403 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spicemarketnewyork.com/
- Phone: 2126752322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Daily 11:30am - 5:30pm DINNER:Sunday - Wednesday; 5:30pm - 12am, Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Did you know we have 7 Semi Private & Private Alcove Rooms?
For more information call 646-747-8380.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10 guests or to inquire about private party functions, please contact Anne Couvreux at 646-747-8380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Spice Market
Jean-George's Spice Market features cuisine inspired from the street food of South Eastern Asia. The exotic design and atmosphere transport guests to a far away location and make for a special dining experience.Continued
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spice Market - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Spice Market reviews from OpenTable diners
870 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (426)fit for foodies (424)special occasion (389)good for groups (355)romantic (325)vibrant bar scene (218)neighborhood gem (215)late-night find (178)great for outdoor dining (136)great for lunch (129)great for brunch (74)notable wine list (72)scenic view (58)kid-friendly (31)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Sunday nite at 7pm for a Birthday dinner, Atmosphere amazing, The food was melts in your mouth, a kick but not too spicy. The service was fantastic, Highly reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great and surprisingly flavorful with many nuances making every dish a highlight! The waiter was wonderful. Ginger Margerita was surprisingly delicious! thank you made 4 Portuguese ladies very happy and leaving the country with a dire desire to come back!Special Features:
- Amazing taste experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We love coming to Spice Market when we are in NYC. Vivid ambiance, nice music, a lot of people in different ages. We had a fantastic lobster summer roll, red curry duck and grilled chicken with citrus lemongrass dressing that was super good. The best was the spicy Thai slaw. To die for, an explosion of flavors. Perfect balance of hot, sour and sweet.Special Features:
- CatherineDined on 9/13/2014Visited Spice Market two years ago and feel that the food was better then. Good service but no food experience. Ginger margarita was good though
- AMAZING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Tout était parfait : l'ambiance, le décor, le service et la nourriture... évidemment! Best asian food ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening with great foodBlombergDined on 9/13/2014We all had a fantastic evening and i´ll be back soon. The food is very good, outstanding service and perfect location.Special Features:
- Romantic to fastWBDenmarkDined on 9/12/2014Super hype place, you're feelling Warm and welcome, really nice food, but it is served way to fast...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Loved the Asian Slaw and the Shrimp app. Also the Chicken Samosas and yummy dipping sauce. Loved the fact people can share the dishes and you never know what dish is coming out next.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic but trying to find my waiter and getting any service was almost impossible. I called the restaurant too also to tell them to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday and they failed miserably. Would never go again.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAlisaDined on 9/12/2014We went to dinner here on Friday as a group of 4. The food here is excellent! Ambiance is excellent. Awesome experience!Special Features:
- DinnerdisgruntledDined on 9/12/2014my wife and i are frequent diners at Spice Market. Although we were disappointed Friday with the starters menue (lobster roll), the drinks were great and the halibut was amazing as usual. I don't understand why the restaurant dropped the Octopus appetizer from their menue - it was our favorite? The service as always was excellen and this time the kitchen was timely with their preparations. Few weeks ago, we were four and had to wait for more than an hour for our meals, we literally ate separately as we were jot served simulteously. We still love the food and will continue to dine at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhill fastMattVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were regular customers, but we won't be anymore. They recently changed the cocktail menu, for the worse. Service was lousy. Drinks sat empty for long periods of time. One appetizer was forgotten, and the other appetizer (mushroom egg rolls) were terrible. At one point, the server swang by the the table and asked how the mushroom egg rolls were (as they sat there half eaten 15 minutes after they came out of the kitchen). I responded, "Not good." She didn't acknowledge what I said and just kept walking. I have $20 that says this place is out of business by the end of 2015.
- DisappointingNigelCo2Dined on 9/12/2014Was excited to try the restaurant. Cocktails were different & enjoyable. Menu seemed exciting but wee were left unimpressed. Pork buns were super. Lobster summer roll was tasteless except for the excessive use of dill. Pork vindaloo was quite tasty but still lacked heat. Red Curried duck was most disappointing. Dredged in a thick, gooey brown sauce, it lacked finesse & delicacy. A strange aftertaste too. One of the rice dishes topped with a fried egg was strange & disappointing. Maybe we picked the wrong dishes. Staff were attentive & professional. Restaurant has a interesting & vibrant feel. Cuisine needs attention thoughSpecial Features:
- Lovely spaceEchoDined on 9/12/2014Spice Market brought out that Southeast Asia ambiance very well. The menu was a bit of fusion with some Thai, Malaysian, Japanese, Indian and Chinese influence. The portion was small but delightful.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesFarCJDined on 9/11/2014What a great restaurant! The decoration is beautiful. The food is unique, delicious and very creative. The service is excellent. We took the chef's choice tasting menu and we were very happy with our choice. The portions are very reasonably sized for a tasting menu. The flavours are amazing. I still dream of their salmon tartare! If I ever go back to NY, I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealJocyMDined on 9/11/2014I split a few dishes with a friend. We got the samosas to start, followed by the duck curry, coconut sticky rice, and broccoli with corn. Everything was amazing. I loved the fact that they weren't afraid to make the food very spicy - and even though it was hot, the dishes were never overpowered by the spice. The service was also excellent - very attentive and quick. I will definitely encourage people to try out this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise above the food!champagnebillyDined on 9/11/2014First and foremost the food was fabulous, I tasted everything brought to the table and enjoyed every bite. Loved the Pork belly buns and the chicken satay especially. My only problem was it was too loud to have a reasonable conversation, but would go there again.
- Returning customers to spice marketOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We have been to spice market many times and regularly recommend it to friends or bring visitor. Atmosphere is always great, as is the food. This time the service was disappointing solely due to our waiter (Daniel). He was unfriendly, unenthusiastic and uncaring. We didn't let it ruin our night but we expect better from spice market. Told the hostess on the way out. Really hope this was addressed with the waiter in question, as we we would hate for this place to stop being one of our go-tos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014The food is great but for the prices and level of establishment, the service was really poor. They took dirty silverware off of our plates and put the dirty knives and forks on the table cloth between courses. The server was not friendly and seemed annoyed that he had to be there. The food is so good though - Particularly the duck curry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A series of unfortunate events!SamanthaDined on 9/10/2014Our reservation was for 9:45. We arrived on time and waiting almost an hour to be seated, they were behind on time and we were advised on arrival that they were 'just clearing some tables' once seated the table service provided was satisfactory as was the food, however, the birthday girl's meal arrived 20min after the rest of the party & her requested 'white rice' was brown... The restaurant kindly facilitated the serving of the cake we had bought. I can say apart from the late seating, late food arrival of BDG's meal (fish does not take long to prepare), order mistakes, staff throwing away the carrier bag for the cake & the strawberry topping! It was an mediocre evening. I will add that the restaurant decor and ambience is beautiful.Special Features:
- one of the best restaurants in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I love this place and I can confidentially recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Unorganised..not worth the waitFoodiefatoomVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had a reservation for 9 30 . Got there at 9 25 was told they were a couple of minutes late and to wait at the bar . The bar was so full there was hardly space to stand - we checked at 9 45 again and were told it would be a "couple of minutes" .. Finally at 10 I had to go up to the hostess again and this time they seated us ..once the menus arrived the server was good and the food was ok .. If you are ok with quite spicy food . Service was fine but would not go back as I prefer restaurants which respect the reservation time . Doubt if they would have accommodated us if we were 30 mins lateSpecial Features:
- Charming placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014I don't like meatpacking very much but the ambiance and decoration of this restaurant is fantastic. I has a feel of Far East delights, not only culinary but the whole experience.Special Features:
- Spice Market is a must!!!!FoodiePilotDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I attended Spice Market in the middle of the week and it was lively. Parking is a bit hard to find in the Meat Packing District, but other than that it's a restaurant to add to my list. Upon entering we had no issues with the receptionist. Everyone was curtious and friendly, wait staff was knowledgeable with the menu and wine list. Food took a little bit to come out but that's because most if not all are made to order so it's best to get some apps so you don't starve. Food was good, drinks were great... If you like margaritas, try the ginger margarita!!! Overall it was a great evening and we ended the night with a celebrity citing whom was also having dinner at Spice Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveninggreatvibeDined on 9/9/2014Took my wife to Spice Market for her birthday and I must say she was impressed. The service, atmosphere, and food exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance.AlyeahSDined on 9/9/2014I've now visited Spice Market in NYC, London, and Melbourne - each it's own but all provide 100% Re food and ambiance. Good place to grab a bite or drink with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice asian mixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014This was a very nice experience indeed! We only had appetizers but quite a few of them. All were very good and some excellent, I really recommend this way to get a taste of several different dishes. Service witout complaints!
- New experiences in foodJavierMolcasDined on 9/7/2014Nice to try new flavors and Asiatic food. The degustarion menu was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceHfromCalgaryDined on 9/7/2014The atmosphere was great, vibrant yet comfortable. The service was attentive, yet not in your face. The food was delicious, not overpriced. I will be back,and I will recommend it to my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing..CarlosDined on 9/7/2014Overall we had a very disappointing experience here. At entry we were asked to take place at the bar, where we were forgotten. After 30 minutes and asking again, we were seated. Apparently our waitress had the explicit instruction not to smile during the entire evening. Food was served when ready, not when the party was ready for the next course. Furthermore, the table was too small to hold both the plates and the drinks. The contrast to earlier experience at this restaurant was large, probably we won't come back again.
- The full Meatpacking experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014Spice Market is trendy with a great vibe. The food, cocktails, and service are all fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service Sets It ApartOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The pork belly buns were delicious. The 16-oz ribeye was, surprisingly (for an asian restaurant), perfectly cooked and expertly complimented with a sweet, peppery sauce. The music was loungey and upbeat, and the decor and design made being inside relaxing, interesting and special. But what really makes Spice Market a great restaurant is the friendly, courteous service. All the smiles of your neighborhood bistro and personal attention of fine dining with none of the pretense or stuffiness. We paid both our bar tab and our dinner bill with a gift card and it was as seamless as if we'd paid with a credit card. With service like that, Spice Market's other charms shine through, and we'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Locationfoodie174Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is amazing. The food is always great no matter what you order and the service is good too. Try the signature drink (ginger margarita), it's amazing!!Special Features:
- Top class service!StoffDined on 9/6/2014We went for our anniversary and the tasting menu has some interesting, but mainly delicious options. The service was probably the best I've ever had...so attentive! Good ambiance, great setting and perfect for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBerndDined on 9/6/2014We got a gift card from a friend, not knowing anything about Spice Market. We were surprised about everything - the ambiance, food, waiters, bar and so on. The restaurant is a little between Arabic and Asian style, very interesting. Although we came at 6pm, after 1/2 hour the restaurant was full packed. Very nice and warm welcome, nice tables with not too much light, sometimes the music was a little loud. We would definitely recommend the restaurant to others and will come back. We had our anniversary, and as a surprise they baked a cake for us and gave it to us as a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatableDined on 9/5/2014We had such a lovely evening at Spice Temple. The staff were approachable and attentive. The food we ordered was delicious and faultless. Spice Temple is also in the best spot, close to an amazing nightlife if you want to party on after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLL3Dined on 9/5/2014We were a party of 6. The food was great; our original waitress was having a super bad day! We were happy when we had a waiter who jumped in and saved the day. Our water attendant also was stellar! Hope they both get promoted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantVinckaDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is really typic, very nice indoor decor. But we didn't appreciate the method of service, where dishes comes out as they are prepared and have to be shared on the table. Appetizer, drinks and starters were served at the same moment and it was unpleasant. Food was good, but too much coriander for us... We especially recommend this restaurant as it is very nice and very warm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBEASTDined on 9/4/2014Service is fantastic and friendly, and the food is great. Lobster and halibut were wonderful. Very nice decor. Will return.Special Features:
- Terrific Food, Uneven ServiceMontclairVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food and cocktails were terrific as always. However we hit a significant snag with the service - our "front" server was fine, but drinks came out one at a time rather than both together, which set the stage for dinner being poorly timed and ineptly served. That was unpleasant and disappointing, especially since the service here is generally quite good and the method of service - dishes come out as they are prepared and are shared by table - is a pleasant way to dine. We waited close to 1/2 hour for our first and then four additional dishes came in rapid succession: completely overwhelming. Even worse, they started clearing dishes that we not yet had a chance to use.Special Features: