Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
5250 Gulf Blvd
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spinnersrooftop.com/
- Phone: 7273601811x39
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
Experience the awe-inspiring panoramic view as the restaurant slowly revolves 360 degrees. Located on the 12th floor of the hotel, Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge is the only Revolving Restaurant on the West Coast of Florida. Every table has a view!! Savor fresh seafood, beautifully prepared hand cut steaks and signature pasta dishes for dinner and specialty sandwiches, fresh seasonal salads and classic burgers for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (143)special occasion (106)romantic (93)good for groups (21)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my son's 16th birthday. We were very happy with everything. The view was completely amazing! The food was delicious, our waiter Brandon was most professional. No complaints, would love to come back again!Special Features:
- Great View - Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014At 6:15 pm we were seated immediately by 6:30 there was a crowd. After they were all seated no empty table remained. Excellent variety of food choices. We had two different beef entrees and two different fish entrees and ALL were very good. Server never hovered but seemed to be there when needed. We never felt rushed even after bill was paid. $$$$ price but very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We spent our Anniversary evening at Spinners. Great views, wonderful food, and terrific service. Very enjoyable evening for the two of us. We have been to Spinners in the past and have enjoyed every visit to this top rate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter PattersonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014When visiting the St. Petersburg/Clearwater we always make time to eat at Spinners. Everything always exceeds our expectations. The sunsets are breath taking. The great thing about a revolving restaurant is that there is no bad seat! This time we brought a few friends. They could not believe that a place like Spinners existed. They said it was one of the best overall dining experiences they have had in a very long time and we have to agree.Special Features:
- It was ok but I wouldn't go backMrsJLGDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The views are amazing and it is definitely a one of a kind atmosphere. Slightly noisy but in a "happening place" kind of way. Our server Tracywas ok and we did not want for anything but she was not particularly enthusiastic. The wine list at this restaurant had a great variety but was hideously overpriced. While most wine lists in restaurants have a considerable mark-up, theirs' was insulting. The food was a mixed experience. It was ok but again nothing stellar. Overall this was a decent experience. I certainly would not recommend that foodies come here, as the best part of the restaurant is the view. We won't go backas once was enough.Special Features:
- Ultimate dining experienceBfan99Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful restaurant, place slowly spins for panoramic view of st. Pete beach. Went their during sunset , it was spectacular, food was fantastic and service was outstanding, will go there again next time in area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron from New YorkMadbeachloversDined on 10/6/2014I'm very happy that we picked Spinners to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary, it was a clear beautiful night, the food was very very good, we finished the leftovers the next day for lunch, the staff was friendly and very accomodating, the atmosphere was perfect, we will be back next time in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpinnersKathieDined on 10/5/2014Go here for a great sunset, or just go to the beach for the same great sunset. Food is just okay , not worth the price but the view is awesome. At our table we had, prime rib, haddock fish dish, grouper Oscar and broiled shrimp. I expected huge shrimp, but received 8 small shrimp. Should have gone to Red Lobster for shrimp at about 1/2 the price. The grouper and the haddock was good but small. Prime rib was fine. We have checked this place off our bucket list. No need to go backSpecial Features:
- Good food and nice viewBillyD1950Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our meal very much and it was beautiful to look over the area. Service was good but a few times my water glass was empty as I do drink lots of it during a meal and breadsticks arrived during meal rather than with appetizer (had to ask for them). Noise level would have been better if one group didn't have some loud people in it. That's not the restaurants fault just some people don't think about others. Cocktails were very good. Pricewise, it isn't cheap but we've paid more and gotten less at higher end restaurants so this was a good deal as far as what you got for what you paid for. Portions were excellent.Special Features:
- IT WAS EXCEPTIONALmemorynightDined on 10/4/2014As a Retired Chef, I know what an exceptional dining experience consists of and this evening was "hitting on all cylinders" Our waiter kept a close eye on our table without hovering. The meal was superbly prepared and was delicious. The portions were more than what was expected, but only in a good way. This restaurant has an excellent chef and staff. Best meal I have had, that I did not prepare. Thank you Spinners for a night to remember.Special Features:
