1200 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://spindletophouston.com/
- Phone: 7133754775x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Frank Majowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
- Special Events: For parties of 5-8 people, please call 713.375.4741 and we will be happy to assist you.
A word from Spindletop
Spindletop, Houston's first and best-known revolving restaurant, has been a favorite seafood restaurant since its opening in 1972. Our glass-walled restaurant makes one revolution every 45 minutes, ensuring you'll enjoy 360-degree views of the city and all of its famous landmarks. Multiple levels ensure that everyone has a perfect view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spindletop - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Spindletop reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (128)special occasion (121)romantic (114)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (19)late-night find (17)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Cool view but food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Appetizers where tiny & overpriced. Three shrimp for $14?? And the "signature avocado dome"- tiny dome, crab tasted like it was out of a can, avocado was light green like it was spread thin using sour cream or something. Plus the whole place smelled like fish. And our waiter seemed like he should have been the dishwasher in the back not the waiter of an expensive restaurant. We left after our appetizers & drinks & ate burgers from the hotel Lobbibar. Cool atmosphere though & we did get nice gentlemen Hector & another server (not our awful waiter) to take our picture.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDoctorGDined on 8/26/2014First visit to Spindletop, was very impressed. Quite a climb to the top of the Hyatt, we took the inward-facing elevators that provide a spectacular view of the inner hotel as you ride to the top. The view from the restaurant is really beautiful, especially at sunset. The service was excellent, the fresh fruit-based julip and the 8 oz filez was superb. The Signature Avocado Dome, although nicely presented and nice mix of textures, was less delicious than just fun to look at. We'll be back!Special Features:
- went2dineDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the view. Good drinks; good wine; good food. Service was outstanding!!! OK…not enuff space below so private note to Spindletop here: Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. We celebrated friend's 89th birthday. Mentioned this when arrived and was overwhelmed with how special our friend was treated. Our waitress was Lois and she was amazing, even created a beautiful personalized card with the numbers 89 in gold rhinestones for Peggy. The chef came out twice to visit and last time brought a chef hat for Peggy. We were all so surprised and pleased with the care and consideration your staff gave our friend! Thank you so much for making a special evening even more Special! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Romantic and great view2lovedbirdDined on 8/22/2014Made the reservation a month before. An I made a request on the date of that dinner and they made it excellent sevices. Thank you everyone for making it happened on a very short notes. Again thank you for the excellent sevices and great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsJerseyguyDined on 8/21/2014Manager Hector Garibay took a special interest in my evening out with my eight year-old daughter. He came to the table, introduced himself to her, complimented her, and gave her a gift bag with presents. Her smile at that moment is something I will always remember. Mr. Garibay is a tremendous asset for you. You can not pay for that kind of dedication. I will recommend Houston Spindletop as often as I can to as many people as I can. Thanks so much for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJavierDined on 8/19/2014The view is really good and the service is great. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary here. The view was amazing!!! I would definitely recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DcapDined on 8/15/2014Went for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was very solid, but not spectacular. Nothing to complain about mind you, just nothing to write home about either.Special Features:
- Friendly waitressDarlieDined on 8/14/2014I do not mind going back there again in the future. It was very nice view and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTgonzo741562Dined on 8/12/2014It was a great place to eat. Very romantic and sets the mood.was perfect place to go. Great job!!! Would go back without a doubtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Year Anniversary!Z0650Dined on 8/12/2014Best restaurant in Houston!! I don't think I can top anything next year. The moment we walked in til we walked out our experience was breathtaking. The view was unbelievably mind-blowing. Astonishing service, environment, aroma. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeBigJonDined on 8/8/2014Was a very fun date. Awesome staff and outstanding food. I dont know much about fine dining so im sure i misused some plates and utensils. Overall 5/5 for us both.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!LBowenVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food - amazing staff!!! Couldn't ask for anything better. Thanks Hector for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We chose Spindletop to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! It was great! It's such a romantic atmosphere with cool views of downtown. The service was good. The waiter was very accommodating when we asked him to take our picture with the camera we brought; he took several shots of us as this was a special occasion. It was a bit disconcerting, however, when it became apparent that the waiter was trying to 'sell' us on purchasing more items. It is too bad that tips are based on overall cost of the meal; however, a waiter should be more considerate and not 'pushy'. I had reserved with comment that it was our 25th wed anniv and yet with all the empty tables, they sat us right next to a table of 4, and they were loud.Special Features:
- Great view and great service !!!Kindheart14Dined on 8/2/2014Mario, our server is one if a kind. He knows what he's doing and my sister's birthday has been special ... Memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was mine and my husbands first time dining here and had a great experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spindle TopFoodcitybigtimeDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant was a lot of fun. Free valet, great view, delicious food, hilarious birthday card, and awesome rotating floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!'nAnabel0312Dined on 7/30/2014A great place to celebrate an especial occasion. No kids please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentSeanc87Dined on 7/29/2014Spindletop has an amazing view, wonderful service and great food. We dined their for our 8th anniversary. Lois was our server and she went above and beyond taking care of all our needs. This is one of the few quiet dining experiences in Houston. It was so nice to be able to speak in normal voices to each other and be able to hear everything the other person was saying. We truly enjoyed the experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paying for the viewdprosDined on 7/22/2014For the amount of money that my dinner for 3 cost, I could've had a better meal at hundreds of other places, on ground level. The lobster ravioli special was a bit of a joke. 4 ravioli? And extremely salty to boot. Now I can say I've been there but I doubt I'll ever be back. Lois, our waitress, however was amazing. Very friendly but not fake like a lot of people in fine dining appear to be.
- WaiterSnoopyDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter was amazing he made our visit even moreemorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food(not great) but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service at this restaurant is great and professional. The ambience was outstanding and the food was good. The food was good, but expensive. The presentation of the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction guaranteedDecentdinningDined on 7/18/2014Great calamari and paella that serves enough for 2, service was excellent, atmosphere is very romantic, the view is incredible especially when the sun is setting. Perfect date night or any special occasion.Special Features:
- A terrific dining experience.Helidaddy407Dined on 7/18/2014First, the building. It rotates very slowly 35 stories up giving a splendid view that changes every time you look out the window. It's slow enough that you're not really aware of any motion and does not distract you from your company. Very well thought out. The food. I am no special fan of Cajon food or gourmet. However, Spindletop puts the two together very nicely. Fresh, flavorful and creative. The service. Perfect. Simply perfect. We never felt pestered or out of place. No personal chit chat from the staff. You'd hardly know they where there, until they mysteriously sensed that we needed something. The staff was Quiet, subtle and very attentive. Less is more when it comes to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentedysonrojasDined on 7/16/2014excellent food, view and service. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014This revolving restaurant atop the Hyatt Hotel not only serves great food but also a great view of the city. The restaurant is quiet, romantic with timely and unobtrusive service. You need a reservation. We saw many diners turned away without reservations. Would return.Special Features:
- Great for my AnniversaryLeotheliomDined on 7/12/2014they went above and beyond to make me happy-- special cake -- great drinks -- terrific food -- beautiful view, the best in the city -- GO HERESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Apart from the view, everything else about this restaurant is very ordinary. Wasted potential.Special Features:
- dining experiencejohna1234Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent service and very good food. Great restaurant for celebrating a special occassion. Also, the revolving restaurant makes for an ambient experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerMrJetsonDined on 7/11/2014I proposed to my girlfriend on 7-11-14, The restaurant was amazing, romantic, quiet and of course an awesome view. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Striped Bass SelectionRestaurantCritcDined on 7/11/2014Too me the rice was yellow and had no flavor the vegetables which was asparagus was very hard. the striped bass was dry, did not like this it was $33 and was not worth it I think the Chef need more trainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Took my girlfriend there for her birthday....we loved it. Great scene and atmosphere...definitely romantic with an awesome view of the city. The food was great and great service. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerCarmenDined on 7/5/2014This was our first (and probably last) visit to the Spindletop. We chose this Houston landmark restaurant as it was our 24th wedding anniversary & we wanted something romantic and different. The prices were expected as they're online however, some of the website entrees were no longer offered. The food was good (TX Striped Bass & Scallops) although the soup was bland & our server seemed a little out of place for this type of restaurant. He didn't know much about the wines & we were not familiar with most of the brands. I wish we just ordered a glass instead of the bottle, pricey lesson learned. Our server was overly attentive & interrupted us too often which was annoying. Overall, a good one-time visit for the view & novelty.Special Features:
- Angela M.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Placed a reservation about a week in advance. (Recommend) was seated on time. The restaurant spins slowly during your meal so that you see all of Houston. My grandmother is in a wheelchair but we were able to be seated with a great view. She ordered the steak and I got the Paella both were delicious. We each had the key lime cheesecake and the was delicious too. Thank you for a special evening. We both had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmartaDined on 7/5/2014All in all, it was good. We were a bit disappointed with main course, as stripe bass was dried out and rack lamb and filet were well done instead of midium rare ordered. But Molasses and signature desserts saved the situation and made a good impression. We liked the idea to serve fresh bread with sauteed vegetables.Special Features:
- dinnerdinnerDined on 7/4/2014had a great time, view was wonderful, service was great, foot excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, great foodshadow2451Dined on 7/4/2014I made a reservation at Spindletop because it was convenient and we hoped to see the City of Houston fireworks. The food was excellent, far better than I expected, and the service was top-notch.Special Features:
- Awsome ViewHoustonDaveDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary there! The view was amazing! Very romantic! so happen, the music playing that night was also one of our favorites. The service was good. The food selection and taste was not as exquisite though! Oh well, they say: "you can't have everything!" How true!!!Special Features:
- romantic eveningromanticDined on 7/3/2014Celebrating girlfriends birthday. I did not mention that at dinner, so don't know if restaurant honors that. Valet parking was easy, just pull in the entrance off Polk,, told the valet we are going to Spindletop. Said we did not need a ticket,, he would park my car right there on the drive. Took a while to get the elevator to the restaurant. Very slow. Greeted by hostess and were seated in less than 2 minutes. Very nice view... pleasant atmosphere. Very nice , low lighting and quiet. Waiter came immediately , took drink order and left menu. Drinks arrived in short time. Once we ordered main course , was delivered in reasonable time. Menu is limited but the food was great. Both taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerjennifourDined on 7/3/2014went here for my 50th birthday!! it was everything I expected!! Great!!Special Features: