Spice - East Village
104 Second Ave.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Spice - East Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spicethainyc.com/spice/home/index.html#
- Phone: 2125338900
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Spice - East Village
We at spice strive to be the premier Thai restaurant in the East Village. We continue to infuse classical Thai cuisine with a hint of the modern to appeal to both the traditionalist and fist time Thai diner. Please sample our delicious stuffed crab Rangoon, scrumptious shrimp fritters and our popular authentic Pad Thai. For the vegetarian in your group, be sure to try our meat-free dishes. After enjoying our flavorful Thai food, sip on a Passion Fruit Bellini, Lynchee Martini or a half Carafe of refreshing Pink Asian Sangria. Our hope is that our specialty drinks will make you feel like you are on a beautiful beach in Thailand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice - East Village reviews from OpenTable diners
- One of the better Thai Food spotTropicalVIPDined on 7/29/2013This Thai food restaurant ist good and has a excellent price / value. Nothing great but good food and good service. It's a everyday spot for good Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Thai in East VillageMarcyDined on 7/7/2013This place is nice. Food was good, service was amazing - super friendly and efficient! I hadn't found a decent Thai place since moving to NYC. This place will now be our local, low-key spot when we feel like Thai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Thai foodjoopnightVIPDined on 7/6/2013Very good food. I have to visit spice everytime I'm in town. Th black noodle is my absolute favorite. Tried the red curry this time as well, very good. Service was great. Only issue was that the A/C needed to be turned on in the restaurant, was too hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Village visitmamabeth57Dined on 5/18/2013We had an early dinner for for 3. The service was quick, but that might be because of the it was 7 PM. When we left at 8 PM, every table was full. If you like spicy, the homestyle beef panang curry was our favorite dish. However, the appetizers were unremarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GdidhitthespotDined on 5/7/2013Friends to me out for my Birthday and it was the best fun! I love the Sangria and the crispy duck was to crispy! I could barely chew it! Crispy duck was to crispy, I could barely chew it and the sweet and sour did not blend as nice as it should have...it lack balance!However, the rest of the meal was great! Would l go back again, ~G!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined with six teenage girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Dined with six teenage girls on Sweet Sixteen NYC jaunt. We had reservations but arrived a little early and were seated immediately. Service was good, although not all orders arrived at the same time. Food was very good, everyone enjoyed everything, and prices were surprisingly modest for the quality and quantity! Bar seemed extensive (obviously no sampling from our group) and we didn't get dessert as we had plans elsewhere. The menu was very accommodating of the various dietary needs of our group, including minor changes for a few dishes (one or two girls needed an ingredient omitted). Check out photos of the restaurant on their website for the seating options, especially large groups.Special Features:
- The spice duck and red snapperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2013The spice duck and red snapper were very tasty. The "spice" symbol on the meni shoukd be adjusted. Someone in my party ordered something that was considered mild, but it was spicy. There should be a variety of hot tea that is made available. One member of my party was not feeling well and it didn't seem like she was being treated well when she asked about the tea options. The waitress seemed very stressed and not polite.Special Features:
- Bad food, bad drinks, fairNds22VIPDined on 11/10/2012Bad food, bad drinks, fair service at best, freezing at our table...and surprisingly, it was packed.
- A solid choice for Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2012A solid choice for Thai food in this area of the city. Nothing too fancy, nothing too expensive.