Spizzigo - Coral Gables
127 Giralda Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spizzigo - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3054613391x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Spizzigo - Coral Gables
Spizzigo is Coral Gables newest addition in fine italian dining. You'll find the freshest homemade pastas complemented by most intricate wines and aperitifs to satisfy your inner most cravings for the mediterranean soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spizzigo - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- good local italian restaurantbarbDined on 10/19/2014Spizzigo is a good local italian restaurant with moderate prices for Coral Gables. Friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Worth checking out in GablesAPH1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Best veal parm. in Miami. Real figs & prosciutto fantastic combo. New Brazilian owner with restaurant experience
- Ashamed !LuckyNVIPDined on 9/21/2014The place was closed, we made our reservation, we drove there for nothing, the place was closed.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Spizzigo - Coral Gables reviews archive.
- European Feelh28perezDined on 6/28/2014If you have ever eaten in Europe, then you know that the table is yours for the evening, so don't be rushed. One of the specials for night was salmon ravioli in pink sauce with a hint of lemon; the lasagna was meaty but not heavy and greasy, both amazing. The shrimp risotto was out of this world good. The chef cooked eggplant parmesan, which was not on the menu, for our guest. Our host, Pasquale, was gracious and friendly. He recommended several of the dishes and several of the desserts and was very patient with our wine selection and even recommended an amazing muscato for dessert. Spizzigo provides a solo cello player who played classical and contemporary pieces that set a very positive energy in the dining room. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice...NanyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Truly enjoyed it although the musician/background music was a bit loud; and, unfortunately, a VERY odd couple sat next to us....just as loud or louder. However, this place is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but made some mistakesdkoopeDined on 5/17/2014We had a 6:30 reservation and found a communion party of about 30 people going strong. Couldn't hear ourselves think let alone speak. They never should have taken our reservation if they knew the party was still going on. They didn't leave until 7:30. Because of the confusion, the service was less than great. I have a feeling that without the party, this place would have been much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent food, presentation, and service all while being made to feel like extended family. Have been there a few times when in Miami and will always return.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceMaiteDined on 4/19/2014Every one that waited on us were extremely nice & pleasant. The food was excellent & their Nutella Ice Cream is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is well preparedSandiVIPDined on 3/24/2014The food is well prepared and served with a smile. You must try their fettuccine prepared inside a big round of Parmesan cheese. It's creamy yet light and yummy. Perfectly cooked pasta dishes specially the spinash ravioli filled with veal and the ones filled with lobster. If you like that slightly sweet sauce, try the pasta with pears and Gorgonzola sauce. Liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner is fantastic as is foodMiami00Dined on 3/22/2014The food is fantastic. The gelato is terrific. The owner is welcoming and a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food mostly excellentIntrepidNYtravelerDined on 2/15/2014The pasta is excellent here as well as the pizza that we tried (Fantastico). The focaccia for the table was excellent. The salad was a weak link -- tired brown lettuce pieces, although the portion size was very generous and the Caesar dressing was also excellent. The cappuccino was just fair. The service was fair. Everyone was very friendly but they seemed run off their feet and it took ages to get our food, to get coffee, to get our bill.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic! HighlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014Food was fantastic! Highly recommend the pear and Brie pizza and the Gorgonzola and pear pasta- our waiter was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Fresh & Tasty Italian CookingluvfoodDined on 2/8/2014Great menu, great food, great service. A warm and welcoming casual & comfortable restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular. ..NanyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Very nice place...quaint, friendly and absolutely delicious,authentic Italian cuisine. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CG spotChoppyChopDined on 1/18/2014The Nutella ice cream is by far the best thing on the menu followed by the spaghetti carbonara. Their specialty appears to be the pastas. Skip the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spizzigo si one of the bestAdomarVIPDined on 12/23/2013Spizzigo si one of the best restaurants in town. Quality/price relation is excellent. Been there several times and I have been always very satisfied.Special Features:
- When I think of the best mealsMikeBVIPDined on 11/8/2013When I think of the best meals I had in Italy they were all simple preparations with fresh ingredients. That's exactly what our meal at Spizzigo was on Friday night. My wife and I split an octopus salad. The octopus was very tender, perfectly prepared. The pasta and clams - light and tasty. Simple Italian cuisine at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsavoryeaterVIPDined on 11/6/2013This was our first time trying the restaurant. The food was bland and disappointing.
