Sperry's Restaurant - Saratoga Springs
30 1/2 Caroline Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sperry's Restaurant - Saratoga Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sperrysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5185849618
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens daily at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering services available in a private dining room or outside in our patio area, we accommodate parties up to 50 guests.
A word from Sperry's Restaurant - Saratoga Springs
A Saratoga tradition since 1932. Serving dinner daily in our climate controlled dining rooms, as well as full service on our fantastic, large outdoor patio. Whether it is a seafood tower with one of our signature cocktails, or a delicious entrée with a bottle of wine from our award-winning wine list, you will feel right at home dining at Sperry's !!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sperry's Restaurant - Saratoga Springs - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Sperry's Restaurant - Saratoga Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (19)hot spot (16)good for groups (16)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- expensive wine listStagDined on 9/11/2014At the low end ($40), we ordered a bottle of red. vinegary: Thet graciously exchanged for another. Better. But, we have generally enjoyed better wine for lower costs. There should be no reason foer not enjoying decent wine at $40.00Special Features:
- Very nice!MarkncarlaDined on 9/1/2014Wow! Absolutely phenomenal! For starters, the lobster bisque was to die for. Being from the south, I don't get really good lobster bisque unless I'm traveling. In comparison to other parts of the US, the bisque at Sperrys was ranked at the top! Main course and wine was very good as well. Definitely a place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced!!luvfoodDined on 9/1/2014I will never visit Sperrys again. It is over price for what you get! Portions are small. Service was ok. The place its self is nice.Special Features:
- Just okCvilleguyVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have had great memories from years past as we have made Sperry's a must visit every year when going to the races. Probably not next year as it was a disappointing visit this year. The wasabi shrimp had no heat and was covered with some overly sweet sauce. The jambalaya was loaded with rice with a bit of meat buried somewhere underneath. Such a shame but fond memories can't last forever.
- Sperry'sBB57Dined on 8/31/2014I will keep this simple. Was going to order the filet when the waiter said the rib eye was on special. Shame on me for not asking the price which turned out to be 90 dollars. I complained to waiter and he did nothing. Any restaurant that is that deceptive you should think twice before going. I have been to Saratoga at least 30 times in the last 5 years so i know my way around. I have been told Sperrys has new owners and I know the old owners would not have done this.Special Features:
- DisappointingJenNJohnDined on 8/30/2014We were excited to try Sperrys, we had heard many good things. Unfortunately there was much to be desired. Our reservation was for 8:15. We were seated close to 9 pm. Our apps were good. Our entrees were not. My husband had a request for his steak which was neglected. My steak was over cooked. The mash potatoes were very bland. The vegetables were steamed with no flavor. The worst part was the service. Empty glasses were left on our table for the duration of our meal. As our second course came, we were assisting the bus boy to clear our plates, our waiter was often no where to be found. I had to wait 20 minutes to recieve a drink I ordered before my entree came. It came when I had finished my dinner. A big disappointment unfortunately.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress Julie was awesome. Food was excellent.ate in the garden all fabulous😃😃😃Special Features:
- disappointing mealcadwalladerDined on 8/30/2014very mediocre food, pricey considering the quality of the food.
- Extraordinary!JoePVIPDined on 8/30/2014Saratoga Springs is quite lucky to have so many wonderful restaurants. Sperry's is at the top of the list. We had the Caesar Salad (beautiful display of mini romaine, with THE BEST dressing), Jumbo Shrimp (perfect), Rack of Lamb (absolutely the best I have ever had- a "must" try), Lobster & Pancetta fettuccini (sause was light, creamy, sweet!!!), with wine of course. It happened to be my birthday and they brought in a terrific creme brulee with a candle (and chocolate writing of the event). Our waitress, Sarah, was outdtanding, knowledgeable, pleasant and smiling. Notethat this great meal was also at a time when they were packed for "Final Stretch" race weekend. If they can be this awesome when that busy, then they will always be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notg8VIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been here couple times. Food was good. Service was a little slow. After the first round of drinks we were never asked if we wanted another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining in SaratogaDiggerDined on 8/25/2014This is a return visit for us and the food was excellent, the service responsive and overall enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess is Rude!luv2dine06Dined on 8/24/2014Had reservations with Open Table, the Hostess just kept telling us they did not have any tables. They where totally booked up. She never looked at the reservation book to check for our name. Just continue to tell us "NO", she didn't have anything. We have been going to this resturant for over 10 years. The food has always been good. This hostess will destory their business with her RUDE, and NASTY , attitute. Reservations where made on July 13, 2014 for August 24, 2014.Special Features:
- Only order meat hereMariaelenaDined on 8/24/2014I had a good meal at Sperry's but my husband sent back his pasta. He ordered a burger and fries, the burger was good, but the fries were cold and soggy. Best was dessert (a rhubarb/blueberry cobbler, the worst was pasta carbonara which was floating in cream sauce and had no pancetta. Best bet here is grilled meat or fish.
- Not the same, won't go backSaratogaMackDined on 8/22/2014In a nutshell, the whole experience was terrible. We were made to eat outside, even though I had a reservation made three weeks earlier. The service was indifferent: for example we had to ask for a steak knife(even though my wife and I were both eating steak) and then it took 10 minutes for the waitress to bring steak sauce to our table as we asked. The food was poor to fair with the my steak very poor and my wife NY Strip fair at best. We have eaten here before and unfortunately Sprry's is not close to what it used to be. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Sperry Sperry GoodreubenrDined on 8/22/2014Whether we just hit it on the right night, with the right waiter, the right wine, and the right menu selections, we can't say, but what we can say was that the Rack of Lamb and the Breast of Chicken were out of this world, the sauces for each, perfect, traditional but with a flare (excuse me, I meant to say jus, of course). We enjoy fine food and are always looking for imaginative combinations that elevate the traditional by going beyond, like the Creamy Mascarpone Polenta with the Chicken, and the Roasted Garlic Bread Pudding with the Rack. With the Travers the next day, this was probably the busiest night of the season. The town was jumping, but Sperry's did not forget the fineries that make for a pleasant dining occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantHeart2heartDined on 8/20/2014This was a perfect after-race track dining spot. My wife and I have eaten there on 3 occasions and thought the food was excellent each time. Our server this year, Sarah, couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. I always enjoy the horse racing photos as well. The only negative was that the food was a bit pricey, but I think it was fair for the value received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teddyeatsDined on 8/19/2014The oysters were great...didn't like the fois gras...wine was good..too much pancetta in asparagus saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world!StuffAndSomeSenseDined on 8/17/2014Out of this world! Beside the excellent food, service from Rachel, and great historical ambiance, the proprietors treated my 70 year old boyfriend to a gift certificate and a candle on his dessert! I was overwhelmed, as we were first-time, out-of-towners who may never get to frequent the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedfindingdiningDined on 8/17/2014Food was good. Service was excellent but far too overpriced. I have been to better restaurants for a lot less.
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We were excited to try Sperry's after a day at the track however the food was lack luster and the price was outrageous! My husband ordered a special the tomahawk steak without asking the price. Our mistake! When the bill came the steak was $90! It wasn't even that big and tasted like cafeteria food. Additionally, the single inside stall restrooms were less than adequate with even the men's line 4-5 customers deep.Special Features:
- Poor Sperry'sFionaDined on 8/16/2014The usually excellent Sperry's is under new ownership and it's bad news for everyone who loved the classic spot. Their famed oysters are now gritty and unappetizing, presentation is poor, meat stringy and poorly cooked.The cost cutting corners are showing in the quality and skill of the kitchen, but the Wait Staff, many from the old team, remain top-notch, if a bit embarrassed by what they're serving.
- A gem for historic Saratoga38SpecialVIPDined on 8/14/2014Since the town has changed a great deal over the years, and you're not as likely to dine next to two Hall of Fame trainers as I had the pleasure of doing 21years ago when I overheard Mac Miller predict his Travers victory to Leroy Jolley, Sperry's still offers the best menu in town. This fine old restaurant that's been open since the late 1930's, still puts out the finest fare of any of establishment at this 19th century racing venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The August place to be!SteveDined on 8/13/2014Sperry's was certainly hopping the evening we had dinner but it's August in Saratoga. The food was marvelous and the service was attentive. However the noise from the bar was a bit much at times. I highly recommend the scallopsSpecial Features:
- Nice AtmosphereToughCookieDined on 8/13/2014Thirty's theme works. Spence our Server was great! Lamb Chops perfect, Paella different & interesting. Very good wine list. We'll be back very satisfied.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!Suelovestodine29Dined on 8/10/2014Sperry's is a fabulous restaurant with great food and service! We absolutely love the outdoor patio with the beautiful tented area and gorgeous chandeliers! The food is exceptional-I had the fettuccine carbonara with lobster and it was outstanding! Everything we had was wonderfully delicious and the service was efficient and very professional. I would highly recommend Sperry's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saratogafoodie2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food and service was very good. Limited menu and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notpleased4Dined on 8/8/2014Of the places we went to both in Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa and Cooperstown NY on this past vacation, this was the disappointment. We were sorry that we ended our trip here. If I had known more about the area, I would have made a different choice. It was recommended to us by a work associate. The prices were so out of line with the quality of the food. Maybe go for a drink but even then I would think there would be a better spot.
- Not so goodNeed2writeDined on 8/8/2014We were so excited about having dinner there last Friday. when we arrived I ask to be seated outside and the teenage hostess said it was going to rain so inside was better...it was a beautiful clear starry night ! Our waitress was slow coming to us, and wasn't sure we were her table. drinks were weak and our steaks were made to order was all wrong. the manager did come over and took the steaks off our bill. it was too late to start a new order , since our ride was coming in 20 mins. . We ordered a cup of coffee and paid the bill. We gave our waitress a generous tip even though she didn't deserve it since she rolled her eyes when I ask for another cocktail.Special Features:
- B BackerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Can't wait for my next trip to Sperry's. What's left to say?Special Features:
- Average for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit to Sperry's. I came back because the first time was outstanding. This time I was disappointed. While the service was good. The quality of the meal was lacking....particularly for the price level.Special Features:
- An Annual ExperinceAirboss27Dined on 8/4/2014One dinner (at least) every summer is a tradition for us. The cuisine, service and the overall "feel" of the place makes this a highlight of our summer in Saratoga. Possibly the best martini on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!yummersDined on 8/4/2014We've always loved Sperry's! Even since the new chef started, we've been very pleased with our meals (and even during track season)! Each of our meals was great for the party of 4!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We have been going to Sperry's for years with no complaints. However, this trip was chaos! We waited 20 minutes after our reservation time, even though tables were available ....they didn't have enough menus! Once we were seated our service was disappointing. Food finally arrived..cold and dry. 😢 We realize everyone has a off night....hoping the next visit will be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday 8.2.14PattyDined on 8/2/2014Excellent restaurant, both food and service, will definitely go back!Special Features:
- 2saratogavisitorsDined on 8/1/2014disappointed. Had reservations for quite a while. Got seated at table for 2 next to bar. very noisy. meal was very delayed in coming. wont go next year.
- DisappointedCapstoneDined on 8/1/2014It's clear that patrons that make reservations with OpenTable receive different treatment. In the past I have called the resturant directly for reservations.This year I tried OpenTable. Despite only being at 60% capacity when we arrived-we were given the worst possible table,located by bathrooms and kitchen service door. Requested a different table but was denied. Needless to say its hard to enjoy your meal when you are constinatly being bumped by the wait staff and patrons. Drink selection was basic- limited speciality cocktails and unimaganitive wine list. Our meal was fine-not great. For 2 people we spent over $230. Considering the food quality and atmosphere-there are better options in Saratoga. Need to upgrade drink options and menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014Aside from the food and service which is very good, the connected bar next door which belongs to Sperry's is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an "off" nightFoodieNJDined on 7/31/2014Supposedly a Saratoga staple, this little "steakhouse" was unfortunately a disappointment. They tried to make amends for an excessively long wait by giving us a free bottle of wine. This was a nice gesture which was appreciated. Nonetheless, the service was poor and the food was mediocre.
- We had never been there beforeteddyoDined on 7/31/2014Its not on Broadway, so you have to know its there to know its there. The food was excellent, one of the best steaks I have ever had. Salads were wonderful too. Attentive waiter. We had to wait about 30 minutes to get seated and they comped our salads as compensation. (And, to be fair, during track season, and with the Bolshoi Ballet in town, everyplace is crazy busy.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGailVIPDined on 7/31/2014Asian nachos were mouth watering, salmon was fantastic and popovers delicious. Jerry was our server-attentive and very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.