Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando
407 E. Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spicesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4074819533x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00p,; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fernando Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our Private Dining room that holds up to 40 people not to mention outdoor space. Enjoy your own private door to our enticing patio with an outdoor bar overlooking beautiful Lake Eola. We can accommodate parties of any occasion, please visit our website for more details. Spicesteakhouse.com
- Private Party Contact: Justin Shoener 4074819533x
- Special Events: Visit our website, Spicesteakhouse.com
A word from Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando
Spice Modern Steakhouse serves USDA Choice Certified Angus Beef and is aged a minimum of 4 weeks for maximum flavor. Unique creations like our Bacon Wrapped Shrimp appetizer and 10oz. Center-Cut Filet make up a portion of our menu. Spice Modern Steakhouse"s style, attitude, and flavor have acquired various praise and awards. Full Sushi bar available. Our Award Winning wine list consists of over 225 wines by the bottle. Open for Lunch, Dinner, and Late night until 12:00am. Serving Brunch on Saturday and Sunday until 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (37)great for brunch (22)romantic (19)great for lunch (18)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Very good steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed a nice night out. Our food was very flavorful. My filet cut like butter and was cooked perfectly! I had the bananas foster bread pudding for dessert--YUM. It came with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream oozing over the wonderful warm pudding. Also, our server, Kirsten (sp) was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchkelleysueDined on 8/17/2014From the greeting at the door to the service at the table every staff member we came in contact with was pleasant and accomodating. The food was delicious. I was shocked by the large size of the sushi rolls. Great portions, views and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on SundayRasp01Dined on 8/17/2014Had the brunch. It was pretty good. Best part of it were the Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Spice" up date nightTzogDined on 8/15/2014Our server was very knowledgable of the menu, and friendly. Food was prepared perfectly, and was very flavorful. The view of the Lake Eola Fountain at night was colorful, 9:30pm light show. Menu has varity, most anyone can find something on the menu to eat. I would highly recommend them, and the peppercorn filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDougiefreshDined on 8/14/2014The servers were slow and not very attentive. One of the steaks was cooked medium rare instead of medium well.
- Food Specialszacosborn81112Dined on 8/11/2014We went there and the food was great, however the waitress told us the specials and when we got the bill the pricing for the special ended up being the most expensive the meal on the menu. My wife got Mahi Mahi that was $25 and topped with shrimp scampi that was $16. A little over priced for an addition to a meal when most meals on the menu start at 18 and everything else around 20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceeat4funDined on 8/9/2014Spice never fails to deliver with it's great food and service. Everyone in my party was very pleased with their dish. One of my favorite places to eat in Orlando!Special Features:
- Restaurant ReviewTactlessDined on 8/2/2014II was pleased with the service and atmosphere, unfortunately, the food on the other hand was bland. I had salmon and even the sauce had no flavor. My partner had the steak and it was not seasoned either. On the other hand, the portions were a nice size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerTaylorSDined on 8/1/2014We went to Spice for my college graduation dinner and it was great! I had the salmon and my boyfriend had a fillet. Mine was good, but his was great. As the waiter said, "We ARE a steakhouse!" Creme brûlée was an excellent end to the meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of Lake EolaSatisfiedlilfarmerVIPDined on 7/27/2014We dined in the patio in the middle of summer at 11am-1pm and the temperature was perfect. They kept fans on us and we sat under trees and a umbrella. The ladies wore dresses and the men shorts and polos and the temperature was very bearable. Caveat: we are floridians and used to humidity and sweating a bit Food and drink was a great price point and we we're out of there under $30 for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewSusanDined on 7/27/2014We were a party of 11 celebrating two birthdays with 8 adults and 3 kids ages 5, 8 and 9. Spice has a terrific kids' menu for brunch with prices at $5 and $6. The regular brunch entrees were priced from $8 on up with a lot of choices in the $8-11 range. One of the adults had the Bananas Foster French Toast and loved it. We were all happy with the setting and the servers rearranged the umbrellas to keep the sun off of us. The servers were very attentive.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDinerjb2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had a wonderful experience at Spice. Our waiter, Derek was phenonminal and helped make the expeierence fun and incredibly enjoyable. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch TripMGrayDined on 7/19/2014Great food and location! My only suggestion would be to get mist fans for back porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCOlocalDined on 7/18/2014I wondered why it wasnt very crowded on a Friday night at 830p, now I think I know. In my opinion the food is not up to par. We started our meal with bruchetta, which tasted good, but was cold. The cheese on top was not melted, so it seems that it was undercooked, not simply let to cool off before serving. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli. The presentation was very bland. Yellow pasta, white sauce, white cheese sprinkled on top (again not melted). It tasted like sauce from a jar to me. My husbands steak was good.Special Features:
- Nice evening outLadytjlDined on 7/14/2014We were with a vendor for dinner. We all found the food yummy and the service very attentive.Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014All great! Derek our server was exceptional! Thank you to the chef and staff.Special Features:
- Disappointed!cpdining1Dined on 6/28/2014Brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. Found the menu online, and couldn't wait to try. They had delicious, well prepared food, and our server was great. I got up to ask the hostess to have a birthday dessert brought to my table, and I picked the chocolate chip cookies. When I got my bill, not only did they charge me $7 for the birthday dessert, but also $3 for ice cream, which I didn't even ask for. I also noticed my $8 Pinot Grigio rang up as $10. Didn't want to make a fuss over a few dollars, but what kind of restaurant doesn't comp a birthday dessert? Never happened to me before- very disappointed. All in all, food was great but not sure if I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great experience-beginning to end!FloridaGalDined on 6/28/2014We ate at this Spice on a Saturday night, and the entire evening was great! We requested and were given a table with a view of the lake. Great La Poire martini, large glass. The lobster bisque and French onion soups were not the best we’ve ever had, but were good. We shared a 10 oz. filet and were not charged for splitting the entree. It was very tender and cooked medium rare, as we had requested. The potatoes were a little too spicy for my taste, but the zucchini was good. Our outstanding server Sasuke made fresh decaf coffee for us, and we split an excellent dessert- Bananas Foster bread pudding. The portion was huge! They have very nice outdoor seating with a great view of Lake Eola.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourKerronzVIPDined on 6/26/2014If you just want to pop in for a quick bite on the weekdays after work and catch up with a friend, this is your place. Sushi, flat breads, and wine are discounted until 7:00 P.M.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheTrueCriticDined on 6/20/2014Waitress forgot about us and a waiter had to step in and assist. He eventually forgot about us and after calling him out in a polite way about on not attending to us he stepped up his game. This restaurant was not worth the money charged for dinner. We expected decent service for this "Modern" restaurant.Special Features:
- Just okMaineiac34771Dined on 6/13/2014Location Location Location is about all Spice has going for it. Looking over Lake Eola at night and having a few drinks I'm sure is fantastic. My wife and I chose to sit inside because of the strong chance of rain the night we dined. Our server was exceptionally nice but spoke a little too soft once the music was turned up. Our spinach artichoke dip with the warm flatbread was good but the flatbread outshine the dip so I'm not sure that's a good thing. I ordered the rib eye steak which was cooked perfectly but at $39 it was a bit pricey for a 12 oz. (Manny's Chophouse has the best steak prices). My wife got the Parmesan Chicken which she liked. All sai and done we dropped $110 tip included. Overall food was just ok but not for that price.Special Features:
- Great nightLoveldinnerDined on 5/30/2014Excellent place to celebrate any special occation. Food is amazing and sevice one of the best I have experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyBDined on 5/29/2014Food was perfect, Service was great will definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Changed the menu in bad waysbillsblue73Dined on 5/25/2014Service was great as always. Menu not so great. The crab cakes were really, really bad. Salmon no longer on the lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View!FoodieAshleyVIPDined on 5/18/2014I was really excited to go to this restaurant. When we arrived, they didn't have our reservation in the system (until I showed them my confirmation) or seating outside for 5 (until we told them we were going to a different restaurant) We felt they segregated us, thinking we might not be "big spenders?" The food came out, and some was excellent some was just good. Our service was not good from hostess to waiter... BUT I would come back and sit outside as it is just gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular and scenic viewMcFly5585VIPDined on 5/17/2014Dined in between brunch and dinner hours so it was not very crowded, but crowded enough that the outdoor seating facing the lake was all taken. cool cocktail and martini list- some original drinks with a good wine selection as well. This is the first time, I believe, I have seen baked brie on a restaurant menu and it was very good- nice flaky pastry crust around creamy, melty brie with a raspberry reduction and crackers. I ordered the tuna sashimi salad which was very tasty- I am glad i got the wasabi vinaigrette on the side. We skipped on dessert, but I'd go back and give it a try. I also hear great things about their brunch, so I'd be interested in trying that out.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentJBG8RDined on 5/11/2014I booked a reservation here for Mother's Day hoping to enjoy the beautiful day & view of Lake Eola. When we arrived, the pretentious server informed me outside seating was not guaranteed and we would have to wait 45 minutes if we wanted to sit outside. So instead we squished 8 people in a u-shaped corner booth. Our waiter was not only slow, he brought us coffee without either cream or sweetner. Our drink glasses went empty multiple times and we had to ask him for more. The food was pretty good despite that--but honestly, how hard is it to make a good brunch?? So continues the revolving door for this prime space in DT Orlando...
- Wonderful EveningsummerniteoutDined on 5/10/2014Our dinner was wonderful. Our service was outstanding. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCENICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014THE OUTDOOR DINING WAS VERY ENJOYABLE WITH A GREAT VIEW. SERVICE WAS FRIENDLY AND CHEERY. FOOD AND DRINKS WERE GOOD. OVERALL IS A GREAT CHOICE FOR A RELAXING DAY OUT.Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Spice Modern Steakhouse Downtown Orlando reviews archive.
- Charmed the First TimedCharmedDined on 5/2/2014We were looking for a place downtown that we could have a nice mean before attending a play in the Orlando area. Spice Modern was just the place to start what ending up being a very lovely evening. From the complimentary valet parking, to the great wine and delicious food. Spice Modern fit the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the soup, skip the entreedineredDined on 4/27/2014Both of us had different soups to start. The soups were outstanding. Amazing. So, I would've expected that to be a reflection of the entrée that was yet to come. However, each of our entrées was less than impressive. The 50-50 burger was okay, but the bun was massive and the toppings which included onion rings and cheese overpowered the burger. I wound up taking the top bun off and eating it as an open faced sandwich. The pesto garlic fries that came with it were horrible. Own paper, they sounded fantastic. But when they arrived, they were flavorless, soggy from the all in the pesto, and even a bit still tasting as if they were old fries warmed up. The tomato chutney meant for dipping the fries has very little flavor and was hard to dip.
- Sushi a real treat in d/t OrlandoDocTorVIPDined on 4/26/2014Very nice. Outdoor seating with great view of the Lake. Evening one can enjoy the view and lightshow. Be warned however, on occasion there are seated large groups that often times after a few drinks can become obnoxiously loud... that was our case, as we attempted to enjoy our wonderful sushi, and only go to do so after the noisy table left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "I'll take a box please"need4speedDined on 4/26/2014While making a reservation I made a special note to staff that my party was on a dinner break for 90 minutes. We ordered promptly with no special needs. Our food was brought to us with 10 minutes before we had to leave.Special Features:
- Good steakVictorDined on 4/6/2014Good steak, as I like. Wine list is not really good.Special Features:
- Lake East GemJamesDined on 4/4/2014Great outdoor dinning and ambiance with good food right on Lake Eola in the heart of downtown. The service is always good and just wish that Open Table had the ability to request outdoor dinning since we live nearby and prefer to use the Open Table app rather than call.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening in downtown OrlandoKathySFDined on 3/30/2014We actually chose to eat off the sushi menu, despite the restaurant name. Good selection and everything was good. We chose one wine off the wine list and they didn't have it. Service was a little slow for drink refills, but overall food and atmosphere made it a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My food was okay...partyof11Dined on 3/22/2014Myself and a group of 10 dined at Spice on Saturday evening. The outdoor seating was perfect! We had two servers; one was great, the other was so-so. The so-so one never acted as though she was having a good night - very "ho-hum" and seemed annoyed that we were talking most of the time. Rather than speaking up to tell us the specials, she kept coming back to see if we were done talking. I finally quieted the table for her so she could share the specials. The food came and I enjoyed mine; however, several in my party did not. Almond crusted chicken was dry said one friend, Mahi was overcooked said another. Sushi & appetizers were great (highly recommend the grilled zucchini); drinks were good too. I would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for out of town guestsHolidaydinerDined on 3/22/2014We were looking for a place to show off downtown Orlando and Lake Eola. Spice Restaurant fit the bill to a tea. While it is a "steak" place, we all had chicken dishes and thoroughly enjoyed them. The wait staff is attentive, but not to the point of interferring with dinner or conversation. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great steaks.Melissa299Dined on 3/16/20141st visit to Spice. The server told us steaks are "amazing"- hand cut and aged. I had the filet and my husband the new York strip. They were both really bad. My was way overcooked and they were both tough. We have had better at OutBack for a third of the price. The outdoor dining and view was amazing, so we enjoyed our evening anyway. I would order a sushi roll and glass of wine . Server was good.Special Features:
- Below AveragepamelaDined on 3/13/2014We went to Spice after we heard about the view from the patio. Made a reservation. Upon arrival we were told not enough servers so we would have to wait. The bar area is somewhat small. Took quite a while to get a cocktail. When we asked for limes for our cocktails we were informed no limes. When we were finally escorted to our table the bench seating was covered in food crumbs. The hostess saw it and didn't clean it but she gave me a rag to do it. Our server was good and she was accommodating. The food was OK. Not worth the price and with so many quality restaurants to choose from in the Orlando area. I would recommend it when you want to sit outside and be on the lake and enjoy a few cocktails and appetizers.Special Features: