Spice Room - Seattle
4909 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 98118Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Spice Room - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spiceroomseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067257090
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai
- Executive Chef: Dd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: From a party of 10 to a wedding reception of 500, we are capable of providing up to full service catering to accommodate most budgets while leaving a memorable experience. We pride ourselves in providing more than that is expected of us. From planning the event to being the last to leave after cleaning is automatic should the need be for one. Of course, everything is freshly made on the day of the event and on site cooking is an option as well. Please call the restaurant for references. You will be pleasantly surprised.
A word from Spice Room - Seattle
Welcome to Spice Room where Thai food is not only the central part of your special occasion but typically is the special occasion. With focus on spice, balance, detail and variety, our food is prepared to enliven all four Thai taste senses of sweet, salty, sour and spicy. To embody the Thai culture a step closer, we recommend sharing a bowl of rice along with several dishes. Our staff is happy to provide and accommodate any special need or request and to journey along with you on this unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice Room - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Nice Little Spot in Columbia CityRitaVIPDined on 2/3/2013We have enjoyed Spice Room many times since it first opened. I really love the curtained seating areas--quite elegant. The food the most recent time we went was so-so,but it has been quite good on previous occasions.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012we chose a Thursday evening between Christmas and New Years to visit the Spice Room, already one of our favorites. The food was excellent, as always. The owners were working as waiter/waitress this particular evening, as is often the case. They were in the middle of a marital scuffle or something like that. This had the effect of dampening the mood of the restaurant. The male owner also appeared to have a hangover. He described his adorable five-year old daughter as a 'devil in disguise'. Not very auspicious as a parenting style!!! The food was actually marvelous. The comportment of the owners left much to be desired on the particular evening. Beware, visitors notice, at least some visitors. JDMcSpecial Features:
- Hire some staff. This isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2012Hire some staff. This is our 3rd and last try always poor service - what a shame.
- Wanted to love it, as it isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Wanted to love it, as it is so close to our house. We went in on a Saturday night and the crying kids with inattentive parents weren't doing the restaurant any favors. We were sat right next to the kitchen with a short wall separating the kitchen from our table. Normally, I would welcome an open kitchen but the servers were slamming everything in the buss bins and everything coming from the kitchen was just excessively distracting and loud. My shoulder was practically touching the servers as they stood right next to me to ring in every order. I felt I had to lean away... too close for comfort. Our server was friendly but forgot our drinks a few times. The food wasn't bad, but not great. I should have managed my expectations for first visit.
- Good food but inexperiencedPDDoc2Dined on 9/1/2012Good food but inexperienced and lackluster service. Go for the food but don't expect knowledgable or attentive wait-staff.Special Features:
- Love the food, very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2012Love the food, very authentic and full of taste. A stand-out in a city full of Thai restaurants. The only draw-back is the service. I have been several times. They need just one more server. The owner is the bartender, takes orders and rings people up...very difficult to do all those things quickly and efficiently. Needless to say, it's not the quickest service in the world. It is always friendly, though. I am hoping this is all improving, as the last time I was there, it was better.Special Features:
- I really like the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2012I really like the food and ambience at Spice Room - the appetizers were especially good. The main dishes are good, not great. I've been a few times now and service is always spotty.Special Features:
- The 2 Nepalese brothers whoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012The 2 Nepalese brothers who own and run this pan-Asian restaurant have service encoded into their DNA. They designed the interior and are also the wait staff. Expect wonderful, freshly made Thai items that delight the senses The sauces are sophisticated, spicy and very tasty. Great fun in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Child and family friendly and great for special occasions.Special Features:
- A local eatery with excellentSamCVIPDined on 4/3/2012A local eatery with excellent food, delightful wait staff and for us just around the corner. For us, it is a local favoriteSpecial Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012we have been here a few times. food is excellent. concept is excellent. service is superior. we have had an excellent experience each time and keep going back.Special Features:
- Good food & atmosphere butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012Good food & atmosphere but there was mostly just 1 waiter the whole time so the service was slow.Special Features:
- Service could be a bit moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012Service could be a bit more attentive. Otherwise a great restaurant for a neighborhood dinner.Special Features:
- Wait staff could be a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/18/2012Wait staff could be a little more helpful upfront with recommendations. Had the service been more attentive - my party would have had 2 more rounds of drinks.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant and weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2012Very nice restaurant and we enjoyed the ambiance very much. I really liked the decor of Spice Room, from the natural hard reclaimed wood furniture to the ornate goddess carved out of what looked like a tree in the entry. I liked the sheer curtain dividers that they have to separate the tables. We felt like were had our own private entertaining area to enjoy. Service was very fast as we mentioned were had very little time to eat due to a pending show at the Columbia City Theater across the street. Our server took good care of us within the alotted time to get to the next engagement. We were a little disappointed that the bartender had taken the day off (tired after Valentines day) and so the restaurant could only serve beer or wine anSpecial Features:
- Spice Room has a lovely uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Spice Room has a lovely unique interior decor, the food is excellent, and the couple who owns and waits on table are personable and enchanting!Special Features:
- Had wonderful meal with myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Had wonderful meal with my spouse & our neighbors at Spice Room. A very busy night, so service a little slow --but on Valentine's who cares?Food was terrific, staff so very friendly & accommodating. We love the place & go often...as it is nearby to our home.Special Features:
- AMAZING. Fresh, authentic.SeattleartloverDined on 12/31/2011AMAZING. Fresh, authentic. You must try this place. The owners/servers are very nice as well. Very personal touch. Love the veitl/fabric walls between tables. Whimsical and romantic - yet open and fun. We've come in with 15 people and had a ball and just the two of on other occasions. Good food and a good time. Good portions and resonable prices.Special Features:
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2011The dining experience was great. My do betters: the delivery of restocking food items right down the middle of the restaurant was un-expected very un-professional. Also they only had one server present. The service was slow because of this. There were 6 of us so it took awhile. Other than that the food was great once we got it. It is worth trying for yourself.Special Features:
- Below usuals high standardsSamCVIPDined on 12/14/2011We are frequent flyers at this wonderful, neighborhood restaurant For the first time, after many prior visits...it was a way, way off night Food was over salted generally, too much vinegar in salad and not enough in others selections Service was pitifully slow..understaffed??
- Only one server was availableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2011Only one server was available for the entire restaurant. He also took all of the take out orders. This led to a long delay - 45 minutes to get our drinks and order. We ended up boxing our food ourselves since we did not have time to eat it due to another appointment. Overall very disappointing. Prior experiences with this restaurant have not been this bad.
- ExquisiteSeattleartloverDined on 11/18/2011Authentic, fresh ingredients, scintillating flavors, and steller service. This is a place that when you return they remember who you are, when ordering food they suggest dishes and alternates in order to enhance your experience. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. We go back again and again.. a dozen times over this last year and we are NEVER disappointed. Delightful!Special Features:
- Food rating should reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Food rating should really be "N/A", since we were never served. Worst service I have seen in 15 years. After being shown our table, we were completely ignored - nobody took our order, nobody asked if we wanted drinks, etc. Eventually, we walked out of the absurdly noisy restaurant, and had an enjoyable dinner elsewhere.