Spice - SoHo
177 Prince St
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Spice - SoHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spicethainyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 254-7337
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Chef Mong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Thompson St & Sullivan St
- Public Transit: E & C train to Spring Street Station R train to Prince Street Station Prince St (N, R)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free street parking on Prince Street after 6PM. Parking garage available on Wooster between Prince and Houston. Meter parking available on 6th Avenue.
A word from Spice - SoHo
The boutique restaurant is known for its refined and affordable Thai fusion menu and delicious fresh fruit cocktails that made Spice - SoHo the Thai Hot Spot of the neighborhood. Whether you are stopping by for our lunch specials, happy hour or dinner, peep is always committed to keep you entertained, with seasonal menu additions presented to impress both your eyes and taste. The Eye catching and chic modern design features high mirrored ceiling with lined up chromed chandeliers and our famous award winning one way mirrored bathrooms that you can get to "peep" out your fellow dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice - SoHo reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Service was horribleVKNYVIPDined on 11/14/2014Normally food is good in all Spice restaurants, I usually order for delivery. This time we went with a group of five. The food was good we ordered a lot of dishes but our waitress was very unfriendly with very bad service, we were very suprised since we had to be the highest paying table that night.
- great food!frenchtoastDined on 11/2/2014The food is amazing. Love it. I was just very disappointed in the appearance. When this place was Peep, it was attractive. It just looks like they did not do any refurbishment. They just tore off the decor and gave up. The booths upholstery was coming off. It wasn't the intimate environment I'd hoped for. That and even though it was practically empty, they set us in front of the service station. Every over minute someone was behind me filling forks or opening drawers. None the less, I will be back. Food is too good to stay away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pash123Dined on 10/27/2014Went here for lunch. The ambiance was very nice and the prices were very reasonable. A lot of options for lunch and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Good affordable thai foodoutoftownerDined on 10/24/2014The food is very good and not expensive. The service was responsive. My glass of water was always full. Our table was ready when we arrived.Special Features:
- Dark and incompetentNYfoodyVIPDined on 10/24/2014You need a flashlight to read the menu, but the servers are so incompetent that it doesn't really matter what you order. The effort to be stylish greatly outpaces any attempt to serve interesting and appetizing food, but the service is so bad that the food barely matters anyway. I would never go back to Spice or recommend it to a friend.
- Excellent!!Dinner42Dined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed the food and the martini was exceptional. The restaurant was very pretty, shiny and clean. I would definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- Rude ManagerNickyVIPDined on 10/6/2014I dined here for lunch while in-between business meeting. I ordered a lunch special of stir-fried chicken and asked the waitress instead of jasmine rice if I could have brown rice. No where on the menu did it say there was a substitution charge nor did she say anything. When I got my bill there was another $2 baked into the stir-fried cost to which I questioned. The manager informed me there is a charge for the brown rice and when I said I wouldn't have ordered it then, he gave me a lecture and told me if I ever come back I better know I need to pay extra. I'm fine understanding there is an up charge, but tell me and don't just try to sneak it into the bill unitemized. My advice: check your bill before paying.Special Features:
- Ice coldstwiDined on 8/24/2014Unfortunately it wasn't the beer that was ice cold, but the restaurant itself. The service was very rushed and unfriendly, but I didn't mind as I wanted to get out of the freezer atmosphere as quickly as possible. The food was fine, but not worth the rush ( no reason for this as the restaurant was only about 20% full) or the cold climate. Won't recommend or return.
- Horriblexd0miiDined on 8/7/2014Came in around 7:30 with a friend. We're seated all the way in the back by the kitchen meanwhile the place only had two other tables occupied. We were seated, she wrote her name on a sticky note and put it down on our table. my friend asked for ice for her water, server brought her a separate glass with ice, and left it there. Food came, it was delicious can't complain. Not once did the server come to ask if we were fine, our waters were empty and so was my soda, never was asked if I wanted a refill for either. She took our plates and didn't even ask if we wanted dessert, quickly gave us the check. Felt so rushed. As we were leaving she asked why we tipped so low and how she could improve her service then and there, I laughed.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Spice - SoHo reviews archive.
- Quick, Tasty, Reliable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014My friend and I usually meet here on weekdays for a quick - and super reasonably priced - lunch. Lunch includes an appetizer and is always out in time for us to get back to the office within the hour. Definitely recommend to people who work or shop in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!foodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Spice is one of my favourite restaurants.The food is great and the service at Spice soho is very good! Its a hit for lunch and I would recommend this one to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy and rude personaljulienparisDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant pretends to Be chic, the food is okay but cold when we received it. We did notre finished our glass the waitress came to me for the bill and asked for tips! She refused to take our money until we give her the tips and our glass was still full. Dont recommend.
- Fav spotAdnan92Dined on 5/31/2014I have come here abt 10 times now yet I never get tired of this place. Food is A++ service is outstanding n ambience is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itHaide522Dined on 5/20/2014Came here for the first time for my husband 25th Birthday & the staff was wonderful.. The food was amazing, the enviroment was great & the price was descent.. Will deff keep visiting..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThaiFeedMeeeVIPDined on 5/3/2014One of those spots where I was looking for great Thai and that's what I got. Good prices and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare for long waitsLivCloseByVIPDined on 4/19/2014Even though we had reservations, it took well up to 30 minutes to get seated. I don't think they plan or are aware of how to organize for the incoming customers who have reserved tables. After we finally got seated, we received water right away but the it was a long time before menus or a wait staff person ever approached us. The food is excellent but the attention to detail on customer service is sorely lacking.Special Features:
- Delicious Inexpensive FoodNightOwlDined on 4/16/2014When first entering Spice, I thought to myself, what a nice place. The ambience & decor is cute. We had a variety of appetizers, main courses & dessert, all of which were delicious. And who can beat the price! The lychee martini was on point. I have already recommended this place to my friends and may return for a friend's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerjessDined on 4/12/2014They were accommodating to large groups but the food was not note worthy and vegetarians who asked for vegetarian dishes got chicken in their meal
- the place was very accomadtingSwankybubbles913Dined on 4/5/2014the place was very accomadting with out reservation and the fact that we had a large group. The food came quick we ended up order a bunch of appetizers and a few dinner dishes and the table of 10 shared everything. The lychee martini was out of this world.Special Features:
- Asian with a delightful twistKarriaagzhVIPDined on 1/2/2013We greatly enjoyed the creative food and vibrant atmosphere of this delightful restaurant. A modern take on traditional Asian food, with an attentive server and an elegant but funky atmosphere.Special Features:
- Pop into Peep!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012This place on Prince Street in Soho is called Peep for the bathrooms, so make sure you check them out! The service is fantastic, the food depends on what you order. Sounds odd for a Thai place, but while their pad thai is good, it's not the most outstanding thing on the menu. The lighting is dim (good for dates!), and it's a good place to grab food with a few friends, but space is limited, so it's not a group dining kind of affair.Special Features: