701 W. Baristo
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603273446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wadlund
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering features Spencer's Four Star Cuisine prepared under the direction of James Beard Award Winning, Executive Chef Eric Wadlund, as well as custom designed menus for every conceivable special occasion on or off-site. Contact Leslie Lombino-Ridge (760) 325-2313 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Spencer's offers special attention to private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Lombino-Ridge 7603252313x
- Entertainment: Piano AM & PM as well as live entertainment on most holidays.
A word from Spencer's Restaurant
Spencer's Ambience is the perfect blend of stylish elegance and comfortable informality. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Brunch in our newly expanded indoor dining room or our award winning temperature controlled patio. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains, Spencer's offers a popular Palm Springs tradition of culinary excellence featuring a fresh approach to classic American cuisine. Locally voted Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Brunch, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Gluten Free, Best Power Lunch, Best Wine List, Best Chef, Best Caterer and Most Romantic, Spencer's is Palm Springs' "it" place for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spencer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Spencer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (256)special occasion (233)romantic (199)fit for foodies (154)great for lunch (148)great for brunch (143)neighborhood gem (142)notable wine list (94)good for groups (65)scenic view (60)hot spot (37)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014So nice to find a place that is pet friendly and understands that pets are part of the familySpecial Features:
- Highly Recommend!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We went to Spencer's to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday and expected good service, but the staff was outstanding! We brought a 14 year old bottle of Opus One on which the cork was almost rotted out. 4 different staff members meticulously attempted to remove the cork with out damaging the wine inside.it took some time, but they never gave up and they did it! Without getting any cork into the wine! The food was delicious, again as expected,and the group had everything from pasta, to filet mignon and lobster. Though most of you would expect such service and food quality from this restaurant, I came in believing that our food and especially our service would be a bit compromised serving a large party of teen age girls, but it didnt!Special Features:
- PERFECTIONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Being from out of town, I was not sure which restaurant to choose for my parent's 50th Anniversary dinner. We hit the jackpot! Spencer's reminded us of the truly elegant restaurants of days gone by. It was pure perfection from the moment we were greeted by the valet. Our meals were deliciously decadent. The personalized "Happy 50th Anniversary" with my parent's names in the menu was a special touch, as was the complimentary dessert with candles. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!donkDined on 9/26/2014Took guests to Spencer's for lunch after a marriage ceremony. The staff went out of their way to recognize their special day. What a pleasant surprise! I didn't even have to ask for the special treatment. Very rare these days.Special Features:
- Under ImpressiveJeepGirlDined on 9/25/2014Usually eat there for lunch and enjoy it. Took a client to dinner and thought our pricey meal was underwhelming on each course. All portions were very large. The calamari could have been frozen it was that "just ok", massive amount. The ceasar salad at $11 was good not great and should be great at that price. The Chlean Sea Bass was good, mine had a tinge of fishyness to it but the way it was presented was very old school and amateurish. They have a $38 prix fixe menu that I wouldn't hesitate to go back for. I did enjoy a good wine dinner there once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencers Breakfast Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/23/2014Delicious Breakfast - the Eggs Benedict and Corned Beef Hash is amazingSpecial Features:
- FlossieDined on 9/22/2014During our visit we had the pleasure of having "Troy" as our waiter. He is always pleasant and knows his menu. We really appreciate being recognized by the staff each and every time we go.Special Features:
- Best Food in PSHOTELBOBBYDined on 9/21/2014Caviar, Jumbo Shrimp, White Fish. Trifecta Felipe is a spectacular waiter. Not a big deal, But. I asked the manager who sat me for a spicy Bloody Mary without horseradish. She said their mix included horseradish. Hmmm. Make it from scratch is 5 Star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Whim - Superb ExperienceWWCIIDined on 9/20/2014From the affable greeting by the hostess to our knowledgeable server this made for an superb visit. The Kung Pao Calamari appetizer possessed great flavor. I ordered the Reuben Sandwich and my better half went with the special (Bleu Burger with the sweet potato fries). I myself was pleasantly surprise by the ample serving size. Both quality selections. May I likewise suggest saving room for a dessert. The Vanilla Crème Brûlèè was a perfect closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting PlaceWallyTSDined on 9/19/2014Good menu for dinner, but not as properly priced as anticipated. Service was average. Overall experience was not as good as the time we enjoyed breakfast at Spencer's. It won't be on our list of regular dining places.Special Features:
- 5 Star!DiningdelightDined on 9/19/2014We went here to celebrate a special birthday. The staff was wonderful as they helped with the surprise guests. The wine suggestion was delicious, the calamari was the best we've had in the valley, the trout was cooked to perfection and the food portions were generous. Perfect everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinglaquintadinerDined on 9/18/2014We've dined at Spencer's in the past and always enjoyed it. This time, our waiter made the experience less than satisfying. He was slow to bring us menus, slow on the follow up and indifferent when he was at the table. At one point, he poured a glass of wine from our table bottle into my sister-in-law's glass. The problem was that she was drinking a different wine. He was less than apologetic and had the nerve to ask if she wanted another glass. And then he brought out a short pour. We finally took our bill to the reception desk for payment because it didn't seem like he was coming back. We'll try Spencer's again but make sure we have a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmslrsDined on 9/16/2014This is truly a great find in Palm Springs. I highly recommend the Beef Wellington Sandwichs as an appetizer although they may fill you up. They were unbelievablely tastey. The atmosphere is quite romantic and not too loud. It is right next to the mountains which really adds to the ambience. The service staff was quite polite and timely and did an excellent job. The suprise at the end was the check was reasonably priced for this level of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherryDined on 9/14/2014One of my favorite places in Palm Springs - I am a local and we go to Spencer's for holidays and special occasions. The waiters are fabulous - decant our wine - wonderful food - great restaurant.Special Features:
- SuperbSpencersgroupiesDined on 9/14/2014We always celebrate our special occasions here and have never been disappointed! We are always welcomed cheerfully and the waitstaff has always been very cordial and helpful! The food is plentiful and has always been superb! The value of the prix is great! We sometimes make a special Occasion just to go back! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencersGood4utoVIPDined on 9/13/2014We dine at Spencer every weekend on Saturday and Sunday while at our home in Palm Springs and last Saturday will be the last. The service was awful we had to get our own refills of coffee and ice team and chase waiters down for anything we needed. Beyond that annoyance the food was awful. I ordered my usual grilled cheese and bacon (medium) sandwich and when it arrived it had no bacon was dry, chewy, burned, and tough. When I asked for a side of medium bacon I was brought bacon that was way overdone and tasted like it had been reheated from the day before.
- another mealjillVIPDined on 9/11/2014I have eaten there almost every week for the last few months ...always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSteverVIPDined on 9/11/2014I took a friend to Spencer's for a birthday lunch, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the food, service and ambiance. The wait staff was friendly and attentive, and our server made great suggestions. They even had a special birthday greeting waiting inside my dining companion's menu! We both had the Lake Superior whitefish, which I was concerned about since we are so far from the Great Lakes, but it was superb.Special Features:
- Excellent dining spotavajdaDined on 9/10/2014This was our first time. We chose the fix menu. The food is tasty, nicely prepared and the portions are large. We recommend Spencer's as a fantastic restaurantSpecial Features:
- SanjoeDined on 9/10/2014Spencer's is one of our favorite places to go. It is an hours drive for us, but worth it! It never has disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable!BillVIPDined on 9/10/2014Probably the hot spot in the desert. Always consistent and always enjoyable. Waiters and staff are excellent, food is excellent and a beautiful setting. What more can you ask for? Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014All the food was flavorful and lovely. The service was plentiful and friendly. I highly recommend Spencer's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but expensiverkeyoDined on 9/7/2014The food was good, though not exceptional, and the portions were reasonable. They have a gazpacho with lobster that is way overspiced, and the lobster is flavorless. At $11, this was not a good deal. However, the service was good and the restaurant is pleasantly decorated. Piano music, too. Not bad, but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great secluded spotBOS2SANVIPDined on 9/7/2014Have been here before and find that their prices are very reasonable. My husband and I both ordered the eggs benedict. Sauce was very good and eggs were cooked perfectly. I ordered mine with side of fruit. Excellent serving size for a side - I couldn't finish it! My husband had fingerling potatoes with his and really liked the fresh seasoning. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to look atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014This is a lovely and stylish restaurant in Palm Springs but unfortunately the food and wait service do not live up to the promise. The front of house staff were cordial, professional and welcoming and even the valet was prompt and efficient but that is where the compliments end. The heavy handed use of extremes of garlic and truffle oil killed all other flavors in our dinner. While the quality of the meats were good, the prep was mediocre. Too bad for the patrons and the establishment. The waiter never even bothered to ask how things were but that may have been based on his past experience. I recommend people skip this place. It is not worth the cost.Special Features:
- So romanticLalalandfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Very very good find! Loved the atmosphere and the service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightTLewis35Dined on 9/6/2014Great for a date night! I took my boyfriend here and requested to sit outside because I had read that was the most romantic place in the restaurant to dine. I was not disappointed! We both loved the ambience and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!!xxxxxVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful place...ambiance, food, service, friendliness...perfect choice for us, for family (adult) and friends...always special...Special Features:
- ExWAfoodieDined on 9/5/2014I loved my naked tuna roll, but asked for wasabi. I found the hot red sauce a bit odd. Similarly, my husband wanted wasabi with his tuna nicoise. Don't know why his tomato slices were so pale, this is tomato season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Great service, wonderful atmosphere, good food and menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary, Indeed!KMacDined on 9/2/2014Thank you for helping to make our anniversary very special. We were blessed to have great friends with us and the little extra touches of the Happy Anniversary wish in the menu and the lovely dessert was spectacular... not to mention the rest of the meal. Spencer's is a must for us when we are in Palm Springs!Special Features:
- Spencer's RestaurantHerbDined on 9/1/2014We love Spencer's!!! We always go there to celebrate one of our ladies group's bday. We figured out that we don't need for a birthday to enjoy this great restaurant.Special Features:
- chocopieDined on 8/31/2014Their signature beef Wellington sliders were dry as anything and they served yellow ages micro greens on top of my scallops.... A shame because I wanted to enjoy this place. Ambience was lovely. Pity about the food.Special Features:
- 3 times in a Day!bellaVIPDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner in a day with friends, all together there were 21 in all three dining experiences. I frequent Spencers on a regular basis, as I'm a member at the Palm Springs Tennis Club, and Spencers at the Mountain is the restaurant on the property. I LOVE Spencers!Special Features:
- Nice gemMiCoJDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! The crispky skin white fish was perfect!Special Features:
- bobyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Definitely the best we've had in that neck of the woods. We'll do it again....dinner next time.Special Features:
- Great anniversaryRodnSteveDined on 8/29/2014The extra touches provided by Spencer's on the occasion of our wedding anniversary dinner were very special and made our celebration memorable and unique. Genuine attention to detail.Special Features:
- Spencer's = ClassDavidBDined on 8/28/2014First class service, food and ambiance....we have dined here on several occasions and they have never let us down.Special Features:
- Always A PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014It's always a pleasure for me and the service team, who by the way give the impression it's their pleasure as well. Nice to pull off in a very popular restaurant. i The server, Michele, andher team were caring and attentitive. Everyone made sure the birthday experience for my friend was terrific. We had orignally been a party of three, but soon learned after arriving that the third peson was detained at work. Michele was lovely and begged me not to apologize for the four-top they had given us. she said no problem and quickly removed the other place setting to make it service for two.Special Features:
- Best of the BestHappy2eatDined on 8/28/2014This is a class act! The moment we entered we were greeted with a friendly hello. When the reservation was made, I told the restaurant we were celebrating a birthday. The hostess immediately asked who was having a birthday. When told, the birthday celebrant was wished a "Happy Birthday" and we were taken to our seats. Inside the menu was a birthday greeting. When the wait staff arrived, once again the birthday person was wished another "Happy Birthday" and then recited the specials of the day. The service and food was outstanding. The presentation was exceptional. The piano player was nearby (is there another place that has live music at lunch?) and took requests as well as playing Happy Birthday. Our visit was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.