- Good FoodTrinaDined on 10/3/2014Surprisingly good food. Very good for couples.. only negatives it is located in a old hotel and it can get pretty cramped around dinner time. Atmosphere is not as upscale as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What could have been...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014We live in St. Pete and we dine out often. We were about 30 minutes early from our reservation, but we were seated immediately and that was nice. We both agreed the view was spectacular. We ordered drinks and the grouper nugget appetizer. My wife ordered a dirty martini and I a Jameson/rocks. The martini came in a water glass and was clear. No olive juice. We asked the waiter about it and he replaced it with a better drink. No problem. We both ordered rib-eye steaks. One with the crab/hollandaise and one not. Hers med/well and mine medium. The steaks were crossed and we had to switch mid-meal.Special Features:
- Really worth the effortbubbleheadDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is really a great place to celebrate a special occasion but not very good for any type of group communication. Due to the proximity for the two bars and their associated noise levels, it is better suited to couples having intimate conversations. You cannot beat the views and the food and service were above my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you're looking for a good view..neveragain1Dined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has a wonderful view. That being said, the food is not so great. Think bad wedding food made in mass quantities. We actually ended up leaving after our appetizers, because we thought it would be a waste of our money. If you're looking for a good romantic date, go elsewhere. The only thing you'll enjoy at spinners is the view.Special Features:
- A room with a viewtelboy66Dined on 9/29/2014Searching the area around the crown plaza hotel for a restaurant with that special feel we found spinners right on our doorstep.Spinners has fabulous views ofthe intercostal waterway and beach.Watching the sun go down from the comfort of the revolving restaurant and then the superb light show when the strip lit up was a lovely experience.The food at spinners is probably the best in St petes,with a great choice for fish and meat lovers.We started with scallops with mango salsa a superb dish cooked to perfection,followed by prime rib again excellent.To full for desert we sat back and finished our wine enjoying the relaxed feel of the restaurant.the service at spinners is excellent above and beyond the tipical beach restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not For FoodiesbrunchaholicDined on 9/27/2014The draw here was the promising menu and the revolving rooftop view. The view was beautiful but the food was very, very basic with a $$$ price tag. I would call it home cooking at best and that might just be an insult to home cooks everywhere! Wine list was uninspiring as well. Our server was attentive but unfortunately did not have much of a product to sell. Been there, done that and would not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Romantic NightBigDmanDined on 9/27/2014I took my fiancé out for a romantic evening and she loved it!!! Great wine great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKatposkittDined on 9/27/2014Amazing view, service and food. I was a server for 28 years and it's great to see someone who knows what they are doing for the customer, I and my family was very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceTampaBayDined on 9/24/2014Our server, greeter, and staff were extremely courteous, helpful, and welcoming.Special Features:
- Great for ViewNancyBDined on 9/22/2014Prompt and attentive service on a Monday evening. The view is wonderful even though we didn't get a sunset due to overcast skies. There are plaques giving the direction you face as the table area spins with distances to cities which were fun. The food was excellent. I had a salmon dish that was perfectly prepared. The Tuna Tartare appetizer is spectacular. The roof you pass below the windows is quite ugly, but then again, who's looking at the roof.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceLakelanderDined on 9/21/2014Waitress stole table from server who was waiting on us. Service started out ok, but went downhill very fast. Cant believe I tipped 18%Special Features:
- Great30thanniversaryDined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful time, reservations were perfect. They called morning of reservation to confirm. (made reservation weeks in advance)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best views on St Pete BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014All good. However, because the kitchen is twelve floors below the revolving dining room and there's only one SLOW elevator, you will wait for your food. But, with the constantly changing beach scented, gorgeous sunsets and distant city views, you really don't notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014First time here since it was renovated from a lounge to a restaurant. Loved everything about it. We will definitely come back again. We live in Tampa but it was worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdiningDined on 9/18/2014This was a wonderful dining experience I will go back there again . I have dined all over the USA and this was the best all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 360 degree viewsbmf224Dined on 9/17/2014Not only were the views beautiful and the sunset spectacular, but the food was excellent as well. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 9/17/2014Went for Dad's birthday, mostly because of the view. The food was tasty, but not anything you can't get at any restaurant on the beach, and the mixed drinks were not very good. We went for lunch because I could not get dinner reservations for 8 weeks! They were not busy at all for lunch (230-3pm) but still did not feel like service was very attentive. I don't know if I would go back, but it is nice to experience once. It seemed pricey for very basic food, you really pay for the view, and the directional cards that tell you how far away other places are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "all around"OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic view, great service and food, very comfortable, just lovely for a romantic dinner. Got reservations just a few days before our Monday night dinner for 7 pm since sunset was around 7:30. Not a very large dining room so most tables are right at the windows, giving everyone incredible views for miles. The ugly roof that reviewers are referring to is not the dining room ceiling; it is the rooftop of the hotel that you sometimes see out the windows, and our waiter assured us that this will be repaired soon. Once it is dark all you see are the lights of the beachfront and off into the distance on the mainland. Perhaps slightly pricier than other places for the food but the view is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic charm great food drinksJohnK55Dined on 9/14/2014We are from Wisconsin and my sister who lives in the area, recommended Spinners. Unique where the dining room revolves so everyone has a view of the Gulf. Fabulous in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week-end with GirlsSwizzleDined on 9/14/2014Love the spin. Food and service were excellent. Have been many times and will continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!SunsetDined on 9/13/2014We stayed at the hotel and had dinner at Spinners. It was a great night. The food was delicious and the ambiance is outstanding!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysBettyboop1Dined on 9/13/2014The filets are some of the best that I have had in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsToj6Dined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant.It was our Wedding Anniversary and we wanted somewhere special. The views of the sunset were absolutely breath taking. The service was excellent and the food was great and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The view was amazing, the waiter was good to us, BUT we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for our food, by that time the Bread was hard on one of the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go-to placeInSearchOfDined on 9/13/2014Having lived in St Petersburg only a few years, I have had a hard time finding a beach restaurant for a nice lunch with family or friends. We had a great lunch, good food and beautiful scenery. The prices were about the same as any of the others along the beach, but the food was much better. Although it was Sunday, the place was mostly empty. I almost didn't want to write this review so I could keep the place all to myself!!! I can't wait to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vale pela vistalffm13Dined on 9/7/2014Restaurante fica na cobertura de hotel como uma vista maravilhosa de toda a praia. Ele vai girando lentamente assim voce tem a oportunidade de apreciar de todos os ângulos. Sempre bom fazer a reserva pois é bem concorrido. Vale a pena visitar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationlovers2Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our 25th Anniversary. good view, window seat. Our food was not very tasty. My prime rib was tough and had no taste. My husbands seafood was just ok, nothing special.Everything else was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceMaizey1Dined on 9/5/2014My fiancé and I went to spinners for our anniversary and we both had a great time! The service was wonderful, the view was amazing and the food was the best we've had in a while! We just moved to Florida in April and the was by far the best dining experience we've had since moving to Florida if ever! I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014We are locals but we had family in town and wanted to do something different. We came here for dinner and the sunset views were amazing. Because it is glass and revolving, every seat has a perfect view for the meal. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meals as well. The appetizers were great! We order steaks, chicken and pasta dishes too that were all tasty. We had some special requests for the entrees (regarding the preparation) and everything came out to our specifications. We have other out of town guests coming to visit soon and plan to take them here as well since the experience was so unique and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuenisimoDivinoDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my sisters birthday and we loved everything about it. The view,food and service was excellent! Will definitely recommend my friends and family. First time there and will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.