35 E Main St
Los Gatos, AL 95030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spinelloslg.com/
- Phone: 4084025965
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Spinello's
Spinello’s Italian East Coast Eatery was developed by Michael Spinello. Michael is from New Jersey and has spent the last 15 years in California. The one thing Michael noticed over the years is the lack of East Coast style Italian food. After opening and running Opa for its first 3 years Michael set out to bring his family recipes to the Los Gatos clientele he has grown to know. All of the dishes at Spinello’s are from family recipes handed down over the years from his Italian relatives. Many of the dishes were served to Michael during his childhood in New Jersey. Being closely located to New York gave Michael the opportunity to explore the many different wonderful Italian cuisines served in Manhattan. Now Michael brings all of his incredible recipes to the local Los Gatos residents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Spinello's - Best Restaurants in Los Gatos ›
Spinello's reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014I have seen a friend of mine posting about Spinello's and I was very interested to try it out. It did not let us down, very good food and great service. Thanks Mike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food was awesome. Happy hour pricing was great. Chicken Parmesan...prawn cocktail..need I say more!Special Features:
- That's amore .... <3spcydishVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is the kind of restaurant that makes me love living in Los Gatos! Spinello's is darling - and the food is delicious. The biggest issue is what you are going to have? The delicious meatball sandwich for lunch? The amazing Rigatoni options (both the Sunday gravy and Mikey's special) are fabulous! The owner and the waitstaff are super friendly ... and they have beer/wine on tap as well as in bottles. Try it - you'll love it!Special Features:
- Nice piece of ItalyLovetoeatVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is a newer restaurant in Los Gatos. Very tasty and well presented dishes. Great lunch selections. I had the meatball sandwich and it was so delicious. The décor is very appealing and comfortable. The salads were very nice and you don't leave hungry. The service was outstanding and welcoming. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Mama's family recipesJudyDined on 9/7/2014We always enjoy this place. On Sundays there are many families and smaller birthday parties. I love the chopped salad that has everything in it. My husband likes the eggplant parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the outdoor tables!JrcinmsVIPDined on 9/7/2014Just discovered Spinello's this summer and happily have been able to sit outside both times. There are just two tables out front, so when I make a reservation, I request one. Inside seems crowded and loud, so not sure we will try that come winter. The food is like being transported to Italy and it is perfect. Plus, they have tasty wine not only by the bottle, but by the liter and half liter at a good price!Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Food is so good- just like my Italian grandmother from NJ made it!!! Servers are so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCAP23VIPDined on 9/5/2014Third time at Spinello's and each time has been spot on. Food is fantastic. Ambience is great. Must have desserts like the tiramisu and the cream puffs. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going BackRowexDined on 8/27/2014Multiple problems on this visit to Spinello's. First, we reserved a table for 8. They set the table for 6. We ordered appetizers: the mushrooms were very salty and the broccoli rabe was heavily salted, dry and hard. The entrees were fairly successful. I had the trout en papillote: moist and tasty. The grilled asparagus was woody and hard. On to dessert. I had a cannoli, another person ordered Italian cheesecake. It took forever; the cheesecake was tasty but thint, the cannoli cream was heavily flavored with orange and had no sugar, yuck. Service was awful: we had to ask to have water carafes refilled, dishes were left on the table until we ASKED the server to remove them. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't worth what we paid, either.
- Northern Italian in Los GatosGadgetrexVIPDined on 8/21/2014I really enjoy Spinello's take on classic northern Italian food, including terrific eggplant parmesan (finally, someone knows to remove the bitter tasting skin from the eggplant!) I'm not sure that there is anything I would complain about, except perhaps that I wish there was a bit more space at the tables, etc.Special Features:
- Loved the food...lovethe808Dined on 8/20/2014Food was amazing. Little bit of a wait for our food (lunch - 45 min wait) after ordering. Worth the wait. Little crowded, but will go back!
- CaroleDined on 8/15/2014I found the food good, but only one bathroom for both sexes to share. Had to wait for 4 people while my food was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to eatTomGDined on 8/15/2014The italian soup, chopped salad and chicken marsala were the best. We didn't care for the spaghetti or the chicken parmesan dishes. The place is very small. Waitress was very accommodating.Special Features:
- A Taste of HomeMrNiceGuyDined on 8/9/2014Spinello's bills itself as an east coast eatery. We're from New England and were not disappointed. My Italian wife had the rigatoni with gravy (true east coast Italians call it gravy, not sauce) and she raved that it was just like home. I had the salmon and it was good, but nothing to write home about. Then again, Spinello's does not consider itself a seafood restaurant. The ambience was loud as everything is brick and wood. The piped-in music, when it could be heard, was from the 60's, which was perfect for us boomers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, cozy & delicious foodsharksfanDined on 8/2/2014Casual, country Italian atmosphere with personality, attentive service & stand-out authentic food and great beer/wine selection. My kids loved the Italian soda! All the food was amazing. We had as appetizers stuffed mushrooms and honey glazed sausage. My veal Marsala was delicious. Their veal is cut thicker than I've had anywhere else. Awesome chicken parmesan. Everyone's perfect al dente pasta & sauce was great, and I really enjoyed the roasted asparagus! Thanks for a memorable family birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food no where to park.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Very pleasant waitress. Their menu is different. They had things I don't always see. Portions and price reasonable.Special Features:
- schalgalfinedinerDined on 7/21/2014excellent food - had the meatball appetizer. sunday sauce rigatoni was truly authentic and delicious. chicken parm was an enormous portion and tasty as well. no room for dessert but will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Nice place for an intimate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We've eaten at Spinello's three times now - once for lunch and twice for dinner. This last time was a spur-of-the-moment look up on OpenTable. We sat at one of the two-tops just outside the door. The LG early evening atmosphere was fun and the staff very welcoming. The food was delicious. We split eggplant parmesan which was light and flavorful. Creme puffs for dessert were a treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spinello's is a must...tnshartVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our first time at Spinello's but certainly won't be our last. My kids love pasta and figured we had to try it. We were not disappointed at all. The lasagna is a must but all of the food we had was great! The service was excellent as well so this is a must in Los Gatos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time2NightsVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our first time and my wife and I totally enjoyed it. The food was solid, everything was tasty, and the service was great. Loved the sausages with honey appetizer. Our server, Sarah, was great (she even helped my wife with Pinterest)!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great East Coast Italian CuisineLGFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014We found this place randomly and decided to try it. Quaint but well decorated, Spinello's offered a great selection of Italian favorites prepared with an east coast flair. Broccoli Rabe and Veal Parm we're delicious. Pistachio gelato and cream puffs were also great, so leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Spinello's reviews archive.