403 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spicemarketnewyork.com/
- Phone: 2126752322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Daily 11:30am - 5:30pm DINNER:Sunday - Wednesday; 5:30pm - 12am, Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Did you know we have 7 Semi Private & Private Alcove Rooms?
For more information call 646-747-8380.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10 guests or to inquire about private party functions, please contact Anne Couvreux at 646-747-8380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Spice Market
Jean-George's Spice Market features cuisine inspired from the street food of South Eastern Asia. The exotic design and atmosphere transport guests to a far away location and make for a special dining experience.Continued
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Spice Market Menus available at www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.php
Spice Market is available for large parties and private functions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spice Market - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Spice Market reviews from OpenTable diners
854 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (410)fit for foodies (394)special occasion (374)good for groups (335)romantic (332)vibrant bar scene (210)neighborhood gem (204)late-night find (174)great for lunch (130)great for outdoor dining (129)great for brunch (83)notable wine list (71)scenic view (59)kid-friendly (32)Show More
- from the highline to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The Spice Market is a block away from Highline Park. It's a great place to take a date after a walk in the park. The kitchen closes at 1 am so u can stay out late. The atmosphere is great and the food is also. The service was excellent and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was poor bland with no tast. I had 3 dishes the COD, Duck and another fish dish and I did not like any of them. To be fair I had two good salads before my meal but the meal is supposed to culminate the entire experience. I sat outside which was not back but all I remember from this experience is the poor food. My worst lunch in the City and it cost me $120.Special Features:
- FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Amazing food! Every single dish is great, no exception! Highlights: the ribs with a brown sugar crust and the hamachi sashimi. The lemon pavlova for dessert is the perfect way to end the experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Fabulous restaurant far exceeded our expectations. Will definitely visit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterLondonLadDined on 8/28/2014Great venue, beautiful interior, delicious food. Clearly this restaurant has some big backers and they're trying to get their money's worth. It was like being on a corporate conveyor belt 'get them in, feed them, get them out'. Drinks were being cleared before we finished them, the food arrived in what felt like seconds, and the check was given to us before we asked for it. It was annoyingly efficient. Chill out with the service - it was really irritating. What should have been a good meal, was disappointing. But judging by the line to get, corporate management doesn't bother everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location near High lineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Nice location near High line. Popular place for dating, but also a romatic place for married couples. We had a chefs' recommendation menu, which was bit of a dissappontment. Next time we choose from the menu ourselves. First, but hopefully not last visit to this place.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Beautiful interiors, great food, great staff and fun bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transports you to southeast AsiaCityKittenDined on 8/27/2014This place is the whole package - good food, good service, great energy, great ambiance. The place is massive, so you can actually get a reservation in this Meatpacking District restaurant. It's a fun place for groups - they have separate rooms with couches/cushions around a table...it's really cozy and intimate; the food you order is all meant for sharing, and in smaller portions so you're ordering a lot of different things to try. I've been here a couple of times, and love it. The samosas, steak skewers, shrimp garlic noodles are all unique and tasty; the salmon tartare is bland - skip that. The better seats are the booths upstairs, in my opinion, so request those when you book a table.Special Features:
- ambiance beautiful service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014The ambiance is beautiful but the service was poor. We were celebrating my wife's birthday & our waiter basically forgot about us. The forgot to bring a couple of dishes & the other dishes (vegetables) were so late that my wife was finished with her meal by the time it came out. My wife's friend who is also a concierge spoke to the manager & he did not come over to appologize. The appetizer was better than our entree. My husband & I love to eat out & we love to try every place at least once but we will not recommendSpecial Features:
- Restaurant was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Excellent for foodies. The food, ambiance and service were all great. Would defintely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice marketOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Spice market was great, the food was awesome, the place is really cool. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ambiance pretty good foodlbovVIPDined on 8/24/2014I chose to go to this restaurant because the kitchen was open until 12:30am, which was fantastic after stepping out of a late night plane. The atmosphere was fantastic and it was a great dining experience. The starters were delicious (especially the chicken samosas) but I found the two fish we ordered as entrées to be slightly too bland. Overall great experience, wonderful and attentive staff. Will go again!Special Features:
- Great surpriseVkodjaDined on 8/24/2014From the outside nobody can imagine neither the ambiance not the food. And both are excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you kidding?!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Four orders all came out at different times.... Really??? Learn to manage your kitchen!
- Akin to a busy bar with good foodlbyrneDined on 8/23/2014Not the ambience i was hoping for, thought it would be a nice intimate location but it was like a busy bar. nice food though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We were seated promptly but were not addressed for over 5 min after sitting- no water, no menu. A dozen staff walked by and no one bothered to address us. Service was slower than expected with large staff working. Food was served quickly once ordered and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantshaia17Dined on 8/22/2014Incredible ambience, and the tasting menu was so delicious! would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMI7SDined on 8/22/2014If you are looking to dine in a special place with cool ambience and tasty food, Spice market is exactly the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Thanks so much for allowing me to dine in such a fine restaurant! My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed the great service and delicious food! We liked that the entrees were served family style so that we could enjoy each other's plates of food. Overall it was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/22/2014Tried the tasting menu. The food was just the right amount and they were delivered timely. Great way to try a number of delicious different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thye should close for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Been here several times for dinner. Always enjoy it . Came for lunch. Windows wide open so you can hear construction drilling down the block. And our waiter was so disengaged, lacking of personality and did not know the menu.
- Spicy!BecksDined on 8/21/2014Very very good food but forgot about my pre- ordered and pre- confirmed birthday cake for dessert:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visitABooDined on 8/21/2014This was my first time at Spice Market and I brought my boss who is from St. Louis. She loved it. This is not only a really eclectic and interesting building and decor but the food was mouth watering. Service from Brett, our waiter was spectacular. We asked him to advise us on the best dishes and everything he helped us pick was mouth watering. Food is a little spicy so you need to love spice. The homemade soda was also fun and refreshing.Special Features:
- PiccolaDined on 8/20/2014Lovely, airy, comfortable space conducive to talking and lingering a bit. Interesting and varied menu. The pork vindaloo was complex and not too hot, the corn soup had great depth and the foam on top addded texture and extra flavor. The serving sizes were larger than we expected. The service was very warm and attentive wihout hovering, very professsional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Spice MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had a great lunch this week at the Spice Market in the meat packing district followed by a walk on the High Line which is right outside. The food was great and the decor is really cool. Great for group dining since all the food can be shared by the table. Really interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING as usual!KarlaDined on 8/18/2014Great food! Great friends! Great place! What else can U ask in a boring Monday night??? Well, Spice Market was able to cheer us up!Special Features:
- Souk-yNJnNYDined on 8/18/2014We ate downstairs having been warned that the 1st floor would get noisy and hectic- it was! Our whole table ordered the prix fixe dinner with wine pairing. Most of the food was great, but the Pork shoulder with Jasmine rice was underwhelming. The wine were just OK. But we enjoyed the experience and felt like we had left the country for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Beautiful place, amazing food, very nice place for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Dee76Dined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed my time here, the food was absolutely great and the service was wonderful. The hostess at the door could have been nicer but good thing the food was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatfdlvr2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great time, they gave us a perfect table for our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The service is great and the food is super ,we will came backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!kellshallDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service, and great ambience. Loved their samosas and ginger ale.Special Features:
- Spice Market Customer for Life!tiffyDined on 8/16/2014Every time I make it back to NY, can't miss my chance to visit the Spice Market. If you love flavor, great service and a cool vibe, you don't want to miss out on this one. My personal fav's to eat and drink: maine lobster (OMG) the spicy chicken samosas, ginger margarita (insane) and if you like steak - I'm not usually a big fan unless it's really good - the ribeye is amazing. Make sure you dip in the blackberry jam. I promise you will be hooked for life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious, wine paring notMarietteDined on 8/15/2014We chose the restaurant week dinner menu. We made the mistake of ordering an appetizer with shrimp and the fish main course. Both were very good but they were exactly the same except the appetizer was called soup and was finished with cilantro. The main course was served in a sauce that was exactly like the soup except it had fish and basil instead of shrimps and cilantro. The wine parings were not great. A sparkling wine with the appetizer, a pinot noir with the main dish, and a desert wine that I didn't like.Special Features:
- MSPtransplantVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dined here for Restaurant Week. The food was delicious and the service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekSuzanaDined on 8/15/2014Good ambience. Came for restaurant week. Out waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls lunchFoodIsGoodDined on 8/15/2014I met a girl friend for lunch at Spice Market during Restaurant Week. They were good about making the menu available, but not too pushy about it. We decided to order off of the regular menu and were happy with what we ordered. We both ordered the chicken and coconut soup and then shared an order of the mussels and the shrimp pad Thai. I thought that the pacing of the meal could have been much better; I understand that everything comes as it is ready, but that just feels like a cop-out to me. When you are paying for a $100 lunch, all of your food shouldn't show up at the table at once. We sent the Pad Thai back to the kitchen to be reheated because it got cold. That really isn't acceptable to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and service!foodie79Dined on 8/14/2014Fantastic food with excellent service to match. Great atmosphere too. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaranacDined on 8/14/2014The waitress forgot my wine and forgot to check with the manager about my gift certificate. I caught the last day of lunch during restaurant week menu and had no issue with food, sorbet serving was huge good for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ServiceRomyDined on 8/14/2014Too many waiters around,service lacked warmth or friendliness. It is supposed to be run on South East Asian street food concept. It didn't feel American nor South East Asian. To add icing to the cake one waiter chose to thank us after reviewing the tip amount !! My freind and I are not planning on going back.Special Features: