Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
3817 Crosswicks Hamilton Sq Rd
Hamilton Township, NJ 08691Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spigola.net/
- Phone: (609) 585-5255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday @ 11:30am
Dinner Monday - Thursday @ 4:30-10:00pm
Dinner Friday @ 4:30-11:00pm
Dinner Saturday @ 1:00-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday @ 1:00pm-9:00pm
Monday - Friday @ 11:30am to close
Saturday & Sunday @1:00pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: CHEF DOMINIC CONTI
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Special In-House Party Events and Off-Premises Catering available at your location 7 Days a Week. For more information, call our Banquet Manager at 609-585-5255 for dates and times available that will suit your requirements.
Looking to do a Brunch Party or a Cocktail Party as your special event? We can do that, too! For more information call our Banquet Manager at 609-585-5255.
- Private Party Facilities: Spigola can accommodate any size gathering for any occasion to suit your needs. Our private dining room is available for smaller parties, our large main dining room can encompass several size groups and the use of the entire restaurant is also available for mega-sized events.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Villari 8777502969
- Entertainment: OCTOBER 18 , D J DANCE PARTY 10:30 TO CLOSE. OCTOBER 15 WEDNESDAY HEITZ WINE DINNER
- Special Events: Chef's Table
A Dining Experience Like No Other
Treat yourself and your guests to the ultimate dining experience: Spigola's Vino e Cucina Chef’s Table. Enjoy an exclusive, multi-course meal featuring creative dishes prepared Italian Bistro-style with only the very best, hand-selected, seasonal ingredients. The Chef will personally present each course as it’s served with a history of the food, details about the dish and the complexity of its flavors along with the perfect wine selections for each course. The Vino e Cucina Chef’s Table seats up to 12 people and is available for lunch at 12:00pm Monday-Friday; for dinner at 6:00pm Monday-Thursday; two dinner seatings Friday and Saturday at 5:00pm and 8:00pm; as well as three-seatings on Sunday 1 pm - 10 pm Call for reservations at 609-585-5255 or from our website at www.spigola.net
A word from Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina
Open kitchen atmosphereContinued
Dining room - bold 'n brassy
Dining room - bold 'n brassy
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Too big for its britches?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I ate here on a Saturday night. From reading reviews, we were excited. We owned an operated a restaurant in the DC area and as a chef, I was looking forward to finding a local place worth our rare "date night". The place was jammed. After drinks, we ordered the crostini app and a flatbread, which arrived in about 40 minutes. The dishes were fine, but not memorable. Our table bread, which came after our apps had been overgrilled and was burned badly. After an additional 40 minutes, our entrees arrived. My wife ordered the chicken parm, which she figured would be the perfect thing to order here and impossible to be bad. To our disappointment, however her dish was either direct from the freezer or had been cooked for a previous service and re-heated for our dinner. It was nearly inedible. Paper thin and rock hard, she could barely chew it. Her pasta "extruded on site" had been cooked like it was fresh pasta. While everyone enjoys a good al dente noodle, these were embarrassingly crispy. Our side of "crispy potatoes" arrived and was comprised of 5 halves of fingerling potatoes, burned on a flat-top such that the cut half side was burned, but the potato was uncooked. Not exactly a portion size side to "share", even if it had been edible. I ordered the lamb, which was cooked well- however suffered from an overpowering spice combination that contained too much fennel and/or anise. It tasted like a piece of black licorice. The roasted root vegetable bed was undercooked, and the sauce was very thin and oily. As this was our first visit, we ordered simple dishes on purpose to give the restaurant the maximum opportunity to impress us. Unfortunately, the impression left was not one of a capable kitchen, but one of a kitchen struggling to keep up with the size of the restaurant. This leads to short-cuts and ruins the food quality. For nearly $175 there are many, many other places we'd rather eat in the area.
- Much improvedLikeFishDined on 11/8/2014new chef = much better food We had not visited spigola in quite some time as our last experience was subpar. I'm pleased to say this is no longer the case. Great food and great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian Restaurant2eatVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had heard the chef from the now closed Coltello's (Dominic) was now in the kitchen at Spigola. We loved Coltello's and thought it was in the top three restaurants in South/Central Jersey. Still can't figure out why the owner (Coltello's) did not find another location but instead is a partner at an Irish pub!!!! He should stick to Italian food. So Spigola is good but it is no Coltello! Beautiful inside (you think you are in NY or a major city). The food was good and the bread is some of the best I have had at a restaurant. Octopus was tender and very good. Bronzino was also good as were the gnocchi's with ragu. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualPalmer3465VIPDined on 11/1/2014Spigola has a revamped menu and it sure does not disappoint! The quality and freshness is terrific. Some nice meat and cheese boards,the appetizers are tasty as well. The wine list is one of the best around. Entrees were inventive,fresh and tasty. Service here is always top shelf. Our favorite server is Michael he ads to the experience. This is the closest you can get to Philly or NY dining around here. Spigola is great.Special Features:
- fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/31/2014It had been a while since dining here, but our recent dinner was terrific. Grilled octopus appetizer was tender, the peppers and potatoes a great contrast. A baby kale salad was a great seasonal addition. Duck breast was probably the best we've ever had, and that is saying a lot; dusted with a seasoning reminiscent of Chinese five spice, but not overpowering, and the generous breast was cooked to perfection. Seared sea bass, also generous portion, was buttery and moist. Everything seasoned well, very fresh ingredients. Service was excellent as well, Mike was very attentive and pleasant. Only negative about this spot is the strange vibe in the bar area, the reason we've avoided dining here recently. Need to decide: nightclub or restaurant?Special Features:
- Fun time - great foodTommyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Not our first visit here and won't be our last. New menu - great food - service is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We had heard that the old chef from Coltello in Crosswicks had been hired to run Spigola's kitchen and we very quickly booked a table for 3 couples for a Friday night. The menu is definitely reminiscent of the classic Coltello. Some of us ordered the rack of lamb, others the lobster risotto (special) and other the cannelloni. We waited 2 hours before we got our food! The waiter forgot my salad and the food was terrible. The risotto was over cooked, the besciamelle sauce was too lumpy and the mustard's sharp flavor overpowered that of the lamb! After paying $140 per couple we left feeling angry and disappointed. Obviously under staffed in the kitchen and in the dining room. I do hope they make some adjustments because the potential is great.
- very good foodcaod2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was a very nice experience. My only regret is that the dinner service took about an hour more than we anticipated. It gave us a chance to chat, but I would have liked to have eaten a little earlier. We arrived for a 6:30 pm dinner and left at about 9:20 pm. The food was outstanding and the service was very good - our waiter was very good. The kitchen was a little behind - that is understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changeSmemi4Dined on 10/4/2014I'm very disappointed with the menu change. There was nothing wrong with the menu before so why change it. Not satisfied and in order for me to go back it would have to change. This was a place we always loved and now we are upset. The new chef brought his old restaurants menu and if we loved it then we would have been going there all these years. Bring back the old Spigola please!!
- Always a winnerGrobeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Want to impress a client or love one, go here. Site is off set so there's always parking. Never doubt your meal won't be smart and full of flavor. Service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backExcellentDined on 9/18/2014We were there for a business lunch and the restaurant exceeded our expectations. Beautiful setting, excellent service, and we each loved our meals. We each agreed we would be back, for personal and business. Would highly recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014The new menu is excellent and showcases the talent of the new chefs. Homemade pastas are delicious! Sit at the bar for excellent service and a great view of the entertainment.Special Features:
- Not your typical Italian restaurantsoupgirlDined on 8/27/2014Wanting a special restaurant meal for my birthday, I combed websites for restaurants around Trenton, most of them Italian, and most of them with very similar menus. Then I came upon Spigola, and it looked to be a cut above the others. Wasn't disappointed. The three of us started with the arugula salad - delicious. I had a special for the night - rack of lamb with a blueberry compote. Delicious, again, and cooked just right. My dining partners loved their meals also, steak and rigatoni. For desert, lemon sorbet served in a frozen hollowed out lemon, very unique presentation, but also very good sorbet. Highly recommend Spigola.Special Features:
- Steve CwinoDined on 8/26/2014Beautiful restaurant, cool bar, great efficient staff. Good. menu choices excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spigola perfect again!Palmer3465VIPDined on 8/23/2014The stuffed veal is fabulous. The meatballs are terrific. The wine was great. All in all this place is one of the finest places to dine outside of Phila or NY. Nat is a wonderful host and the service is always top shelf.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheRocco1Dined on 8/16/2014The best Italian Food ever tasted. Service was excellent and than dancing afterwards made for a complete evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placenjdaveDined on 8/15/2014I now live over 30 minutes from this place but I still try to make it when I can. Food is great. Service is great. Nice bar area. For some reason I just love this space and with all the Italian restaurants in NJ it means a lot that I drive to come here. Wish I lived closer. Plus accidentally left my credit card and they handled it as you would hope. Held it and returned it and made sure I had id which shows class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvGoodFoodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been to Spigola's many times and always have had a great experience. The new executive chef has brought many changes to the menu and more are in store. Service is friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten here many times and have always enjoyed the food. The warm oven roasted garlic bread is fantastic. Service has always been very accomadating and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the Spigola Ristorante Vino e Cucina reviews archive.
- Always greatGrobeVIPDined on 7/15/2014Don't know why I'd go elsewhere! Always great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable ExperienceTallkimDined on 7/15/2014Spigola was recommended to us by friends as a great place to take an out-of-town employee. It lived up to their hype. All of the staff from host, bartender and waiter were very pleasant and attentive without being annoying. The food was excellent. We had the seafood tower appetizer , jersey corn and tomato salad, veal chop and seabass entrees and a couple of desserts. All were perfectly prepared, served piping hot and delicious! We will go back!Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisineBillS777Dined on 7/12/2014Nice ambience, pleasant wait staff, and the food is always consistently prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Good food, Excellence ServiceLyJyMoDined on 6/21/2014The food was good and the service excellent but the noise level was no conducive for conversation which was an unfortunate consequence for our group of four as we hadn't seen each other in some time and were looking forward to catching up. We found ourselves yelling over the noise and the live music and it was not what we had hoped for. If you're looking for entertainment on a Saturday night, then this is for you, but if you are looking for conversation then I would advise against it on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!JoeNJDined on 6/20/2014While we don't go there very often, every time we've eaten there, we've left extremely satisfied. It's pricey...but We'll worth the prices you pay. Their regular menu is excellent. And, the specials...phenominal! Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Business LunchTomPDined on 6/5/2014This was my second business lunch at Spigola and it has worked well both times. Services is very good and the food is very well done. From the outside the location in a strip mall does not impress, but inside the restaurant is very nice with nice fit and finish and a good ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The good was excellent! One of our party has a food allergy they were extremely helpful and knowledgable as to what was available to him. Desserts was yummy too. The only downside was that it was very loud as there was a love band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spigola perfect again!Palmer3465VIPDined on 5/31/2014Our server Michael is the best. Nat and his staff are fantastic.Spigola is as good as Philly or NY restaurants. Have been going there for years and never disappointed.Special Features:
- CarolynCarolynDined on 5/22/2014Great Food ! Great Ambience ! Great Service ! Will definitely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceBeanangelDined on 5/18/2014The food and the atmosphere are great, however the waiter was not very friendly and very very slow in bringing add'l items requested and in providing the check when requested and in returning change and receipt. He was also not very personable when reviewing the menus and questions we had regarding certain items. He needs to become a little more polished in customer service if he is going to provide service in a fine restaurant such as this. He did take away a bit from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbritjem66Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at Spigola. I came highly recommended from friends. I was always skeptical about going because both my kids (23 & 14) are extremely picky with there food. The menu offered them many items that they actually eat. We will be back.Special Features:
- love love loveTTBNDined on 4/20/2014This is one of our favorite "special" spots! Everything that was placed in front of us was the best ever! Love...love..love this restaurant!Special Features:
- strawberryVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food and drinks are delicious here, pricey but very good and ample. LOVE the escarole and beans side dish, salads are great too and the fact that custom requests are honored -that is important to us and not available everywhere. We come when there is good music such as the night we were there.Special Features:
- Great Food!FoodieDined on 4/12/2014Food was awesome and would go again just for that. Their garlic bread was really good too. Problems were it took ridiculously long to get each course-even soup and salad. The waiter was very friendly, but this didn't make up for it. It might have had to do with when our waiter placed our order in the kitchen, since people who came in after us with a different waiter got served before us and had no problem with waiting between courses. We had a 7:30 reservation (after prime time). Also, dinner did not come with soup or salad-had to purchase it separately. We also felt that coffee was priced a little high but it was good. I had a cappuccino, which was good but was not filled all the way. The band was very good.Special Features:
- reservation was not respectedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/12/2014Made a reservation for 7:30 pm for our party of 6 this past weekend. We arrived at about 7:20 pm and were told that it would be 10 minutes for our table to be ready. After the initial 10 - we were told about another 15 minutes. This went on for about 1 hour and 10 minutes past our reservation time. During that time, the host/owner and hostess - sat two other large parties of 6 before us who had clearly come in after us. When asked about it - he was uninterested in answering why this was. it was clear that the parties he sat were customers he knew and therefore our reservation was not respected. He clearly did not need our business on such a busy night. We will not be coming back here no matter how good the food was.Special Features:
- Me favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I've been here several times. Always had a good experience. Food is excellent. The bus person took very good care of us. She made sure our dining experience excellent. My favorite. Is always the risotto. Tuta bene .Special Features:
- maxwDined on 3/28/2014One of our favorite local restaurants. Took family their recently and they were also impressed with the atmosphere and foodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful lunchMaripDined on 3/6/2014We enjoyed the afternoon lunch. The food was served promptly. The waiter most courteous. The food was well prepared and delicious. Most definitely will return for dinner. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodDaveHVIPDined on 3/1/2014They charge New York City prices for a south/central Jersey strip mall location. I guess they have good reason since the food is quite good and the service was excellent. They do hit you for everything so be sure to ask prices before assuming. The highest cost salad was around $9, but the special spinach salad was around $15 (it wasn't so special). They never tell you the prices of the specials unless you specifically ask. Try adding stuffed blue cheese olives to your martini and you would think you bought another drink. I had the Fruta Di Mare which was excellent. My wife ordered the Gnocchi which she said was the worst she had. Good thing she liked the salad and the bread. Great place to stop for drinks. Was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Miss at Spigola!Palmer3465VIPDined on 2/22/2014Nat is the perfect host and Michael is what every server should aspire to be. We enjoy Spigola every time we visit. The food is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was treated like our businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Was treated like our business did not matter. Food took and hour and twenty minutes. Waitress ignored us, the owner was rude and dismissive. He made excuses for everything.