Providence, RI 02909Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spiritosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4014344435x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Closed, only Private Functions
Lunch & Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Monday: Closed, only Private Functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: David Spirito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are known for catering to all size parties weather it is a few trays of food to a business luncheon or a full Catered buffet. We will be happy to accommodate all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We are fortunate to be located in an old Victorian building here on Federal Hill, which allows us to offer private dinning in one of our beautiful dinning rooms. From 10-70 people we can accommodate your business or private needs.
- Private Party Contact: Gregory 4014344435x
- Special Events: Spirito's Restaurant is a great place for business luncheons or business dinners. We offer great private dunning rooms that accomidate from 10-70 people. The private rooms are also great for birthday paties or just a friendly get together. Please call for more information
A word from Spirito's Restaurant
Spirito's offers authentic Italian food at reasonable prices with exceptional quality and ingredients. We offer a great friendly atmosphere so patrons can enjoy a superbe dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spirito's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Spirito's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (28)romantic (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Broadway BeautyAnge1Dined on 8/23/2014I have been a loyal fan of this Family Restaurant for years. And over the years it has become my Go-To for warm, family style dinning. Like being in the lovely home of a gracious friend. The food gets better all the time. Graci, Greg and DavidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Nice place. Waited a bit too long upon arrival to be seated, but this was the only negative of our evening. The food was flavorful, presentation was there as well as portion size - WE WILL BE BACK!Special Features:
- It wasn't open!RIFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We drove 45 minutes to meet friends who drove an hour and I wasn't open. Apparently it closes on Sunday in the summer! Ended up at Zooma and had a great meal.
- Enjoyed our mealMadlyDancingVIPDined on 8/9/2014I found this restaurant using open table and the reviewers comments. I was very pleased with the food and the attentiveness of the staff. I had veal and shrimp picatta, it was excellent. My husband had the seafood platter and said it was OK. the stuffing was more cracker than anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok this timeSpiritosVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have been before and it was excellent. This time we felt rushed (and there weren't people waiting). As we were eating, busboys coming over asking if we are done with our meals- we had forks in hand and were eating and they wanted to take our plates! this happened more than once. My boyfriend's full plate of appetizer was taken from him. The serving plate was empty, she came over and asked if we were all set with this, looking at the serving plate, and I said yes, and she cleared everything. We were never told the specials by our waitress - we overheard them from another waiter. Food was just ok. Veal was overcooked, chicken had a funny flavor. We will probably go back, but it was definitely an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Spiritos is a great restaurant that we tried after reading reviews. We were very satisfied and truly impressed by this restaurant. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite family placelove2eatDined on 7/29/2014Dining at Spiritos s is always wonderful. The food is outstanding and the staff makes sure you are happy. Everyone is in a good mood there and it is not unusual for someone in management to come make sure all is well. Danielle is our waitress and as usual she is a fantastic professional. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meal. My leftovers were great also the next day for lunch .We had a party of5.Thanks again!Special Features:
- The service disappointedSunzupDined on 7/12/2014Our waitress started off very attentive and friendly. The meal was great and our table was cozy and romantic but once our meal was done and the leftovers boxed we waited almost 30 minutes for our waitress to return with the bill AFTER we chased her down. No offer of another round of drinks or dessert and coffee. It turned a nice evening out a little sour.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable.RoseyDined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy the great service and delicious food at Spirito's restaurant. It is a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodwgpg2013Dined on 7/12/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a lot of charm. The food was incredible, the service was top notch! The scallops are a must have, cooked perfectly and seasoned to perfection!Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!PamelaDined on 7/11/2014This was not my first visit, and I keep going back for the delicious food, wine and staff. I always have something different and I am never disappointed! Keep up the good work!!! By the way, they have the best tiramisu!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDDinersDined on 7/9/2014We found out about Spirito by buying a groupon. It was a great find that we will be going back to with our friends. The food was outstanding and the portions were plentiful. Staff couldn't have been nicer!Special Features:
- Good Food....Good ServiceduckDined on 6/27/2014Good Food.....Good Service.......Good Value..........Friendly. Bus people need to relax....or they need to be managed better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJGRIDined on 6/21/2014Have been coming here for years. Food and service is always great.Special Features:
- Elegant atmosphere; delicious food!JeweloramaDined on 6/19/2014Beautiful old mansion with friendly, efficient staff. Many menu options with off-menu discount specials (it's lobster and steamers time!). Parking by the door and function spaces for small and medium-sized groups. Have drinks on the sweeping porch. Open for lunch as well, and great atmosphere for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost in timeCharlieDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant appears as though it has not been updated since 1970s. In quiet section of Federal Hill away from vibrant attwells ave scene. Just gave us an uneasy feeling. Service was fair, and found about the same.
- good italian foodLrombergDined on 5/24/2014very good italian food ..large portions with all dinners coming with soup or salad and side of pasta...well pricedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Made our reservations through open table which was very convenient and easy. The table was ready no waiting. The restaurant is located in a grand Victorian style home. We were seated upstairs. The atmosphere was fabulous. You could imagine the house in its day and those who walked the grand staircase. The food was delicious. We had the Gorgonzola bread, the mozzarella sticks and the Calamari. Our main dishes were the Veggie pizza, pasta, chicken Erica and steak. Would recommend any of these! The service was phenomenal. The waitress was so pleasant and we did not feel rushed, the timing was perfect. Would highly recommend dining here. The experience was superb! Looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, Service and priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014Spirito's has outstanding food and the price is remarkable. My husband and I like their two for dining specials at $39.99 per couple that includes a bottle of wine and desert. The choices on this special menu has something for everyone. You will never be disappointed when eating at this beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try oncelftankDined on 5/16/2014I had been waiting to try this restaurant after many months. Finally a group of six ladies went on a Friday evening. I wasn't sure about this place when I walked in, knowing that it was a former funeral home, the carpet was old, torn and dirty. When we were escorted to the table, the room was beautiful, an old Victorian home with all its original woodwork still in tact. We ordered our meal, which took over 30 minutes to arrive. The food was good but nothing to write home about. The balsamic dressing was very watery and had no flavor at all. The clam chowder didn't have a clam in it. And the spicy shrimp was not very spicy. I am glad I visited but sorry to say, I won't be back again.Special Features:
- okayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014we ate upstairs and it was like a cafeteria setting, none of the ambience that the downstairs has. The bathroom was not neat and clean and the walls need paint upstairs. The food was fair. The steaks were not very tender or flavorful, the salad dressing had no taste
- You should really try this!JeweloramaDined on 5/6/2014Attentive (but not intrusive) wait staff. Beautiful historic building, delicious food. Mid-week dinner special $39.95 dinner for two w/bottle of wine. Park by the door. What more could you ask for on The Hill?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CampyDined on 5/4/2014Nice place good food but took a little to long to get our dinners, told waiter we had a show but ended up eating to fast to get to show on time.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the Spirito's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014Aside from the good food, the service made our night out. Service was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- WHAT A FINDI!JerryBDined on 4/26/2014Just a few blocks over from Atwells Ave and you'll find one of the best restaurants in RI. Spirito's serves up authentic Italian food with both great prices and large servings. I was with a party of four and everyone ended up with a take out bag. Their gravy is mild and delicious. I had the veal parm and my wife had the veal scallopini. The first thing to arrive at your table is a basket of crusty Italian bread served with both butter and olive oil. They had fried smelts as a "special" appetizer. They are a favorite of mine and some of the best I've eaten. The atmosphere is as good as the food. The atmosphere is where you would expect the prices to be a lot higher than they are. The staff is great and friendly.Special Features:
- very good food in a nice settingmarkDined on 4/26/2014The veal was very tender, the portion was a little small. very good bread alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet gemAtticozeDined on 4/19/2014When you're finished walking Atwells Street and sitting in the sun on the piazza by Venda Ravioli sipping a cool drink, try Spirito's for a quiet late dinner. It's away from all the "young noise" and commotion of down-town, but not too far away. The restaurant is housed in an old Victorian mansion and the furniture and decor is comforting and a little less than elegant. The food is typical Italian- not great, but plenty good. We go there every time we're in Providence. Just LOVE the whole experience of eating there! I think if you try it once, it will be come a favorite of yours too.Special Features:
- Always a great meal....veryRalphDined on 4/12/2014Always a great meal....very consistent! Wait staff is friendly and we repeatedly go back.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent !!!DanteDined on 4/5/2014My family and I always enjoy Spirito's because we know we are going to have a great meal with great service. Take the time to visit and next time you'll be going back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a party of 4 and nonedisappointed4Dined on 4/4/2014We had a party of 4 and none of us enjoyed our meal. The food was was bland and tasteless. The homemade balsamic salad dressing was just water. The gnochis were mushy and for $18.95 we received very small portion. We were told that a bottle of wine was 25% off, so we ordered a bottle, when getting the bill, we handed in our groupon and were told you couldn't use two specials. I don't know why the groupon should cancel out the wine discount....We opted to use the groupon, since we have no intention on going back.
