326 E 6th St
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://spicecoveny.com/
- Phone: 2126748884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:15pm - 4:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Takeout
A word from Spice Cove
Welcome to Spice Cove. We offer value and speedy delivery. Choose from our appetizers, soups, Lamb Entrees, traditional Indian specialties & much, much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spice Cove reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great food as always.Live4foodDined on 7/31/2014I've been coming to Spice Cove since 2010. They recently switch locations (right next door to their previous place), so their decor isn't finished. The unfinished interior made it feel sterile, which is why I gave the ambiance 3 stars. The food is still FANTASTIC, so don't let the interior deter you from going inside. Service and food are still what they were years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe- no fixings this timeRandPVIPDined on 4/22/2014We like the lovely ambiance & fine food @ Spice Cove. Great Indian breads, both veggie & carnivore pleasing. Our visitors and family enjoyed night. Too bad the wait staff did NOT complete prix fixe-- we accepted bill before asking for dessert! Oh well, a few calories saved !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and it'sPeacockDined on 2/6/2014The food was good and it's a very small place (so are the other restaurants on that street). I used a groupon and didn't receive any problems. The shrimp saag and lamb was good, but don't expect a fancy fancy place. I read on yelp that the servers aren't attentive and I've proven that to be true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Common denominatorthreesomeDined on 1/23/2014I agree with other reviewers that 'bland' is descriptive of the food in general. All 3 of us ordered "moderately spicy" but 2 of us should have asked for "speecy spicy hot" because all three entrees and the assorted pakorna appetizers averaged out to less than we were accustomed to in Indian seasoning and sauces. This would not have been a bad meal (or deal) except that we are used to much higher quality Indian food.
- Paper FoodnattleDined on 1/23/2014I thought this restaurant had some great potential - the wait staff was very kind, but not so attentive. When we finally got our food, a friend discovered a piece of paper in his Paneer Makhani dish. He sent it back, and when a fresh dish was brought out - another piece of paper! Such a disappointment. Would have enjoyed it a bit more otherwise, but he had lost his appetite after two inedible dishes.
- The food was tasty. We enjoyedKimballVIPDined on 11/12/2013The food was tasty. We enjoyed each dish we ordered. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were generous.Special Features:
- DissapointedParisnycDined on 10/20/2013After reading the reviews for this restaurant I was excited to try it out as I love Indian food. I was disappointed with the food and the service. Would not return. It wasn't awful but there are better places to eat Indian than here for less money.Special Features:
- Loved Spice Cove!AnaCDined on 8/25/2013As we 1st stepped inside, did not smell like indian food which we appreciate it. The service was great but the food, was really good!!!!! I was surprised of how a little place can serve such good food. Would recommend it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot, but have had betteIndia.dlyonsVIPDined on 6/19/2013Service good but food was good but not spectacular as written in other reviews. But it has a nice ambience.
- Amazing waitstafffoodmanDined on 5/9/2013The nicest waiters ever. Ours thought we ordered the price fixe and asked what kind of ice cream we wanted, then when we told him we didn't get the meal that included ice cream, he said "well since I offered, why don't I bring one out anyway!" We were incredibly impressed. The food was also really good. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.