Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
3125 S. 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68124Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.speziarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4023912950x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11-2pm, Sunday Dinner 2pm-8pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Reilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large Group To-Go menu featuring family style pastas and salads. Perfect for Business meetings, pharmaceutical lunches, or private events. Delivery Available. Please call for more details 402-391-2950.
- Private Party Facilities: Spezia dining rooms are designed to have a warm and comforting feel. Complete with a wood mini bar, original artwork, wood table tops, carpet, and a Bose sound system. For groups under 20 guests full menu or limited menu is available. For groups over 20, an appointment is requested so that a menu can be discussed. Room “R” has a big window facing the main patio, and a private patio for guests. This room can be used for groups between 10-30 guests. The room has a $100 (M-TH) or $200 (F-Sat) charge that is waived if $1500 or more is spent. Room “W” has original art work, a wooden bar, and an impressive wine display. This room can be used by 25-50 guests, with a $150 (M-TH) or $300 (F-Sat) room charge or $2500 spent. When both rooms are opened up, they can accommodate groups up to 100 with a $250 (M-TH) or $500 (F-Sat) room charge or $3000 in food and beverage. It’s important to reserve the rooms as soon as possible, they do book fast.
A word from Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
Tucked away in Midtown, Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood's great food, attentive service and intimate atmosphere give guests the memorable dining experience they crave. The party rooms, courtyard, and infamous "Romance Booth" make it the best kept secret in Omaha. With its big-city ambiance and small-town comfort, Spezia is sure to become a favorite spot for you and your loved ones. Whether you are on a first date, celebrating your thirtieth anniversary, entertaining business clients, or getting for the weekend, Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood is a must stop destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (36)good for groups (35)great for lunch (35)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (16)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- WonderfultimeDined on 8/23/2014On the two time we dined was for dinner, both experience was special. Had a wonderful time on both occasionsSpecial Features:
- Good food, slow serviceMMus88Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and interesting wine list featuring Italian wines. Seasonal specials are always great. Service is typically better at lunch. Service varies at dinner but is often very slow and unattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!MarketingOperations123Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great experience. The food was awesome. The portions were a little on the conservative side with the appetizers, but the entree's were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodKateDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4, so not a big deal, but our waiter was wonderful at watching our glasses and keeping them full. The lamb and duck were some of the best we've had; and being from Texas we have them pretty often. It is a very nice place for a celebratory dinner. Not recommended for kids. ..it is more of an upscale, adult only restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 8/16/2014We love this restaurant. The food, service, and decor are excellent!! We recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food but LoudHungryTimeDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinners, sesame encrusted grouper and filet mignon. We were looking forward to a quiet evening, but we ended up in a booth between two very loud groups of 8 or so. We don't have issues with energetic crowds enjoying themselves, but it wasn't what we were looking for that night. We ate here once before and the ambience was more on the romantic side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Thank you so much for a fabulous evening with my family. We like to celebrate the starting of school with a great night out. Spezia has become our go to spot. We absolutely love the menu. The wine list is perfect! A wonderful place for about any occasion. Our whole family feels comfortable and satisfied every time. Beautiful!.............................................Special Features:
- donnaleeDined on 8/9/2014This is a special place to us...good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Stopped in with parents, accidentally made reservations for 2, they didn't have a problem when we showed up with 4. Food was good and our waitress kept a pretty good eye on our table. Didn't feel rushed to leave. She was willing to fill our glasses even after we had settled the check. Wasn't a cheap meal, but not unreasonably expensive either considering what we ordered. Steak was very good. Called ahead and was told there was no dress code, most other patrons were business casual, but they did not protest our shorts/t-shirts from a day at the zoo.Special Features:
- OutstandingBFF1965Dined on 8/3/2014already a favorite place , and this time exceptional , a great place for brunchSpecial Features:
- Best lunch in a long time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We went for a birthday lunch on a Saturday - easy to get into, fantastic lunch menu, and great service. Looking forward to trying it again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014BEEN HERE MANY TIMES.. ALWAYS GREAT. BUT NOISE LEVEL COULD COME DOWN A NOTCH !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLABrodahlDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite restaurants to bring out of towners. This time though, it was a let-down. The food was just "ok". And for the price, I expect more. And the server was unimpressive also. At one point, she dropped and broke a wine glass right behind my wife and myself. She didn't say or act as if anything had happened, and calmly walked away. We found out later that she DID know she'd broken the glass. But, she didn't warn anyone at the table about the glass, nor did it get cleaned up very well. As we were leaving, several loud 'crunches' were heard.
- Jury is still out on NW mgmtraleeper23Dined on 7/30/2014I have been to Spezia twice since the new manager has taken over. Lots of new wait and front end staff experiencing a learning curve. The food remains top-notch, so I'll keep giving them a chance to improve.Special Features:
- Always goodGtflyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Once again we had a fabulous dinner at Spezia. Service is good, food is hot with good helpings. Will return frequently.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I have been going to Spezia for special nights out for the ten years it has been opened. Love the food, the wine and the ambiance. Service has always been very attentive and friendly. We both loved our meals, I got a Special that had a vegetable risotto and chicken and my husband got a favorite of his with seafood in red sauce. Very happy with Spezia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGladstoneGourmetDined on 7/25/2014We recently visited Omaha for a couple of days. This was our choice for Friday dinner with our daughter and 8 year old granddaughter. Salads were great and pastas wonderful. The grilled salmon got high marks, but the Margherita flatbread was just okay. We loved that they had Stella Artois draft beer. Next time we'll try the ribeye and tenderloin.Special Features:
- Special place special foodTonySVIPDined on 7/23/2014Spezia is on of our favor places to dine. Never disappointed and great menu with special that tempt your plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 7/22/2014Got there intime for Happy Hour, great sepcials, stayed for supper, awesome Grouper and Pasta dishes. Server very friendly, timely serviceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOlscoutDined on 7/22/2014We've been going to Spezia since it was Lastrada 72, and it continues to be a favorite. While the general experience was very good, the service was exceptional. The wait staff is to be commended at every turn.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The food was fantastic. I am never disappointed when I dine at Spezias!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had not been to Spezia in many years and had heard much about how good it was. So we went and took another couple for a celebration. We could not have been more pleased. The menu was extensive, the food excellent, our waiter above and beyond, and the wine wonderful. We will definitely be going back soon as this had become our new favorite local restaurant. Cannot rave enough about everything!!!!Special Features:
- Spezia 40th Birthday DinnerShan0220Dined on 7/8/2014Food was amazing, presentation was beautiful. We were less than pleased with our server Allison. When we arrived, the restaurant was full. Before our food came many of the diners began to leave and the remaining diners were a very manageable level. I use the term "manageable" because Allison, on no less than two occasions, excused her absence on the part of being "busy". We had to ask another server for a drink order we had placed with her that he immediately brought. We waited for nearly 10 minutes for an order of Tiramisu. However, no delay in bringing the check. We felt as though we weren't worth the time that Allison invested in her obvious distraction that day. Still, would dine there again; sans Allison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 7/3/2014All three of us were very unimpressed with our meals. By far and away it was the worst meal that we have each eaten in a very long time. We all ordered something different. Needless to say we will not be coming back.
- Spezia Patio DinningDradeDined on 7/3/2014I love their Patio but you do get street noise. Hard to avoid with 72nd Street. Our waiter was amazing and would go again just for the service. I had the Risotto Summer Special with chicken, peas and asperagus. It was ok but not amazing. My husband had Pork Tenderloin and like very much. Yes, I will try again but will order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 99% awesomeDateNightDined on 7/2/2014I always go for the lamb...it's awesome. Way better than any steak house in omaha. If you want lamb, go here! The angel hair pasta is perfect. The thicker pasta was a bit doughy so stick to the angel hair. All the deserts and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete disorganizationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014I have dined at Spezia for over ten years and love it, but this time was a nightmare, it took us 20 minutes to get a waiter and another long time to be served, we had to ask for the wine and bread two times. I have noticed this has been happening since the change in managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soothingJRZGIRLDined on 6/28/2014You know your food, service and atmospheric will be pleasing for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!KoladaDined on 6/28/2014Quality & service are always consistently excellent. Our 33rd wedding anniversary was as wonderful as our 29th. A truly outstanding restaurant with a caring dedicated staff that understands their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, Really Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This was hands down, one of the best places I have eaten in Omaha. The food was AMAZING and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/27/2014One of our favorites. Consistent without unpleasant surprises. They pretty much do everything well.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!PacoliusluvsSushiDined on 6/26/2014The seafood meals we enjoyed were made to perfection! Couldn't have been happier with the quality of the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan Tuna & MorebrownieoneVIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent meal, extensive unique menu, and fantastic service. I enjoyed the Spezia Salad as an appetizer and a tuscan tuna dish that I have never seen on another menu for dinner. Both were delicious. Portion size was above average, which makes this place a very good value too. Visit with confidence! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Good foodAckAckDined on 6/20/2014We went on a friend's recommendation and were pleased with the experience. The meal was very good, but overall it was busy and a bit noisy. This was during CWS week, so it may not be the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousjamieDined on 6/15/2014As always Spezia met and then exceeded our expectations. Both the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Always a great meal with great service!! Try the Tuscan Tuna, one of my Favs.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualCathyKDined on 6/14/2014Spezia is one of our favorites where my husband enjoys the seafood options. Service is always good. My best compliment is that when you make a reservation for a specific time, you never wait! It's awesome! We will continue to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChrisa741Dined on 6/14/2014Superb food And service. Maybe some light opera or instrumental music in the background would be a nice touch? I kept hearing others' conversations. My wife and I thought it was odd that the servers wore ties and the hostess wore a white tank top with a print - but it gave us a little laugh. Overall very good. Would not recommend for young children as there is no children's menu and the customer base was mostly couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good per usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014You want a can't miss place to eat for good food and good service in a nice atmosphere this is it.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceGtflyVIPDined on 6/2/2014We have been going to Spezia for years, and are never disappointed. The food and service are great, and the atmosphere is just right.Special Features: