1200 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://spindletophouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 375-4775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Frank Majowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: If you would like to order flowers to be placed at your table.
Please contact these two recommendations for florists: http://www.breensflorist.com and http://www.flowers-n-more.net .When placing your order, please make a notation to the florist that the delivery will be going to Spindletop. Also, a courtesy call to inform us of delivery is appreciated.
- Special Events: For parties of 5-8 people, please call 713.375.4741 and we will be happy to assist you.
A word from Spindletop
Spindletop, Houston's first and best-known revolving restaurant, has been a favorite seafood restaurant since its opening in 1972. Our glass-walled restaurant makes one revolution every 45 minutes, ensuring you'll enjoy 360-degree views of the city and all of its famous landmarks. Multiple levels ensure that everyone has a perfect view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Spindletop - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Spindletop reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (138)special occasion (127)romantic (118)notable wine list (27)late-night find (24)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Z FarooqOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Went on my anniversary food was good, atmosphere was romantic! Good for a date, anniversary, special occasions and meetings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service, friendly staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014One of the best restaurants I had the pleasure to be in. The staff ,food, and service was second to none. The view of the city and the atmosphere of the restaurant was what I was looking for; quiet, light background music, and the setup of the tables along the glass windows was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was good, but I wasn't impressed with the service. I made a reservation through Open Table for 7:30 on a Tuesday, We were not sat until after 8:00 p.m. and there were plenty of available tables that rotated by as we waited at the hostess' stand. No apologies or explanation given by the restaurant. Then after we finished our dessert, we didn't see our waiter for nearly 20 mins. By this time, it was after 10:00 and we were extremely ready to get our check and be on our way.Special Features:
- Nice view, nice place, not good foodJuangDined on 11/14/2014The place is really nice and romantic, but for the quality of food you find there, is not worth the price you pay. I went for my girlfriend's birthday and they charged me 10 dollars more to give her a special chef birthday dessert with a candle but it was literally only WHIPPING CREAM with a candle on top. Not too many options in the menu either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Increasing food priceMikeDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant ambient is nice and quiet. Food and drink price increased substantially from the last time we visited a year ago. They did not provide the same pre-meal food like last time, instead it had only cold bread. But this could be that they changed the menu. The waiter seems to be inexperience when we asked about children and not willing to cooperate.Special Features:
- It was great.EmmoDined on 11/7/2014Perfect place for a special dinner. The food was great. The view was awesome. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely nightJ3nj3nDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed our 10yr anniversary on 11/6/14 everything couldn't be more perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGDrummer69Dined on 11/5/2014ALWAYS AN AMZING EXPERIENCE!! MY 1 YR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION WITH MY GF WAS COMPLETE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencehtowndinerDined on 11/5/2014The view was spectacular! As silly as it sounds, it really felt magical. I've lived in Houston my whole life and had never eaten here, but my husband and I went to celebrate a special occasion. It is very expensive, so if you don't want a full meal I would recommend stopping by for a glass of champagne and dessert. I only have two very small complaints with the food. I ordered the filet mignon ($38) that came with veggies and potatoes. I asked for double veggies instead of the starch, but they gave me very few veggies. We had a chocolate caramel volcano for dessert, but the chocolate sauce was pretty runny. There was way too much cake part and not enough chocolate or caramel. But it wasn't a huge deal and I would totally go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An interesting experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I went to Spindletop to celebrate a special occasion with my fiance. The place is gorgeous for a romantic date. The restaurant spins around in a 34th floor with gorgeous views of downtown. I would definitely recommend it. They have very fine dining and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The B.O.M.B.!LTJ14Dined on 11/1/2014I took my honey as a birthday surprise. We had a very romantic dinner with the Signature Paella. Ms. Lois took extra special care to see that his night was grand, including snapping a few pix of us! He's still raving about it. The flavoring of the the food was exceptional, and everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The place was great. Great service, beautiful view and fit for any occasion. I just would like to see more options on the menu, I'm not a seafood person and all but 2 items were seafood. I had the filet and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occation MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We went to the Spindletop for our 28th anniversary and it was perfect. The entire staff was professional and personal, food was delicious and the views spectacular. We had a small issue with my wife's meal but it was resolved in less than 5 minutes. On the way out I ran into a Gentleman who seemed a little nervous about the restaurant so I conveyed our positive experience which provided little comfort. Turns out he was going to propose to his girlfriend at dinner. At a spot like this, there's no way she could've said no.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionBafouFotoDined on 11/1/2014I had a great diner with my wife and kid. The Houston Downtown view was magnificent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date Night Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night there! The food was delicious, the view was great, and the waiter never let our glasses get too low! The speed of the building was just about perfect and we went during sunset, so the view was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was pricey for the small portions you receive. Waiter tried to run up the price of our ticket by continuously asking if we wanted salad. You are definitely paying for the motor spinning the restaurant rather than paying for the food quality.Special Features:
- AwesomeHines713Dined on 10/30/2014I've been there before,but I will recommend everybody I k ow,cause it's fine dinning in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not totally friendlyLuv2betreatedDined on 10/30/2014After making our reservation online, I called and left a message for a return call and I didn't receive a call back. I called back later evening and asked for window seats. I was told not a guarantee but might be available. After arrival we were told no window seats were available , maybe in 45m. A window seat was open the entire time we dined, but was never offered to us. I ask our waitress and stated let her see what she could do, she came and never mention it again! Lois walked by smiled and nodded his head at my date and I, while stopping by other tables asking them their dinning experience. I Chose my battles, in my opinion, this was a pregadis display.Special Features:
- Very pleasantspecialplaceDined on 10/25/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful evening. Appetizers and dessert were phenomenal. Our entrees were just ok. That part wad just odd. Their presentation was great! I had scallops A's and had a chicken something. Neither were special, but both beautiful. The veggies and black bean like side were not good. Everything else, cheese plate, bisque, drinks, bread.. yummy! Over two hundred. Entree should have been better. Our waitress was very lovely lady.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningfoodfanDined on 10/24/2014We chose the Spindletop to celebrate our anniversary. The view was excellent which complemented the food and service. Staff did a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Experience!FinediningDined on 10/22/2014Words cannot explain how absolutely wonderful this experience was for me. From the time I got off of the elevator to the time I left the staff were extremely attentive. I am a single female and dining alone is always a daunting task. However, Hector, the manager, made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Although the meal was pricy the service, atmosphere and food quality was well worth it! My waiter and all of the staff that waited on me were friendly and attentive! I would highly recommend Spindletop for a special occasion or if you just want excellent service, food and a perfect atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time.AwesomeNightDined on 10/21/2014Me and the wife went out to spindletop for a little romantic evening, it was actually pretty good despite all the bad reviews I read before going. The view is amazing!! The rotating dinning floor is pretty cool also. Service was pretty decent and the food was great. I had the lamb shank and my wife had the honey chicken. I would definitely recommend this experience for first timers looking to have a romantic date or celebrating a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthDay DinnerRegularPeopleDined on 10/18/2014Me and my lady went out for her birthday it was very nice, Only issue is that they don't let you know before hand if you have a upper or lower level seat.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/17/2014Dinner on Friday was spectacular!! The food was amazing, served hot and extremely tasty! Their wine list was outstanding and reasonably priced. The appetizer, the entrees, all were fantastic. Our service from our waiter was great, he was attentive but not too intrusive, he let us enjoy our dinner and our time alone. Spindletop was awesome!! Thanks, ManuelSpecial Features:
- Spindletop- Hyatt RegencyAshronDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful experience! Dining feels as if it is private because of the circular set up. Food was very tasty, something for everyone. Service was superb... attentive, but not overbearing...mindful of those who need to be at the theater in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Very Scenic, RomanticHappycoupleDined on 10/15/2014Waitstaff was very personable, & Friendly, fantastic view of the Houston skyline, food was exquisite.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great scenic view, relaxing and very romantic!! The wife wants to go oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!TylerDined on 10/11/2014Best dining experience I have ever encountered. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for grade A dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eLLYDined on 10/11/2014My mom's b-day dinner. The hostess said if in 45min the tables were still empty that she would give us a table window view. We were there two or more hours arrived at 6:30pm and the tables were empty. Hostess never mentioned it again. Apetizers came wrong, but they corrected that mistake then I received the wrong main dish- I think I was served duck or lamb or something-I ordered the chicken. But because of the lack of follow through on the hostess part and the wrong dishes served, well that did not leave me with a good feeling.. You expect to pay for good service but no. I think mostly it was the no window view. I understand you have to reserve two months in advance to get view but tables were empty whole time we were there.
- Great experienceAggieXOMDined on 10/10/2014Tried this place out for a rather nice date night. Was not disappointed. From mood lighting to great views this place had it all. Dinner was top notch and the service was amazing. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceHeatherDined on 10/9/2014Although the food we had was good, our service was very, very slow. We understand wanting to slow down the experience so you can take in the view and enjoy a nice meal; however, this was too slow. We went for a birthday dinner and had to skip any type of dessert because two hours had passed already. We didn't want to wait 20 more minutes for dessert. Plus, we had a 9 year old and 7 year old with us. Our waiter walked by us numerous times without stopping to take drink orders, food orders or check on us. The restaurant is a special occassion place, but we would pick another restaurant next time.Special Features:
- great for special occasionsNickDined on 10/7/2014I took my lady here for our 1year anniversary, and it was a HIT. I made a note that it was our anniversary on the reservation, and they not only greeted us, but had a card and even a desert themed as happy anniversary. Its pretty pricey, but your lady will feel like a princess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, the food is fineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful view, the food is good but just fair for this price point. Worth it for a special occasion but not as your go to date spot.Special Features:
- Awesome view and foodNewbieDined on 10/3/2014The price was a little high but the food tasted amazing. I would go agian I would recommend it for anyone trying new things. The people were extremely nice Especially the resturant manger. Top of the line serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond Customer serviceAppreciateQualityDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I selected SpindleTop for our 26th anniversary based on reviews and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, not an extensive menu but varied and interesting combinations. Portions are good, food here is to be appreciated - the chefs are definitely creative. The service here is stands out by far. Lois, our server was attentive and very charming. She was there when needed but not over the top. Customized card at the end was a nice touch. At the end if the night I managed to lose my phone, everybody from the manager down went outbif their way to help find it. Lois even tracked us down at the valet to deliver it after trey found it. We are Raving Fans for sure and highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st experienceamustdineDined on 10/1/2014It was my wife and I first time at the Spindletop and we enjoy every great experience from the ambience to the scenic view to the service we will be back definitelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Spindletop is a must do in Houston. Service, food and view are top notch.Special Features:
- Very good place.OliverMayoDined on 9/27/2014A romantic place, with an excelent view of the city. I went alone and was a little boring.Special Features:
- wine & dine over H-town skylinehroastednutDined on 9/27/2014Service and attn. To detail were a major ammenity. The follow up on-line booking with a real person to talk with the day of reservation excited my date. Complimentary valet parking, no detail was overlooked. I shall return in the very near future. 5 star u bet ur bottom dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreathlessChachiebDined on 9/27/2014Great places all around! I highly recommend this for a romantic night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.