Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
3125 S. 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68124Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.speziarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (402) 391-2950
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11-2pm, Sunday Dinner 2pm-8pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Reilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large Group To-Go menu featuring family style pastas and salads. Perfect for Business meetings, pharmaceutical lunches, or private events. Delivery Available. Please call for more details 402-391-2950.
- Private Party Facilities: Spezia dining rooms are designed to have a warm and comforting feel. Complete with a wood mini bar, original artwork, wood table tops, carpet, and a Bose sound system. For groups under 20 guests full menu or limited menu is available. For groups over 20, an appointment is requested so that a menu can be discussed. Room “R” has a big window facing the main patio, and a private patio for guests. This room can be used for groups between 10-30 guests. The room has a $100 (M-TH) or $200 (F-Sat) charge that is waived if $1500 or more is spent. Room “W” has original art work, a wooden bar, and an impressive wine display. This room can be used by 25-50 guests, with a $150 (M-TH) or $300 (F-Sat) room charge or $2500 spent. When both rooms are opened up, they can accommodate groups up to 100 with a $250 (M-TH) or $500 (F-Sat) room charge or $3000 in food and beverage. It’s important to reserve the rooms as soon as possible, they do book fast.
A word from Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
Tucked away in Midtown, Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood's great food, attentive service and intimate atmosphere give guests the memorable dining experience they crave. The party rooms, courtyard, and infamous "Romance Booth" make it the best kept secret in Omaha. With its big-city ambiance and small-town comfort, Spezia is sure to become a favorite spot for you and your loved ones. Whether you are on a first date, celebrating your thirtieth anniversary, entertaining business clients, or getting for the weekend, Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood is a must stop destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (54)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (30)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (24)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Horribly noisy. Wait staff had trouble hearing us. We had trouble hearing us. Food is wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereTrishR402Dined on 11/14/2014Spezia has a great menu. It's really difficult to choose what to order at both lunch & dinner. The patio is the best in Omaha - inner courtyard. NO CARS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above manyApple73Dined on 11/13/2014Our experience at Spezia was delightful. The service was impecable on an early midweek evening. The menu has many choices to suit different tastes and are things not found at most local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring your own knife!lizardDined on 11/7/2014our server was Ashley. she was very busy and had several tables so she was not as attentive as our previous experiences. I had ordered the sirloin and it was prepared perfectly. I realize this is nothing like your tenderloin which I can literally eat with a spoon. it would have been a much more enjoyable dinner if I would not of had to wrestle with that steak. the steak knives are old and could hardly saw thru my steak.Special Features:
- A very special evening.outoftownerDined on 11/7/2014When we arrived to Spezia and walked in the door we were greeted with the smell of steak. We were greeted politely and sat immediately. Our waitress was nice, the wine was great, and the food (including desert) was notably worth talking about. Yum.Special Features:
- Food / ServicexbonesxDined on 11/4/2014Our business lunch was exceptional. Atmosphere worked well for our discussion. Everyone truly loved their lunch selection and personally the Peach Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes was outstanding! Our reservation (for 5) was ready on time and the staff was extremely gratious and timely from the host to the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014The staff was very courteous, the food was delicious. I met 3 longtime friends for lunch and the staff said we could sit in the booth and talk as long as we liked. We stayed 3 hours. The staff constantly brought water and asked if we needed anything else. We will definitely go there again and again and recommend Spezia to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findspotdudeDined on 10/18/2014We found this place to be fantastic! Loved the food, loved the service, and was just a great place to be. Will be a place we will dine at again to try their other dishes. The Shrimp and Scallops were beyond fantastic. While we did not have wine, they had a great wine list. Happy hour is pretty cool too. Very reasonably priced drinks. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who likes great food and fantastic service. I cannot say enough about how impressed with this place we were.Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I always request kye as our waiter and he is amazing. Kristen hostess and Catering is a gem.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding as always. I had the lamb. The mushroom and sauce were a perfect compliment to the dish as well as the potatoes and vegetables. Everything tasted fresh and was cooked to perfection. They went out of their way to make our anniversary special with a complementary piece of tiramisu. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealZimmDined on 10/11/2014We were in Omaha for the weekend and tried Spezia based on a recommendation. We are glad we did. Very friendly service and delicious food. There is something for everyone on the menu. Flatbreads are a great starter. Happy hour beer prices cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodNetworkJunkieDined on 10/4/2014Spezia is a great dining experience for any special occasion. Food, service, and ambiance is superb. The lamb was perfectly cooked and delicious as were the Portabella ravioli.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent once it finally got to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodepps97Dined on 10/1/2014This was our first time to Spezia and we weren't disappointed. There were four of us for dinner and everyone ordered something different. There were no complaints from anyone. Our waiter, Steve, was very attentive and did an excellent job. We were all pleased.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Overall we had a very nice dining experience. The 1/2 price wine was a special treat.Special Features:
- Not so muchSoutherntouristVIPDined on 9/28/2014I usually enjoy Special for its Italian fare but they are trying an Octoberfest menu that sounds good bit missed the mark. Ordered sauerbraten and got English pot roast with serviceable spatzel and sauerkraut. The rest of the table ate Italian and did better. Very nice service with a polite, low key young man. Just leave the Germans food to the Germans guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food and great service2ndThoughtsDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I enjoy Spezia for special dining occasions. The food selection is fantastic and the wait staff is always friendly. Recently the y discontinued accepting a dining passport card. We are very disappoints about that as their loyalty card is not acparable alternativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going againneveragainDined on 9/17/2014The waiter treated us differently than his other customers. He did not explain anything on the menu, took our order and did not tell us about extra charges. He also did not act friendly to us as he did to others. I got chicken parmesan and a salad and was charged $4 for the salad. The menu does not identify the extra charges, either. The salad consisted of dandelion type of leaves only and did not offer any spinach or other types of lettuce. If I wanted to eat dandelions, I could have got that from my yard for free. The entree's portions were about half what I get at other local restaurants for half the price. When we left, we felt ripped off and discriminated against.Special Features:
- All goodBadBradDined on 9/11/2014Three dinners; walleye, grouper and duck breast special along with drinks. Food was excellent and they had some good wine by the glass that paired nicely with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemKJS67Dined on 9/10/2014It's been awhile since we'd been to Spezia & we now know we won't wait so long to visit again. Excellent food! Terrible parking mostly because people don't know how to park but worth it anyways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPersonMDined on 9/10/2014Perfect combination of food and ambiance to fit any occasion fr simple to special .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place for ustomfDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I have been going here for years. We primarily come on special occasions. I think the food is good and I find the place romantic. As my wife and I were exchanging anniversary gifts the waitress asked if we celebrating something. A complementary dessert was given to us to help us celebrate. ThanksSpecial Features:
- WEFFING NIGHTJANUARYDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. It was our wedding night, and we had guests in town and locals whi had never been to this restaurant. They also enjoyed it. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightOUChDined on 8/29/2014Service was extremely slow and my tuna was spoiled.
- WonderfultimeDined on 8/23/2014On the two time we dined was for dinner, both experience was special. Had a wonderful time on both occasionsSpecial Features:
- Good food, slow serviceMMus88Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and interesting wine list featuring Italian wines. Seasonal specials are always great. Service is typically better at lunch. Service varies at dinner but is often very slow and unattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!MarketingOperations123Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great experience. The food was awesome. The portions were a little on the conservative side with the appetizers, but the entree's were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodKateDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4, so not a big deal, but our waiter was wonderful at watching our glasses and keeping them full. The lamb and duck were some of the best we've had; and being from Texas we have them pretty often. It is a very nice place for a celebratory dinner. Not recommended for kids. ..it is more of an upscale, adult only restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 8/16/2014We love this restaurant. The food, service, and decor are excellent!! We recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food but LoudHungryTimeDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinners, sesame encrusted grouper and filet mignon. We were looking forward to a quiet evening, but we ended up in a booth between two very loud groups of 8 or so. We don't have issues with energetic crowds enjoying themselves, but it wasn't what we were looking for that night. We ate here once before and the ambience was more on the romantic side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Thank you so much for a fabulous evening with my family. We like to celebrate the starting of school with a great night out. Spezia has become our go to spot. We absolutely love the menu. The wine list is perfect! A wonderful place for about any occasion. Our whole family feels comfortable and satisfied every time. Beautiful!.............................................Special Features:
- donnaleeDined on 8/9/2014This is a special place to us...good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Stopped in with parents, accidentally made reservations for 2, they didn't have a problem when we showed up with 4. Food was good and our waitress kept a pretty good eye on our table. Didn't feel rushed to leave. She was willing to fill our glasses even after we had settled the check. Wasn't a cheap meal, but not unreasonably expensive either considering what we ordered. Steak was very good. Called ahead and was told there was no dress code, most other patrons were business casual, but they did not protest our shorts/t-shirts from a day at the zoo.Special Features:
- OutstandingBFF1965Dined on 8/3/2014already a favorite place , and this time exceptional , a great place for brunchSpecial Features:
- Best lunch in a long time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We went for a birthday lunch on a Saturday - easy to get into, fantastic lunch menu, and great service. Looking forward to trying it again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014BEEN HERE MANY TIMES.. ALWAYS GREAT. BUT NOISE LEVEL COULD COME DOWN A NOTCH !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLABrodahlDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite restaurants to bring out of towners. This time though, it was a let-down. The food was just "ok". And for the price, I expect more. And the server was unimpressive also. At one point, she dropped and broke a wine glass right behind my wife and myself. She didn't say or act as if anything had happened, and calmly walked away. We found out later that she DID know she'd broken the glass. But, she didn't warn anyone at the table about the glass, nor did it get cleaned up very well. As we were leaving, several loud 'crunches' were heard.
- Jury is still out on NW mgmtraleeper23Dined on 7/30/2014I have been to Spezia twice since the new manager has taken over. Lots of new wait and front end staff experiencing a learning curve. The food remains top-notch, so I'll keep giving them a chance to improve.Special Features:
- The following 682 reviews are from the Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood reviews archive.
- Always goodGtflyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Once again we had a fabulous dinner at Spezia. Service is good, food is hot with good helpings. Will return frequently.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I have been going to Spezia for special nights out for the ten years it has been opened. Love the food, the wine and the ambiance. Service has always been very attentive and friendly. We both loved our meals, I got a Special that had a vegetable risotto and chicken and my husband got a favorite of his with seafood in red sauce. Very happy with Spezia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.