Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
3817 Crosswicks Hamilton Sq Rd
Hamilton Township, NJ 08691Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spigola.net/
- Phone: 6095855255x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday @ 11:30am
Dinner Monday - Thursday @ 4:30-10:00pm
Dinner Friday @ 4:30-11:00pm
Dinner Saturday @ 1:00-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday @ 1:00pm-9:00pm
Monday - Friday @ 11:30am to close
Saturday & Sunday @1:00pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Italian Culinary Team
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Special In-House Party Events and Off-Premises Catering available at your location 7 Days a Week. For more information, call our Banquet Manager at 609-585-5255 for dates and times available that will suit your requirements.
Looking to do a Brunch Party or a Cocktail Party as your special event? We can do that, too! For more information call our Banquet Manager at 609-585-5255.
- Private Party Facilities: Spigola can accommodate any size gathering for any occasion to suit your needs. Our private dining room is available for smaller parties, our large main dining room can encompass several size groups and the use of the entire restaurant is also available for mega-sized events.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Villari 8777502969
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Friday Night Dance to the music of the Hottest DJ's in the Area from 8:30pm-12:30am. Every Saturday Night Dance and Enjoy the Songs & Sounds of the Best Bands in the Area from 8:30pm-12:30am. Check our web-site at www.spigola.net to see a current list of entertainers performing at Spigola.
- Special Events: Chef's Table
A Dining Experience Like No Other
Treat yourself and your guests to the ultimate dining experience: Spigola's Vino e Cucina Chef’s Table. Enjoy an exclusive, multi-course meal featuring creative dishes prepared Italian Bistro-style with only the very best, hand-selected, seasonal ingredients. The Chef will personally present each course as it’s served with a history of the food, details about the dish and the complexity of its flavors along with the perfect wine selections for each course. The Vino e Cucina Chef’s Table seats up to 12 people and is available for lunch at 12:00pm Monday-Friday; for dinner at 6:00pm Monday-Thursday; two dinner seatings Friday and Saturday at 5:00pm and 8:00pm; as well as three-seatings on Sunday 1 pm - 10 pm Call for reservations at 609-585-5255 or from our website at www.spigola.net
A word from Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
Open kitchen atmosphereContinued
Dining room - bold 'n brassy
Dining room - bold 'n brassy
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We were there for a business lunch and the restaurant exceeded our expectations. Beautiful setting, excellent service, and we each loved our meals. We each agreed we would be back, for personal and business. Would highly recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical Italian restaurantsoupgirlDined on 8/27/2014Wanting a special restaurant meal for my birthday, I combed websites for restaurants around Trenton, most of them Italian, and most of them with very similar menus. Then I came upon Spigola, and it looked to be a cut above the others. Wasn't disappointed. The three of us started with the arugula salad - delicious. I had a special for the night - rack of lamb with a blueberry compote. Delicious, again, and cooked just right. My dining partners loved their meals also, steak and rigatoni. For desert, lemon sorbet served in a frozen hollowed out lemon, very unique presentation, but also very good sorbet. Highly recommend Spigola.Special Features:
- Steve CwinoDined on 8/26/2014Beautiful restaurant, cool bar, great efficient staff. Good. menu choices excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spigola perfect again!Palmer3465Dined on 8/23/2014The stuffed veal is fabulous. The meatballs are terrific. The wine was great. All in all this place is one of the finest places to dine outside of Phila or NY. Nat is a wonderful host and the service is always top shelf.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheRocco1Dined on 8/16/2014The best Italian Food ever tasted. Service was excellent and than dancing afterwards made for a complete evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placenjdaveDined on 8/15/2014I now live over 30 minutes from this place but I still try to make it when I can. Food is great. Service is great. Nice bar area. For some reason I just love this space and with all the Italian restaurants in NJ it means a lot that I drive to come here. Wish I lived closer. Plus accidentally left my credit card and they handled it as you would hope. Held it and returned it and made sure I had id which shows class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvGoodFoodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been to Spigola's many times and always have had a great experience. The new executive chef has brought many changes to the menu and more are in store. Service is friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten here many times and have always enjoyed the food. The warm oven roasted garlic bread is fantastic. Service has always been very accomadating and friendly.Special Features:
- Always greatGrobeVIPDined on 7/15/2014Don't know why I'd go elsewhere! Always great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable ExperienceTallkimDined on 7/15/2014Spigola was recommended to us by friends as a great place to take an out-of-town employee. It lived up to their hype. All of the staff from host, bartender and waiter were very pleasant and attentive without being annoying. The food was excellent. We had the seafood tower appetizer , jersey corn and tomato salad, veal chop and seabass entrees and a couple of desserts. All were perfectly prepared, served piping hot and delicious! We will go back!Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisineBillS777Dined on 7/12/2014Nice ambience, pleasant wait staff, and the food is always consistently prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Good food, Excellence ServiceLyJyMoDined on 6/21/2014The food was good and the service excellent but the noise level was no conducive for conversation which was an unfortunate consequence for our group of four as we hadn't seen each other in some time and were looking forward to catching up. We found ourselves yelling over the noise and the live music and it was not what we had hoped for. If you're looking for entertainment on a Saturday night, then this is for you, but if you are looking for conversation then I would advise against it on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!JoeNJDined on 6/20/2014While we don't go there very often, every time we've eaten there, we've left extremely satisfied. It's pricey...but We'll worth the prices you pay. Their regular menu is excellent. And, the specials...phenominal! Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Business LunchTomPDined on 6/5/2014This was my second business lunch at Spigola and it has worked well both times. Services is very good and the food is very well done. From the outside the location in a strip mall does not impress, but inside the restaurant is very nice with nice fit and finish and a good ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The good was excellent! One of our party has a food allergy they were extremely helpful and knowledgable as to what was available to him. Desserts was yummy too. The only downside was that it was very loud as there was a love band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spigola perfect again!Palmer3465Dined on 5/31/2014Our server Michael is the best. Nat and his staff are fantastic.Spigola is as good as Philly or NY restaurants. Have been going there for years and never disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 238 reviews are from the Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina reviews archive.
- CarolynCarolynDined on 5/22/2014Great Food ! Great Ambience ! Great Service ! Will definitely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceBeanangelDined on 5/18/2014The food and the atmosphere are great, however the waiter was not very friendly and very very slow in bringing add'l items requested and in providing the check when requested and in returning change and receipt. He was also not very personable when reviewing the menus and questions we had regarding certain items. He needs to become a little more polished in customer service if he is going to provide service in a fine restaurant such as this. He did take away a bit from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbritjem66Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at Spigola. I came highly recommended from friends. I was always skeptical about going because both my kids (23 & 14) are extremely picky with there food. The menu offered them many items that they actually eat. We will be back.Special Features:
- love love loveTTBNDined on 4/20/2014This is one of our favorite "special" spots! Everything that was placed in front of us was the best ever! Love...love..love this restaurant!Special Features:
- strawberryVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food and drinks are delicious here, pricey but very good and ample. LOVE the escarole and beans side dish, salads are great too and the fact that custom requests are honored -that is important to us and not available everywhere. We come when there is good music such as the night we were there.Special Features:
- Great Food!FoodieDined on 4/12/2014Food was awesome and would go again just for that. Their garlic bread was really good too. Problems were it took ridiculously long to get each course-even soup and salad. The waiter was very friendly, but this didn't make up for it. It might have had to do with when our waiter placed our order in the kitchen, since people who came in after us with a different waiter got served before us and had no problem with waiting between courses. We had a 7:30 reservation (after prime time). Also, dinner did not come with soup or salad-had to purchase it separately. We also felt that coffee was priced a little high but it was good. I had a cappuccino, which was good but was not filled all the way. The band was very good.Special Features:
- reservation was not respectedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/12/2014Made a reservation for 7:30 pm for our party of 6 this past weekend. We arrived at about 7:20 pm and were told that it would be 10 minutes for our table to be ready. After the initial 10 - we were told about another 15 minutes. This went on for about 1 hour and 10 minutes past our reservation time. During that time, the host/owner and hostess - sat two other large parties of 6 before us who had clearly come in after us. When asked about it - he was uninterested in answering why this was. it was clear that the parties he sat were customers he knew and therefore our reservation was not respected. He clearly did not need our business on such a busy night. We will not be coming back here no matter how good the food was.Special Features:
- Me favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I've been here several times. Always had a good experience. Food is excellent. The bus person took very good care of us. She made sure our dining experience excellent. My favorite. Is always the risotto. Tuta bene .Special Features:
- maxwDined on 3/28/2014One of our favorite local restaurants. Took family their recently and they were also impressed with the atmosphere and foodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful lunchMaripDined on 3/6/2014We enjoyed the afternoon lunch. The food was served promptly. The waiter most courteous. The food was well prepared and delicious. Most definitely will return for dinner. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodDaveHVIPDined on 3/1/2014They charge New York City prices for a south/central Jersey strip mall location. I guess they have good reason since the food is quite good and the service was excellent. They do hit you for everything so be sure to ask prices before assuming. The highest cost salad was around $9, but the special spinach salad was around $15 (it wasn't so special). They never tell you the prices of the specials unless you specifically ask. Try adding stuffed blue cheese olives to your martini and you would think you bought another drink. I had the Fruta Di Mare which was excellent. My wife ordered the Gnocchi which she said was the worst she had. Good thing she liked the salad and the bread. Great place to stop for drinks. Was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Miss at Spigola!Palmer3465Dined on 2/22/2014Nat is the perfect host and Michael is what every server should aspire to be. We enjoy Spigola every time we visit. The food is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was treated like our businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Was treated like our business did not matter. Food took and hour and twenty minutes. Waitress ignored us, the owner was rude and dismissive. He made excuses for everything.
- Neighborhood Gem with AmbianceDonnytDined on 2/20/2014Truly a must for those who want ambiance, great food and a solid wine list. Servers are very knowledgeable and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DaysMikeDined on 2/14/2014Was there for valentines day with my fiancé, it was a nice place, food was good! Nice for romantic night out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe not for valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Great wine list. Limited but tasty valentines menu. Good portions. 830pm reservation seated at 915. Understanding my irritation a free dessert was offered. Will try again one day when not so busy.Special Features:
- really a let downdav1Dined on 2/14/2014I was so disappointed with Spigola. We ate on valentine's day. This is an expensive restaurant and frankly overpriced for what you receive. Our reservations were for 7:15 but from the time we walked in the door we had a sense that neither our reservation nor our enjoyment of the evening was relevant. We asked for a specific waiter who we recognized and were nearly laughed at. There had been no notice that there was a very limited menu for that evening. They ran out of the wine we were drinking. At the end we found there was only one choice for a dessert! We had a nightcap at their bar only to be entertained by a fight that broke out and included employees of the restaurant. If you're looking for a nice night out, stay away from Spigola.
- Consistently ExcellentMandMDined on 2/14/2014My family has been going to Spigola for the better part of 10 years and it is easily one of our favorite restaurants. The service is always excellent and the food never disappoints. It is also a favorite when we have a large group for a family function or holiday. The tables and chairs are adult sized and there is reasonable space between tables in the dining room. This makes for a much more enjoyable occasion. Everyone is comfortable and talking is easy. You really can't go wrong with this place. It is fun whether you want a romantic dinner for two, going out with a few friends, or dining with large family group. My wife and I had a great time here on Valentine's Day 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing night outBobandBarbDined on 2/14/2014We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation to find more than a dozen diners waiting at the door all with reservations as well. With one person seating parties, it took over 25 minutes for us to get our table. We ordered drinks and waited again. It was another 10 minutes or so before a plate of bread and water arrived. Food was good, but nothing outstanding or interesting given the prices. Between the long waits and the arrival of unordered food to our table and other tables around us, we stretched a three course meal with coffee to over 3 hours. We were told the kitchen was backed up ( on a night with a limited selection Valentine's menu). I would not wish to try this restaurant on a busy night with their full menu.
- Valentine's Daydh21Dined on 2/14/2014They simply booked far too many people at once. The tables were way too close together to be a truly romantic evening. This was the first time I returned my entree. Applebee's could have made a better steak. The lobster ravioli was amazing so that mostly made up for everything else.
- Awesome but expensiveJbgbDined on 2/14/2014Wife and i ate there valentines day. Everything was awesome. Food was great waiter was great. Only downside was the price of the check. We only had 4drinks and we all know booze runs the bill up. So total cost for 2 was $ 235. It was a special occasion so no problem but cant afford it all the time. We were very pleased with the whole dinning experience howeverSpecial Features:
- Spigola Ristorante was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Prior to making Valentine's Day reservations, I had never heard of Spigola Ristorante. The restaraunt had a nice ambiance, low lighting and quiet. The food was of excellent quality. My wife and I had the Chillean Sea Bass and the Veal Porterhouse respectively. The porterhouse came cooked to order (which after a string of bad luck is a really big deal). Our waitor was light hearted and fun. Overall, This was one of the better places we've been to in quite some time. I would definately recommend this restaraunt to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City feel, in suburban/rural areaDougDined on 1/25/2014Our friends, my wife and I had a delightful, multi-course dinner this past week-end. In the middle of the polar vortex and with 12" or more of snow on the ground the restaurant was busy and festive. We live locally and Spigola is on our short list of great restaurants in the Hamilton/Bordentontown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findParkPlaceDined on 1/25/2014My husband ordered the veal chop and requested it cooked to a temperature of his choice, this was done perfectly. My Tequila drink with a splash of Juice was perfectly mixed. The service was friendly, informative, and responsive to our needs and requests. This was my first time dinning here and I will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.