701 W. Baristo
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603273446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wadlund
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering features Spencer's Four Star Cuisine prepared under the direction of James Beard Award Winning, Executive Chef Eric Wadlund, as well as custom designed menus for every conceivable special occasion on or off-site. Contact Leslie Lombino-Ridge (760) 325-2313 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Spencer's offers special attention to private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Lombino-Ridge 7603252313x
- Entertainment: Piano AM & PM as well as live entertainment on most holidays.
A word from Spencer's Restaurant
Spencer's Ambience is the perfect blend of stylish elegance and comfortable informality. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Brunch in our newly expanded indoor dining room or our award winning temperature controlled patio. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains, Spencer's offers a popular Palm Springs tradition of culinary excellence featuring a fresh approach to classic American cuisine. Locally voted Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Brunch, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Gluten Free, Best Power Lunch, Best Wine List, Best Chef, Best Caterer and Most Romantic, Spencer's is Palm Springs' "it" place for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Spencer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Spencer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
349 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (274)special occasion (236)romantic (217)great for brunch (154)great for lunch (148)fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (143)notable wine list (98)good for groups (66)scenic view (56)hot spot (31)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- chocopieDined on 8/31/2014Their signature beef Wellington sliders were dry as anything and they served yellow ages micro greens on top of my scallops.... A shame because I wanted to enjoy this place. Ambience was lovely. Pity about the food.Special Features:
- 3 times in a Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner in a day with friends, all together there were 21 in all three dining experiences. I frequent Spencers on a regular basis, as I'm a member at the Palm Springs Tennis Club, and Spencers at the Mountain is the restaurant on the property. I LOVE Spencers!Special Features:
- Nice gemMiCoJDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! The crispky skin white fish was perfect!Special Features:
- bobyDined on 8/30/2014Definitely the best we've had in that neck of the woods. We'll do it again....dinner next time.Special Features:
- Great anniversaryRodnSteveDined on 8/29/2014The extra touches provided by Spencer's on the occasion of our wedding anniversary dinner were very special and made our celebration memorable and unique. Genuine attention to detail.Special Features:
- Spencer's = ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014First class service, food and ambiance....we have dined here on several occasions and they have never let us down.Special Features:
- Always A PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014It's always a pleasure for me and the service team, who by the way give the impression it's their pleasure as well. Nice to pull off in a very popular restaurant. i The server, Michele, andher team were caring and attentitive. Everyone made sure the birthday experience for my friend was terrific. We had orignally been a party of three, but soon learned after arriving that the third peson was detained at work. Michele was lovely and begged me not to apologize for the four-top they had given us. she said no problem and quickly removed the other place setting to make it service for two.Special Features:
- Palm Punches were my fav!TomSJVIPDined on 8/27/2014The heat outside was really bad, but thankfully their outdoor area has those little sprinkler things and fans to keep you cool so eating outside was actually quite nice. The $4 Palm punch was soooooo good. Great value and tasty. The food was also delicious, albeit expensive, and was presented nicely. The Macaroni Au Gratin (mac n cheese) was soooo good, too!Special Features:
- great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Despite the gracious atmosphere and ambiance, this is a very reasonable place for a business lunch. You get wonderful food, expertly served with a fine dining experience for less than you would expect from such a Palm Springs icon.Special Features:
- Desert Stars DiningScottDinesDined on 8/25/2014My first visit to Spencer's was magical - spherical twinkle lights cast a magical glow under desert skies as wonderful food was served. Although there were some hits and misses, the entire experience was wonderfully romantic. Recommended.Special Features:
- our anniversarylovedinningDined on 8/25/2014It was a special night...we didnt like the wine and send it back without question asked. Great service, I had the rack of lamd, cooked perfectly as the way I like it. My husband got the fillet mignion, it also came out as he wished. Kungpao calamarie was great..the portion is big. Love this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic outdoor patioShanDined on 8/25/2014The ambience is so nice. Beautiful patio with huge trees lending shade. The service was slow and not remarkable. I ordered the BLT and the bacon was under done and the tomatoes were over ripe. Not what I expected from Spencer's. I will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Palm Springs has to offerKMacDined on 8/24/2014Whenever I am in Palm Springs, Spencer's is at the top of our list for dining. Shall look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- bbestbbeastDined on 8/24/2014their crab cake eggs benedict were perfectly delicious in every way--eggs soft--generous crab meat-- crispy muffin the live piano music plays softly in the backround the wait staff are very efficient and friendly the ambience is beautiful a lovely place for adult diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in the gardenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Eating brunch here is not inexpensive but is very enjoyable. Our french toast and eggs Benedict were delicious with particularly nice bacon. The setting outside was lovely with fans to keep you comfortable. Service was professional. The place was filled with regulars from the tennis club but as "outsiders" we felt welcomed. For an elegant and romantic brunch, I would recommend here.Special Features:
- Francisco's Name Day!ConstanceDined on 8/23/2014We came to Palm Springs for the weekend to celebrate Francisco's Name Day and I wanted to treat him to Spencer's and being a theatre actress my funds are not exuberant. Yet immediately from the moment of walking into the door we were treated with warmth and kindness. I thought it may have been too fancy for us yet they quickly allowed to feel comfortable and welcomed. Our waitress was so sweet even as she was dealing with a table who returned their food twice! The service was above & beyond-we never even waited for water refills! We were going to Great Shakes for dessert and as we were paying the waitress came out with a bowl of ice cream and a candle?! I mean it was just too much! Thank you Spencer's we will most certainly be back.Special Features:
- QuaintBlondieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great romantic dinner place:) The patio is the best plae to dine!! Great food as well.Special Features:
- Always a great choice…4alarkVIPDined on 8/20/2014Spencer's was the first dining experience we had in Palm Springs a decade ago and it is still the place we take special friends to for any celebration.Special Features:
- PerfectJohnny555VIPDined on 8/20/2014Always great. Menu, wine, service is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRickDined on 8/19/2014The most dependable restaurant in the Coachella ValleySpecial Features:
- Spencer's overall experiencePumpkinpuss1Dined on 8/19/2014I always have a great experience at Spencer's. I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and love the piano player. It adds class. I highly recommend this restruant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, ambience and service. A must in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great brunchKidfreeDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I came here for Sunday brunch. If you like lobster, this place has a lot of choices for brunch with lobster. We started with the purple Palm drink and a Caribbean fruity drink but I can't remember the name. They were both great but the purple Palm was soooo good. We got the coconut shrimp for an app, they were realy large and very well prepared. For meals we then decided on the lobster Benedict and lobster omelette which came with a cold corn bisque and vanilla bean creme brûlée. All of it was fantastic! The lobster was cooked perfectly and there was tons of it in all te dishes, even the soup. We will definitely go there again when in PS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine Meal!MarcassoVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love coming here. You can always expect impeccable service, wonderful food, and an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Overrated!OutoftownerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice ambience, good space, decent service. Food, however was not up to snuff. The shrimp salad had barely cooked shrimp and a flavorless dressing. The crispy calamari wasn't crisp, and the lobster dumplings had no lobster flavor. The one thing that was decent was the grilled cheese--clearly not a major culinary challenge.
- Always perfect!DesertVIPDined on 8/16/2014Spencer's is always perfect. The food is very special and the service is just what you would expect. It is a first choice when the best is expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!realfussyfolksVIPDined on 8/15/2014Extensive menu that will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Great for patio dining or at an inside table. Food always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencecubaninPSDined on 8/13/2014We where celebrating my birthday and my husband mine 1st wedding anniversary.. When I mad the reservation I let them know. Well we we open the menus one said Happy Birthday to me and the other said Happy Anniversary.. That to me is a very special touch love it. We had a great night and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Unique patio under the treesWeluv2eatoutDined on 8/13/2014Loved the beautiful patio under huge trees, with misting to counteract the heat. Very good service but surprised that the food wasn't exceptional, given the great reviews. Would recommend it for the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!!xxxxxVIPDined on 8/11/2014As always...wonderful surroundings, food and service...unbeatable combinations...special occasions or an evening with friends or family...no better place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodthorsonDined on 8/10/2014always good, never a bad meal or occasion. can get a bit hectic in season, because its good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMarcassoVIPDined on 8/10/2014This place had great food and live piano music inside where we sat. The service was a bit slow. Which surprised me since there weren't that many folks in the dining room and they usually are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostpleasedDined on 8/8/2014The service was outstanding, the food was delicious and the prices reasonable. My friends and I plan on returning; it is a great location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Most Palm Springs restaurants are known for either their food or their atmosphere. Spencer's is a perfect blend of both. The staff was professional and attentive. There wasn't a false note to the evening. We will definitely be returning. Be warned, though..the portions are manly! This is NOT the place for people dieting.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerleoladyDined on 8/8/2014My husband and (adult) daughter had a lovely dinner to celebrate my Birthday. We eat early and it's the middle of summer, so there wasn't a crowd, which is how we like it. The service was impeccable and very friendly. There was a beautiful Happy Birthday Linda page in my menu which was a nice surprise. Then a lovely bowl of ice cream with berries with a candle on it was presented to me after the meal. Very nice evening. We live close to Spencer's and I enjoy going there with friends and family for lunch. I've never had a bad experience there. The outdoor patio is my favorite place to sit but when it's really hot, the indoor patio (garden room) is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/7/2014Spencer's is always a must when visiting the desert. It never disappoints - the food, service and, of course, the ambience!Special Features:
- FoodGloriaDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is certainly great for atmosphere my two other guest were disappointed in the food. My chicken with Dijon Mustard tarragon sauce was not flavorful and bland, the other guest had steak salad which was tough and a little grizzly, and the other eggs benedict were too runny when should have been medium. So it appears all of us were disappointed. We were there other times and were very satisfied.Special Features:
- Another dinnerjillVIPDined on 8/5/2014Again a marvelous night at Spencer's. Sitting outside was glorious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchbirthdaybrunchDined on 8/3/2014since we have lived here almost 3 yrs now and have eaten at or worked at most of the fine dining places in ps..and we never had been to spencers we went! it was great! the lobster Benedict..i am still thinking about, and the lobster omelette...they must use a secret because it was so tasty and fluffy! service was really good our waitress was a pro, no doubt, most likely wil return..oh nd they brought us an ice cream desser for the bday boy..also, very good!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014the outside dinner was great. Fans a little bit noisy but necessary for this time of year in Palm Springs.Special Features: