9 East Main Street
Buford, GA 30518Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.speratarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6787657911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5pm- 10:00pm, Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hope
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater any event any size.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private 20 to 100 guests; personalized menus.
- Private Party Contact: Petra Hope 6785469111
- Entertainment: Occasional live jazz in the upstairs lounge. Call the restaurant for the upcoming schedule
- Special Events: Banquet room for special events seating up to 100 guests. Call the restaurant to arrange a tour of the facility.
A word from Sperata
Located in charming Historic Downtown Buford, Sperata offers an amazing fusion of delectable food and friendly service in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. The world-renowned chef and owner prepares meals around the freshest and finest quality ingredients, pleasing each distinct palette with mouth-watering aromas and flavors. The dinner menu includes such favorites as Grilled Scallops in Tomato Tapenade, Sperata House Salad, Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom, and Vanilla Bean Crème Brule, all cooked to perfection. Enjoy daily features, which include a variety of fish specialties such as Banana-Rum Crusted Halibut with Butternut Squash Ravioli and Coconut Lemongrass Sauce. Superb culinary creations are complimented by an exceptional wine list and full bar. Upstairs from the main dining room is an equally inviting function room that seats up to 100 guests and is perfect for private and corporate parties and entertaining. We invite you to a most pleasurable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sperata - Best Restaurants in Buford ›
Sperata reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our special occasion dinner was disappointing. My lamb medallions were pretty good but my husbands roasted rib eye could barely be found under all the unappetizing extras heaped on top of it. We now know why. There was more inedible gristle and fat than there was good meat. The desserts and bread were very good. Add a salad to that and you would be better off.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful time. Great food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Chris Hope Delivers!Scooter1Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I are genuine 'foodies' with many domestic and international dining experiences. Chef Chris Hope has definitely brought true world class cuisine to the USA with its venue in charming downtown Buford, GA. Many thanks to him and his staff for a consistently excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningJAR45Dined on 8/25/2014Fantastic food and service in a perfect atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Always a pleasant experience. Food is always fabulous. Ambiance is always romantic. One of the best in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding food and Michael, our waiter was great. Great choice for our first date!Special Features:
- Summer Evening with FamilyTravelingDinerDined on 8/20/2014Dined with my brother and sister-in-law who were visiting from Memphis. Food was excellent, as usual. There was a large party upstairs to which most attention was given. Our waitress made every effort to return to our table often to explain the delay. She did take one salad off the total bill as compensation for the long delay in our receiving our food. We had the onion tart for an appetizer which is one of my favorites. Never been disappointed in the food here.Special Features:
- Spectacular SperataSpartyDined on 8/18/2014Lives up to the reviews....everything was spectacular. Fried Green Tomato App was excellent paired with a Sauvignon Blanc, the specialty salads are HUGE and the chef's daily entrée - we had the Grouper - was perfect. I would highly recommend the wine flight - three very generous pours for $12 is the best wine value anywhere. Our waitress was Victoria, she did a wonderful job, knows the menu well and made nice suggestions. You won't be disappointed, give Sperata a try. This is a big city fine dining experience in the quaint city of Buford with out the big city prices - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service were top notch. Excellent wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Service was great, special requests were accommodated, and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- to be small the taste is large!BabyjDined on 7/22/2014wonderful service & delicious food for restaurant week...so happy that they added the tilapia entree for restaurant week because honestly I was "feeling" the 3 choices given on the website BUT my friend insisted that we try it...and I so glad we did!Special Features:
- Nice place, worth a look.Eatingoutagain1Dined on 7/20/2014They mastered the hard part, good food. Fresh, hot and delicious. Wait staff was friendly and my water glass always full. However we were seated at a table near the kitchen counter and the waiters' butts were a constant view. The man at the next table used the flashlight on his iPhone to read the menu, and dinner for three took two hours. Not in a rush? Good restaurant. Don't forget your eyeglasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we took 4 other people with us. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. We just wish it was closer to our homes in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Fine RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014We took friends from Canada and another couple here for a special dinner. Once again, Sperata came through and confirmed its place as our #1 favorite place for fine dining. Owner/Chef Chris came out and chatted with us, which always makes us feel special. And our waiter, Oliver, is simply the very best in every way. But the real star of any visit to Sperata is the amazing food and wine. We have eaten at fine restaurants all over the U.S. and in Europe, but none is superior to Sperata. Every time we eat there becomes a special and memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Great FoodftcmmcDined on 7/12/2014Scallop App. was great, light but full of flavor. Lamb was the best I have ever had! Perfect medium rare with wonderful flavor!!Young server was very pleasant, but needed some more training.Special Features:
- Great find!foodsnobDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dining experience with friends. The summer menu with wine pairing was excellent - and a good value. We'll be going back and bringing more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously good!BrealiaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were just driving through on our way to Chateau Elan for the weekend. Decided to stop here for dinner since it was so late. My husband had the lobster and crab bisque and the duck while I had the caprese salad and the grouper. A++++ Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingfoodieDined on 6/21/2014Love this place and would recommend on a heartbeat. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!Falcon54Dined on 6/14/2014We tried Sperata for the first time, thanks to "Open Table". It's close to home, and the atmosphere is lovely. Since we had made a reservation, we were given a "window" table (very nice!). We were greeted immediately by friendly staff, our server was very knowledgeable regarding the menu and even offered to help me with my wine selection. Overall, it was a really nice dining experience & we are looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, relaxing atmosphereCaptKatoDined on 6/12/2014The food was fabulous, and on a weeknight it was nice and quiet, perfect for that special date night. Very good service as well with delightful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you, Mike!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014We had a fantastic time after discovering this restaurant through Open Table. Mike greeted us as soon as we walked in and made us feel comfortable immediately. He was very accomodating to our 9 month old son. Everything was great, but the potatos were beyond belief. I don't even know how they were prepared, but it was heaven. Thank you for the great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited to share about Sperata'sluv2eatoutDined on 6/8/2014OMG! I am in love with this restaurant...I knew of the restaurant and my husband and I had wanted to try it. However, when my sister was visiting, we decided to look for a special restaurant, for fine dining, her last evening. I reviewed Sperata's and found all were very good. Reservations made and off we went. The Chef's menu offered a three (3) wine sampling with his selection choices, and because I am "picky" I was allowed to choose from the regular menu. The food was superb! The service was exceptional. We chose to allow our server to select our wine, with each course, and she did excellent! Fine dining, smaller but very nice, yet comfortable. A delightful evening. I can hardly wait to go again! Don't wait.....y'all go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartiniDined on 6/2/2014Food was fantastic this place has been hidden I will be back as often as I can my new. Favorite placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Sperata has a talent for making one feel special even in the midst of a hustle and bustle evening. We have never had a bad meal or experience there!Special Features:
- 5 Star************foodieDined on 5/30/2014Sparata lived to our expectations according to reviews read previously. LOVED IT staff was knowledgeable in all areas of food, wine etc...Michael thank You for the birthday candle that was thoughtful of you. We will see more of you Sparata in moths to come, DEFINITELY! GREAT JOB ALL. MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally EmptyRubyVIPDined on 5/29/2014Based on reviews we took my brother and sister-in-law to the restaurant for my sister-in-law's birthday. We arrived at 7 pm, left at 9 pm, and were the only table in the restaurant during the entire time (on a Thursday night). The food was very good. The service left a lot to be desired, and getting information out of the server was like pulling teeth. Unless you asked specific questions about the menu you got nothing. Most of the restaurants along the "downtown" Buford strip were pretty empty, but not one other table in 2 hours? Even though we live very close by, we probably won't go back. It certainly wasn't worth over $300 for a dinner for 4!
- Exceptional flavourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014You have got to give this restaurant a try! A surprisingly exotic flare and fusion of flavours. Enjoyed every morsel. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I were there celebrating our anniversary. We chose the Chef's menu and we're not disappointed. We took the advice of our server for the wine pairings and truly enjoyed each one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and awesome serviceFoodieatheartVIPDined on 5/22/2014We had not been to Sperata in awhile....boy were we missing out. The food was delicious but what made it even better was the excellent service. We won't wait so long to come back.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Found Sperata on Open Table randomly and looking forward to going back again.Service was Excellent (Waiter, Reyar was perfect), Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Mother's Day experienceFairmothersdayDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and son Mother's Day dinner at 4:45. Staff was very nice, but they were out of two of the things we wanted to order. My wife's meal was supposed to come with sautéed spinach, but instead came with cauliflower and carrots, which no one bother to inform us of til after we brought it up. Food was okay.Special Features:
- best outside buckheadwas1861Dined on 5/10/2014As great as any buckhead fine dining. Compares to many of the places I've been to in Chicago. Worth the higher cost for the excellent. FoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DinnerFoodyDined on 5/9/2014Read many reviews and decided to try Sperata. Most of the criticisms were related to slow service. We were there on Friday and the place was not crowded. So service was not an issue. As a matter of fact our server was awesome. From the entrees to dessert everything was great. Onion tart was unique. Seared tuna was great (a special on that day). Our main courses were also great. My wife had the prime rib eye which was perfectly cooked and very tender. Same for the lamb. Flowerless chocolate was one the best ones we tried.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerSprite33Dined on 5/7/2014When we arrived for our reservation, we were promptly greeted and given our choice of window seating. The table we chose had a nice view of the street, but still romantic and set away from other diners. We ordered the carpaccio, which was phenomenal. Our meals arrived in a timely manner and were delicious. We finished the meal with creme brûlée which may be the best creme brûlée I have ever had! The food was excellent, the alcoholic drinks were tasty and the service. Very nice romantic meal to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 423 reviews are from the Sperata reviews archive.
- She said I do!!!!!IsaacDined on 5/3/2014Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!It was perfect... I am hard to please.. Every one played there role in suprising my girlfriend.. Went in single, came out engaged.. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in Buford.NiceSpot50214Dined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed a great dinner at this restaurant after noticing the local ads. Glad I ventured over to check them out. Looking forward to making a return visit. Everything was great from my starter course, main entree and dessert.Special Features:
- Nice dinner.FoodieDined on 4/28/2014I took my wife her for her birthday. The service and ambience was great but I cannot say the same about the lobster bisque, it was not so great but the waiter took it off my bill. Great dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with clientsGAswedeDined on 4/28/2014We wanted to show our clients a nice night out near our offices in Buford and Sperata came highly recommended on OpenTable. The service was outstanding and our waiter made several recommendations that enhanced our dining experience considerably. We had a variety of appetizers to share and most people had salads with their entrees. I am happy to have such a great "go to" place nearby for special nights with business associates and friends alike. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Went here for our anniversary. Great food. The filet was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet LunchgethookedDined on 4/22/2014Very pleasant lunch. Food was good. Was quiet and sat by the window. Service was very good. I would recommend if you want a quiet and relaxing stress-free lunch.Special Features: