Spin Kitchen & Bar - Marriott Ottawa
100 Kent Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5R7Neighborhood:
Ottawa / Gatineau
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Spin Kitchen & Bar - Marriott Ottawa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spinkitchenbar.com/
- Phone: 6137834202x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 11:30 am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Steele
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Michele MillerBrown our Catering Event Manager at email@example.com
- Entertainment: We are happy to offer free Wi-Fi to our guests.
A word from Spin Kitchen & Bar - Marriott Ottawa
At Spin Kitchen & Bar, enjoy your favourite comfort foods for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sip and savour a cocktail at the bar while people-watching, catching up on today"s headlines or reading up on our spins of the week, from the perspective of some of Canada's top journalists and pundits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spin Kitchen & Bar - Marriott Ottawa reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- well done!DelyDined on 9/24/2014My party required some accommodation and it was handled in an efficient and professional manner. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Black ForestlikestoeatDined on 9/24/2014Loved this entree. Well presented, amply serving and very delicious. I'm ready to go back and have it again already!Special Features:
- Good food and great staff!Arjmomc8791Dined on 9/22/2014I had the ceasar to start; a nice creamy sauce with a good mix of croutons, bacon, and cheese. You can get the steak frites or upgrade to an angus tenderloin for $5; I highly recommend the upgrade. The tenderloin is surprisingly comparable in quality to a full blown steakhouse and was absolutely delicious. Didn't have room for desert as the starter and main were quite filling. And couldn't say enough about our server, Ali; thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedWonderfulDined on 9/22/2014I had been to Spin before and was not impressed. I found the food very average and the restaurant very noisy. This time however, I asked if we could have a table by a window and despite being quite busy, it was much quieter. Although we did not order anything extravagant, the food was excellent, as was the service. The waiter found out that we were celebrating a birthday and provided a complimentary dessert with candle. Very nice touch. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Spin Kitchen & Bar - Marriott Ottawa reviews archive.
- Perfect venue for lunchWonderfulDined on 6/6/2014We were 5 in our party, most of which had never been to Spin. Everyone loved the food (especially the fries!) and the service was fabulous. Our server was very timely and friendly. The location is perfect and the décor works for lunch. Although I am sure food is equally great in the evenings, I don't find the décor or table set up conducive for say a romantic dinner or group celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reunion over superb foodvancouverfoodieDined on 6/5/2014Meeting up with old friends who made an hour long trek in to the city for us. The "out of towner" was picking the spot. It was a great choice, superb food, nice compact yet varied menu and reasonable price point. If they beefed up the wine list it would be five stars!Special Features:
- Almost PerfectlovemyjavaDined on 6/4/2014Excellent food. Friendly, professional service. Perfect lunch spot for the business crowd. My only remotely negative comment is with respect to the coffee. I love good coffee and do not mind paying more for it. At $4/cup, I expected better java. All other aspects were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014The dinner was great, we had great food, great service, great experience. Will definitely be back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Perfect for Business LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I recently booked the Spin Kitchen and Bar for a professional lunch. The ambiance, service and food were perfect. Our lunch was served very quickly so there were no concerns about getting away to afternoon meetings on time. The staff was excellent - very professional and attentive without seeming as though they were interrupting our lunch discussion. I food was also very tasty. I would definitely recommend Spin as a great place for business lunches in the downtown core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeMartheDined on 5/7/2014My colleagues and I had a great time. The food and services were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...MitchGVIPDined on 4/4/2014I have eaten at Spin many times before, and this was the first time that despite having a reservation they sat me in the bar. Rather than having a great meal in a cozy ambiance I was forced to endure groups of energetic hockey fans and whatnot. This was NOT their shining moment... and unfortunately the experience was repeated throughout the weekend.
- Services.BirthdayprincessDined on 3/27/2014I Call to increase our reservastion and had no problem doing so. You where very very busy the evening we went so services was a bit slow, but understandable. and the manager was extreamly helpful.Special Features:
- Fresh Design-a-SaladRH26Dined on 2/24/2014I like Spin because you can customize your salad and they are fairly quick at lunch time. BUT! This is the second time I have been there and both times I had to ask for bread AND ask for coffee. I would have thought that bread and butter on the table would be standard when people are having salad for lunch, and I am surprised that no one seems to ask if I would like something to drink. On the other hand, the salad was fresh and of a good size.Special Features:
- Poor business lunch settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014Cold food, under-staffed, poor unattentive service and noisy "singles" clients operating their office with lap top and cell from the dining room at lunch hour. I cannot recommend and question returning.
- Excellent hotel restaurantMitchGVIPDined on 2/2/2014I stay in the hotel often, and have eaten at the breakfast buffet many times. Recently I started enjoying it for dinner, and I really love their food... whether for hamburgers or something fancier :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is limited, but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014Menu is limited, but food was very good. We were there on a cold, winter's day and the temperature was cool in the restaurant. We were very upset at the unexpectedly high cost of the wine. Two members of our party ordered a glass of Chardonnay wine each - one was a 5 ounce, the other an 8 ounce. We had not been offered wine menus. We were shocked at the price on the bills and then asked to see the wine list and were even more surprised to find that we had not been served the least expensive options. The server had arbitrarily chosen for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientDiz2013Dined on 1/22/2014I would return but not because it is so great, but because it offers a convenient location for a fairly good lunch. The ambience is good (better in the west section). The food is ok. Salad niçoise is very good but the last time there was a pit left in an olive... just hoping the tooth is ok. They charge for soft drink refills (rare these days in restaurants). The service is not great - we asked the waitress about an ingredient in one of the dishes. She didn't know and checked with the kitchen. She came back with a completely wrong description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at SpinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2014This was the first time I have had lunch at "Spin". I have been there often for a drink and quick munchies after work with co-workers. The lunch was exceptionally good. The salmon was very moist, the pairing of fish with vegetables and fruit topping was well done. The portion was just right for a lunch - not too much and not too little! The service was excellent. This was a special occasion with a friend and I was very pleased with the service and the meal itself. Also appreciated that the tables are not so close that one is able to have a confidential conversation.Special Features:
- Not up to its usual standardsDowntownLuncherDined on 1/9/2014Spin Kitchen is a favourite spot for lunch downtown and the tuna nicoise salad is a long-standing favourite. My most recent visit was a bit of a shambles though. Orders confused, then lost, food arrived at different times, tuna over-cooked. The servers are always really pleasant and this was no exception. Apologies were offered and sincere. Hopefully just a bad day. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Disappointing and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Positive points: Lady welcoming guest at the front desk was really nice and anticipating our needs. 5 stars for her. To be improved: Our server didn't seem to like his job and we didn't feel comfortable at all. My glass of white wine was not cold enough. Crab cakes didn't taste like crab at all. No flavor and over cooked. Seafood chowder didn't taste anything. Disappointing and expensive. There are other nice restaurants in Ottawa and Hull and we will probably choose to go somewhere else next time.
- Great lunch!shirleylynDined on 10/30/2013Enjoyed an extraordinary meal of Halibut and home-cut fries! Service was impeccable, friendly, and personal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SaladsRubyReductionDined on 7/26/2013Our small group went here for a working lunch. The tables are spaced far enough apart that you can actually talk to the members in your party and not have to shout. Spin has recently added a "Salad-Spinner" option to their menu. Everyone in our party ordered their own unique salad. We were all impressed with the presentation, taste and quantity. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The company was good food10yearanniversaryDined on 7/19/2013The company was good food not so much. We were expecting the same as in Toronto where the restaurant spins. When we arrived the restaurant was empty got seated and taken care of not the biggest selection of food. We ordered the baby back ribs and the spin burger, the spin said smoked cheddar and I recieved it with provelone cheese which tasted awful the only good thing was the fries.
- Much better than expectedDiz2013Dined on 7/19/2013I had lunch at Spin with a friend. We both ordered the Niçoise salad with poached egg (rather than hardboiled). I ordered the tuna rare - I was told they could do medium-rare. I was quite good. I would definitely go back for that salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for lunchCreativelyHungryDined on 7/4/2013Food was okay, as was the service. We went for lunch on a Thursday and it was quite loud. I had the fish tacos and my mom had one of the artisan pizzas. Both were just okay but nothing to write home about. One food item and a coffee each and the bill was just under $60 with taxes and tip. Decent food but not worth that kind of cash.
- I would recommend validatingSundayout1Dined on 5/19/2013I would recommend validating parking - I could believe that this was a "NO". I will not return.Special Features:
- StafftheLynsDined on 5/8/2013The staff were very courteous and pleasent. The food was delicious. Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!FoodLOVERDined on 5/2/2013I have gone to Spin on many occassions and am always pleased with the food quality and service. I was actually there on 2 separate occasions last week and was more than pleased both times. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the mealnanjaneDined on 5/1/2013Came with my extended family and enjoyed a well-served leisurely dinner. Food was very good and well prepared. Had a very enjoyable Shiraz, although the wine list is brief. Felt it was good value for the money. Staff was friendly all through the hotel and restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2013Great spot for business meetings at lunch. Service was awesome. Food was good and well priced.Special Features:
- Obviously very popular forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Obviously very popular for lunch. Quick and good with nice options. Very noisy so no place for a quet get togehter. Lots of group tables
- I had the brunch buffet withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I had the brunch buffet with my family on a Saturday morning. It was very good! A bit pricey compared to other restaurants, and the selection was a bit small, but the service was wonderful and the food they did have was very good. At one point, there were no eggs benedict left in the buffet. I mentioned it to the host, and - to my surprise - within minutes, the kitchen had made a fresh one for me while they prepared another batch for the buffet. Yummy! Our server, who was very attentive during the meal, also poured fresh coffees for us to take with us when we left. That's a first for me!Special Features:
- Last Resort DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The layout of the restaurant is very unusual. There is a wide open space in front of the service window. I am not sure why they want to show the service window. The space would be better served with a wall blocking the window and tables put in the remaining area. The service was slow and did not feel like my business was appreciated. The food was good, but not the quality I would expect from a Marriott Hotel. The noise level was high. The price did not match the quality. Over-priced! I would return only if it was the only place open.
- The service and food was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The service and food was quite good, tucked away in downtown Ottawa, away from the Byward market. The staff were helpful and there were no major issues. If you are looking for free parking, you may have to drive around a bit to find a spot on Friday/Saturday night.
- Service was exceptional. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Service was exceptional. Nice ambiance. Balance between tables, (not in isolation and not encroaching other tables). Would like to visit one evening other than lunch to spend more time. Food was very good, (tried cod sandwich). Kudos for a first visit.
- Good, but not great breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013Good, but not great breakfast buffet - high points were the fresh fruit and cheeses, low points were the hot buffet food. The hot buffet was just a typical hotel type breakfast hot table with nothing special in terms of offerings or preparation. Convenient if you are at the hotel, even if it is a little pricey for what is offered.
- if you would have this surveyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013if you would have this survey in French it would be very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Group of friends and i goOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Group of friends and i go because they have their 5@5$ bar special which is affordable when one is on a budget. We also really like their drink the "Bramble" really good...Special Features:
- great food, great service! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013great food, great service! They even got me the table I asked for! wow!Special Features:
- The food was nothing to writeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013The food was nothing to write home about. Typical hotel restaurant food with nothing to take it a notch above ordinary. The best part of my meal was the roasted fennel! The worst part was the tasteless dessert called an apple tart, that tasted like bland apple sauce on a soggy puff pastry base. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was typical hotel restaurant full of business men on their computers and blackberries. I won't be back.