9 East Main Street
Buford, GA 30518Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.speratarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (678) 765-7911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5pm- 10:00pm, Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hope
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater any event any size.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private 20 to 100 guests; personalized menus.
- Private Party Contact: Petra Hope 6785469111
- Entertainment: Occasional live jazz in the upstairs lounge. Call the restaurant for the upcoming schedule
- Special Events: Banquet room for special events seating up to 100 guests. Call the restaurant to arrange a tour of the facility.
A word from Sperata
Located in charming Historic Downtown Buford, Sperata offers an amazing fusion of delectable food and friendly service in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. The world-renowned chef and owner prepares meals around the freshest and finest quality ingredients, pleasing each distinct palette with mouth-watering aromas and flavors. The dinner menu includes such favorites as Grilled Scallops in Tomato Tapenade, Sperata House Salad, Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom, and Vanilla Bean Crème Brule, all cooked to perfection. Enjoy daily features, which include a variety of fish specialties such as Banana-Rum Crusted Halibut with Butternut Squash Ravioli and Coconut Lemongrass Sauce. Superb culinary creations are complimented by an exceptional wine list and full bar. Upstairs from the main dining room is an equally inviting function room that seats up to 100 guests and is perfect for private and corporate parties and entertaining. We invite you to a most pleasurable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Sperata - Best Restaurants in Buford ›
Sperata reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (33)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)Show More
- RichDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites in the quaint downtown area of Buford . The food is consistently well prepared and delicious. The roast duck and Cornish hen were fantastic as were the juicy pork chop and the surf and turf. The service was excellent. Our drink glasses were always full, the table spotless, and all the waiter's suggestions were spot on. This is a wonderful place for a romantic dinner or to gather with good friends for a lovely meal. It is cozy and elegant with warm woods, original artwork, and rich red walls. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Outstanding service by our waiter with outstanding knowledge of the menu and wine pairings. The food is prepared perfectly and is just top notch. Wonderful ambiance for a special dining experience.Special Features:
- great choice for special occasionEllenat7Dined on 10/28/2014food was really well prepared and tasty. Chef took effort to use seasonal veggies. Wine list is limited (and a bit overpriced) and the service was a bit slow). All round - we'd definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The best salmon I've ever hadGeekWstyleDined on 10/28/2014I love salmon. I really LOVE salmon. This was the best preparation I've ever had. It was cooked to absolute perfection (love those little pan seared crispy edges) and seasoned just enough to enhance the natural taste of the fish without overpowering anything. What surprised me the most were the brussel sprout side. I normally can't stand these but whatever Sperata's chef did to prepare them made them actually delicious. Service was a bit shaky to start as our waitress was serving all of the tables and the door. That smoothed out when a second waitress arrived. The staff was so friendly and engaging and the ambiance so nice that it wasn't an issue. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSoccergymDined on 10/27/2014Lovely little restaurant in downtown Buford. Service was spot on not to pushy but you didn't feel abandoned. Food was excellent cooked perfectly. Good variety with several tempting specials. Definetly plan on returning looking forward to seeing what specials the Chef has come up with. One of the best restaurants in Gwinnett.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go back!GaryAtlantaDined on 10/25/2014We invited our friends to return with us since my wife and I had a wonderful experience on our first visit two months ago. Took a long time for first contact; waitress was pleasant. Long time to get drinks; even longer time to order. Finally realized we were there an hour and no food or even bread basked. Complained. Salads soon arrived. Food finally arrived; mediocre. My Steak Diane was not worth the money; fatty. Asked for a bread basket; never got it. Bill is now iPhone type screen swiped at your table; tip choices are 18%, 20%, 25%. Intimidating with waitress staring at you while you decide (if any!). I don't like that procedure. Entire time in restaurant was 2 hrs 20 minutes. All four us agreed; we will not be back.
- Great Service & AmbianceLuv2DineOutDined on 10/24/2014Our server Oliver did a great job! Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Quiet SpottoomuchfoodDined on 10/23/2014This is a Buckhead quality restaurant tucked away in downtown Buford. My wife ordered a split lobster with crab, scallops and shrimp and I ordered a rack of lamb. The chef suggested that he could serve each entrée separately if we wanted to share, which we did. Both entrees were outstanding! Another highlight was the escargot. Rather than the traditional garlic butter, this was served in a delicious sauce with pieces of goat cheese added to the sauce. The service was excellent as always. I am sure all of the wait staff are very good, but we have been served by Michael on the last 2 visits and would highly recommend him. If you live northeast of Atlanta, Sperata offers a very nice alternative to the Buckhead restaurants.Special Features:
- Great placeSeleneDined on 10/16/2014The food is really good and the place is nice and quiet I went for my husbands birthday and he liked a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sperata!Ice2IceDined on 10/8/2014Just a great restaurant in Buford. The chef is amazing and the food is excellent. I have never had a bad meal here in 9+ years. Excellent for a romantic meal or just wanting to go out with friends. I love the house salad and always get it. One day I guess I should try something else but it is so good. Go give this place a try and find out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Dinner everBarneyDined on 9/28/2014I have dined at Sperata a number of times for business lunch meetings with clients. It has consistently provided class, great service and wonderful, made to order food. My wife and I recently dined there while celebrating anniversary #46. It had to be one of the dining highlights of our life. The young lady (I think Victoria) who was so gracious to truly "serve" us was wonderful. The atmosphere, lack of noise and decor made our time at Sperata that much better. Food......unbelievable and made to order. This is now our new "go out to dinner" place even though it is a 45 minute drive from home.Special Features:
- Get the fish and onion appetizer.PganraDined on 9/26/2014My Prime steak was terrible. Their square device to take payment sucks. Will not go back, will not endorse.
- KBD918Dined on 9/18/2014Celebrated my birthday! Had a great meal and enjoyed the ambience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't need to travel to buckheadwas1861Dined on 9/11/2014Wonderful food and service. Wine selection excellent. No need to travel to Buckhead or Atlanta for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were 4 for dinner. Food was good, service was okay. Great ambiance! Would have loved a drink list, not just a wine list.Special Features:
- has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our special occasion dinner was disappointing. My lamb medallions were pretty good but my husbands roasted rib eye could barely be found under all the unappetizing extras heaped on top of it. We now know why. There was more inedible gristle and fat than there was good meat. The desserts and bread were very good. Add a salad to that and you would be better off.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful time. Great food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Chris Hope Delivers!Scooter1Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I are genuine 'foodies' with many domestic and international dining experiences. Chef Chris Hope has definitely brought true world class cuisine to the USA with its venue in charming downtown Buford, GA. Many thanks to him and his staff for a consistently excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningJAR45Dined on 8/25/2014Fantastic food and service in a perfect atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Always a pleasant experience. Food is always fabulous. Ambiance is always romantic. One of the best in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding food and Michael, our waiter was great. Great choice for our first date!Special Features:
- Summer Evening with FamilyTravelingDinerDined on 8/20/2014Dined with my brother and sister-in-law who were visiting from Memphis. Food was excellent, as usual. There was a large party upstairs to which most attention was given. Our waitress made every effort to return to our table often to explain the delay. She did take one salad off the total bill as compensation for the long delay in our receiving our food. We had the onion tart for an appetizer which is one of my favorites. Never been disappointed in the food here.Special Features:
- Spectacular SperataSpartyDined on 8/18/2014Lives up to the reviews....everything was spectacular. Fried Green Tomato App was excellent paired with a Sauvignon Blanc, the specialty salads are HUGE and the chef's daily entrée - we had the Grouper - was perfect. I would highly recommend the wine flight - three very generous pours for $12 is the best wine value anywhere. Our waitress was Victoria, she did a wonderful job, knows the menu well and made nice suggestions. You won't be disappointed, give Sperata a try. This is a big city fine dining experience in the quaint city of Buford with out the big city prices - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service were top notch. Excellent wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Service was great, special requests were accommodated, and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- The following 447 reviews are from the Sperata reviews archive.
- to be small the taste is large!BabyjDined on 7/22/2014wonderful service & delicious food for restaurant week...so happy that they added the tilapia entree for restaurant week because honestly I was "feeling" the 3 choices given on the website BUT my friend insisted that we try it...and I so glad we did!Special Features:
- Nice place, worth a look.Eatingoutagain1Dined on 7/20/2014They mastered the hard part, good food. Fresh, hot and delicious. Wait staff was friendly and my water glass always full. However we were seated at a table near the kitchen counter and the waiters' butts were a constant view. The man at the next table used the flashlight on his iPhone to read the menu, and dinner for three took two hours. Not in a rush? Good restaurant. Don't forget your eyeglasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we took 4 other people with us. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. We just wish it was closer to our homes in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Fine RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014We took friends from Canada and another couple here for a special dinner. Once again, Sperata came through and confirmed its place as our #1 favorite place for fine dining. Owner/Chef Chris came out and chatted with us, which always makes us feel special. And our waiter, Oliver, is simply the very best in every way. But the real star of any visit to Sperata is the amazing food and wine. We have eaten at fine restaurants all over the U.S. and in Europe, but none is superior to Sperata. Every time we eat there becomes a special and memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Great FoodftcmmcDined on 7/12/2014Scallop App. was great, light but full of flavor. Lamb was the best I have ever had! Perfect medium rare with wonderful flavor!!Young server was very pleasant, but needed some more training.Special Features:
- Great find!foodsnobDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dining experience with friends. The summer menu with wine pairing was excellent - and a good value. We'll be going back and bringing more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously good!BrealiaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were just driving through on our way to Chateau Elan for the weekend. Decided to stop here for dinner since it was so late. My husband had the lobster and crab bisque and the duck while I had the caprese salad and the grouper. A++++ Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingfoodieDined on 6/21/2014Love this place and would recommend on a heartbeat. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!Falcon54Dined on 6/14/2014We tried Sperata for the first time, thanks to "Open Table". It's close to home, and the atmosphere is lovely. Since we had made a reservation, we were given a "window" table (very nice!). We were greeted immediately by friendly staff, our server was very knowledgeable regarding the menu and even offered to help me with my wine selection. Overall, it was a really nice dining experience & we are looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, relaxing atmosphereCaptKatoDined on 6/12/2014The food was fabulous, and on a weeknight it was nice and quiet, perfect for that special date night. Very good service as well with delightful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you, Mike!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014We had a fantastic time after discovering this restaurant through Open Table. Mike greeted us as soon as we walked in and made us feel comfortable immediately. He was very accomodating to our 9 month old son. Everything was great, but the potatos were beyond belief. I don't even know how they were prepared, but it was heaven. Thank you for the great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited to share about Sperata'sluv2eatoutDined on 6/8/2014OMG! I am in love with this restaurant...I knew of the restaurant and my husband and I had wanted to try it. However, when my sister was visiting, we decided to look for a special restaurant, for fine dining, her last evening. I reviewed Sperata's and found all were very good. Reservations made and off we went. The Chef's menu offered a three (3) wine sampling with his selection choices, and because I am "picky" I was allowed to choose from the regular menu. The food was superb! The service was exceptional. We chose to allow our server to select our wine, with each course, and she did excellent! Fine dining, smaller but very nice, yet comfortable. A delightful evening. I can hardly wait to go again! Don't wait.....y'all go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartiniDined on 6/2/2014Food was fantastic this place has been hidden I will be back as often as I can my new. Favorite placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014Sperata has a talent for making one feel special even in the midst of a hustle and bustle evening. We have never had a bad meal or experience there!Special Features:
- 5 Star************foodieDined on 5/30/2014Sparata lived to our expectations according to reviews read previously. LOVED IT staff was knowledgeable in all areas of food, wine etc...Michael thank You for the birthday candle that was thoughtful of you. We will see more of you Sparata in moths to come, DEFINITELY! GREAT JOB ALL. MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.