1200 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://spindletophouston.com/
- Phone: 7133754775x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Frank Majowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: If you would like to order flowers to be placed at your table.
Please contact these two recommendations for florists: http://www.breensflorist.com and http://www.flowers-n-more.net .When placing your order, please make a notation to the florist that the delivery will be going to Spindletop. Also, a courtesy call to inform us of delivery is appreciated.
- Special Events: For parties of 5-8 people, please call 713.375.4741 and we will be happy to assist you.
A word from Spindletop
Spindletop, Houston's first and best-known revolving restaurant, has been a favorite seafood restaurant since its opening in 1972. Our glass-walled restaurant makes one revolution every 45 minutes, ensuring you'll enjoy 360-degree views of the city and all of its famous landmarks. Multiple levels ensure that everyone has a perfect view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Spindletop - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Spindletop reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (136)special occasion (128)romantic (119)notable wine list (29)late-night find (23)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Had a great time.AwesomeNightDined on 10/21/2014Me and the wife went out to spindletop for a little romantic evening, it was actually pretty good despite all the bad reviews I read before going. The view is amazing!! The rotating dinning floor is pretty cool also. Service was pretty decent and the food was great. I had the lamb shank and my wife had the honey chicken. I would definitely recommend this experience for first timers looking to have a romantic date or celebrating a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthDay DinnerRegularPeopleDined on 10/18/2014Me and my lady went out for her birthday it was very nice, Only issue is that they don't let you know before hand if you have a upper or lower level seat.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/17/2014Dinner on Friday was spectacular!! The food was amazing, served hot and extremely tasty! Their wine list was outstanding and reasonably priced. The appetizer, the entrees, all were fantastic. Our service from our waiter was great, he was attentive but not too intrusive, he let us enjoy our dinner and our time alone. Spindletop was awesome!! Thanks, ManuelSpecial Features:
- Spindletop- Hyatt RegencyAshronDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful experience! Dining feels as if it is private because of the circular set up. Food was very tasty, something for everyone. Service was superb... attentive, but not overbearing...mindful of those who need to be at the theater in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Very Scenic, RomanticHappycoupleDined on 10/15/2014Waitstaff was very personable, & Friendly, fantastic view of the Houston skyline, food was exquisite.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great scenic view, relaxing and very romantic!! The wife wants to go oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!TylerDined on 10/11/2014Best dining experience I have ever encountered. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for grade A dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eLLYDined on 10/11/2014My mom's b-day dinner. The hostess said if in 45min the tables were still empty that she would give us a table window view. We were there two or more hours arrived at 6:30pm and the tables were empty. Hostess never mentioned it again. Apetizers came wrong, but they corrected that mistake then I received the wrong main dish- I think I was served duck or lamb or something-I ordered the chicken. But because of the lack of follow through on the hostess part and the wrong dishes served, well that did not leave me with a good feeling.. You expect to pay for good service but no. I think mostly it was the no window view. I understand you have to reserve two months in advance to get view but tables were empty whole time we were there.
- Great experienceAggieXOMDined on 10/10/2014Tried this place out for a rather nice date night. Was not disappointed. From mood lighting to great views this place had it all. Dinner was top notch and the service was amazing. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceHeatherDined on 10/9/2014Although the food we had was good, our service was very, very slow. We understand wanting to slow down the experience so you can take in the view and enjoy a nice meal; however, this was too slow. We went for a birthday dinner and had to skip any type of dessert because two hours had passed already. We didn't want to wait 20 more minutes for dessert. Plus, we had a 9 year old and 7 year old with us. Our waiter walked by us numerous times without stopping to take drink orders, food orders or check on us. The restaurant is a special occassion place, but we would pick another restaurant next time.Special Features:
- great for special occasionsNickDined on 10/7/2014I took my lady here for our 1year anniversary, and it was a HIT. I made a note that it was our anniversary on the reservation, and they not only greeted us, but had a card and even a desert themed as happy anniversary. Its pretty pricey, but your lady will feel like a princess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, the food is fineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful view, the food is good but just fair for this price point. Worth it for a special occasion but not as your go to date spot.Special Features:
- Awesome view and foodNewbieDined on 10/3/2014The price was a little high but the food tasted amazing. I would go agian I would recommend it for anyone trying new things. The people were extremely nice Especially the resturant manger. Top of the line serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond Customer serviceAppreciateQualityDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I selected SpindleTop for our 26th anniversary based on reviews and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, not an extensive menu but varied and interesting combinations. Portions are good, food here is to be appreciated - the chefs are definitely creative. The service here is stands out by far. Lois, our server was attentive and very charming. She was there when needed but not over the top. Customized card at the end was a nice touch. At the end if the night I managed to lose my phone, everybody from the manager down went outbif their way to help find it. Lois even tracked us down at the valet to deliver it after trey found it. We are Raving Fans for sure and highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st experienceamustdineDined on 10/1/2014It was my wife and I first time at the Spindletop and we enjoy every great experience from the ambience to the scenic view to the service we will be back definitelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Spindletop is a must do in Houston. Service, food and view are top notch.Special Features:
- Very good place.OliverMayoDined on 9/27/2014A romantic place, with an excelent view of the city. I went alone and was a little boring.Special Features:
- wine & dine over H-town skylinehroastednutDined on 9/27/2014Service and attn. To detail were a major ammenity. The follow up on-line booking with a real person to talk with the day of reservation excited my date. Complimentary valet parking, no detail was overlooked. I shall return in the very near future. 5 star u bet ur bottom dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreathlessChachiebDined on 9/27/2014Great places all around! I highly recommend this for a romantic night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Dining at Spindletop was the best choice to celebrate our 17th Anniversary. The service is excellent and the city views are breathless. I would do it again and would definitely recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlUvTHEviewDined on 9/20/2014Great service, definitely would visit again. Very romantic and loved the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceDOGFOODLIDDined on 9/19/2014The concept of a revolving restaurant is really cool. It's a nice dining experience with a great night time view of the city. However is food is very average and overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner, service and view was amazing! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArcelaDined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent experience at Spindletop! My husband and I went here to celebrate his birthday. It was our first time here. We loved this restaurant. The food and service is great! I defenitely will recommend this restaurant to all my friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEShayHenDined on 9/17/2014Went to celebrate my VSOP birthday and he loved it! The service was great. Our waiter was kind and friendly, I told him that it was my VSOP birthday and he brought back the dessert he ordered with a candle and happy birthday chocolate,, Very Kind! The Restaurant and restrooms were very clean. Nice sky view and of course great food! I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- spindletop reviewalanalanDined on 9/16/2014Overall i would recomend the restaurante. Loved the atmosphere, great service, and a great view. I had the 8 oz filet mignon for the main course. There is not any way to get that steak any better. It was a perfect 10. The appitizer and salad was not much. Dessert was fair.Special Features:
- Ready for a super romantic dateMonchosDined on 9/13/2014Free valet parking, beautiful Hyatt hotel lobby with a huge center bar to have some drinks before dinner. Dedicated glass elevator up 22 stories to the top. Nice view! The restaurant moves around to see all of Houston. The food is outstanding and they have something for everyone even if you don't like seafood. The waiter had time to explain each menu item and was very friendly with us. I felt like royalty and next time I'll dress with a jacket and tie to add to the experience. I'll come back again to taste all of the menu items.Special Features:
- scenic view1bambamDined on 9/13/2014As a houston native, this was our first visit to spindle top and it was amazing. Excellent staff, food and views, I would recommend this to anyone that hasn't experienced it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Romantic Birthday DinnerscorsceDined on 9/11/2014It was our first visit to Spindletop, and this is the first time that I'm writing a review--ever. Our wonderful experience prompted me to write a review for Spindletop. It was my wife's bday, her first since we got married, and I wanted it to be somewhere that had excellent food, excellent ambience, excellent service, and some place that was not too noisy. We decided to try Spindletop on my sister's recommendation, and it ticked ALL the boxes. The little touches that they added were the icing on the cake: e.g. napkins folded into hearts, they lit a candle on my wife's dessert, and they gave a birthday card signed by management to my wife as we walked out. There was of course the novelty of a revolving restaurant and amazing views as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!HawkinsDined on 9/10/2014Lived in Houston all my life and have never been. It was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate-aloneHistoryBuffsDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner there and were quite impressed with the scenic views of the city of Houston. We especially enjoyed the little "remembrance" card given to us to remember our our anniversary celebration. The service was wonderful and our waiter did so unobtrusively. We enjoyed the dinner we shared for our anniversary. We Shall Return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!WilliamVIPDined on 9/9/2014I took my wife here for her birthday Tuesday night and it was excellent. The service was just great. Lauren our server did an excellent job all night and was kind and very sweet. I enjoyed the salmon with quinoa and it was good. The sauce made it all come together. However my wife had the sea scallops and it was one of the top 5 meals I've ever eaten, and I only had the one bite she allowed me to taste. She actually brought the rest home just so she could have some left over to eat again. It was that good. The views, service, and food were all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014Wife and I went for our 2 year anniversary and we should've known going to a hotel restaurant. Food was subpar but our service actually wasn't bad. I forget our waitress' name, but I believe she deserves some props. Anyway, if you're up for celebrating something special do not expect to eat a good meal here. Support some local restaurant that doesn't have to overcharge.Special Features:
- AmazingbrwhiteDined on 9/3/2014ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I boyfriend and I ate there and we had the most amazing time! It was best birthday gift and the scenery was great. We will definitely be coming back. The most amazing dining experience I have ever experienced thus far.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!EnriqueDined on 9/3/2014It took a while for the food to make it to the table, but you are there to enjoy the view and the company, so no problem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRebeccaDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant primarily for the scenic view that we had both heard about. The view was great, but so was everything else. We both agreed that the food is a wee bit over priced, but it is well cooked and presented. The setting is romantic and the quiet atmosphere is ideal for being able to have a decent dinner conversation without shouting over loud music. The service was attentive, yet not overbearing - very good balance to ensure our need were being met. We have a very enjoyable and memorable time and would return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Spindletop, dining above HoustonYummyDined on 9/2/2014The entire evening exceeded our expectations. The revolving 360 degree view of Houston from the Hyatt's 34th floor Spindletop Restaurant is unique, breathtaking, fun. Our server, Ken, was attentive without being intrusive. We ordered coffee & desert. The chocolate souffle, light as a cloud, had a very dense chocolate flavor. The TX peach cobbler - where to begin? It is served warm, fresh from the oven. The crumbly bits were perfection, crisp & flavorful - an excellent base for the peach filling. Topped off with fresh peach slices, fresh raspberrys and vanilla ice cream, it is a treat for both the eye and the palate. Before we were midway through our evening, plans were being made for a return visit to Spindletop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014Very enjoyable evening at Spindletop. Attentive wait staff, notable wine list, great food and amazing views.Special Features:
- Cool view but food not so muchYum4tumDined on 8/30/2014Appetizers where tiny & overpriced. Three shrimp for $14?? And the "signature avocado dome"- tiny dome, crab tasted like it was out of a can, avocado was light green like it was spread thin using sour cream or something. Plus the whole place smelled like fish. And our waiter seemed like he should have been the dishwasher in the back not the waiter of an expensive restaurant. We left after our appetizers & drinks & ate burgers from the hotel Lobbibar. Cool atmosphere though & we did get nice gentlemen Hector & another server (not our awful waiter) to take our picture.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDoctorGDined on 8/26/2014First visit to Spindletop, was very impressed. Quite a climb to the top of the Hyatt, we took the inward-facing elevators that provide a spectacular view of the inner hotel as you ride to the top. The view from the restaurant is really beautiful, especially at sunset. The service was excellent, the fresh fruit-based julip and the 8 oz filez was superb. The Signature Avocado Dome, although nicely presented and nice mix of textures, was less delicious than just fun to look at. We'll be back!Special Features: