1200 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://spindletophouston.com/
- Phone: 7133754775x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Frank Majowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: If you would like to order flowers to be placed at your table.
Please contact these two recommendations for florists: http://www.breensflorist.com and http://www.flowers-n-more.net .When placing your order, please make a notation to the florist that the delivery will be going to Spindletop. Also, a courtesy call to inform us of delivery is appreciated.
- Special Events: For parties of 5-8 people, please call 713.375.4741 and we will be happy to assist you.
A word from Spindletop
Spindletop, Houston's first and best-known revolving restaurant, has been a favorite seafood restaurant since its opening in 1972. Our glass-walled restaurant makes one revolution every 45 minutes, ensuring you'll enjoy 360-degree views of the city and all of its famous landmarks. Multiple levels ensure that everyone has a perfect view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Spindletop - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Spindletop reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)special occasion (127)romantic (119)notable wine list (28)late-night find (20)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (13)good for groups (10)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- ArcelaDined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent experience at Spindletop! My husband and I went here to celebrate his birthday. It was our first time here. We loved this restaurant. The food and service is great! I defenitely will recommend this restaurant to all my friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Went to celebrate my VSOP birthday and he loved it! The service was great. Our waiter was kind and friendly, I told him that it was my VSOP birthday and he brought back the dessert he ordered with a candle and happy birthday chocolate,, Very Kind! The Restaurant and restrooms were very clean. Nice sky view and of course great food! I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- spindletop reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Overall i would recomend the restaurante. Loved the atmosphere, great service, and a great view. I had the 8 oz filet mignon for the main course. There is not any way to get that steak any better. It was a perfect 10. The appitizer and salad was not much. Dessert was fair.Special Features:
- Ready for a super romantic dateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Free valet parking, beautiful Hyatt hotel lobby with a huge center bar to have some drinks before dinner. Dedicated glass elevator up 22 stories to the top. Nice view! The restaurant moves around to see all of Houston. The food is outstanding and they have something for everyone even if you don't like seafood. The waiter had time to explain each menu item and was very friendly with us. I felt like royalty and next time I'll dress with a jacket and tie to add to the experience. I'll come back again to taste all of the menu items.Special Features:
- scenic view1bambamDined on 9/13/2014As a houston native, this was our first visit to spindle top and it was amazing. Excellent staff, food and views, I would recommend this to anyone that hasn't experienced it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Romantic Birthday DinnerscorsceDined on 9/11/2014It was our first visit to Spindletop, and this is the first time that I'm writing a review--ever. Our wonderful experience prompted me to write a review for Spindletop. It was my wife's bday, her first since we got married, and I wanted it to be somewhere that had excellent food, excellent ambience, excellent service, and some place that was not too noisy. We decided to try Spindletop on my sister's recommendation, and it ticked ALL the boxes. The little touches that they added were the icing on the cake: e.g. napkins folded into hearts, they lit a candle on my wife's dessert, and they gave a birthday card signed by management to my wife as we walked out. There was of course the novelty of a revolving restaurant and amazing views as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate-aloneHistoryBuffsDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner there and were quite impressed with the scenic views of the city of Houston. We especially enjoyed the little "remembrance" card given to us to remember our our anniversary celebration. The service was wonderful and our waiter did so unobtrusively. We enjoyed the dinner we shared for our anniversary. We Shall Return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!WilliamVIPDined on 9/9/2014I took my wife here for her birthday Tuesday night and it was excellent. The service was just great. Lauren our server did an excellent job all night and was kind and very sweet. I enjoyed the salmon with quinoa and it was good. The sauce made it all come together. However my wife had the sea scallops and it was one of the top 5 meals I've ever eaten, and I only had the one bite she allowed me to taste. She actually brought the rest home just so she could have some left over to eat again. It was that good. The views, service, and food were all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014Wife and I went for our 2 year anniversary and we should've known going to a hotel restaurant. Food was subpar but our service actually wasn't bad. I forget our waitress' name, but I believe she deserves some props. Anyway, if you're up for celebrating something special do not expect to eat a good meal here. Support some local restaurant that doesn't have to overcharge.Special Features:
- AmazingbrwhiteDined on 9/3/2014ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I boyfriend and I ate there and we had the most amazing time! It was best birthday gift and the scenery was great. We will definitely be coming back. The most amazing dining experience I have ever experienced thus far.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!EnriqueDined on 9/3/2014It took a while for the food to make it to the table, but you are there to enjoy the view and the company, so no problem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant primarily for the scenic view that we had both heard about. The view was great, but so was everything else. We both agreed that the food is a wee bit over priced, but it is well cooked and presented. The setting is romantic and the quiet atmosphere is ideal for being able to have a decent dinner conversation without shouting over loud music. The service was attentive, yet not overbearing - very good balance to ensure our need were being met. We have a very enjoyable and memorable time and would return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Spindletop, dining above HoustonYummyDined on 9/2/2014The entire evening exceeded our expectations. The revolving 360 degree view of Houston from the Hyatt's 34th floor Spindletop Restaurant is unique, breathtaking, fun. Our server, Ken, was attentive without being intrusive. We ordered coffee & desert. The chocolate souffle, light as a cloud, had a very dense chocolate flavor. The TX peach cobbler - where to begin? It is served warm, fresh from the oven. The crumbly bits were perfection, crisp & flavorful - an excellent base for the peach filling. Topped off with fresh peach slices, fresh raspberrys and vanilla ice cream, it is a treat for both the eye and the palate. Before we were midway through our evening, plans were being made for a return visit to Spindletop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014Very enjoyable evening at Spindletop. Attentive wait staff, notable wine list, great food and amazing views.Special Features:
- Cool view but food not so muchYum4tumDined on 8/30/2014Appetizers where tiny & overpriced. Three shrimp for $14?? And the "signature avocado dome"- tiny dome, crab tasted like it was out of a can, avocado was light green like it was spread thin using sour cream or something. Plus the whole place smelled like fish. And our waiter seemed like he should have been the dishwasher in the back not the waiter of an expensive restaurant. We left after our appetizers & drinks & ate burgers from the hotel Lobbibar. Cool atmosphere though & we did get nice gentlemen Hector & another server (not our awful waiter) to take our picture.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDoctorGDined on 8/26/2014First visit to Spindletop, was very impressed. Quite a climb to the top of the Hyatt, we took the inward-facing elevators that provide a spectacular view of the inner hotel as you ride to the top. The view from the restaurant is really beautiful, especially at sunset. The service was excellent, the fresh fruit-based julip and the 8 oz filez was superb. The Signature Avocado Dome, although nicely presented and nice mix of textures, was less delicious than just fun to look at. We'll be back!Special Features:
- went2dineDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the view. Good drinks; good wine; good food. Service was outstanding!!! OK…not enuff space below so private note to Spindletop here: Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. We celebrated friend's 89th birthday. Mentioned this when arrived and was overwhelmed with how special our friend was treated. Our waitress was Lois and she was amazing, even created a beautiful personalized card with the numbers 89 in gold rhinestones for Peggy. The chef came out twice to visit and last time brought a chef hat for Peggy. We were all so surprised and pleased with the care and consideration your staff gave our friend! Thank you so much for making a special evening even more Special! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Romantic and great view2lovedbirdDined on 8/22/2014Made the reservation a month before. An I made a request on the date of that dinner and they made it excellent sevices. Thank you everyone for making it happened on a very short notes. Again thank you for the excellent sevices and great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsJerseyguyDined on 8/21/2014Manager Hector Garibay took a special interest in my evening out with my eight year-old daughter. He came to the table, introduced himself to her, complimented her, and gave her a gift bag with presents. Her smile at that moment is something I will always remember. Mr. Garibay is a tremendous asset for you. You can not pay for that kind of dedication. I will recommend Houston Spindletop as often as I can to as many people as I can. Thanks so much for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJavierDined on 8/19/2014The view is really good and the service is great. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary here. The view was amazing!!! I would definitely recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DcapDined on 8/15/2014Went for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was very solid, but not spectacular. Nothing to complain about mind you, just nothing to write home about either.Special Features:
- Friendly waitressDarlieDined on 8/14/2014I do not mind going back there again in the future. It was very nice view and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTgonzo741562Dined on 8/12/2014It was a great place to eat. Very romantic and sets the mood.was perfect place to go. Great job!!! Would go back without a doubtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Year Anniversary!Z0650Dined on 8/12/2014Best restaurant in Houston!! I don't think I can top anything next year. The moment we walked in til we walked out our experience was breathtaking. The view was unbelievably mind-blowing. Astonishing service, environment, aroma. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeBigJonDined on 8/8/2014Was a very fun date. Awesome staff and outstanding food. I dont know much about fine dining so im sure i misused some plates and utensils. Overall 5/5 for us both.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!LBowenVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food - amazing staff!!! Couldn't ask for anything better. Thanks Hector for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We chose Spindletop to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! It was great! It's such a romantic atmosphere with cool views of downtown. The service was good. The waiter was very accommodating when we asked him to take our picture with the camera we brought; he took several shots of us as this was a special occasion. It was a bit disconcerting, however, when it became apparent that the waiter was trying to 'sell' us on purchasing more items. It is too bad that tips are based on overall cost of the meal; however, a waiter should be more considerate and not 'pushy'. I had reserved with comment that it was our 25th wed anniv and yet with all the empty tables, they sat us right next to a table of 4, and they were loud.Special Features:
- Great foodYumsterDined on 8/5/2014The food was great, although you didn't get a lot of it, there was plenty. The watermelon salad was tasty, and so was the peach trio for dessert. It worked out great for us, we used the free valet parking then walked to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and great service !!!Kindheart14Dined on 8/2/2014Mario, our server is one if a kind. He knows what he's doing and my sister's birthday has been special ... Memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was mine and my husbands first time dining here and had a great experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spindle TopFoodcitybigtimeDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant was a lot of fun. Free valet, great view, delicious food, hilarious birthday card, and awesome rotating floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!'nAnabel0312Dined on 7/30/2014A great place to celebrate an especial occasion. No kids please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentSeanc87Dined on 7/29/2014Spindletop has an amazing view, wonderful service and great food. We dined their for our 8th anniversary. Lois was our server and she went above and beyond taking care of all our needs. This is one of the few quiet dining experiences in Houston. It was so nice to be able to speak in normal voices to each other and be able to hear everything the other person was saying. We truly enjoyed the experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paying for the viewdprosDined on 7/22/2014For the amount of money that my dinner for 3 cost, I could've had a better meal at hundreds of other places, on ground level. The lobster ravioli special was a bit of a joke. 4 ravioli? And extremely salty to boot. Now I can say I've been there but I doubt I'll ever be back. Lois, our waitress, however was amazing. Very friendly but not fake like a lot of people in fine dining appear to be.
- WaiterSnoopyDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter was amazing he made our visit even moreemorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food(not great) but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service at this restaurant is great and professional. The ambience was outstanding and the food was good. The food was good, but expensive. The presentation of the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction guaranteedDecentdinningDined on 7/18/2014Great calamari and paella that serves enough for 2, service was excellent, atmosphere is very romantic, the view is incredible especially when the sun is setting. Perfect date night or any special occasion.Special Features:
- A terrific dining experience.Helidaddy407Dined on 7/18/2014First, the building. It rotates very slowly 35 stories up giving a splendid view that changes every time you look out the window. It's slow enough that you're not really aware of any motion and does not distract you from your company. Very well thought out. The food. I am no special fan of Cajon food or gourmet. However, Spindletop puts the two together very nicely. Fresh, flavorful and creative. The service. Perfect. Simply perfect. We never felt pestered or out of place. No personal chit chat from the staff. You'd hardly know they where there, until they mysteriously sensed that we needed something. The staff was Quiet, subtle and very attentive. Less is more when it comes to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentedysonrojasDined on 7/16/2014excellent food, view and service. Great for a special occasion.Special Features: