Spin a Yarn
45915 Warm Springs Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Spin a Yarn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sakisspinayarn.com/
- Phone: (510) 656-9141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sundays are reserved for private parties.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Small or large, Spin a Yarn can host an event worthy of the occasion. Our private dining room has a capacity of 20 and the banquet room has a capacity of up to 160. It includes a private bar, dance floor, sound system, and 120 inch projection HDTV
- Private Party Contact: Saki Kavouniaris 5106569141
A word from Spin a Yarn
Spin a Yarn specializes in Greek, Italian, and continental cuisine. We strive to bring you the best possible food and service. We are committed to quality, value, and your complete satisfaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spin a Yarn reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- very good prime rib!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and I are quite the red meat consumers and appreciate fine cuts amd enjoy it cooked rare. Spin A Yarn nailed it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Awesome. Favorite in Freemont! We love Spin a Yarn. Our favorite place to entertain business guests from all over the world. It never disappoints including the staff and chef! Cannot say enough about this place, the meat, steak , halibut is excellent everytime. Prawns are a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for out of town guestGBC56VIPDined on 10/18/2014We were looking for a nice local spot for an out of town guest. This was perfect! They willingly accommodated dietary needs, the food was good, even imaginative! We were able to spend quality time with our guest in a very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLACE TO GONewarkredDined on 9/28/2014Our family ate here last night to celebrate 2 b'days. Our dinners were superb. I had the lamb chops & I have to say it was the best dinner I have ever had there. Keep up the good work, see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE PLACE FOR A BIRTHDAYFirstTimerDined on 9/27/2014Went there to celebrate a birthday and WE were VERY IMPRESSED. Come in thru the front and were greeted instantly by the host who showed us to our table. The dining area was beautiful. Keith, the person who waited on us, was outstanding. He made our dining experience there very pleasant. They REALLY treat you like family. Would definately go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceConsumerDined on 9/26/2014The meat Filet Mignon needs help so I suggest this be addressed everything else about this restaurant is so awesome.......................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodspidey2112Dined on 9/7/2014I ordered my steak Medium Well (with a little pink) and it was so overdone I could only eat 3 or 4 bites out of the middle. The ambiance is nice and the servers were very well informed but the food is way over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and lively serviceluv2eatndrinkVIPDined on 8/22/2014The place is a good find in Fremont area. Been there several times for dinner and lunch. Food and service is always high quality. Friendly waiters and some of them do have a good sense of humor. Good place to take kids as well and a family run atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Spin a Yarn reviews archive.
- Excellent service!RangerDined on 7/10/2014The food was good overall. The best part of the dining experience was the excellent service. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. Definitely try the Prime Rib for dinner!Special Features:
- Good food great serviceDONCVIPDined on 6/13/2014My daughter had a fantastic burger. I had good pasta and my wife had excellent salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Committee CelebrationDomoDined on 5/31/2014We love coming to this place for a late lunch or early dinner after our committee finishes a project or when we are celebrating something accomplished FINALLY! I love the little room to the right of the entrance. The food is always great and the area is quiet enough for a small group to actually hear each other and enjoy each other's company of a leisurely and delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okMillerc49Dined on 5/28/2014The food was decent but not great, the staff was pretty good, its a bit pricey given it was a lunch menu, the down side to this place is the locationSpecial Features:
- luvfood2Dined on 5/17/2014Food and Service were outstanding. The staff seemed to know exactly what we needed without hovering over us. It was nice to be waited on by a well trained staff. Food was cooked perfectly. I look forward to returning and trying some of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Spinning the YarnShaiDined on 5/11/2014It's too over priced for a steak I could similarly get from Texas Roadhouse. I wasn't too impressed with their food. The servers were great though. The portions were huge. They could use a little more garnish.Special Features:
- Nice place, pretty good foodShiftracerDined on 5/11/2014I went there on Mother's Day with my 93-yr-old Mom and my brother. We had reservations and were seated promptly. The dining room was pleasant, but when I saw the patio I wished I had made reservations there. The menu was a pretty normal Mother's Day steak/fish/pasta affair, all with attendant high Mother's Day pricing. Our server was decent, accomodating my Mom's request for something...anything...other than the braised kale that came with all dinners that day. While I like kale, it seemed an odd vegetable for a special-occasion day. My prime rib (with kale), my brother's steak and my Mom's halibut were all prepared properly and of reasonable size. The fact I can't remember what the starch was, though, is telling. All in all, fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMikeDined on 5/11/2014Nice place for a meal. Friendly staff. I have always wanted to try this restaurant due to the TV show.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We went for my husbands birthday and was pleasantly surprised to be in a quite room with just one other couple. We had wonderful and welcoming service and the food was fantastic! When we ordered dessert they presented it on a plate with "Happy Birthday" written on it. We would go again and recommend to every one we know.Special Features:
- Good. But better beforePostsymphonydinerVIPDined on 5/2/2014We came here for a special occasion and it was good overall but 1) waiter seemed really low energy and not the most accurate. Pleasant enough but not outstanding 2) they RAN OUT of prime rib!! We had our hearts set on that since we had it both times we dined here before. The lamb and steak we ordered instead were good but not amazing. There was music from the bar which was a little loud but fortunately we really enjoyed the 80's tunes.
- Easter Sunday great placefxjaneDined on 4/20/2014On Easter Sunday my family enjoyed a fantastic brunch. It was me my mother and my two girls. It is hard to fine a place that we all can enjoy. The Spin a Yarn is one of our favorite places. They had a large variety of dishes. The waiter was always there checking if we need anything. The price was less then I would have expected to pay. My family and I will go again, two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for brunchwineorbustDined on 4/20/2014I took my family of 10 there for Easter brunch. I really liked the fact that we had a circular table...easier to converse with everyone. The server was constantly pouring champagne. That was nice. There was a nice flow to the room, easy to circulate around the food. There was a very nice selection of brunch items. I should have done the made to order omelet because the eggs benedict were dry and overcooked. My dad loved the seafood options. The breads and muffins table could have used more options. The items were very "Prefab". But overall, considering the reasonable price, it was good. I would recommend it for a Sunday brunSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablejltgftDined on 4/20/2014Really enjoyed the food, and location. We were able to dine outsideSpecial Features:
- Nice Casual Business Lunchrun2eatDined on 4/14/2014Had business lunch. Restaurant was not busy. Menu was broad enough that I felt I had the right number of choices. I had the pasta special. Food and service were both good. Would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fremont findBigAlHartfordDined on 4/11/2014Upon arrival we were promptly and warmly greeted. After a wait of approximately one minute we were shown to our table. Shortly thereafter our waiter who I believe is named Fred came over and took our orders. Because of some confusion on the part of our group the orders were given and modified several times. Our waiter was patient and very understanding. He made us feel genuinely welcomed. After our orders were placed we got our salads. They were pedestrian although the agreement at the table was that the blue cheeses dressing was very good. Our prime ribs were cooked exactly as ordered and flavorful. Thank you Saki. After that there was no room for dessert. Unfortunately the only real problem was the loud music coming from the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party AtmospherefunpartyDined on 3/1/2014We have eating at Spin-Yarn as a couple, parties and small groups. It was pleasant as everyone treats you as family and Saki is always there to greet you. There is music and laughter throughout the restaurant and a just a pleasant place to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAndresenDined on 2/23/2014Rest very clean service was outstanding attentive to table. All courses were served promptly. Time we arrived and had been served and finished 50 min not being rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I toke my wife to this placejcfromfremontDined on 2/14/2014I toke my wife to this place for Valintine's day dinner. The dining room and table was very bland. No decoration or even a single flower on any tables. Not romantic at all. The menu was a fixed menu with very little choices. The food was very average like what you would get from Denny's.
- Avoid!GrossedDined on 2/14/2014Awful from start to finish. We were seated promptly in the patio. It had been enclosed with thin walls, which made it more like a shed than a dining area. It was not insulated so it got very chilly. We asked THREE times to have the torch nearby lit. It never did get lit so we ate with our coats on. It was valentines day at 6PM, which means a very limited menu. It still took almost an hour to be served. The people who were seated at the same time we were had started their dessert when we got our dinner. Ordered the lamb. The entire lamb eating world eats lamb with mint jelly. When we asked for mint jelly the waitress looked at us like we were Martians, then came back with jalapeño sauce. All that for only $170 for two people. Never again!
- As usual we loved the foodVictorDined on 2/1/2014As usual we loved the food and the service. Filimon is our favorite waiter and always does a great job. The Bruce Stevenson band was playing that night in the banquet room and they were "Rocking Good".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor waiterMsNoNameDined on 1/19/2014Our waiter was not cut for this line of business. Not only did he not smile, he seemed like he didn't want to be there!
- Great for a Small Company PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014This was the third year we have held our Holiday Dinner here. The food is good and the service is great. The menu has enough variety to please everyone in our group. We have a small company group (14) so it can be difficult to find restaurants that work well for Company functions. We were dining in a small dining room with just our group and the door could be closed to provide a quieter and more personal experience. We are looking forward to having our 2014 Holiday Dinner here as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingN1kkxDined on 1/13/2014I wouldn't call the restaurant bad but I wouldn't bother going back either. Mainly a meat place and I had fish, but no Tartar sauce and no cocktail sauce (Maria Rose) really!
- Good food and nice and quietplaygoerDined on 1/12/2014the food is good, not great, but good. My halibut was a bit overcooked but otherwise quite good. Nice salad comes with it. So though the prices seem a bit high, since you get soup or salad as well as a starch and vegetable, it is a good deal. As long as you stay out of the bar, it is quiet. A good place for after a play at Ohlone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, Bad NightCarshowkingsDined on 1/10/2014I have came here many times before and never had an issue. For some reason this time (not sure if it was arriving late at 7pm was too late?) a bunch of the dishes that i would normally order were OUT! I was kind of amazed that a restaurant of this quality was out of food. I could imagine if it was 1 item, but there was at least 1-2 items from each food area that was out of stocked. When i asked for Prime Rib, there was None. When i asked about Oysters, there was none. I also asked about a Fish, and was told it was out also. It very frustrating going to a restaurant to order your favorites and they are out. The food quality and service was amazing however. Me and my wife both had Filet Mignon since there was nothing else to really order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food a must not quietOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014We were seated right away and everyone was really friendly,except for our server.... it didnt seem as though it was his personality to be friendly. The food was excellent but over priced. the music was too loud, i felt as though i was eating in a dance club. so if you dont care about the noise it is a must go to!!Special Features:
- For the price the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2014For the price the food was at best fair. We both had the ribeye steak and for almost $40/plate was really pretty bad. Didn't finish and wasn't worth taking home. Salad was OK, didn't have any soups so can't comment. The steak was so bad we didn't have desert there, Went somewhere else. We won't be back.
- high expectationsjimbob3Dined on 12/31/2013We were not disappointed when on New Years Eve we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Spin a Yarn. I had a rare slice of their famous prime rib, my wife had Beef Wellington. The flavor of their house dressing was infused in every bite of salad without being drenched and the pasta course of mushroom tortellini was surprisingly delightful. My rare, thick slice of prime rib, served with au jus and horseradish sauce was very tender and juicy. I heard no complaints from my wife as she ate her dinner. She let me have one bite of filet mignon with more of a pie crust than a bread dough covering. I almost wanted to trade. After dinner surprise, they brought out a small Happy 25th cake my daughter had made and left there. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve BlunderIntheMixCDined on 12/31/2013The evening started off great until the seating of my party came. The location of me and my family was fair at best , Due to the restaurant being crowded, dining families with children were seated in the patio location. The patio location would be great in the summer time , not in the winter ! Management nor the servers did not compensate the diners eating with jackets while enjoying their meals. The suggestion would be that making sure that everyone has a great dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2013We went to lunch with a group of 5. Ordered a variety of items, sandwich, pasta, seafood & pork all of which was very good. We couldn't have asked for better service from a server with an outstanding personality.Special Features:
- Attention to detail!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/14/2013I made a reservation for my son and his three friends, all high school seniors. They were celebrating a birthday and wanted to splurge on steak. I added a note during my reservation that it is a birthday dinner and to "please take good care of the boys." And Spin a yarn staff did! The boys were surprised when a birthday cake showed up! I really appreciated the fact that they read my note and made the boys feel special. My son and his friends were very pleased. They loved the food and the service. My son who is a very selective eater said he had the best salad of his life... Thank you spin a yarn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DisappointmentDisappointedVIPDined on 11/28/2013We went to Spin A Yarn expecting a great Thanksgiving buffet (based on what I was told in a phone call with the restaurant). We were extremely disappointed. Other than salad, the only vegetable in the buffet was green beans - undercooked. The buffet was heavy on starches (rice, potatoes, yams, various pastas). The turkey was clearly not from a freshly prepared bird but, rather, a preformed breast. What they were passing off as prime rib was another cut of meat - I'm not sure which cut as I passed on it when I saw that it could not have been prime rib (far too small in diameter). I've had tastier ham - it was on the dry side for ham. The carver wandered about - I had to seek him out to get a slice of ham. We will not be going back.