403 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spicemarketnewyork.com/
- Phone: (212) 675-2322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Daily 11:30am - 5:30pm DINNER:Sunday - Wednesday; 5:30pm - 12am, Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Did you know we have 7 Semi Private & Private Alcove Rooms?
For more information call 646-747-8380.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10 guests or to inquire about private party functions, please contact Kristine Mallari at 646-747-8380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Spice Market
Jean-George's Spice Market features cuisine inspired from the street food of South Eastern Asia. The exotic design and atmosphere transport guests to a far away location and make for a special dining experience.Continued
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spice Market - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Spice Market reviews from OpenTable diners
881 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (471)hot spot (443)good for groups (387)special occasion (371)romantic (311)neighborhood gem (213)vibrant bar scene (206)late-night find (187)great for lunch (126)great for outdoor dining (102)great for brunch (60)notable wine list (58)scenic view (43)kid-friendly (27)Show More
- The restauran is great and fabolous foodChessmasterDined on 11/26/2014The ambience, music, etc was great, the only problem we had was the lack of service. The serve us the apperitives and the wine at the same time, but besides that ,everySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRandycVIPDined on 11/26/2014Spice Market is always great! Consistent food, incredible atmosphere. A must in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected a lot moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014Their boneless baby back ribs are Devine. Probably the best ribs I have had. Unfortunately their lobster entree was just as bad and not worth $40. It was over powered by garlic.
- Spice-less MojitosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014Took my loved one there for a birthday celebration. Vibrant and romantic atmosphere. The waitress was very sweet and attentive and gave us the time to explain items on the menu. We started with cocktails (Mojitos) mediocre, more like a refreshing lime mint juice than a yummy rum cocktail. The pepper shrimp appetizer with sun dried pineapple was exotic and delicious. The main dishes suggested by the waitress (cod and salmon) were beautifully plated and well prepared, exquisite to the palette. On the other hand, the beet salad was too sweet to suffice as a savory side dish, lacking the earthy taste of the root vegetable. All in all a pleasant experience but will probably walk back rather than run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice last night in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Great way to spend our last night in New York. The food was delicious and service was great! Would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely magnificent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Went on recommendation and will send my friend flowers. Absolutely stunning! From the design to staff, cocktails and even birthday surprise! The food is subtle, pad THAI best I've ever had, duck curry as smooth as velvet and the shrimps with pineapple knocked us off our feet. I am a passionate cook and specialise in Asian food, I will definitely take a leaf out of the Spice Market book for my future creations in the kitchen! I just want to go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrvashiGUrvashiGDined on 11/23/2014Excellent food. The beets and yogurt salad, pumpkin and tofu fried rice and seasonal vegetable green curry were particularly good. The service could have been better but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Again!KellyDined on 11/22/2014Went to the Spice Market on a Saturday night with a group of girls visiting NYC for a girls' weekend. We had found this place last year and loved it. The ginger margaritas are to die for. We have tried to replicate them many times over the last 12 months. The food and atmosphere were awesome, too. Really cool vibe. So, when planning our trip this year, going back here was a no-brainer. Once again, we were impressed with every aspect from service, to music, to the ginger margaritas, to the food. The chicken satay is the best I have ever had and the samosas were incredible. We had a blast and probably will never visit the city without dining here. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food beyond outstandingkerryDined on 11/22/2014We are all foodies, and we absolutely loved the Spice Market. Cool feeling to the space -- the music was perfect for the atmosphere, but the food is the reason we're going back. People at our table were literally moaning and gasping with each new dish. We all had the sampling menu, and the quality of the ingredients and the flavors were just top shelf. Best NYC dinner in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeKgagDined on 11/22/2014Took friends from FL and blown away, great food, cod fish was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice Market is one of the best restaurant in NY !MartinKDined on 11/22/2014Spice Market is one of the best restaurant in New York, we come here for special occasions with my girlfriend. Definitely try the Testing MenuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Te food was ok and the ambiance was nice. Unfortunately, the service was not good, the attention from the waiter was severely lacking which ruined the overall experience.
- Amazing place. Not to miss if you go to NY.SupergenDined on 11/21/2014I had an excellent evening at the Spice Market. The atmosphere was great, the decoration outstanding and the food was magnificiant, for a very reasonnable price. The only little shadow I found was the too rapid speed of service which slowed down when we said that we weren't in a rush.Special Features:
- Spice Market was a great finddrmacDined on 11/21/2014Made reservations and got there early. Hung out at the bar. The only thing was the bar stools at the bar were incomfortable..nowhere to put your feet. Wasn't sure what to expect with food but was pleasantly surprised. The tasting menu was filling, tasty and they were accomodating to GF options. We loved the atmosphere. Will definitely go there again on next trip to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit overratedBlondieDined on 11/21/2014The hostee was not very nice so right off the bat, I was not pleased. The service was terrific after that. The food was good and was not expensive. I thought that the good would be much better. The decor was nice and different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant! It has a very cool ambience, and the food is quite creative and suprising. If you are interested in trying Asian food with a twist, I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- design & spicemalinDined on 11/20/2014Very spicey / flavoured food. Very nice intetior design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant service, food was amazing!LaineDined on 11/20/2014The restaurant itself had a great atmosphere. Service was excellent. Food was amazing and great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceKimleblancDined on 11/20/2014After all the bad service reviews we were a little bit scared. Not necessary: our water was nice and helpen us with our choices. The food was wonderfull! Definitely will come back next timen NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014My wife and I had an amazing dinner here on our first night in New York. We had the tasting menu, and everything was excellent! Great way to try many items and get a feel for the tastes of the restaurant. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where's the spice?bubblesDined on 11/19/2014Well designed interior not supported by it's kitchen. Food is no where close to what you'd expect to find in one of NYC's finest restaurants. Additionally, the waitresses in their Dream of Jeannie outfits makes one feel as though one is eating in a Disney Land cafe This is a restaurant with robust prices that should have food driving it not gimmickry How disappointing ...it certainly is not Vong. Next time I am in the area I think I'll go back to Perry Street.Special Features:
- cosy and nice but food was boringZornkullanDined on 11/17/2014The place feels cosy and modern - a hip place to be, but unfortunately that is all . The food was boring and it seems that they have more focus on the surface than on the main thing - the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAndreaDined on 11/16/2014Everything we tried was excellent. I had the Raw Platter. The tastes and textures were all amazing and unexpected. It felt like having a party in my mouth. Then we had the marshmallow chocolate mousse with ginger ice cream. Again, the mixture of flavors and textures was fabulous. The only down side of the restaurant was the lighting. We could barely see wha we were eating. We had to take our cell phones out to fully experience out dishes. They try to make to romantic but it is way too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & food, amazing spotMatthiasDined on 11/16/2014Super food, interesting menu, good drinks and trendy peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice Market is the best restaurant in Manhattan!Laur245VIPDined on 11/16/2014The food is absolutely phenomenal, the atmosphere is outstanding and the experience is one that keeps you coming again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special restaurant for a special eveningNick23Dined on 11/15/2014We spend some days in New York and for our last night we went out to spice market. It is a very special place. Please tast the surprise menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedgoodwdavDined on 11/15/2014A wonderful place which never disappoints. A very vibrant atmosphere with excellent food. Just be careful to make a reservation well in advance to secure your occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014What a great place. The decor was amazing, th food delicious and the service excellent. Elderflower gimlet was the perfect cocktail. This was a treat for us and I will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk the Hi-Line, then enjoy the Spice MarketFranGVIPDined on 11/15/2014The Spice Market is an amazingly designed Asian-fusion restaurant in New York's Meat Packing District two blocks from the southern end of the Hi-Line. We made a reservation for lunch, although it obviously wasn't necessary. The wait staff was very attentive, and the food was exquisite - reminiscent of the delicious dishes we recently enjoyed in SE Asia. I loved the Thai Chili Noodles with Shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow with a capital W!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Spectacular dining experience. Impeccable service and incredible food. We had the red curried duck and Vietnamese cod for main courses and they were delicious. Will definitely go back when we return to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue but menu was limited and venue is darkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Nice venue but menu was limited and Vene is very dark so it's difficult to read the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tears were shedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We had a truly great experience at Spice Market, a group of six swedes set out to have an extraordinary dinner - and found just that. Among us we have a foodie guy who always cries when it´s REALLY good - and oh yes, tears were shed...he also got the opportunity to visit the kitchen and talk to a sous-chef, very much appreciated effort on your part. Hope to be back! Best Regards, Gabriella Norman, StockholmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, lovely foodDutchdinneeDined on 11/11/2014Fantastic setting and ambiance. The food was nice with good service, although we did feel slightly rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great. Service is terrible.TeddytalksDined on 11/8/2014Food is great. Typical meat packing spot - loud music and crowded. Great for visitors. Staff is incredibly rude. We requested that our waitress show us items that were less spicy and her reply was "it's called spice market, there's nothing not spicy". I didn't know whether to laugh or to get up and leave. Would not go back.Special Features:
- A nice place to tryPaulZ06Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good but not terrific as expected The service can be improved tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place; not so great servicebirmiefoodieDined on 11/8/2014Great ambience, fun, good scene. The food was great, especially the ginger fried rice, chicken satay, spareribs and lobster rolls. Our waiter was very disinterested and couldn't seem to be bothered. Thankfully, my group was fun and it didn't cause much of an impact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flavoursiceladyDined on 11/8/2014We tried out the Tasting Menu which was outstanding, the flavors and spices worked beautifully together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great in every way. Food was excellent, service excellent, setting excellent. I will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeglagerDined on 11/8/2014We had a great time. We ordered the Chef's choice with wine pairing. Food was great. Table was ready for us. Service was on point.Special Features:
- Heavy StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Would not go back for food - lots of items fried or heavy to stomach. Ambiente outstanding, feels like in a James Bond movie, or in the old Saigon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.