701 W. Baristo
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603273446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wadlund
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering features Spencer's Four Star Cuisine prepared under the direction of James Beard Award Winning, Executive Chef Eric Wadlund, as well as custom designed menus for every conceivable special occasion on or off-site. Contact Leslie Lombino-Ridge (760) 325-2313 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Spencer's offers special attention to private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Lombino-Ridge 7603252313x
- Entertainment: Piano AM & PM as well as live entertainment on most holidays.
A word from Spencer's Restaurant
Spencer's Ambience is the perfect blend of stylish elegance and comfortable informality. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Brunch in our newly expanded indoor dining room or our award winning temperature controlled patio. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains, Spencer's offers a popular Palm Springs tradition of culinary excellence featuring a fresh approach to classic American cuisine. Locally voted Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Brunch, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Gluten Free, Best Power Lunch, Best Wine List, Best Chef, Best Caterer and Most Romantic, Spencer's is Palm Springs' "it" place for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spencer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Spencer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (250)special occasion (211)romantic (182)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (147)great for brunch (140)great for lunch (140)notable wine list (86)good for groups (73)scenic view (58)hot spot (39)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Always the bestAwinrmVIPDined on 10/22/2014Spencer's has always been among the best restaurants in the Palm Springs area. The ambiance under the tree is amazing. The food is always top notch. The service great. Never disappointed....perfect setting....best foood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance definedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014We had another delicious meal the either night at Spencer's. The atmosphere is elegant and the wait staff attentive and gracious. Our meal was superb and served in a timely manner. We look forward to our next meal there in the near future.Special Features:
- "Must Do Dining"ElmoDined on 10/20/2014When visiting the Palm Springs area, Spencer's is a "must do" dining experience. Sheltered and tree covered outdoor dining is fun, while food, wine and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for every generationWestyDined on 10/20/2014My entire family, all three generations, love to go to Spencer's. It's beautiful, the outdoor dining under the trees is so gracious and the atmosphere is relaxed but every detail is attended to. My children, in their 30s, my mother in her 80s, all love this restaurant. The food is fabulous. We have been very happy with the wine selections. Our best pick for occasions and a wonderful meal with good friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding Patio DiningSparkyWDined on 10/20/2014Spencer's is a "must" dining experience in Palm Springs. The patio dining area is beautiful, with soft music playing, excellent service and terrific food.Special Features:
- BellasmamaDined on 10/19/2014Best place in the Palm Springs area from brunch. Fabulous ambience outside on the patioSpecial Features:
- A Nice Find in Palm SpringsDiamondGirl2Dined on 10/18/2014Our party of four was very happy with our dinner! We can wait to go back...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding food and service. Calamari was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in the desertRFHKVIPDined on 10/18/2014Chose Spencer's for its dog friendly patio and reviews. There were 4 for lunch and our dog. Two of us started with an appetizer 1 mushroom soup, the other gazpacho with lobster. Both were absolutely delicious. One guest ordered the meatloaf, another the lobster club sandwich, seafood salad and the last guest the salmon. We all enjoyed our meals and were pleased at our selections. Our waiter and staff were attentive refilling our glasses with water or iced tea. Next time were in Palm Springs we will return to Spencer's, perhaps in the evening to experience what appears to be a lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert gemJoanDined on 10/15/2014Finally went to Spencer's for dinner. Wasn't disappointed...large selection to choose from. The atmosphere was nice. We ate outdoors and were very comfortable. The service was excellent. Will definitely go back, but it's pricey, so special occasions. On a negative note, we used valet service. Although we didn't notice that night in the dark, but the next day there was a big scrap on the side of my car. I hadn't taken my car anywhere but Spencer's. Kinda hard to prove anything, but it couldn't have happened anywhere else.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellentpdx97201Dined on 10/13/2014Never fails to service good food in lovely atmosphere with exceptional serviceSpecial Features:
- Charming setting, attentive serviceWoodlandersDined on 10/12/2014Spencer's was very pretty, with an extensive menu (something for everyone) and well-prepared, though not amazing, food. I would recommend this restaurant for a very enjoyable over-all dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwayspspjoDined on 10/12/2014I always choose Spencer's when I want good food, good service and no unexpected issues. I wasn't disappointed. The friend and I have eaten many times and always have a great experience. Our server was outstanding. We arrived 15 minuted before our reservation time and were going to start with a drink at the bar. To our surprise we were shown to our table immediately and so we did our first drink in place and didn't have to move. The place was packed, but our server was totally attentive and available for any and every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJoejohnDined on 10/11/2014I took my wife to spencers for her birthday and it didn't disappoint,the food was excellent,the service was the same.i would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- The best food service in the desertNonyaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I almost hesitate in giving this restaurant a great rating but because it always has the greatest food and service bar none in the desert, I know Spencers will maintain their high standards. We returned again this year after celebrating our wedding dinner at Spencers a year ago. We found the same excellent food, drinks and friendly,accommodating and professional service that we experienced last year. We often dine at your wonderful restaurant each time we are in town and will be back in December.Special Features:
- Love it!DebraVIPDined on 10/11/2014Spencer's is such a special place. Gorgeous patio, fantastic food, great service - We just wish we lived closer so we could go more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in Palm SpringsTwrcVIPDined on 10/11/2014The 3 course Businessman Lunch is not to be missed, food items change everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG - What an experience!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 10/11/2014How can you top great food with the most increible outdoor seating area - paradise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialJohnny555VIPDined on 10/10/2014Another wonderful night at Spencer's. We were a large group but the wait staff and kitchen never missed a beat. Food, wine, service, always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakLindaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Everything was great but the bone-in rib eye was one of the best steaks I hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in Palm SpringsTwrcVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great 3 course Business Man Lunch with changing entrées every day starter, main course , dessert and coffee for $19.95 Great value excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goGordon213Dined on 10/8/2014As I said just go, even if it's just for the onion soupSpecial Features:
- Great evening, best of the weekScarlettDined on 10/8/2014Love everything about from the food, drinks, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No worry, no hurrycallmestuffedDined on 10/8/2014Restaurant was a great place for a casual dinner date with great ambiance. However, service was slow and restaurant was by no means packed with customers. Food was reasonably priced and rack of lamb was delicious but veal was a little dry but with good flavor. Would go there again for dinner to give it a second chance of improving service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect experiencehappyokDined on 10/7/2014My out of town guests were very pleased as was I as usualSpecial Features:
- Lovely EverythingEliseVIPDined on 10/7/2014Our first experience with Spencer's, two years ago, was disappointing. Since then we had both lunch and dinner and had a lovely time. The menu sounds fairly trite, but the preparations are interesting, skillfully prepared and presented, and very good. The ambiance is lovely, though a bit on the "older crowd" side. They have a delightful interior patio, a sunroom, and an interior dining room. In the summer, early fall, and late spring, the sunroom in particular is too warm for our tastes, but the dining room and patio (with the misters going when it's hot) provide a beautiful and comfortable setting. All in all, it’s one of the best restaurants Palm Springs has to offer. In season, you’ll definitely need to make a reservation.Special Features:
- A special last night in PSUKtoUSADined on 10/6/2014It was our last night and we booked what was recommended from my sister who had been 2 weeks previously. We were so glad, the outside dining with a great atmosphere, a good selection of food and delicious food, all four of us walked away extremely happy, full and satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisleadingClivieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I received a full menu in the mail and it indicated that they serve breakfast daily. I went there on a Sunday morning before 11 o'clock and they refused to honor their regular breakfast menu. Only their brunch menu which did not appeal to myself nor my husband. They were very on accommodating and unfriendly.Special Features:
- Amazing patio, nice brunchJDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Spencer's was really talked up so we tried it for brunch. It was a H-O-T day but we were still comfy the way they 'pumped' in cool air to their open air patio and had the trees that buffered the sun and kept in the mist from the misters. The menu had a nice selection though seemed to be missing a few killer omelets and other unique items expected in this caliper venue. The lobster benedict was nice though my husbands egg on his crab benedict was not cooked as ordered. He also ordered his hash browns well done and they were not which the server could clearly see when they were brought but did not ask. The fruit as a choice of a side was spectacular. Expected better service for the price but would go again to try the place for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent place for a special timeDocmc926Dined on 10/3/2014We had heard about Spencer's but had never been there until Friday night. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We sat outside right next to a tree. The menu had many choices especially since I'm a Vegitarian and my wife is not. The wine list was good and overall it lived up to the positive reviews. 5 stars all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The standardJohnny555VIPDined on 10/3/2014The Palm Springs standard by which all others are measured still leads the league. Great menu, spectacular setting and superior service.Special Features:
- Delicious fish choicesWendygrDined on 10/3/2014We ate here in a Thursday evening and took advantage of being able to eat outside. We ordered salad (to share) which was delicious and ample for two. My husband ordered the roasted sea bass that was served with rice and a side of vegetables. My entire was the crisp roasted Lake Superior white fish? It was done to perfection, crispy in the exterior, mild and flakey on the inside. A good choice for a lovely dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentGeocinqDined on 10/3/2014Great ambience...menu selection...service & wine list. Appetizers were exceptional...entres quite good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Springs Gourmet Comfort Foodblissfield1949VIPDined on 10/1/2014I entertained three colleagues at lunch the other day on the patio and the food could not have been more superb. The setting is casual tennis tropical but the servcie is first rate. The never ending menu has something for everyone and the freshness of the produce, meat and seadfood is a critical part of this restaurant's success. My salad Nicoise would have satified the most critical diner. You just plain feel better about life walkng away from one of Spencer's pleasingly delighful lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monkfish specialBimmer69guyDined on 9/29/2014The Monkfish Special, a rare item on menus,was outstanding in presentation and taste. As usual Spencer's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014So nice to find a place that is pet friendly and understands that pets are part of the familySpecial Features:
- Highly Recommend!!RogKayDined on 9/27/2014We went to Spencer's to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday and expected good service, but the staff was outstanding! We brought a 14 year old bottle of Opus One on which the cork was almost rotted out. 4 different staff members meticulously attempted to remove the cork with out damaging the wine inside.it took some time, but they never gave up and they did it! Without getting any cork into the wine! The food was delicious, again as expected,and the group had everything from pasta, to filet mignon and lobster. Though most of you would expect such service and food quality from this restaurant, I came in believing that our food and especially our service would be a bit compromised serving a large party of teen age girls, but it didnt!Special Features:
- PERFECTIONTWiiDined on 9/27/2014Being from out of town, I was not sure which restaurant to choose for my parent's 50th Anniversary dinner. We hit the jackpot! Spencer's reminded us of the truly elegant restaurants of days gone by. It was pure perfection from the moment we were greeted by the valet. Our meals were deliciously decadent. The personalized "Happy 50th Anniversary" with my parent's names in the menu was a special touch, as was the complimentary dessert with candles. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST PLACE IN TOWNLuvgoodfood2Dined on 9/26/2014I'M FROM CANADA AND EVERY TIME I VISIT PALM SPRINGS I EAT AT SPENCERS. FANTASTIC STAFF, PERFECT SETTING FOR JUST ABOUT ANY OCCASION AND THE FOOD IS ALWAYS AMAZING. I HAVE RECCOMENDED SPENCERS TO NUMEROUS PEOPLE AND WE ALL AGREE ITS THE BEST PLACE IN TOWN SEE YOU NEXT TIMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!donkDined on 9/26/2014Took guests to Spencer's for lunch after a marriage ceremony. The staff went out of their way to recognize their special day. What a pleasant surprise! I didn't even have to ask for the special treatment. Very rare these days.Special Features: