18 Highland Circle
Needham, MA 02492Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spigaristorante.com/
- Phone: 7814495600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Beer and Wine Served
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert DeSimone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Spiga, we are proud to offer highly personalized private dining event options for our customers. Our staff will work with you to create an individualized menu that will meet and exceed your highest expectations.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how Spiga can work with you to create an event that all of your guests will enjoy and remember.
- Private Party Contact: . 7814495600x
A word from Spiga Ristorante
Benvenuti a Spiga Ristorante, where you will enjoy traditional regional Italian cuisine. By day, Spiga is a casual trattoria, serving simple fare like wood-oven pizza, savory risotto, and hand-crafted panini. By night, copper silk drapes, white linens and shimmering sconces bathe Spiga in a romantic glow. Dine indoors or out, on our sunny, landscaped patio. As in the Italian countryside, ingredients are all produced in house, from the crusty breads and infused oils and vinegars to the handcut pasta. This is big city dining in a comfortable suburban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Spiga Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Needham ›
Spiga Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)fit for foodies (58)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (38)great for lunch (30)romantic (25)notable wine list (13)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The good and the badjudycDined on 8/27/2014Service excellent. Small portions of food. My grilled onions (part of grilled vegetable plate) were under cooked and tasted like a raw onion. Watermelon gazpacho soup very good.
- Best Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014always reliable with food quality, flavor and an attentive service from the staff, Tuna was superb. Thank you so much once again.Special Features:
- Spiga a gemMyrnaVIPDined on 8/19/2014We've enjoyed Spiga for many years and have never been disappointed in the quality of food and excellent menu offerings. Their lamb is amazing as well as their salad appetizers. Tuna Shashimi was thoroughly enjoyed by our guest. The Bolognese is a favorite and should remain on the menu forever. Consistently excellent!! Chef Robert and his staff are terrificSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Very nice place for alfresco dining. Loved Bolognese and Bread pudding. We will be back.
- AMAZING!Never2cookVIPDined on 8/16/2014It truly is really excellent here. Great service with great foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotJeremyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Hard not to love this place- friendly staff, tasty panini and a lovely patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninterested HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014I had booked thru Open Table especially because my husband is hearing impaired /disabled. I always request a corner table which usually keeps the noise level manageable for him. We got to Spiga and the Hostess said she had to give the corner tables to other people because they insisted. (to quote her " you know how people are"). We were put by the entrance and near the kitchen. It was not pleasant. She seemed uninterested in what Open Table had said about our reservation and said that this was our table and walked away, end of discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars under the StarsCallistoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had a lovely dinner at Spiga's, dining al fresco there for the first time. They have done nicely setting up their patio area for summer and the tables are well-spaced for privacy. Food and service were top notch as usual!Special Features:
- AwsomeponyDined on 8/6/2014This is the best restaurant my favorite place to dine out the food it amazingSpecial Features:
- Saturday Night at SpigaSullyDined on 8/2/2014This was our first trip to Spiga and my husband and I were not disappointed. My husband ordered the lamb chops and was pleased with how juicy and tasty the meat was. I had the vegetable risotto and also was pleased with my dish. For dessert we shared the Chocolate Trilogy. Extremely rich, creamy and decadent. We had 6 PM reservations but we did not need them as the place was empty. The dining room began to fill up closer to 7. Good service and great experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Some people...accidentalreviewerVIPDined on 8/1/2014A tribute to Spiga for navigating what could have been a dicey situation. We arrived for our reservation on time to find that another group of 6 people had become a group of 20 without letting the restaurant know. The staff were moving tables around to accommodate this party and all the other dinner guests. Despite this unplanned event, the staff were extremely attentive and very accommodating to our small party of 4. We like Spiga a lot and this experience made us appreciate the restaurant even more.
- Little piece of heavenBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a heat meal and dessert complimented by a lovely waitress. We had a great time and expect to be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great wines but my appetizers were better than my main course and my husband felt the same way. I had baked eggplant which was very flavorful but impossible to cut into. He had lobster and mussels dish which was a little "fishy." Nice patio in the parking lot. We could hear cars, radios, and smell cigarettes.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerjoewVIPDined on 7/26/20142nd time at Spiga. Food was very good. Service was excellent. They get great bread from a bakery in Concord. Got to go there too to get some bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spiga Ristorante is a hidden gem!maxineDined on 7/26/2014Spiga is hidden behind a strip of businesses, but once there it's nice and quiet - except for the patrons enjoying their delicious food & wine! I think the prices are quite reasonable for the quality & presentation of the food. Outdoor dining in summer is a must - so you have to request when making reservations. Hope I can get back there before summer is over.Special Features:
- Dinner outsideLocalVIPDined on 7/24/2014We've dined here before. Sat outside on a beautiful night with our family. Food and service- excellent.
- Dining AlfresconklwVIPDined on 7/24/2014For the second time in one week we decided to go to Spiga and enjoy the outside patio. The food was as delicious the second evening as it was the first. Flavors were vibrant, portion sizes were excellent. We can't wait to go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place to dine!luvtodine10Dined on 7/18/2014Ambiance was nice, food was good, would have been excellant if care had been taken to serve it hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianMsHappyDined on 7/15/2014As usual, Spiga serves outstanding Italian food with a short, but excellent wine list. I can always count on proseco by the glass here. Their fish and pasta are outstanding. And the risotto of the day is fabulous, consistently .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!PanzanellaDined on 7/15/2014I always enjoy dining at Spiga! Never disappointed!Special Features:
- A little gem in ugly Needham areaFoodfanaticDined on 7/12/2014Spiga is a little gem in the middle of an industrial park. Not easy to locate without GPS and to find the entrance if you park in the back, but worth the effort. Airy and romantic inside, with a patio decorated so beautifully that you forget you're steps away from industry and busy Highland Avenue/Needham Street. We sat on the patio and were blessed with gorgeous weather, great service, and delicious food. All our salads were tasty and fresh, each with a little surprise (a wheel of sweet bacon on two, garlic flat crouton on another). Two of us had the eggplant parmesan in a pastry crust, which was divine. The lamb chops and carbonara were very good. We also shared the amazing bread pudding for dessert (a must have). Will DEFINITELY go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In SuburbsstevefoodieDined on 7/12/2014Mostly all positive. Salmon, roast chicken, veal chop all excellent. Expect veal chop to be in $40 range, delicious, but rather small portion, so not especially good value. Same issue with Triple Chocolate dessert. Service generally excellent and attentive, but slow removing appetizer dishes. Would go back.Special Features:
- Fine foodflyfishDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent as always. Service was adequate but hardly all that attentive. Typical of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GardengalDined on 7/5/2014Terrific food!! We have never had a bad meal at Spiga.Special Features:
- Spiga is a hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Thanks to Open Table I found Spiga during a search for a good restaurant in the suburbs. Hidden behind a D'Angelo's sub shop on Highland Ave, I was pleasantly surprised. Not a lot of hype, not big, but cozy, great food, and excellent service. Pleasant wait staff, and everyone helps without being overbearing. Sophisticated Italian food with enough variety to please everyone. I have been several times, with my spouse, family, a girls night out and for work with colleagues for lunch. Each experience has been excellent. Even the owner helps out. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about how the food is prepared and about the wine. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Consistently WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 7/1/2014As we have said on prior reviews, the food is excellent, the staff knowledgeable, attentive and really interested in making sure your experience is superb. This is simply a great gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Italian DiningLarryDined on 6/28/2014Had an opportunity to eat outside on Spiga's terrace a few nights ago. Ambiance was terrific, service was excellent, food was delicious. A beautiful summer night and a wonderful Italian meal.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulPatB1Dined on 6/24/2014I have recommended Spiga to many people. The ambience is good, service is friendly and efficient without being intrusive, and the food is excellent. My son, who is a "foodie" and knows a lot about wine was impressed at the quality of both at Spiga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemFoodie638Dined on 6/19/2014I tried Spiga because of its reviews on Open Table and I was glad that I did. Service was impeccable and the food was great. Prices were a bit higher than what I would have expected though, so you just have to be prepared. The overall experience was great so I didn't mind the pricing too much. If you have never been there, it's planted right in the middle of an industrial parking lot...not where you would expect a restaurant, but they do a great job making their little spot special. Once you are in the restaurant or on the patio you are immersed in the envriornment that they've created. I'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!TouchbaseVIPDined on 6/18/2014We ordered the risotto special, pork chop and bolognese, all were excellent, good wine selection as well. Only small miss was that the tomato and mozzarella appetizer came on a long piece of toasted bread that was extremely difficult to divide, and the balsamic was in a little drizzle on the side of the plate, we would have preferred it to be drizzled right on top. Otherwise, also very tasty. We sat outside on a nice night, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJcubedDined on 6/16/2014We had an excellent dining experience there...food, service, ambience..all top notch!Special Features:
- ComfortingTenaftertenVIPDined on 6/14/2014A great neighborhood spot. Good food and service. Had a bad experience a few years ago service-wise. Left without ever ordering. Both times I've been back have been excellent. Nice outdoor area even though I sat inside. Well worth the trip. A tad pricey but nothing over the top. Bread pudding was great. It was something I never liked as a child and never tried again. Glad I tried it again!Special Features:
- Great FoodDonaldVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is our second visit to Spiga and both times the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian findthebeornVIPDined on 6/12/2014So this is not a big restaurant and you need to make a reservation. Its also not easy to find, located on a small side street in an area that doesn't look it would have a good restaurant. However looks are deceiving and once inside its cozy with great food!! Highly recommended for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Love coming hereLuluDined on 6/11/2014This is a wonderful small restaurant with consistently good food. A little hard to find but worth it..the service is great and friendly. The people who come here are very friendly and fun without going overboard. The outside area in the warm weather is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialJoyceDDined on 6/10/2014This visit was as satisfying as all the others. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbDined on 6/5/2014Our meals were very good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate there twice in one week.DebraFrancesDined on 6/2/2014Food was exceptional and very reasonably priced. Service was also excellent. I just wish I lived closer, but it was definitely worth the 30 minute drive for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm welcome upon arrival!Never2cookVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were 3 elderly women getting together on a very busy Saturday night at Spiga. 2 ladies at the podium greeted us with such warm welcome and seated us at a very nice table. We ordered Eggplant and the Bolognese with nice wines by the glass they offered. Very nice food & service. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply superb!CallistoVIPDined on 5/30/2014Terrific dining experience once again at Spiga's. Our dishes were terrific, and the waitstaff was stellar in their attention and thoughtfulness, as usual!Special Features: