18 Highland Circle
Needham, MA 02492Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spigaristorante.com/
- Phone: (781) 449-5600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Beer and Wine Served
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert DeSimone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Spiga, we are proud to offer highly personalized private dining event options for our customers. Our staff will work with you to create an individualized menu that will meet and exceed your highest expectations.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how Spiga can work with you to create an event that all of your guests will enjoy and remember.
- Private Party Contact: . 7814495600x
A word from Spiga Ristorante
Benvenuti a Spiga Ristorante, where you will enjoy traditional regional Italian cuisine. By day, Spiga is a casual trattoria, serving simple fare like wood-oven pizza, savory risotto, and hand-crafted panini. By night, copper silk drapes, white linens and shimmering sconces bathe Spiga in a romantic glow. Dine indoors or out, on our sunny, landscaped patio. As in the Italian countryside, ingredients are all produced in house, from the crusty breads and infused oils and vinegars to the handcut pasta. This is big city dining in a comfortable suburban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spiga Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (23)special occasion (20)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hidden GemDanTVIPDined on 11/22/2014This tucked away restaurant was a welcome surprise for my wife and I the other night. She's lived in Needham her entire life and never knew this place existed, so it's definitely a destination restaurant. However, locals seem to know it because the restaurant was full. The interior was cute and it felt like we were in Italy. Our server was helpful and friendly. The wine list, although small, was fairly priced. We had a delicious nebbiolo for $48. All of our food was excellent, from the burrata/prosciutto appetizer to my wife's brick chicken to my rabbit pappardelle (fresh al dente pasta). We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Out2lunchDined on 11/14/2014Happened upon this great spot on a whim! Delicious pasta and salad - perfect supper. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a great time. The lamb chop special was wonderful and the bread pudding was the best.Special Features:
- Always a great mealCarlTDined on 11/4/2014We've been to Spiga several times and the food is always excellent. Our dining time on this occasion was rather late. The restaurant was nearly full when we arrived so the noise level was a bit high. But by the time we were served our main course there were only a couple of tables still occupied. Service was excellent without being overbearing. Salad, entrees and dessert were on the usual high level. Spiga is our go-to place for a great night out.Special Features:
- SuperlativeCallistoVIPDined on 11/3/2014Another wonderful dining experience, start to finish. Beautiful service and great food.Special Features:
- Better all the time!RaptorDined on 11/1/2014SPIGA just keeps improving. The menu surprises, the service is superb, and the food preparation is better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End in the 'burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014Excellent and creative Italian cuisine, very well executed. Service is also equally good.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JonfromtheBurbsDined on 10/24/2014The meatball appetizer was AMAZING! The chicken under a brick and the rib eye were both equally delicious as were the side dishes. The service was excellent without being obtrusive. Not sure why I waited so long to check this place out. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- very nice dinnerJanPDined on 10/23/2014Spiga is a little pricey. But the food is very good.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureMacDDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining at this restaurant. Food is great and the service is exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014we so enjoyed Spiga, the food was excellent and the tables aren't squished together so you can talk privately, the service was very good and all in all we just feel we'll definitely go back to try a new dish. I give it a thumbs up for sure....Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 10/10/2014Spiga is a good local Italian restaurant. The food is fresh and delicious. I ordered chicken soup, a green salad, and a small piece of grilled salmon. One of my friends got a tomato mozzarella salad with prosciutto and the other friend ordered a panini. The service was slow, but the server was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/8/2014Great service by David and always fantastic food by chef Robert. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'go to' place in NeedhamSueMDined on 10/6/2014Spiga is a great little restaurant in an unassuming location just off Highland Ave in Needham. We met up with friends who had not been there before, and they loved it too. I had lobster & clam fra diavalo (normally served with mussels, but there was no issue in meeting my request to swap mussels for clams, since there was a nice clam dish on the menu as well). My husband had a veal chop, which was to die for. Our friends were over the moon for their dishes, as well. For dessert, we had the ricotta soufflé (yum!) and tiramisu. The staff was wonderful - accommodating an allergy to fresh tomatoes in one of our party with an outstanding garlic/lemon alia olio sauce substitution. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing ResturantPdemoreVIPDined on 9/30/2014The staff, food and overall experience is amazing. It is a hidden gem in NeedhamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return to SpigaJudyDined on 9/18/2014This was our third visit to Spiga (hard to find but worth it!). The hostess and waitstaff seemed happy to be there, the atmosphere is pleasant and upbeat and the food was OUTSTANDING, from the salad to the dessert. We ordered two different salads and three different main courses and they were well-presented and delicious. We shared a ricotta souffle for dessert and went home very happy!Special Features:
- MyrnaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Have been to Spiga many times over the years and the food has been consistently excellent Kudos to Chef Robert!!Special Features:
- cheffieVIPDined on 9/5/2014AS always Spiga doesn't disappoint. Everyhting was delicious!Special Features:
- The good and the badjudycDined on 8/27/2014Service excellent. Small portions of food. My grilled onions (part of grilled vegetable plate) were under cooked and tasted like a raw onion. Watermelon gazpacho soup very good.
- Best Italian Food!crazy4goodfoodDined on 8/21/2014always reliable with food quality, flavor and an attentive service from the staff, Tuna was superb. Thank you so much once again.Special Features:
- Spiga a gemMyrnaVIPDined on 8/19/2014We've enjoyed Spiga for many years and have never been disappointed in the quality of food and excellent menu offerings. Their lamb is amazing as well as their salad appetizers. Tuna Shashimi was thoroughly enjoyed by our guest. The Bolognese is a favorite and should remain on the menu forever. Consistently excellent!! Chef Robert and his staff are terrificSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Very nice place for alfresco dining. Loved Bolognese and Bread pudding. We will be back.
- AMAZING!Never2cookVIPDined on 8/16/2014It truly is really excellent here. Great service with great foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotJeremyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Hard not to love this place- friendly staff, tasty panini and a lovely patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninterested HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014I had booked thru Open Table especially because my husband is hearing impaired /disabled. I always request a corner table which usually keeps the noise level manageable for him. We got to Spiga and the Hostess said she had to give the corner tables to other people because they insisted. (to quote her " you know how people are"). We were put by the entrance and near the kitchen. It was not pleasant. She seemed uninterested in what Open Table had said about our reservation and said that this was our table and walked away, end of discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars under the StarsCallistoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had a lovely dinner at Spiga's, dining al fresco there for the first time. They have done nicely setting up their patio area for summer and the tables are well-spaced for privacy. Food and service were top notch as usual!Special Features:
- AwsomeponyDined on 8/6/2014This is the best restaurant my favorite place to dine out the food it amazingSpecial Features:
- Saturday Night at SpigaSullyDined on 8/2/2014This was our first trip to Spiga and my husband and I were not disappointed. My husband ordered the lamb chops and was pleased with how juicy and tasty the meat was. I had the vegetable risotto and also was pleased with my dish. For dessert we shared the Chocolate Trilogy. Extremely rich, creamy and decadent. We had 6 PM reservations but we did not need them as the place was empty. The dining room began to fill up closer to 7. Good service and great experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Some people...accidentalreviewerVIPDined on 8/1/2014A tribute to Spiga for navigating what could have been a dicey situation. We arrived for our reservation on time to find that another group of 6 people had become a group of 20 without letting the restaurant know. The staff were moving tables around to accommodate this party and all the other dinner guests. Despite this unplanned event, the staff were extremely attentive and very accommodating to our small party of 4. We like Spiga a lot and this experience made us appreciate the restaurant even more.
- Little piece of heavenBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a heat meal and dessert complimented by a lovely waitress. We had a great time and expect to be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 468 reviews are from the Spiga Ristorante reviews archive.
- Just okJFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great wines but my appetizers were better than my main course and my husband felt the same way. I had baked eggplant which was very flavorful but impossible to cut into. He had lobster and mussels dish which was a little "fishy." Nice patio in the parking lot. We could hear cars, radios, and smell cigarettes.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerjoewVIPDined on 7/26/20142nd time at Spiga. Food was very good. Service was excellent. They get great bread from a bakery in Concord. Got to go there too to get some bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spiga Ristorante is a hidden gem!maxineDined on 7/26/2014Spiga is hidden behind a strip of businesses, but once there it's nice and quiet - except for the patrons enjoying their delicious food & wine! I think the prices are quite reasonable for the quality & presentation of the food. Outdoor dining in summer is a must - so you have to request when making reservations. Hope I can get back there before summer is over.Special Features:
- Dinner outsideLocalVIPDined on 7/24/2014We've dined here before. Sat outside on a beautiful night with our family. Food and service- excellent.
- Dining AlfresconklwVIPDined on 7/24/2014For the second time in one week we decided to go to Spiga and enjoy the outside patio. The food was as delicious the second evening as it was the first. Flavors were vibrant, portion sizes were excellent. We can't wait to go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place to dine!luvtodine10Dined on 7/18/2014Ambiance was nice, food was good, would have been excellant if care had been taken to serve it hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianMsHappyDined on 7/15/2014As usual, Spiga serves outstanding Italian food with a short, but excellent wine list. I can always count on proseco by the glass here. Their fish and pasta are outstanding. And the risotto of the day is fabulous, consistently .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!PanzanellaDined on 7/15/2014I always enjoy dining at Spiga! Never disappointed!Special Features:
- A little gem in ugly Needham areaFoodfanaticDined on 7/12/2014Spiga is a little gem in the middle of an industrial park. Not easy to locate without GPS and to find the entrance if you park in the back, but worth the effort. Airy and romantic inside, with a patio decorated so beautifully that you forget you're steps away from industry and busy Highland Avenue/Needham Street. We sat on the patio and were blessed with gorgeous weather, great service, and delicious food. All our salads were tasty and fresh, each with a little surprise (a wheel of sweet bacon on two, garlic flat crouton on another). Two of us had the eggplant parmesan in a pastry crust, which was divine. The lamb chops and carbonara were very good. We also shared the amazing bread pudding for dessert (a must have). Will DEFINITELY go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In SuburbsstevefoodieDined on 7/12/2014Mostly all positive. Salmon, roast chicken, veal chop all excellent. Expect veal chop to be in $40 range, delicious, but rather small portion, so not especially good value. Same issue with Triple Chocolate dessert. Service generally excellent and attentive, but slow removing appetizer dishes. Would go back.Special Features: