2717 West Main Street
Norristown, PA 19403Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.spicekitchenonline.com/
- Phone: 6109103535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do catering for small groups of 20 up to parties of 500 and above. We offer free Delivery and Full Service Catering. We offer reasonable packages for any occasion be it Wedding or Birthday.
A word from Spice Kitchen
When you're in the mood for good times and authentic Indian cuisine, be sure to check out Spice Kitchen. The restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. The menu at Spice Kitchen features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent quality for either the lunch buffet or dinner in the evening. In our opinion, this is the best quality Indian food in the western suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014It a nice place with good and tasty food. Service is good .Special Features:
- Getter BetterReginaVIPDined on 6/15/2014I have been critical of this restaurant for a long while. The service staff is very transient. They recently hired a new manager and it made a big difference. We were very happy with the care in service and the attentiveness of the waitress and manager. I am hopeful this is step in the right direction. The food was good, but not the best I have had, but acceptable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014Food was great, hostess was very friendly. We were surprised to find such a great place in a strip mall. Veggie appetizer combo had a lot of variety and was a great value. Portion sizes were generous. This would be our go to spot for Indian if we lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreReginaVIPDined on 4/25/2014It has been a year since I have been here. The last experience was awful and I swore I would never go there again. The restaurant has gone down over the years. I thought maybe a year would make a difference, so I gave it a try again. The food was a little better, but as before, the service was terrible. The restaurant was packed and they only had 2 waiters with one of them being his first night. The only advantage to this restaurant is that it is 2 miles from my house, but there is so much competition that it is not worth going here if you have another option. I would highly recommend Aman in Norristown (Germantown and 202). I think the owner is stretched too thin since he opened up a new location in Harleysville.
- Consider always ordering mild spicymainguyenVIPDined on 4/5/2014We chose medium spice on our dishes and they were almost not edible due to how spicy they were, coming from an Asian person, this says a lot. When we ordered the mango lassi, there was a carbonation to them, as if the yogurt went bad. The server started to argue with is about it. When new glasses were brought out, it was a watered down version with bits of curd. Not appealing.
- Excellent food, good servicePaulVIPDined on 3/29/2014While I'm not Indian, I've visited a number of the numerous Indian restaurants in the Western Philly suburbs and also elsewhere. I've also been here on a number of occasions both with friends and on my own -> hands down, this is one of my favorite Indian restaurants. The food is delicious of which my favorites include paneer tikka masala, chicken 65, and goal masala. I also feel the prices are reasonable. Also try the drinks…some interesting and delicious options. The atmosphere is very nicely decorated and kept clean and service has always been good/fast. If you're in the area or can drive a little bit, this place is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Spice Kitchen!jeffersonvillefoodieVIPDined on 3/21/2014This Indian restaurant, tucked into a nondescript strip mall in Trooper on Ridge Pike, is a true neighborhood gem. When you walk in, the deep red walls and soft billowy curtains calm you and make you feel welcome. Johnna, the hostess, is a keeper. She treats you like you're special and makes sure you get all your questions answered. The Tangy Eggplant appetizer was stellar, and the Vegetable Navratan Korma and Chicken Tikka Masala were cooked to perfection. If you're considering Indian food in this area, I highly recommend The Spice Kitchen.Special Features:
- Dinner at Spice KitchenJesl143Dined on 3/15/2014Super yummy food brought out quickly by friendly staff. What more could you ask for? We have been going to Spice Kitchen more often in the past few months. Great local Indian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience but so-so foodVisitorDined on 2/14/2014We went on the Valentine's day this year, though we haven't been to the restaurant in a long time and were regulars when it opened up 2 years back. The food is not as good as it used to be, the chinese chilly chicken was not good at all, but the rest of the food was not bad. I would recommend to improve the food, as the taste doesn't do justice to the price being paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time here.CYP27VIPDined on 12/29/2013This was our second time here. The service was good, but we were also the only people in the restaurant at the time. The food came out quickly, is reasonably-priced, and everything was delicious. We ordered an appetizer to share, two curries, and the bread basket, plus kheer (rice pudding) for dessert. There was plenty to eat plus a LOT of leftovers. I would definitely recommend eating here if you like good Indian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Neighborhood Gem!jeffersonvillefoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2013The Spice Kitchen is a wonderful neighborhood gem located in a strip mall on Ridge Pike in Trooper, PA. As die-hard Indian food fans, we were pleased to find such delicious food so close to home. The decor is whimsical and romantic and the servers, though sometimes slow, are attentive and well-informed on the menu items. The meals we've had there, including chicken tiki masala, vegetable korma, and aloo gobi, have been consistently good. The only inconsistency we've found is with the vegetable somosas. The first time we ordered them they were the best we've ever had, but the second time they were over-cooked, bland, and far too crispy. Overall, we highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- We've eaten at the Spice KitchenNotHappyDined on 9/27/2013We've eaten at the Spice Kitchen several times and used their catering services for a graduation party. Occasionally there is a service problem but the food was good. This time service was pretty bad. Twice they took our menus off the table before we had a chance to order. We had to open our own wines. Four of five entrees came out but not mine. After waiting 10 plus minutes I asked about it was told any moment. It was several more moments before it and the naan we had ordered finally arrived. My dish was dry and disappointing. I had ordered the special kebab dish, one of the more expensive dishes, that was supposed to contain shrimp. What I finally received contained two very small shrimp that were overcooked. We will not be coming back.
- OverratedWoodrowDined on 7/3/2013For some reason I thought from the reviews that the place was really good. I wasn't... It was average. Not bad. Average. The waitress was very inexperienced but friendly. She did things like bringing three drinks to the table at once and leaving them in one place, then headed back to the kitchen for something else. The owner is a nice guy who came and chatted with us. We drove past another favorite Indian restaurant to get there. The prices aren't cheap. Spice in Edgemont or in West Chester are better.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2013I took my fiancé here on a Tuesday night for his Birthday. The staff was very friendly and met all of our needs. The chef came out to introduce himself and nicely packed a doggie bag to go :) The food is very VERY delicious and reasonably priced!!! I definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Spicy Neighborhood Gem!jeffersonvillefoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2013The Spice Kitchen is a true gem. We are lucky to have such a wonderful Indian restaurant in our town. We'll be sure to spread the word!Special Features:
- Wonderful Modern Indian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Wonderful Modern Indian food. Restaurant was almost empty when we went on an early Friday evening which was a shame because the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Terrible foodJohnDined on 2/15/2013Being born in the UK and having been to India several times, I like to think I know what authentic Indian food tastes like. The food here was terrible by anyones standards. The chef not only does not know what real indian food should taste like but he clearly does not know what good food tastes like generally.
- Light Indian FareNiclarkeDined on 2/15/2013This restaurant has a knack for making all their dishes flavorful and authentic yet light and manageable. Many find Indian cuisine in restaurants to make them feel extremely full in addition to being served large portions; Spice Kitchen dishes feature delicious sauces that are packed with flavor yet not heavy and allow you to enjoy the other aspects of the meal, such as delicious sides, apps, and breads.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy eating here.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I always enjoy eating here. I and my family have been coming here since it opened. The food is tasty. The small touches on Valentines Day were excellent. The chilled plate with a bit of vanilla ice cream and a rose was a lovely gesture. The music was appropriate for such a romantic evening. I am never disappointed when I eat here.Special Features:
- Terrible service with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The food is delicious, but the service was terrible. Since it was a BYOB, we brought a bottle of wine. The hostess quickly grabbed our wine to open it. However, ten minutes later, we had no idea where the hostess went with our bottle. At this point in the night, we still didn't order. Finally after twenty minutes, we received our bottle of wine, and we were able to order. The server asked what we would like to eat. But, he was not friendly nor polite, and didn't answer any of our questions about the menu. The food came out hot and delicious! Since our food was spicy, which we enjoyed, it was difficult to eat it because our water glasses were empty. We had no idea where our server went, so we asked other servers for water.Special Features:
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I read many reviews and after eating here, I consider this restaurant extremely over rated. Go to Aman's in East Norriton. The food there is much better.
- Great place to dine food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Great place to dine food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- We were delighted to receiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013We were delighted to receive the Pappadom when we arrived. I loved my Chicken Curry. My husband liked his Lamb Rogangosh, but said a lot of the meat was tough. The wine glasses were very nice! Our service was absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately both my husband and I were very chilly and I needed to put my coat on. We enjoyed our evening and definitely look forward to dining again in the near future.
- One year ago we went to SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012One year ago we went to Spice Kitchen and had a fabulous time. This time the service was deplorable and the food was only fair. We were VERY disappointed. We had a party of 7 and all in the party are in agreement. Next year we go to another Indian restaurant.
- Great food, wonderful decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Great food, wonderful decor. Perhaps a bit more communication between servers/runners/bussers. We asked someone for Naan when we forgot to order it and because that person was "just a bus boy" our order was never recorded.Special Features:
- A little Gem!EndiVIPDined on 11/30/2012A great little place with good food. The waitstaff was not familiar with the selections to help with order Questions... but they really made up for any Lack with kindness and consideration. One caution ... the rice is cooked in milk... I had them prepare mine with water. ( vegan)Special Features:
- Continue to declineReginaVIPDined on 11/29/2012This restaurant has been struggling with help situations for the past 2 years, but their food always had me coming back. I was there last week and was disappointed on both fronts. The service staff was totally disorganized and the food was very disappointing. I do not know if they had an off night in the kitchen or their cooks are also transient. The restaurant better get their act together or they will lose whatever clientale they currently have.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2012I was very impressed with the quality of food for the price we paid. It was an excellent selection and absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- They apparently have a happyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012They apparently have a happy hour special (although they are a BYOB)from 5-6pm with 25% your meal, unadvertised. We, of course were there later.... Our waitress helped with appetizer selections.Special Features:
- Spice kitchen was very busyLynnDined on 7/29/2012Spice kitchen was very busy and working short staffed. The staff remained pleasant and apologetic for any issues. The food was fantastic served in a serene atmosphere!!! The Spice Kitchen staff truly showed grace under pressure!Special Features:
- Spice Kitchen never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2012Spice Kitchen never disappoints when it comes to Indian cuisine - the food is superb! Despite some very adverse conditions (the restaurant was unexpectedly overbooked), Crystal (one of the most exceptional hostesses I've ever encountered) and the wonderful wait staff managed to handle everything with grace and charm.Special Features:
- Excellent and very creativeDMGrossDined on 4/13/2012Excellent and very creative Indian menu. Service was very attentive and wait staff were more than willing to stop and chat. We will be back again especially to try the buffet.Special Features:
- Nectar is always a delight.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2012Nectar is always a delight. The food and the service are consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012My husband and I had a very good experience at Spice Kitchen. Wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Appetizers and dinner were excellent, prepared either mild, medium or hot. The naan bread with condiments was very tasty. We will make this restaurant a regular for our Friday night dates! I will be trying different dishes on each visit, my husband is not as adventurous. Overall we had a great experience and will recommend it to our friends!
- The food was really good BUTAlliDined on 2/14/2012The food was really good BUT our server was not familar with indian cuisine. However, the servers were otherwise very attentive. It was a wonderful Valentine's dinner.
- Best Indian Food In TownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012We are thrilled to have really, really good Indian food around the corner! This is by far our favorite local restaurant, give it a try, you will love it!Special Features:
- Small shopping mall findAMAZINGDined on 2/11/2012Small shopping mall find. Ambiance inside is calming. White sheer curtains hanging brings out a touch of class. Servings are larger then expected. First time to an Indian restaurant and will be back. They take your order right from the table and it shoots it back to the kitchen right away. Before we got done ordering we had our appetizer.Special Features:
- We went on a Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2012We went on a Monday night and were the only customers there. So, it was very quiet and romantic. We brought a red wine since it was BYOB and that paired up well with the food. We selected the 'mild' spicy and it was definately spicy, but not too hot I couldn't enjoy my food. Looking foward to going back to try new things. I liked that they had a tablet computer they used to order - they had pictures of the food so it would give you an idea of what you were ordering, if you are not familiar with it.Special Features:
- Great Nearby GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/20/2012My husband and I were looking for a good Indian food place near Norristown. I came across this place via Yelp..The food and service was excellent and we will definitely return.Special Features: