Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
4801 S. Louise Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://speziarestaurant.com/spezia/siouxfalls/
- Phone: 6053347491x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Owners Dave Thompson and Rick Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Schmeling 605-334-7491x
A word from Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood
Since opening our doors, Spezia has shared it's love of traditional Italian cuisine with friends and family in the Sioux Falls area. Spezia invites you to come enjoy a relaxed atmosphere as you choose items from an award-winning menu. Godere di buona salute!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Sioux Falls ›
Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great place!SfdinerDined on 9/30/2014We go here often and never miss the "tomato fest"! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful evening!MoseysDined on 9/26/2014We always like to come to Spezias when we want just a special date night for the two of us. Or a special evening for four of us. Or a unique lunch. Whenever. We always enjoy the food, the service, the ambiance. One of our favorites for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceEmceebeeDined on 9/26/2014Our waitress was friendly and knowledgable. Service was great! It wasn't noisy at all even though there were lots of diners in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyKazakhstansDined on 9/19/2014Excellent! Our food and service were very good. I came to meet a potential new customer from overseas for our company ... we visited, dined, and visited some more and had the "perfect experience". One of the people I met commented: "This is the best steak i have found in the US". Thank you very much - i will be back, for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening with FriendsWineDined on 9/18/2014We met friends here on a Thursday night. As we waited for them to join us, we did have to ask the bartender for drinks, we did not have a waitress come to our table after seating us. When we were all together, we ordered a bottle of wine, only to find out that they did not have our choice and two more choices after. The wine steward was then called over and suggested another wine, which was $15 more a bottle. He did discount our bottle, but it was still more expensive. The food and service the rest of the evening was outstanding.Special Features:
- We wanted authentic Italian cuisineMrMikeLDined on 9/13/2014and we found it! We didn't want the same chain offerings, and even though this is part of a chain, it's a small chain so it is still unique. The food leans more Northern Italian, so more cream sauces and Alfredo sauces. The entrees are a good size and reasonably priced. The food is absolutely delicious, and is served hot. Plenty of fresh, warm bread that you can dip in olive oil and vinegar right at your table. Overall, we were very pleased with this restaurant!Special Features:
- great food, awesome servicespunkysmurfDined on 8/31/2014we both had steaks. the filet mignon with garlic herb butter melted in your mouth. we ordered a small tiramisu for dessert but they instead gave us the large tiramisu at no extra cost. our server katie was genuinely sweet and really took care of us. the prices were very reasonable for the quality of service and food we received. we would definitely come back if we're in the area.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentMidwesternGalDined on 8/30/2014Spezia cannot be beat for professional service, quiet ambiance and superb food. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- PammagirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time here. From out to town. Just happened to be Sunday brunch which was quite good. I didn't find it amazing when compared to other brunches I have been to, but it was good, plenty of variety, and worth the cost.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealKleverKarlaDined on 8/23/2014We went out to celebrate our 45th Anniversary and to enjoy the mussels. It was great, especially the mussels. Would definitely like to do this again and soon.Special Features:
- Souix City Has A Winner in SpeziaJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our long day of driving West through Wisconsin and Minnesota was rewarded with a wonderful dinner at Spezia in Souix Falls, South Dakota. Friendly hostess sat us a comfortable booth where I enjoyed a seafood pasta dish that was just right. Varied menu made it hard to decide which is a good thing - everyone should find something they like at Spezia. Service was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Wrong Orderjsmith42Dined on 7/18/2014I was brought the wrong lunch order (I orded chicken piccata and got salmon with gnocci?). I returned to the server, who was very nice about it. She said the kitchen would fix it. All of my friends had finished eating their meals before the correct order was ready. I asked to cancel the order, which she agreed to. It was ready a few minutes after that, so she checked with me to ensure I didn't want it, or want it boxed up. I wasn't about to pay full price for a meal I couldn't even eat when it was hot...and besides that I just sat around while my friends got to eat. I was surprised that there wasn't protocol to follow when this happens or an offer of anything to attempt to make up for it. I wrote to the restaurant---haven't heard anything.
- WonderfulGrammaCASDined on 7/2/2014We had a great evening, shared a very nice bottle of wine with friends. Ate some amazing sea scallops with pasta...and you have to get some desserts to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the Spezia - Steaks, Italian & Seafood reviews archive.
- great local restaurantaussie4Dined on 6/15/2014Always love the Brunch at Spezias. We went there for both Mothers Day and Fathers Day. On both occasions the restaurant was very busy. Service was still excellent. However dont go there if you need a special diet. My daughter who has to eat gluten free did come home hungry, as there wasn't much food she could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!MoseysDined on 6/13/2014Another great all-round dining experience! Service was a bit slow, but the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarymombojDined on 6/4/2014We sampled a couple of new wines--one we liked and one not so much, enjoyed a delicious caprese salad made with both heirloom and plum tomatoes plus the delicious cheese and good crisp greens. The balsamic Spezia uses adds great flavor to their dishes. We each chose a seafood entree we found on the seasonal menu instead of our usual favs. Mine included grilled scallops, roasted veggies and pasta in a light oil sauce. Wow! Plus the portion was so big I took home enough for lunch for two the next day--and it was delicious warmed over. My husband's choice of barbecued salmon was very good, he said, but he would not be likely to order it again because it was not as good as his usual choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014brought our son and girlfriend foro a graduation celebration meal and was disappointed in time it took to get the food and that no one stopped by the entire time we waited for the food 45 minutes wihtout seeing wait staff . felt forgotten food was mediocre and not worth the 102.00 we spentSpecial Features:
- Happy AgainFood4FuelDined on 5/16/2014We are from St. Louis, and we make it a point to dine at Sepzias when we are in the Sioux Falls area. The selection and presentation are outstanding. The food is always excellent, and the service makes you feel at home. We will return. If you want a great dining experience in Sioux Falls, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchbogeymanDined on 5/11/2014Saved Mother's Day with a last minute reservation. The food was excellent, the service was great and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- ServiceaipromtimeDined on 4/26/2014The food and the view/restaurant set up was very nice but our service was not the best. We had a waiter who looked like he would rather be anywhere but work and got annoyed when we asked for something. That was a put down especially on prom night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch selectionSfdinerDined on 4/20/2014Nice selection and very tasty! At the end of the day, I realized I enjoy being waited on rather than going through a buffet, but that is no reflection on the restaurant! Very well done buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine list in Sioux FallsmacsterVIPDined on 4/9/2014For those of you who like Italian wine this may be your only real choice in Sioux Falls. Yes, Brunello, Barolo, Rosso di Montalcino, Langhe Nebbiolo ,Barbera d'Asti, etc. However, the lesser known regions are not represented (Calabria, Puglia, Lombardy, etc.) and the same with the lesser known varietals (Pinot Grrigio yes, Pinot Blanc no) But you will find some nice wines here. The food is good, not great, but the menu is massive. I can't call it "Fit for Foodies", but all in all I had a very nice evening there.Special Features:
- Good Out of Town EatFargoFoodieDined on 3/11/2014Was visiting Sioux Falls, and found Spezia on Urban Spoon. The food and service were good. The restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived, and our only complaint was that we were seat back to back in a booth, with another party. There was paper on the tables to draw on, which was entertaining for the adults. Overall good Italian food and good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014When I had dined at the Spezia, I was surprised at how authentic things tasted and the appealing environment. My server was very accommodating and attentive. This is the type of place I'd take someone for an anniversary or just to surprise them with a nice dining experience. It's, really, too bad I live far away from the place. If it were closer, I'd go there, likely, once a month. (Which is often for me.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs a little work !TazsugsDined on 2/14/2014Despite my reservations for 8:30 pm ,we had to wait aprox ten minutes before being seated .Once seated the time waiting for the main course was a little long as well .The waitress did a good job ,but the rest of the staff could have refilled drinks and bread while we were waiting for our meals .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!JensherryDined on 2/14/2014We were greeted nicely and seated immediately as we had made reservations. This was for valentines day so I as very pleases with the set up of the table. It was very romantic and despite them being busy the noise level was very quiet. Our waitress could have been more attentive and she seemed like she was busy and didn't have a lot of time for us. The food was absolutely amazing. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience overallkodybDined on 2/14/2014We had made reservations for 6:15 and did not get seated until 6:45. Our service at first was not the best, as it took quite a while to place our order but our server was very friendly and had great input about the menu. The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was superb, overall a great Valentines Day spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCollegeGuyDined on 2/14/2014This place was amazing. There ambiance was very romantic and perfect for date night. The waiter was great. But the best part was the food. I had the Walleye, which was great. My date had the Alfredo pasta, it was the best Alfredo I've ever had. I would recommend this place for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2014We have been frequenting Spezia for years & the service is always wonderful. The staff is polite & the food is always spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleased with4girlsoutDined on 2/6/2014We were very pleased with our waitress. She brought us sample glasses of wine which were very good. Good was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!MoseysDined on 1/10/2014Another lovely evening with wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceLauraDined on 1/10/2014Our service was ok. It took a long time to get our food and ticket. A family sat down next to us and had got their food and ticket before we even got our food and had the same waitress. The food was good. I would come again. Not sure if I'd bring our kids or not....we had a long wait but the family next to us was served quickly so maybe they are conscious of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KleverKarlaKleverKarlaDined on 1/7/2014Great food, something different than hamburgers and fries. The pasta selection was very extensive. All in all a nice evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little celebrationmombojDined on 1/3/2014My husband and I often choose Spezia for a "date night." We think the food is great and, although the restaurant is rather noisy, it is possible to enjoy an intimate dinner--especially if we get a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experienceIndyfan88Dined on 1/2/2014Overall our experience at Spezia was very good. Both of the main dishes we ordered were excellent. (We recommend the French Acadian Linguine and Cheese Tortellini) However, our salads were definitely frozen and were very light on the croutons. We will likely go back, though only for special occasions. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable and nice goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013comfortable and nice good food well trained staff great experienceSpecial Features:
- I used to love this placemidwestmomDined on 12/30/2013I had planned a date night, and I really wanted to go to Spezia, because I hadn't been there in 7-10 yrs. Since I had last eaten there, the food quality has plummeted. Aside from the appetizer (spicy calamari, which was fabulous), we were unimpressed with the food. The lobster pizza my husband ordered was good, but the lobster seemed over cooked and seemed almost non-existent on parts of the pizza. I ordered the eggplant parmesan, and my meal was the most disappointing. The veggies that come with it were cold/unappetizing, the pasta was gelatenous/over cooked, and the eggplant parm was tiny and soggy. The tiramisu was edible, but there was too much filling, and tasted like marscapone fluff instead of a well rounded desert.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2013I realize it was a busy evening but they were very slow getting our wine, our salads AND our food. Vegetables were les than lukewarm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 12/20/2013My wife and I have eaten at Spezia quite a number of times. This time we were disappointed with the service. It was a weekend night and understandably busy. We had a reservation. We felt rushed throughout the meal: drink orders requested before even sitting down, salad and soup delivered before the appetizer, soup and salad followed immediately thereafter, followed by the entres long before we were ready. We left nearly $100 at Spezia after bill and tip (not wanting to penalize the server for something not under her control). We expected a peaceful meal and received a crowded-table eating experience. This won't keep us from returning, but since you asked us to rate our dining experience, this is it. Disappointed.
- Food was mediocre at bestmwbusinesstravelerVIPDined on 12/12/2013Disappointing. After many good experiences at Spezia's and a patron of this location many times, this meal was less than stellar. I ordered the Seafood Risotto, with shellfish and asparagus. To even put asparagus in the description is a joke...I had to hunt for the four of five pieces (with NO tips - all stems) and all were pencil thin. What I expected to be a light risotto with appetizing shrimp, scallops and mussels abounding turned out to look more like a mush paste encasing what were stinky shellfish that had a day old odor. And sadly, the scallops were still a bit "cold" in the middle. I should have sent it back, but it was later and I needed to make due. Also, the bread came out hard and late. So much for an app before the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.