.
- Good...PhillyDined on 6/22/2014The food was good - I cannot say great. I always like for my food to come hot and it wasn't... But I have been to Splash before and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.