- Great Moment!MKC27Dined on 11/4/2013we were 7 people and everybody had a great meal! All the food was great as well as service! My highlight is Tiramisu is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific neighborhood Italian spotUMdadDined on 10/4/2013We took our college daughter and three friends for dinner on a busy Friday night with last minute reservations. The food was really great traditional Italian fare with reasonable wine prices. The cello player created nice ambiance, but were also able to have a great conversation with the girls without shouting. The service could have been a bit faster, but were extremely friendly and attentive. We will absolutely be back...everyone in the group loved Spizzigo!Special Features:
- A Great EveningAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 9/6/2013Just a special night with friends. The service and food were right on the mark. Everyone was attentive. The owner was friendly and made our experience relaxing and special. The cello player was the icing on the cake. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemReggaeMamaVIPDined on 9/1/2013Warm friendly feeling, with casual elegance. The bread was delicious, not to mention the gnocchi, lasagna and pizza. Dessert was the icing on the cake - tiramisu, homemade coconut gelato, and nutella ice cream. My family has peanut allergies and Spizzigo is a must for family dining ::-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.BrianLovesToWineAndDineDined on 8/11/2013Found this restaurant through Trip Advisor while spending one night in Coral Gables. Was looking for something with good food and wine close by our hotel (Biltmore) and fairly casual. This surpased our expectations. The service was top notch. The food, epecially the salad with melted brie and pears, was exemplery and the wine (Chianti) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itdatenightDined on 8/10/2013found this gem on open table. all the posts lived up to expectations and more. the food and staff were amazing. will be back for more on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Cozy, comfy, tasty, casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2013Nice father-daughter duo running the front of house and tasty pasta at reasonable prices. Recommend the pasta carbonara and spaghetti alla vongole. A tad too much olive oil, but the food was superb otherwise. Do save room for the Nutella ice cream!Special Features:
- Wow!Roadwarrior5443VIPDined on 6/6/2013Spizzigo is a wonderful, wonderful gem! The owner prepared dinner for us as he would for his own family. I highly recommend Spizzigo!Special Features:
- Spizzigo - a keeperYourcpaVIPDined on 5/29/2013We have been to Sizzigo three times each was superb. The owner and his family work in the restaurant so if a guest wants something special it is taken care of. The linguine with white clams was wonderful. The pasta was properly cooked, not pasty or hard - just right. The clams were small and opened with the proper amount of sauce. I prefer a heavy garlic and ordered it that way and it was prepared perfectly in accordance with my desires. On another visit I ordered a calzone which differed from the one on the menu. It was prepared as I asked but was cold on the inside. The waiter suggested that I try the pizza instead as reheating the calzone would ruin it. He was right. A wonderful and concientious waiter. Visit Spizzigo you will be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian food. TryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2013Very good Italian food. Try the fettucine alfredo which is made in a huge cheese ball right in front of you. Also had stuffed ravioli special which tasted great.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012It was a girl's weekend and 6 of us dined here....service was great, food was delicious! A must try....Nutella gelato for desert!!Special Features:
- Expensive and serves smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Expensive and serves small portions. Left kind of still hungry.
- The food is excellent: goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2012The food is excellent: good ingredients, tasty dishes well prepared. Menu items for a variety of tastes. The bread is from wood burning oven, as well as their pizzas. You get your money's worth here. The desserts are spectacular especially the sorbets. The service is very good, they are attentive to your needs and gracious with any requests. Give this restaurant a try. They are fairly new and need our support. Lets keep good restaurants in our area open.Special Features:
- The sign on the door did notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2012The sign on the door did not have the time it opened (it was peeled off). It did not open by 12:00 noon. We went to another restaurant.
- Excellent dining for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Excellent dining for lunch or dinner and thoguhtful service from the staff always.Special Features:
- Owner and daughter were FANTASTIC!ScottMDined on 7/1/2012Owner and daughter were FANTASTIC! We had outstanding service and great conversation with owner throughout the meal! I WILL go back and will recommend to everyone!Special Features: