Providence, RI 02909Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spiritosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4014344435x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Closed, only Private Functions
Lunch & Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Monday: Closed, only Private Functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: David Spirito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are known for catering to all size parties weather it is a few trays of food to a business luncheon or a full Catered buffet. We will be happy to accommodate all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We are fortunate to be located in an old Victorian building here on Federal Hill, which allows us to offer private dinning in one of our beautiful dinning rooms. From 10-70 people we can accommodate your business or private needs.
- Private Party Contact: Gregory 4014344435x
- Special Events: Spirito's Restaurant is a great place for business luncheons or business dinners. We offer great private dunning rooms that accomidate from 10-70 people. The private rooms are also great for birthday paties or just a friendly get together. Please call for more information
A word from Spirito's Restaurant
Spirito's offers authentic Italian food at reasonable prices with exceptional quality and ingredients. We offer a great friendly atmosphere so patrons can enjoy a superbe dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Spirito's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Spirito's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (29)romantic (29)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (24)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SpiritosoutatownersDined on 10/18/2014a favorite! very good food and a really good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I found this restaurant by reading the reviews - great choice. The lunch menu was extensive, the prices were reasonable, the staff was polite and professional, and the food was excellent. I will be returning when I have visitors from out of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we walked in, the staff was friendly and efficient. We had a reservation and were seated immediately upon our arrival. The food was excellent and the best Italian selections I have seen in several years. This truly is a hidden gem ! I would recommend it to all. FT in PawtucketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Always a great meal with a fine setting. Service is friendly and not hovering.Special Features:
- Our weekly favoritelove2eatDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant has dependable great food and service. It seems that the wait staff here really likes their r jobs. They are efficient, personable and accomodating. I never had to ask twice for anything not even ice. The weekly specials for two dinners cannot be beat anywhere and it includes desserts!Spiritos is a good date night restaurant.Don't miss trying it .Special Features:
- Old School PVDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Great character and really good classic italian food. Veal was excellent. Make sure you take a walk around the whole place.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!!DanteDined on 10/11/2014Great food and great service. Servers are friendly and engage the younger members of our group. Helpful without being overbearing. You are served at a good pace without being rushed. Food is consistently excellent. Reasonable prices that make you want to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurantlove2eatDined on 10/7/2014A great mid week find with mid week specials. service is good and tsaff is lovelySpecial Features:
- WonderfulskimikDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is must if your looking for great service, large portions and wonderful atmosphere. The pasta was wonderful and the baked seafood plate was cooked to perfection. Alex our waitres was really pleasent and quite atentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbor spotMarionDined on 9/27/2014Great for dining as a couple for with a group. Chicken "Toni" the special should be a regular item - it was wonderful! Look forward to dining here again in the near future.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and great foodVinayDined on 9/27/2014Spirito's has a victorian look to it. The rooms are well-decorated and hence create a great ambiance. Food was awesome too. The wait staff and the owner were very courteous and took care of us very well.Special Features:
- Delicious food, elegant venue!JeweloramaDined on 9/25/2014Beautiful Victorian ambiance, friendly staff, and delicious food. Park by the door. A nice selection of appetizers, house made pizzas, entrees from chicken to a delicious seafood platter and steaks, and a lovely tray of dessert offerings. Staff is friendly and accommodating, and the upstairs room can be rented for events. The baked haddock is superb, as are their Italian dishes (eggplant and chicken parm, tender veal - to name a few). They also have specials during the week (Sunday is all you can eat chicken for example). Definitely worth a visit for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meal & Great PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. The food is always excellent. We have been dining with David & Greg Spirito now for over 10 years. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays they have a great 2 for special 39.95. Bottle of Wine, meal & desert.Special Features:
- Great timeHeathereDined on 9/20/2014First time there - food and service was top notch. Would go back there in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- outatownersDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious, wine selection was very good, service was very good and value is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJGRIDined on 9/12/2014Food and service is always great. Been here a lot. The old mansion this restaurant is in has beautiful woodwork.Special Features:
- Victorian elegance; delicious food!JeweloramaDined on 9/12/2014Park by the door of this magnificent Victorian mansion, once the home of the owner of Providence's premier retail store 'downtown', or 'Downcity', as we call it here). Beautiful dining areas, many with ornate fireplaces. Attentive staff and great food. The eggplant Parmesan, seafood and pasta dishes were perfectly cooked and delicious. Sit on the wraparound porch and chat over cocktails and appetizers. Very generous helpings, weekday specials, welcoming owners and staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and serviceannonymousDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious. The chicken and veal parm were great. The sauce was excellent, and the cappellini was cooked perfectly. Our server was very very good, being it was her first night here and we were her first customers! AND our first time also. She was very friendly and personable, and helpful. Sorry I can't remember her name, but she had a 'boot' on one of her feet, and she was from Salem. So we are definitely going back to try other meals! Outdoor seating is a PLUS!Special Features:
- Broadway BeautyAnge1Dined on 8/23/2014I have been a loyal fan of this Family Restaurant for years. And over the years it has become my Go-To for warm, family style dinning. Like being in the lovely home of a gracious friend. The food gets better all the time. Graci, Greg and DavidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Nice place. Waited a bit too long upon arrival to be seated, but this was the only negative of our evening. The food was flavorful, presentation was there as well as portion size - WE WILL BE BACK!Special Features:
- It wasn't open!RIFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We drove 45 minutes to meet friends who drove an hour and I wasn't open. Apparently it closes on Sunday in the summer! Ended up at Zooma and had a great meal.
- Enjoyed our mealMadlyDancingVIPDined on 8/9/2014I found this restaurant using open table and the reviewers comments. I was very pleased with the food and the attentiveness of the staff. I had veal and shrimp picatta, it was excellent. My husband had the seafood platter and said it was OK. the stuffing was more cracker than anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok this timeSpiritosVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have been before and it was excellent. This time we felt rushed (and there weren't people waiting). As we were eating, busboys coming over asking if we are done with our meals- we had forks in hand and were eating and they wanted to take our plates! this happened more than once. My boyfriend's full plate of appetizer was taken from him. The serving plate was empty, she came over and asked if we were all set with this, looking at the serving plate, and I said yes, and she cleared everything. We were never told the specials by our waitress - we overheard them from another waiter. Food was just ok. Veal was overcooked, chicken had a funny flavor. We will probably go back, but it was definitely an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Spiritos is a great restaurant that we tried after reading reviews. We were very satisfied and truly impressed by this restaurant. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite family placelove2eatDined on 7/29/2014Dining at Spiritos s is always wonderful. The food is outstanding and the staff makes sure you are happy. Everyone is in a good mood there and it is not unusual for someone in management to come make sure all is well. Danielle is our waitress and as usual she is a fantastic professional. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meal. My leftovers were great also the next day for lunch .We had a party of5.Thanks again!Special Features:
- The service disappointedSunzupDined on 7/12/2014Our waitress started off very attentive and friendly. The meal was great and our table was cozy and romantic but once our meal was done and the leftovers boxed we waited almost 30 minutes for our waitress to return with the bill AFTER we chased her down. No offer of another round of drinks or dessert and coffee. It turned a nice evening out a little sour.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable.RoseyDined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy the great service and delicious food at Spirito's restaurant. It is a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodwgpg2013Dined on 7/12/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a lot of charm. The food was incredible, the service was top notch! The scallops are a must have, cooked perfectly and seasoned to perfection!Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!PamelaDined on 7/11/2014This was not my first visit, and I keep going back for the delicious food, wine and staff. I always have something different and I am never disappointed! Keep up the good work!!! By the way, they have the best tiramisu!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDDinersDined on 7/9/2014We found out about Spirito by buying a groupon. It was a great find that we will be going back to with our friends. The food was outstanding and the portions were plentiful. Staff couldn't have been nicer!Special Features:
- Good Food....Good ServiceduckDined on 6/27/2014Good Food.....Good Service.......Good Value..........Friendly. Bus people need to relax....or they need to be managed better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Spirito's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always greatJGRIDined on 6/21/2014Have been coming here for years. Food and service is always great.Special Features:
- Elegant atmosphere; delicious food!JeweloramaDined on 6/19/2014Beautiful old mansion with friendly, efficient staff. Many menu options with off-menu discount specials (it's lobster and steamers time!). Parking by the door and function spaces for small and medium-sized groups. Have drinks on the sweeping porch. Open for lunch as well, and great atmosphere for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost in timeCharlieDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant appears as though it has not been updated since 1970s. In quiet section of Federal Hill away from vibrant attwells ave scene. Just gave us an uneasy feeling. Service was fair, and found about the same.
- good italian foodLrombergDined on 5/24/2014very good italian food ..large portions with all dinners coming with soup or salad and side of pasta...well pricedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Made our reservations through open table which was very convenient and easy. The table was ready no waiting. The restaurant is located in a grand Victorian style home. We were seated upstairs. The atmosphere was fabulous. You could imagine the house in its day and those who walked the grand staircase. The food was delicious. We had the Gorgonzola bread, the mozzarella sticks and the Calamari. Our main dishes were the Veggie pizza, pasta, chicken Erica and steak. Would recommend any of these! The service was phenomenal. The waitress was so pleasant and we did not feel rushed, the timing was perfect. Would highly recommend dining here. The experience was superb! Looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, Service and priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014Spirito's has outstanding food and the price is remarkable. My husband and I like their two for dining specials at $39.99 per couple that includes a bottle of wine and desert. The choices on this special menu has something for everyone. You will never be disappointed when eating at this beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try oncelftankDined on 5/16/2014I had been waiting to try this restaurant after many months. Finally a group of six ladies went on a Friday evening. I wasn't sure about this place when I walked in, knowing that it was a former funeral home, the carpet was old, torn and dirty. When we were escorted to the table, the room was beautiful, an old Victorian home with all its original woodwork still in tact. We ordered our meal, which took over 30 minutes to arrive. The food was good but nothing to write home about. The balsamic dressing was very watery and had no flavor at all. The clam chowder didn't have a clam in it. And the spicy shrimp was not very spicy. I am glad I visited but sorry to say, I won't be back again.Special Features:
- okayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014we ate upstairs and it was like a cafeteria setting, none of the ambience that the downstairs has. The bathroom was not neat and clean and the walls need paint upstairs. The food was fair. The steaks were not very tender or flavorful, the salad dressing had no taste
- You should really try this!JeweloramaDined on 5/6/2014Attentive (but not intrusive) wait staff. Beautiful historic building, delicious food. Mid-week dinner special $39.95 dinner for two w/bottle of wine. Park by the door. What more could you ask for on The Hill?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.