403 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spicemarketnewyork.com/
- Phone: 2126752322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Daily 11:30am - 5:30pm DINNER:Sunday - Wednesday; 5:30pm - 12am, Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Did you know we have 7 Semi Private & Private Alcove Rooms?
For more information call 646-747-8380.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10 guests or to inquire about private party functions, please contact Anne Couvreux at 646-747-8380 or email@example.com
A word from Spice Market
Jean-George's Spice Market features cuisine inspired from the street food of South Eastern Asia. The exotic design and atmosphere transport guests to a far away location and make for a special dining experience.Continued
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spice Market - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Spice Market reviews from OpenTable diners
900 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (446)hot spot (443)special occasion (378)good for groups (372)romantic (312)neighborhood gem (217)vibrant bar scene (214)late-night find (183)great for outdoor dining (131)great for lunch (125)notable wine list (64)great for brunch (58)scenic view (47)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The flavors very not mixed very well, some of the food was not cooked to its optimal texture and taste (short rib was too firm, brussel sprouts were too burnt). Disappointing overall, would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014From the moment you walk in, this place is great! The food is amazing -- served in smaller portions (like tapas style). The Pork belly was to die for! I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frist time, last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014We went there for my birthday and we were disapointed when the manager told us about the gratuity we leave. She came on our table in front of all our guests and she began to complain, what a shame ! The service wasn't so nice. Every Plate were came not At the same time. It was impossible to eat together. First guest served and the last 15 minutes later, bad... First time last time No commentSpecial Features:
- Great food.PammyDined on 10/21/2014I just LOVE the food and cocktails there. Totally my taste. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- fun and delicious!WelovefoodDined on 10/21/2014despite being around for some time, this place still seems as trendy (in a good way!) as ever, the food is extremely flavorful, and the service was truly outstanding. I would bring a big group here without a worry.Special Features:
- rethink the winesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014we choose a menu with wine pairing, the food was good (not terrific but good) but the wines were undrinkable, a real shameSpecial Features:
- It Lost its mojoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2014We tried the chef's tasting menu and from the eight dishes only one was really good, five were ok and two were bad. Nothing memorable.
- Not Authentic Vietnamese/ThaiNYCdivasDined on 10/19/2014We has the lobster summer rolls, cauliflower dumplings, crab noodles, crispy pork belly and red duck curry. Starters and noodles were ok and we enjoyed the crab noodles the best. The crispy pork belly was chewy and pork fat was liquidy. Red duck curry had none of the usual fragrant aromas expected in Thai cooking. The first taste was a mouthful of salt followed by a weird burning on the front of the tongue. Inedible. We would highly recommend the ginger margarita .... And plenty of them. We were not asked the customary 'is everything ok' and the wait staff did not question why our food was virtually untouched. We commented to the staff about our red duck curry and there was no interest in our poor experience. We left underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Where's the SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Honestly we had heard great reviews of the restaurant and wanted to try it out. We specifically waited until our last night in NYC cause we were expecting something off the charts. Although we felt the portions were generous, everything seemed to lack flavor! We said we liked HOT / Spicy dishes and were recommended a few but what we got lacked any heat at all. The setting Yes is beautiful, didn't live up to its name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!SilouDined on 10/19/2014Excellent! Thank you for the wonderfull evening! Service, food, music.....perfect!Special Features:
- still great spottesssVIPDined on 10/18/2014excellent service. Very good food and decor. Not my first time there and each time i have a great experience.Special Features:
- pleasant placepaschoalrDined on 10/18/2014The lobster had no spice at all. Service was real slow, specially on beverages. The dessert were great, so as the crisp pork belly. Too dark ambience to even read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014this a very good and popular restaurant! book table early. noisy but great food! will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Loud music disrupted entire eveningdineoutlessandlessDined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 5:30pm. Even at that early dining hour the music was pumping loudly as if we were in a disco. The mix on the music had the base levels set way too high. We weren't even able to hear our waitress go over the specials for the evening. We requested the music be turned down and they did not accommodate us. Awful. Fantastic food, gorgeous restaurant that management is treating like a disco. We've been to this restaurant 6 times and this sound problem will keep us away for good.Special Features:
- Excellent!SpottyDined on 10/18/2014A cool restaurant, with a great ambience. The service was exceptional as was the food. Recommend the Brussels Sprouts side-the honey and lemongrass combination amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I am so glad my boyfriend and I chose to go to Spice Market on our recent visit to NYC. It was without a doubt an amazing choice! We were seated in comfy leather seats in the corner of the room which made it romantic and comfortable. We both did the tasting menu (which I highly recommend). The food was amazing. The price wasn't bad. The service was great. I give this place two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere!morangolDined on 10/17/2014once you enter spice market, u know that u are in New York. the food is great, but i was disappointed from the main dish with the green curry. i hardly ate anything, and the waiter did not ask what is wrong, just took it away...Special Features:
- Great food, little bit priceyJoostDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant looks lovely, the food is really great and it's quite an experience to eat here. There's just one thing on the downside: the portions are small, especially when you compare it with the price you pay for it.
- MrBWDined on 10/16/2014Spice Market has quickly become one of my favourite restaurants in nyc. I've been there 3 times now, and the quality of food and service remains consistently excellent. I recommend the black pepper shrimp, the chucken satay as well as the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kobeDined on 10/16/2014A vast space, some of it quite lovely, with what feels like an army of servers bringing forth gigantic plates of food. Most of it was good and some very good, although too many fried items appear on the menu, to the exclusion of fresh items. But no wonder. It feels like an industrial operation churning out hundreds of meals each evening. Still, I can't complain about the location or the vibe.Special Features:
- absolutely fabSaamariDined on 10/15/2014love fusion kitchen -- and spice market does it really well. Great expreince -- even the two teenagers loved it. This is must doSpecial Features:
- Food tasteJohn222VIPDined on 10/15/2014Worst restaurant in new york!!! I had the worst food ever! Just spicy with no tasteSpecial Features:
- Classicfre63dDined on 10/15/2014one of the places where you know ecerything will be fine. Small changes in the menu, ecerything best qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, vibrant bar sceneLynellVIPDined on 10/15/2014As always, the food never disappoints at Spice MarketSpecial Features:
- YumYumDined on 10/14/2014great food but sooo noisy could not here my table partner until we moved downstairs ; tables verry close to ea other. All else great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never come backJulianaDined on 10/14/2014I really regret going to spice market. The service was terrible! I had to ask for chips twice, then my husbands order came several minutes before mine. He kept waiting for my order to come and then had a cold meal. The food was not that great either. Don't waste your time there.
- RemarkableProfessorDined on 10/13/2014Spice Market is my favorite restaurant in the city--my husband's also. The food is fresh, creatively prepared, and singular--no other restaurant has these flavors. I will go back there as long as it exists. I introduced my daughter to this restaurant. She introduced her friends, and so it goes. It's hard to get a reservation, but worth the aggravation. The food is well-timed so that you don't feel rushed or waiting too long for a course. A good meal should last two hours and if you do an appetizer, main, and dessert, those two hours go by very quickly. Almost perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantNewYorkGirlsDined on 10/13/2014Spice Market has been recommended to us and it was the best we could have done at our last Night in New York. We will Return to Spice Market when we will Visit New York again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great place to share a dinner with friends. Lively atmosphere and trendySpecial Features:
- livetoeatDined on 10/12/2014While they do take reservations, it's amazing that they knew where to find us when our table was ready. Although, we stuck really close to the host station. It's a little chaotic. The music was a bit loud. Glad we were seated downstairs; the music was less of an assault to the ears. The food was great, although they placed a emphasis on the food being meant to share, but that really depends on what you order. The portion size for some items was too small to share. Service was very good as well. Although, we inidcated when we made the reservation that it was a wedding anniversary. They never acknowledged it; not even a happy anniversary from the server. That was disappointing. Definitely would go again, but not for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, not perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is absolutely beautiful. Has a great vibrant scene. Hostess and bar staff were lovely. The table service was a little odd. Firstly, the waitress almost insisted we share everything, which works great for some dishes. It REALLY doesn't work for others. Weirdest of all was the bus staff. They seemed OBSESSED with clearing things. Like, taking things out of our hands before we finished them. Three times we had to tell them we weren't finished with something. It seemed like the kitchen was short on dishes and they were desperate to get them back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaypartyHansDined on 10/12/2014We were lucky that we were seated with 6 people in a little kind of private cave. I felt like being in Marrakech. Super nice staff, delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Amazingfoodie4lyfeDined on 10/11/2014Perfect date night spot. Amazing food, great drinks, and amazing ambience. They played lounge-type music which was the perfect accompaniment to the beautiful decor. DEFINITELY A GO TO SPOT!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014New place on my list, places i have to visit again!Special Features:
- Has it all!VCB89VIPDined on 10/11/2014I could not get over how amazing this restaurant was. As soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in a new country. Everything is beautiful and spectacular. The food is so delicious. Every plate has a particular Asian spice in it. One of my favorite restaurants to date. I had the tasting menu, and the only complaint I have is that the food came to the table too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible!!ACupVIPDined on 10/11/2014The beef satay, shrimp cakes and red snapper were the best I've ever had .... And I've travelled the world over. I highly recommend this as one of the best restaurants in the world .... A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AmbianceCMaxxVIPDined on 10/11/2014I had been to Spice Market twice before, but I really wanted my friends to experience it. So we went for one of the friends' birthday. We had a wonderful time! The food was exceptional--not one dish was iffy. All four of us had at least one dish or sauce or garnish that we raved about. The Spicy Chicken Samosas were the bomb as were the fried chicken wings--but ask for the sauce on the side. It is REALLY hot (and I can handle heat). Char grilled chicken, passion fruit sangria, ginger fried rice, I could go on. All top notch. Oh, everything is served family style - big portions enough to share, so don't over order like we did. Wayyy too much food in the end but soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Fantastic food choices on brunch menu.... I highly reco the waffles with coconut !Special Features:
- ArnieDined on 10/10/2014The service was fine and the prices fair. Can't say we enjoyed the food.The restaurant is very dark and no one offered reading lights for the menu. Very poor judgement insofar as management. Not sure what our food looked like.
- Authentic AmbienceshiumaieatsDined on 10/10/2014I was first struck by the interior of the Southeast Asian "palace" with a twisting stairway leading into the 'underground' level of the double height restaurant - mosaic tile columns, delicate netted lamps ceiling lamps and wood carvings. I would recommend going with a group of 5-6 in order to get a seating by the sofas or at a long table for tapas style. The portions were disappointingly small. The red duck curry (amazing by the way) - pot of curry sauce and a half bowl of rice. The waitress was patient with our order. I would go back for the $25 3-course lunch special and see what the day time ambiance is like then!Special Features: