1746 County Road 39
Southampton, NY 11968Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greekbitesgrill.com/
- Phone: 6314884388
- Hours of Operation:
Take Out & Delivery: Monday - Sunday: 11aM-10PM
Dining Room: Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10 PM. Friday - Sunday: 10AM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Spiro's
Classic, Authentic Greek Cuisine made fresh and fast. That is what we are all about! With a lifetime of experience behind us, Spiro's is our latest endeavor in making great Greek food available to everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spiro's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worth the tripMicheleNYVIPDined on 8/31/2013This lovely restaurant is not in the center of town so requires a short drive but it is so worth the trip for great Greek food. We ordered fish, beef, chicken, falafel, calamari (grilled) and veggie dishes, as well as an assortment of dips with pita. Everything was delicious. The only thing I didn't love was their take on baklava because it was very nutty and not as sweet and gooey as I am used to, but it was still pretty tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2013We were the only people there at 6 pm on a Friday which should have been a huge red flag. ordered tzatziki which was actually good. I had wanted the dorado but were out so I ordered Branzino. Food came out soon, both out meat dished were covered in a cream sauce. Husband's chicken appeared stringy and tasted awful. The broccoli crowns were yellow and loaded with garlic. Garlic mashed potatoes were of a strange flavor and consistency. Fish was overdone on the edges the sauce was just loaded on and capers were dry, lemon potatoes were hard as a rock and the red kale was inedible and drowning in garlic as well. Simply terrible. The server seemed to expect our reaction and laughed when we said we didn't want dessert and said "of course not."
- What a huge disappointment....GoodtimesVIPDined on 7/19/2013I was there with the family last year when it was Greek Bites and we had a really good experience. Unfortunately, this time around it was awful. The food was at best cafetria food. All of the food was tasteless and underseasoned. The soup was bland, the pork was fatty, and the lemon potatoes were microwaved. After frequenting many Greek restaurants in Astoria, I am not sure how they can serve this food with pride. Also they charged $4 per iced tea. I have not seen a place charge for refills for unsweetened tea. I do hope they can turn it around and get back to where they were a year ago.
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2013Food was so so and expensive. Don't think I'll be back
- Lots of little bitesiragDined on 5/11/2013went to Greek Bites on Saturday night with friends. From the outside the place is very deceiving. Inside the decor was charming. We were greeted by the owner and seated immediately. Service was very good, attentive but not overbearing. We ended up having about 7 different appetizers and no entrees. The food was very good, only issue was I felt the entrees were very expensive. Overall we have a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2013Tried this place over the weekend for dinner and found the food to be fine but nothing special. The hortatorki salad (spelling uncertain) was quite good and more than enough for two people. The gyro sandwich platter with fries was dry so I asked the waiter for some sauce and found out unexpectedly that it added $5 to the final bill. The fries were sprinkled with feta cheese so ketchup was not a viable option to add.
- couldn't believe that theymumblesVIPDined on 10/21/2012couldn't believe that they would charge $16.00 for a Ketel One vodka on the rocks. vs. $14. for a martini. and the branzino - a very small portion was $35.00pp. prices are inconsistent and out of line.
- I could not submit this commentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2012I could not submit this comment without a review. The ratings are based on my previous visits.
- Local Southampton Casual DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012Relatively new Greek oriented bar and dinning with very accomodating and friendly solicitous staff. Restruant exterior is reminiscent of an upscale dinner with convenient parking while inside decor is understated table dinning with an active bar area. Our group of 4 shared tasting of all dishes and were favorably impressed by the eggplant dip appetizer and an especially delicious braised beef shank entree and wonderfully sinful chocolate souffle dessert. Prices were moderate and reasonable.Special Features:
- Quite good but way overpriced!KL54Dined on 9/8/2012We tried this restaurant for the first time this past weekend..it being after Labor Day, it was very quiet. From the outside, it doesn't look like much; in fact, they really need to get rid of these plastic flags all over the front of the restaurant...not a classy look. The inside is pleasant, sleek and modern with a nice big bar. The appetizers were lovely; fried zucchini with skordalia, and a nice salad...but the octopus, although very tasty, was not worth the $24 price tag attached to it! Cllassic entrees, moussaka and pastisio; the portions were huge but again way overpriced! Our waitress Melissa was very friendly and helpful and the owner came out to our table for a chat. Nice experience overall but for Greek food, hefty tab!
- Excellent falafel,lamb gyroNewlureviewVIPDined on 8/31/2012Excellent falafel,lamb gyro and salad. We will be back again.Special Features:
- The food was excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The food was excellent service was good the owner comes around and asks if everything are ok i would go back and I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was good but priced aOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/27/2012Food was good but priced a bit on the high side. Family meal looks like a good way to go, but not our choice on this occasion.
- Very satisfied w/ Greek Bites GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012My family and I just happened to come across Greek Bites Grill on the Open Table website. We were pleasantly surprised on our find. The restaurant itself was decorated very beautifully and had great ambiance. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding and the staff very friendly. We sat outside in a screened in area, which was very enjoyable. Overall we were extremely satisfied and happy about dining at Greek Bites Grill.Special Features:
- We had a great meal. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012We had a great meal. The owner introduced himself and was extremely nice and accomodating. They do a great take out and delivery service which is a great feature in Southampton. Good new find!Special Features:
- Very good service, food andNewlureviewVIPDined on 7/7/2012Very good service, food and decor. This restaurant was wonderful for dinner. The owner was there that evening and I suspect every evening judging by the high quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- A great find !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2012Had a lovely first time visit to Greek Bites. The service was fantastic and friendly. The presentation of the food was simply divine. The food has multiple flavors and the decor was pleasant and clean. We will most definately return!Special Features:
- The restaurant is nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2012The restaurant is nothing to look at from the outside, but was lovely on the inside and to our suprise had a good sized bar area that was nicely appointed. Cocktails were excellent.Dining room is extremely noisy. The food was good, with a Grilled Octopus Appetizer that was Outstanding. The sampler of dips were all good, with the exception of the baba ganoush, which was watery & flavorless. Lamb and chicken souvlaki were excellent, but the meat on the GYRO Platter was shreaded so thin that it was overcooked. All in all it was a nice place with good food. we will definately go back.Special Features:
- We were all pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2012We were all pleasantly surprised and will deffinitely return again The food was wonderful .Special Features:
- Excellent,will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/26/2012Excellent,will definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:
- When I walked in I was pleasantlyNY123VIPDined on 5/25/2012When I walked in I was pleasantly surprise with the decor and covered outdoor area. Told that server was best in restaurant but she was ok and frequently disappeared for long periods. Food good but not great. Fried zucchini and dip good. Disappointed that dessert made elsewhere and served here. Good for a Greek fix but Trata is still the tops.
- Must go to spot in the Hamptons!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012WOW! Busy place as valet was a welcome sight. Decided to wait at the bar for our other guests to arrive,was pleasantly surprised to sit and meet the owner.Charming man and very accomidating. We decided to sit outside the dining room in an open air area that was really cozy and comfortable.The waitstaff were good,not overbearing.Three courses ordered,the food arrived like clockwork with the Greek dips plate a hit around the table.Octopus and Fried Calamari were refreshing and well done.Although not Greek,the Porterhouse for two is incredible!With the sides for each of us individual,it was perfectly done and just like a great steakhouse.Our guests had the Red Snapper for two.PERFECT MOIST FISH! no room for dessert....we'll be back for suSpecial Features:
- Very much overpriced withMARTYVIPDined on 5/6/2012Very much overpriced with a limited menu. Would not go back other than possibly for lunch, when the prices are more reasonable. The food was ok but nothing special.
- We had an overall wonderfulMattDined on 4/14/2012We had an overall wonderful experience. A good time was had by all!Special Features:
- Not moderately priced forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Not moderately priced for Greek food. The food is good, but ask for a few extra pitas and they'll add it to your bill. tacky if you ask me.
- Welcome additionLocalvisitorDined on 3/16/2012Wonderful gem and welcome addition to Southampton.Special Features:
- overall satisfied with everythingREVSVIPDined on 2/18/2012overall satisfied with everything but two things should be changed: first, the valet parking should be eliminate as completely unnecessary and is an inconvenience for the customers; and second, at a nice restaurant, the servers should NEVER introduce themselves to the customers.
- lovely interior. Priced asouthamptoneaterDined on 12/14/2011lovely interior. Priced a little high for a neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Excellent new Greek in Southampton!MicheleNYVIPDined on 12/3/2011We were a group of 6 foodies for a Saturday night. We all eat out often and agreed that this new Greek restuarant was at least a 4 star. I was a little nervous when I read that the other Greek Bites in Moriches is a casual take out place, but the ambiance of this rennovated space is terrific with serene decor and a nice bar. We ordered an array of appetizers and main dishes and loved the special platters with all the traditional Greek dips. Other favorites were the saganaki, spanikopita and sea bass. The main dish portions were a little small for some of the guys but the desserts were ample. The baklava and greek yogurt with honey were the standouts. Service was fine for a new restaurant.Special Features:
- While the food was very good,SusanDined on 11/29/2011While the food was very good, and we will return for that, the service needs work. Multiple people in close succession, sometimes little more than a minute apart, came to our table to ask if we were ready to order, even though we had told the first person (who said "I'll be your waiter this evening) that we wanted to enjoy our wine for a while and weren't ready to order. During the meal, people came asking if we wanted to order another glass of wine, even though we already had (from yet another person who came asking). While there was almost no one at the bar, two huge TVs were playing and were hard to avoid when seated in the dining room.Special Features:
- How not to run a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/26/2011I am sure it is growing pains but the second time going to the restaurant was a disaster. Every dish my wife and I ordered came out wrong, uncooked or just never came. Once the ownerr must have heard that we were having problems he never once came over to say he was sorry. After we were there for 75 minutes and not getting our entree we got our check and left. Glad to say for Spiro that the place was busy but it will never be busy serving us.
- My husband and I were hereOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/26/2011My husband and I were here on a Saturday night. After waiting 25 minutes we learned that our table had been given to another couple in error. We were evenutally seated opposite the entrance door which brought in uncomfortably chilly air each time it opened & had a full view of a busy coat closet being opened/closed. The music was more of a dance beat -not dinner appropriate. The decor is white painted unadorned walls with close, cramped tables. The menu was expensive, which is not an issue with us if the food is exceptional, but it was not. The chicken souvalki was dry & unseasoned - the onions/peppers too charred. We spoke with the manager who did little but ask us what we wanted him to do. We will not be back, wish it had been better.
- Nice, fresh look inside withDaveSVIPDined on 11/26/2011Nice, fresh look inside with a helpful and friendly staff. The portions were plentiful and the food was very good.Special Features:
- A welcome edition to The HamptonsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2011The restauraut is a welcome edition to the area, owners, staff, & especially food was very good on our first visit, however the LOUD Banging music during Dinner Hour was disturbing, this Loud music on a 2nd visit, persisted but when the dinner hourwas over the music was turned off, instead of the reverse, Eventually the restauraunt will develop a smoother rythm will less freneticism. But the food is very good with traditional Greek specialities & should be given a "thumbs up", StanosSpecial Features: