Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
5250 Gulf Blvd
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spinnersrooftop.com/
- Phone: (727) 360-1811 ext. 39
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
Experience the awe-inspiring panoramic view as the restaurant slowly revolves 360 degrees. Located on the 12th floor of the hotel, Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge is the only Revolving Restaurant on the West Coast of Florida. Every table has a view!! Savor fresh seafood, beautifully prepared hand cut steaks and signature pasta dishes for dinner and specialty sandwiches, fresh seasonal salads and classic burgers for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (131)special occasion (105)romantic (86)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (18)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Spinners Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014overall our dining experience was good. Our waiter was attentive and the view is spectacular. my major complaint is the difficulty getting to the hostess stand. The tables are so close it is difficult to get through them without disturbing the diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I took my girlfriend of 5 years out to the beach before dinner to purpose to her, after we went to the restaurant where they had a bottle of wine waiting on the table for her. The place was very romantic and all staff very kind. I will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereDaveDined on 11/17/2014Claudia was our wonderful server and made the evening for us. She was helpful, sharp, intelligent, friendly and witty. Food portions were perfect and tasty. It takes around 60 minutes for the restaurant to rotate 360 degrees, with gorgeous views of the gulf, Boca Ciega Bay, and St. Pete Beach. We experienced a great evening. Claudia was amazing and made us feel comfortable, appreciated, and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014The view was amazing at sunset. The service was excellent, well-timed, and very pleasant. I would definitely recommend the the Chicken Parmesan hands down but be prepared to take some home of it home as the portions are large. And the desserts.........oh the desserts......I had 2. Overall this place was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickandCaitieDined on 11/16/2014absolutely gorgeous view. original. food is great. great cocktails. great service. looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9th Anniversary DinnerRosebudDined on 11/15/2014We are locals and love to have dinner for special occasions at the Spinners Rooftop Lounge. The views are so spectacular and atmosphere is very lovely. The food selections fit a variety of tastes and the portions are so generous. Joseph was our waiter and took very good care of us and offered to take our photo for remembrance. Highly recommend. Only drawback is when it is busy, the noise factor is very distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!GreatDined on 11/13/2014We invited relatives to Spinners Bistro for lunch and had a wonderful time and a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealHappyholsDined on 11/11/2014We enjoyed our meal. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly, we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, delicious, beautiful ViewCZWorkoutDined on 11/8/2014We were on vacation and several local workers told us to try Spinners, especially during sunset because it has the best view of the area. WOW! Not only was the view wonderful, but the food was outstanding. We were able to find a variety of food for my vegetarian friend and some wonderful seafood for me. Plus, the wine list is well rounded and we each enjoyed a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!MicheleDined on 11/7/2014This was my birthday treat, it was our 2nd time at Spinner's. The food was excellent, cooked to order, the service was great, wait staff was attentive, even the food servers are excellent. Hostesses were very nice also. I always talk about our experience and recommend the restaurant to all my friends. Never disappointedSpecial Features:
- FOOD WAS GREATLUV2TRVLDined on 11/6/2014THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL. THE PORTION AND VALUE WERE SPOT ON! THANKS FOR A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- TorontonianDined on 11/6/2014Excellent view. Food choices were great. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Vacation TreatRedskinsManDined on 11/5/2014Enjoyable time! Fist time to restaurant, would recommend to everyone! Scenic view stole the show!! Would come again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view with exceptional foodMelMelDined on 11/4/2014If you are looking for a beautiful sunset & great food, I would recommend this place. The Bruschetta was very good. I also had the coconut crusted mahi mahi w/chutney that made it very flavorful. I only wished it was baked instead of fried. I booked reservations in advance to celebrate my Mother's birthday. She is 82 yrs old & wanted to see a sunset for her birthday. The table we sat at in rotation was on the opposite side of the room when the sun went down. I was able to get her up from the table to see it just as the sun disappeared in the ocean. I wished I had thought more of the placement of tables/time element before we sat down. The candlelight made the atmosphere personal & quaint. The service wasn't so great but everything else was.Special Features:
- Loved it!WernerDined on 11/4/2014We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and decided to have dinner at Spinners. We had not been there in many years and found it to be more elegant than our last visit. White linen table cloths and a sunset view that could not be matched. Service and food were excellent and as locals to this area, we will be going back much more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasioncavemannDined on 11/1/2014Celebrated 2 anniversaries there this weekend. No one else had eaten there before and were entranced by the views. The food was very good, the service was excellent and everyone had a great time. I've lived here 27 years and never heard of this place until recently. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Sunset Diningsl804Dined on 11/1/2014Nice place to dine while watching the sunset. Restaurant had great service food was very good would have said outstanding but was a little salty. It was loud so if you are looking for a quiet romantic place look for another place. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not trying very hardVernDined on 10/30/2014Made reservations online and completed the comment section with "Celebrating 48th Wedding Anniversary." No mention was made or action taken regarding this celebration. Twenty-eight dollar coconut fish dish was fried to tastelessness. No attempt to remedy situation was made. Would not return. I left comment card with restaurant but don't expect any response. They have the view thing going and don't try that hard to do the food or service thing.Special Features:
- Great SpotsmfloridaDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful view of the Gulf. Food was excellent and so was the Service.Special Features:
- Great ViewKLeighBStoneDined on 10/27/2014The view is fabulous. The service was great ! The food was very good. Other than the temperature of the restaurant being too cold it was a lovely experience. My brother and his wife were visiting from Connecticut and I wanted to take them someplace special. They loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place to DineDHuntDined on 10/26/2014I took my fiancé to Spinners for an Anniversary dinner. I have lived in the area for years, yet this was my first time eating here. All I can say is the pictures on the website do not give the view justice! we got there just before the sunset and It was a perfect view! The service was friendly and prompt. The food was delicious! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. I feel a proper review must include one negative so the only thing I can think of, would be the time it took to get a refill on my alcoholic drink. My water was refilled often and without requesting. The bar was a little behind due to a Saturday night so even that was acceptable! I will be adding Spinners into my small list of must return dinner spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooddatenightsDined on 10/24/2014The food was amazing. We had heard at one time the food wasnt very good but we found that has long since past. We enjoyed the dinner very much. The only down side to this romantic evening out was the two screaming children (infants) near us. I felt for 150.00 dinner the kids screaming was a bit much. I blame their parents for bringing them. It is a fancier place than most and not a place for infants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!RoxanneDined on 10/20/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my son's 16th birthday. We were very happy with everything. The view was completely amazing! The food was delicious, our waiter Brandon was most professional. No complaints, would love to come back again!Special Features:
- Great View - Great FoodFOOD4KINGDined on 10/20/2014At 6:15 pm we were seated immediately by 6:30 there was a crowd. After they were all seated no empty table remained. Excellent variety of food choices. We had two different beef entrees and two different fish entrees and ALL were very good. Server never hovered but seemed to be there when needed. We never felt rushed even after bill was paid. $$$$ price but very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinningSpinnersPatronDined on 10/19/2014We spent our Anniversary evening at Spinners. Great views, wonderful food, and terrific service. Very enjoyable evening for the two of us. We have been to Spinners in the past and have enjoyed every visit to this top rate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter PattersonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014When visiting the St. Petersburg/Clearwater we always make time to eat at Spinners. Everything always exceeds our expectations. The sunsets are breath taking. The great thing about a revolving restaurant is that there is no bad seat! This time we brought a few friends. They could not believe that a place like Spinners existed. They said it was one of the best overall dining experiences they have had in a very long time and we have to agree.Special Features:
- It was ok but I wouldn't go backMrsJLGDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The views are amazing and it is definitely a one of a kind atmosphere. Slightly noisy but in a "happening place" kind of way. Our server Tracywas ok and we did not want for anything but she was not particularly enthusiastic. The wine list at this restaurant had a great variety but was hideously overpriced. While most wine lists in restaurants have a considerable mark-up, theirs' was insulting. The food was a mixed experience. It was ok but again nothing stellar. Overall this was a decent experience. I certainly would not recommend that foodies come here, as the best part of the restaurant is the view. We won't go backas once was enough.Special Features:
- Ultimate dining experienceBfan99Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful restaurant, place slowly spins for panoramic view of st. Pete beach. Went their during sunset , it was spectacular, food was fantastic and service was outstanding, will go there again next time in area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron from New YorkMadbeachloversDined on 10/6/2014I'm very happy that we picked Spinners to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary, it was a clear beautiful night, the food was very very good, we finished the leftovers the next day for lunch, the staff was friendly and very accomodating, the atmosphere was perfect, we will be back next time in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpinnersKathieDined on 10/5/2014Go here for a great sunset, or just go to the beach for the same great sunset. Food is just okay , not worth the price but the view is awesome. At our table we had, prime rib, haddock fish dish, grouper Oscar and broiled shrimp. I expected huge shrimp, but received 8 small shrimp. Should have gone to Red Lobster for shrimp at about 1/2 the price. The grouper and the haddock was good but small. Prime rib was fine. We have checked this place off our bucket list. No need to go backSpecial Features:
- Good food and nice viewBillyD1950Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our meal very much and it was beautiful to look over the area. Service was good but a few times my water glass was empty as I do drink lots of it during a meal and breadsticks arrived during meal rather than with appetizer (had to ask for them). Noise level would have been better if one group didn't have some loud people in it. That's not the restaurants fault just some people don't think about others. Cocktails were very good. Pricewise, it isn't cheap but we've paid more and gotten less at higher end restaurants so this was a good deal as far as what you got for what you paid for. Portions were excellent.Special Features:
- IT WAS EXCEPTIONALmemorynightDined on 10/4/2014As a Retired Chef, I know what an exceptional dining experience consists of and this evening was "hitting on all cylinders" Our waiter kept a close eye on our table without hovering. The meal was superbly prepared and was delicious. The portions were more than what was expected, but only in a good way. This restaurant has an excellent chef and staff. Best meal I have had, that I did not prepare. Thank you Spinners for a night to remember.Special Features:
- Good FoodTrinaDined on 10/3/2014Surprisingly good food. Very good for couples.. only negatives it is located in a old hotel and it can get pretty cramped around dinner time. Atmosphere is not as upscale as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What could have been...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014We live in St. Pete and we dine out often. We were about 30 minutes early from our reservation, but we were seated immediately and that was nice. We both agreed the view was spectacular. We ordered drinks and the grouper nugget appetizer. My wife ordered a dirty martini and I a Jameson/rocks. The martini came in a water glass and was clear. No olive juice. We asked the waiter about it and he replaced it with a better drink. No problem. We both ordered rib-eye steaks. One with the crab/hollandaise and one not. Hers med/well and mine medium. The steaks were crossed and we had to switch mid-meal.Special Features:
- Really worth the effortbubbleheadDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is really a great place to celebrate a special occasion but not very good for any type of group communication. Due to the proximity for the two bars and their associated noise levels, it is better suited to couples having intimate conversations. You cannot beat the views and the food and service were above my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you're looking for a good view..neveragain1Dined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has a wonderful view. That being said, the food is not so great. Think bad wedding food made in mass quantities. We actually ended up leaving after our appetizers, because we thought it would be a waste of our money. If you're looking for a good romantic date, go elsewhere. The only thing you'll enjoy at spinners is the view.Special Features:
- A room with a viewtelboy66Dined on 9/29/2014Searching the area around the crown plaza hotel for a restaurant with that special feel we found spinners right on our doorstep.Spinners has fabulous views ofthe intercostal waterway and beach.Watching the sun go down from the comfort of the revolving restaurant and then the superb light show when the strip lit up was a lovely experience.The food at spinners is probably the best in St petes,with a great choice for fish and meat lovers.We started with scallops with mango salsa a superb dish cooked to perfection,followed by prime rib again excellent.To full for desert we sat back and finished our wine enjoying the relaxed feel of the restaurant.the service at spinners is excellent above and beyond the tipical beach restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not For FoodiesbrunchaholicDined on 9/27/2014The draw here was the promising menu and the revolving rooftop view. The view was beautiful but the food was very, very basic with a $$$ price tag. I would call it home cooking at best and that might just be an insult to home cooks everywhere! Wine list was uninspiring as well. Our server was attentive but unfortunately did not have much of a product to sell. Been there, done that and would not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Romantic NightBigDmanDined on 9/27/2014I took my fiancé out for a romantic evening and she loved it!!! Great wine great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKatposkittDined on 9/27/2014Amazing view, service and food. I was a server for 28 years and it's great to see someone who knows what they are doing for the customer, I and my family was very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.