- Birthday DinnerDebiKanDined on 3/26/2014I always like to spend my birthday with my family, but as the size of our group continues to grow, it becomes increasingly difficult to find a spot that can accommodate us all and still give that feeling of intimate family dining. Spirito's was PERFECT!! Our table was charming, the decor of the restaurant inviting, the staff friendly and courteous, the wine list more than satisfactory, and the ambience delightful! It's an added bonus that it's a small, locally owned restaurant - a little gem in the west end of Providence!Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014As always...food was great, service friendly and attentive, and surroundings simply lovely!Special Features:
- Lovely LuncheonLolafromLIDined on 3/23/2014Our experience at Spiritos made for a pleasurable Sunday lunch. Our server was fun, witty and knew her stuff. Overall the meals delighted with everything one expects from a quality Italian restaurant. One member of our party requested an item he had seen on the lunch menu and our server was quick to check with the kitchen and place his order. My husband felt his sauced Angel hair pasta and meatballs was a trifle watery but it did not stop him from cleaning his plate! My order of Eggplant Parmesan was tender, oozing with melted cheese and large enough to provide lunch for the following day. The Chicken Marsala dish was picture perfect and enjoyed. Adding to the ambience of the exquisite Victorian house is the ease of the huge parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Lunch and DinnerRichardMDined on 3/19/2014as always, excellent food and service. Looking forward to Spirito's again.Special Features:
- dinner specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014the dinner special was awful. fried all panko and hardly any fish at all for $24.95.. the eggplant parm was excellent. would go back but would only order an italian entree. no seafood or dinner specials, italian or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Italian with a touch of flairLittleRhodyFoodieDined on 3/11/2014Interesting place, traditional "old" Italian menu, a few bright spots. The stuffed quahogs were absolutely delicious, best we've ever had. This is the kind of old school Italian-AMERICAN fare you would expect Billy Joel to rave about in the 1970s, with Mama Leoni-style pasta dishes and lots of dinner entrees to choose from. Surprised by the extensive wine list and the dessert tray was very appealing. The restaurant has a lot of history and local flavor, considering that it is also the very first Italian-American club in the country. We would go again if we are looking for a semi-casual and reasonably priced place to dine on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Spirito'sRocksanneDined on 3/8/2014We have been to Spirito's on several occasions. We tried different things each time, and it has always been very good. Would recommend to anyone asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing building and good food!Lcac13Dined on 3/6/2014I read many reviews, many negative, but some outstanding. I suspect this is the type of place you either love or hate! I can see some issues, especially about some of the food quality. Store-bought pasta is embarrassing, with so many local options, but the ravioli and the " bullet shaped" pasta is locally made & excellent. Our waitress offered that information, so we went with that. Our meals, 3 of us, were really good. I suspect ordinary jarred garlic, and much prefer fresh, but my veal florentine w/mushrooms & sun dried tomatoes was divine Why powdered cruddy Parmesan and little butter packets? Bread was great. The building is EXQUISITE...worth the trip for sure! Without that, maybe a B-, but I give it an A, with room for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing EveningLevinesDined on 3/1/2014With so many restaurants to choose from, I thought this one would be special for a birthday celebration. However, someone must have quit, and the waiter was so taxed, that our dining took 2 1/2 hours with an hour between appetizers and salads. What a shame because we were upstairs, and when the food reached us, it was not hot enough. I think it was due to a lack of wait staff. I bet the food would have been good if it was hot.
- Spirito's is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014Spirito's is our favorite restaurant. It offers everything. Good food, good price, good atmosphere and excellent service. We love Italian food and I live in a state that has many great italian restaurants. We feel Spiritos is one, if not the best, in the state.Special Features: