26 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spiegelnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122282894
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Spiegel
Located at the corner of 1st Avenue and 2nd Street with great views of the bustling East Village. We serve a wide selection of Middle Eastern and American favorites. We are open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spiegel reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Tasty foodFodfoodandmorefoodDined on 10/8/2014We had a warm welcome and service with a smile : ) the food was tasty and well presented. We would return when in the area againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Healthy FoodNicholasZoZDined on 9/23/2014Best food I have had yet in New York. I'm a visitor to the state and I am very disappointed by the overwhelming amount of fast food joints. There are few private run restaurants in the area. Spiegel restaurant has tasty healthy dishes at reasonable prices. I had for breakfast great Bureka, coffee and freshly pressed orange juice. I'll be back for more!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!FoodLoversDined on 9/10/2014Spiegel is a wonderful gem located in NYC at the corner of 1st Avenue and 2nd Street. It’s an East Village neighborhood. Portions are huge, so bring an appetite, share, or prepare to ask for a to-go container. It's got great Middle Eastern and traditional American fare, so it's a great place to take friends with less adventurous palates. As others have mentioned, the vegetarian options are plentiful and delicious, while my husband says this is one of the best Fish Tacos places he's ever been to. The Tunisian sandwich is different from any I've ever had, and damn good too. The whole staff is friendly and generous. Do not finish your meal without trying the excellent coffee with a piece of delicious pastry. Both are truly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkHaggisDined on 8/9/201430$ + for 2 small breakfast items plus 2 OJ, no meat, but OJ was great. Very young and inexperienced staff. It was just ok, and only because we had the groupon. It looks like they may have been popped by the Health Department too.
- cute dinner spot but go with sideshangryDined on 8/1/2014My friend got 3 sides (chicken, eggplant with mayo, and cous cous) and they were good and a decent size. When I got the Tunisian with a side of Moroccan carrots, I wish I had followed my friend's lead. The Tunisian was just an odd mix of flavors that unfortunately were not to my liking. The carrots were drenched in the dressing which was completely overpowering — it was to the point that I couldn't have more than 3 which is a shame as I hate wasting food and am usually one with the cleanest of plates at the end of a meal. However, staff was attentive and polite. Looks like I just had bad luck with my choices...very disappointing but stealing some bites from my friend's sides and getting the delicious zucchini fritters made up for it.
- Nice peopledavidjenisonVIPDined on 7/6/2014The staff is amazingly nice, and the spot is beautiful. Only caveat is that the menu lacks an identity. It is a bit all over the place with various types of cuisine. Our food was food, not great, but we did like the place, and would recommend it.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Spiegel reviews archive.