Spice Village Grill
281 Main Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Spice Village Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spicevillagegrill.com/
- Phone: (631) 271-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturaday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian
- Executive Chef: Tabassum Ali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do outside catering minimum 25 people where the food can be picked up but we do not offer wait staff services outside restaurant premises.
A word from Spice Village Grill
Spice Village Grill, located in the heart of Huntington Village, offers the finest South Asian cuisine in the tri-state area. Pakistani Chef/Owner, Tabassum Ali has a passion for creating original, fusion and traditional recipes. He has blended the exotic and aromatic flavors of Moghul cuisine with healthy ingredients, without compromising the taste. His innovative cooking stays true to traditional methods and is influenced by Pakistani/Indian specialties. The succulent kebabs, freshly baked flaky bread and rich curries are a gourmand's delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice Village Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Bas5332@aol.comBabs5332Dined on 11/22/2014The restaurant is small & very cozy. We have been there a few times & the food & service is consistently good. I usually order the chicken tikka but the waitress made another suggestion , combination dish with coriander chicken & ginger chicken. It was very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Corner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is small in size but a terrific alternative to the larger more crowded restaurants that line main street in Huntington Station. I was happy to stumble upon this on Open Table when my first pick didn't have any available reservations. The food was really delicious but you might need some help knowing what to order. It's the type of menu that will benefit from friends and family (or your waiter) recommending certain dishes. We had neither so we winged it on our own and were completely happy with our choices. In fact the portions were big enough to bring a tasting home for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must trytomayVIPDined on 10/10/2014a new take on Indian cuisine, I have been to a couple of other restaurants that try and take Indian food and tweek it- but this one is better than any other I have tried- waitress knew the menu and food choices well, and food was very interesting and very good!- would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentPRC1Dined on 10/4/2014Traditional Indian with a twist; very good if you like to try different foods.Special Features:
- Excellent AS ALWAYS!!Love2EatDined on 9/4/2014Consisyantly excellent food & service!!! Ask for their naan. And you'll prob want to get one extra too! (Aside from their one complimentary with your meal)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious-thumbs up !StephDined on 8/15/2014I must say, this is not the typical Indian food, but their fusion makes it very special. Service was great, no complaints...overall experience thumbs up ! I definitely recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Spice Village Grill reviews archive.
- RuthVIPDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful food--one of my favorite Huntington places to go!Special Features:
- Awesome!Love2EatDined on 7/2/2014Always great, excellent personable service that can walk you through the menu choices. And once you've found your winner, always meets expectations every time! (Try the mulligatawny, channa chaat, and chicken tikka masala. You won't be disappointed). And the complimentary Naan is a great way to start!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good little placeMariaVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was out first time here, and we liked the vibe, the food and the service. The place is very tiny and it was not busy at all for a Sat night (very easy to get a reservation). The service was very friendly and prompt. The food was very good, we shared 2 dishes among 3 of us and it was more than enough. Our only complaint was the bar, my husband wanted a single malt scotch and the had none, the wine selection was limited, and what they did serve was not very good.. still I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for NewbiesFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Good restaurant to take people to who have never eaten Indian food or claim it is too spicy. The staff was very accommodating in helping select both non-spicy and spicy dishes for our party. Chat is a good appetizer to share. The mango chicken is a good tasty choice for those who do not like spicy dishes. The mixed grill was good, but the meat was a little overcooked. Chicken vindaloo was tasty--"medium spicy" is more like mild-medium.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great twist on Pakastani FusionLovelyLinda63Dined on 5/31/2014We LOVE this restaurant. If you like Indian food but are bored by typical places especially the one up the street which has gone downhill (if you live in Huntington, you know what I'm talking about) you will LOVE this place. The appetizers are so unique, the mains are very inventive and I always love the specials. You must make a res - we didn't have one 2 weeks ago and didn't get in! Looks like a neighborhood hole in the wall, but it's NOT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We are very happy with this local Indian/Pakistani restaurant, and are happy to see it prosper. We are an American & Indian born couple, and both are vegetarians. Regular orders: for appetizer - toki chat; for entree: paneer karahi or bindi ka bhujia; cranberry rice.Special Features:
- Awesome goodawesomeeatingDined on 5/3/2014The good was delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and appealing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeAmieDined on 3/23/2014The food was good, we went with a group and the restaurant wasn't noisy, great for conversation. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Thought it was fantastic. The vegan options were wonderful, including the wine! My meat eating boyfriend loved it too so it was a great balance for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very accommodatiFlashDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant was very accommodating and was able to push back our reservation. When we arrived the table was waiting. The restaurant is not very big but it was cozy. The Guava Sangria was excellent as Was all the dishes. The Mango Chicken was especially Good.Special Features:
- Great Drinks -- Mixed offeringsDiningProDined on 2/1/2014The food was all very fresh and nicely presented. Fusion cuisine is generally tricky and is often a "hit or miss" affair. Novel appetizer with chicken and cheddar cheese was surprisingly great -- beautifully spiced. Skewer special with salmon had way too little salmon and too many onions for my taste. Another special with shrimp seemed like an italian fusion attempt with too much tomato sauce and tomatoes -- and not enough flavor. Other dishes were just okay.... drinks were great! The restaurant is "Manhattan narrow" so difficult to maneuver, though situated nicely on a corner with street views. Staff was friendly and eager to please.Special Features:
- Love it, love it, love it!RuthVIPDined on 1/31/2014Love it, love it, love it! The food is always fantastic....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there twice now,RuthVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have been there twice now, and each time the food has been outstanding! Absolutely incredible. Friday night the waitress recommended two items for us--the seafood grill and a spicy lamb dish that was great. My partner and I both agreed that the fish was the best we have ever had, moist, tender, just perfect. The lamb was a great contrast with just the right heat that we love.... The kitchen offered to adjust the seasoning to our desire, but it was perfect. Highly recommended. Try it! You won't be disappointed. The staff were great, too.Special Features:
- Very tasty.AlanDined on 1/10/2014The lamb vindaloo was served exactly as I requested - a little spicy but not overpowering. Would recommend thus place to others who like Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected treasuredreamgoddessVIPDined on 1/8/2014Someone told me to go to Spice Village Grill. I have walked by many times, but never even stopped to look in the restaurant. I was told the food was delicious and I was not disappointed. The menu has many creative options, plus a great lunch menu - all entrees less than $10. The waiter could not have been more attentive. As I told him about my food allergies, he helped me navigate the menu to find options for me. I ended up ordering the mango chicken which was fabulous. My dining companion ordered the avocado dish which came with a salad and looked absolutely amazing. She really liked it!! I can't wait to return with my husband to taste more dishes. The restaurant is small and cozy and would be perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.