403 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spicemarketnewyork.com/
- Phone: 2126752322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Daily 11:30am - 5:30pm DINNER:Sunday - Wednesday; 5:30pm - 12am, Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Did you know we have 7 Semi Private & Private Alcove Rooms?
For more information call 646-747-8380.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10 guests or to inquire about private party functions, please contact Anne Couvreux at 646-747-8380 or email@example.com
A word from Spice Market
Jean-George's Spice Market features cuisine inspired from the street food of South Eastern Asia. The exotic design and atmosphere transport guests to a far away location and make for a special dining experience.Continued
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spice Market - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Spice Market reviews from OpenTable diners
896 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (450)hot spot (442)good for groups (379)special occasion (375)romantic (308)vibrant bar scene (212)neighborhood gem (212)late-night find (185)great for outdoor dining (130)great for lunch (123)notable wine list (66)great for brunch (58)scenic view (45)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014I liked everything except the music: far too loud for a dining experience.Special Features:
- First time. Will be coming back!nycgirl4491VIPDined on 10/26/2014I randomly picked spice market from my open table selection for dinner and I'm glad I did! It was much better than I expected! We walked in and it was very spacious and nicely decorated. We had drinks at the bar then went to our table for dinner. The tables for two are a bit small. The food came out family style (which means whichever one is ready first, they will bring out) but we just ordered a bunch of appetizers. The lobster summer rolls were very light, a nice way to kick off the meal. The crispy sushi was delicious! The salmon tartare was probably the best thing we had there. The hamachi was also delicious. Then we had the shiitake lobster noodles which were okay. Service could have been much better but overall we enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenseatsJenseatsVIPDined on 10/26/2014We love Spice Market! My husband is an architect & he was very impressed with the restaurant design and choice of textures. Food is always outstanding. Some dishes are mild (chilli rubbed short rib) & others are intense (chicken samosas, brussel sprouts), so there is something for everyone. If you want something spicy/hot, make sure you tell your server, and they can also bring you some spicy mix to add to your dish. Try the ginger margaritas! I saw some reviewers complain about dishes not served all at once. SM serves family style, usually 1 or 2 dishes at a time, so if you want everything all at once you have to specify that when you order. Can't wait to come back in the warmer weather when the restaurant walls are all opened up!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best meals i have ever experienced. all aspects of the restaurant was top notch. Highly reccomendSpecial Features:
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014You must like to try new flavors! Food is ethnical but tasty. The waitress told us to share our orders with each other, which turned out to be a great experience. We enjoyed everything! Must say that we walked through the highline park to arrive here, and that started out our night nicely.Special Features:
- Excellent service & funZanyDined on 10/24/2014Service was excellent making suggestions, helpful and fast (but not too quick) service . Food was excellent!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I'm in NY for a few days (from London) and had numerous recommendations of places to eat. I had to drop a few and I'm SO glad I didn't kick Spice Market. Fantastic food (you MUST try the chicken satay), great cocktails (ginger margarita my fav) and a good balance of smart and relaxing. It's going to be one of my select 'go-to' places whenever I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great time and everyone loved all of their food! Favorites were the crispy sushi and chicken samosas. Everyone MUST try the ginger margaritas! They are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the back-naked waitressFREDVIPDined on 10/24/2014We liked the "Spice Market". We just thought that the naked back of the waitresses, naked to the underwear, was not necessary at this season, the end of October. It looks peculiar and unappetizing. The dishes are brought by a muscled second rate waiter who literally throws the plates on the table, risking the sauce to spill out. Other than that, we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014Great place, good Food, good ambience, you must try the red curry DuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The flavors very not mixed very well, some of the food was not cooked to its optimal texture and taste (short rib was too firm, brussel sprouts were too burnt). Disappointing overall, would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014From the moment you walk in, this place is great! The food is amazing -- served in smaller portions (like tapas style). The Pork belly was to die for! I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frist time, last timeMarcoDined on 10/21/2014We went there for my birthday and we were disapointed when the manager told us about the gratuity we leave. She came on our table in front of all our guests and she began to complain, what a shame ! The service wasn't so nice. Every Plate were came not At the same time. It was impossible to eat together. First guest served and the last 15 minutes later, bad... First time last time No commentSpecial Features:
- Great FoodGG4FoodDined on 10/21/2014Spice Market does not disappoint and delights the palate with interesting Asian Fusion. You just want to keep coming back with another friend like I did. To finish off an excellent meal I sampled the sorbet with a dessert wine. I highly recommend the experience. Bring appetite, a cool dinner partner and book nowSpecial Features:
- Great food.PammyDined on 10/21/2014I just LOVE the food and cocktails there. Totally my taste. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- fun and delicious!WelovefoodDined on 10/21/2014despite being around for some time, this place still seems as trendy (in a good way!) as ever, the food is extremely flavorful, and the service was truly outstanding. I would bring a big group here without a worry.Special Features:
- rethink the winesperkypatDined on 10/20/2014we choose a menu with wine pairing, the food was good (not terrific but good) but the wines were undrinkable, a real shameSpecial Features:
- It Lost its mojoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2014We tried the chef's tasting menu and from the eight dishes only one was really good, five were ok and two were bad. Nothing memorable.
- top knotchswedesvisitingNY5Dined on 10/20/2014fantastic interior fabolous food and drinks and on top of that a perfect working crew that really wanted to make your dinner a memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Authentic Vietnamese/ThaiNYCdivasDined on 10/19/2014We has the lobster summer rolls, cauliflower dumplings, crab noodles, crispy pork belly and red duck curry. Starters and noodles were ok and we enjoyed the crab noodles the best. The crispy pork belly was chewy and pork fat was liquidy. Red duck curry had none of the usual fragrant aromas expected in Thai cooking. The first taste was a mouthful of salt followed by a weird burning on the front of the tongue. Inedible. We would highly recommend the ginger margarita .... And plenty of them. We were not asked the customary 'is everything ok' and the wait staff did not question why our food was virtually untouched. We commented to the staff about our red duck curry and there was no interest in our poor experience. We left underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Where's the SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Honestly we had heard great reviews of the restaurant and wanted to try it out. We specifically waited until our last night in NYC cause we were expecting something off the charts. Although we felt the portions were generous, everything seemed to lack flavor! We said we liked HOT / Spicy dishes and were recommended a few but what we got lacked any heat at all. The setting Yes is beautiful, didn't live up to its name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!SilouDined on 10/19/2014Excellent! Thank you for the wonderfull evening! Service, food, music.....perfect!Special Features:
- still great spottesssVIPDined on 10/18/2014excellent service. Very good food and decor. Not my first time there and each time i have a great experience.Special Features:
- pleasant placepaschoalrDined on 10/18/2014The lobster had no spice at all. Service was real slow, specially on beverages. The dessert were great, so as the crisp pork belly. Too dark ambience to even read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!!ErikTDined on 10/18/2014this a very good and popular restaurant! book table early. noisy but great food! will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Loud music disrupted entire eveningdineoutlessandlessDined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 5:30pm. Even at that early dining hour the music was pumping loudly as if we were in a disco. The mix on the music had the base levels set way too high. We weren't even able to hear our waitress go over the specials for the evening. We requested the music be turned down and they did not accommodate us. Awful. Fantastic food, gorgeous restaurant that management is treating like a disco. We've been to this restaurant 6 times and this sound problem will keep us away for good.Special Features:
- Excellent!SpottyDined on 10/18/2014A cool restaurant, with a great ambience. The service was exceptional as was the food. Recommend the Brussels Sprouts side-the honey and lemongrass combination amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went!Foodie21090Dined on 10/17/2014I am so glad my boyfriend and I chose to go to Spice Market on our recent visit to NYC. It was without a doubt an amazing choice! We were seated in comfy leather seats in the corner of the room which made it romantic and comfortable. We both did the tasting menu (which I highly recommend). The food was amazing. The price wasn't bad. The service was great. I give this place two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere!morangolDined on 10/17/2014once you enter spice market, u know that u are in New York. the food is great, but i was disappointed from the main dish with the green curry. i hardly ate anything, and the waiter did not ask what is wrong, just took it away...Special Features:
- Great food, little bit priceyJoostDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant looks lovely, the food is really great and it's quite an experience to eat here. There's just one thing on the downside: the portions are small, especially when you compare it with the price you pay for it.
- MrBWDined on 10/16/2014Spice Market has quickly become one of my favourite restaurants in nyc. I've been there 3 times now, and the quality of food and service remains consistently excellent. I recommend the black pepper shrimp, the chucken satay as well as the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kobeDined on 10/16/2014A vast space, some of it quite lovely, with what feels like an army of servers bringing forth gigantic plates of food. Most of it was good and some very good, although too many fried items appear on the menu, to the exclusion of fresh items. But no wonder. It feels like an industrial operation churning out hundreds of meals each evening. Still, I can't complain about the location or the vibe.Special Features:
- Simply divine!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The service, the people, the dishes and wine and the enviroment. We loved all of it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely fabSaamariDined on 10/15/2014love fusion kitchen -- and spice market does it really well. Great expreince -- even the two teenagers loved it. This is must doSpecial Features:
- Food tasteJohn222VIPDined on 10/15/2014Worst restaurant in new york!!! I had the worst food ever! Just spicy with no tasteSpecial Features:
- Classicfre63dDined on 10/15/2014one of the places where you know ecerything will be fine. Small changes in the menu, ecerything best qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, vibrant bar sceneLynellVIPDined on 10/15/2014As always, the food never disappoints at Spice MarketSpecial Features:
- YumYumDined on 10/14/2014great food but sooo noisy could not here my table partner until we moved downstairs ; tables verry close to ea other. All else great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never come backJulianaDined on 10/14/2014I really regret going to spice market. The service was terrible! I had to ask for chips twice, then my husbands order came several minutes before mine. He kept waiting for my order to come and then had a cold meal. The food was not that great either. Don't waste your time there.
- RemarkableProfessorDined on 10/13/2014Spice Market is my favorite restaurant in the city--my husband's also. The food is fresh, creatively prepared, and singular--no other restaurant has these flavors. I will go back there as long as it exists. I introduced my daughter to this restaurant. She introduced her friends, and so it goes. It's hard to get a reservation, but worth the aggravation. The food is well-timed so that you don't feel rushed or waiting too long for a course. A good meal should last two hours and if you do an appetizer, main, and dessert, those two hours go by very quickly. Almost perfect dining experience.Special Features: