701 W. Baristo
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (760) 327-3446
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wadlund
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering features Spencer's Four Star Cuisine prepared under the direction of James Beard Award Winning, Executive Chef Eric Wadlund, as well as custom designed menus for every conceivable special occasion on or off-site. Contact Leslie Lombino-Ridge (760) 325-2313 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Spencer's offers special attention to private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Lombino-Ridge 7603252313x
- Entertainment: Piano AM & PM as well as live entertainment on most holidays.
A word from Spencer's Restaurant
Spencer's Ambience is the perfect blend of stylish elegance and comfortable informality. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Brunch in our newly expanded indoor dining room or our award winning temperature controlled patio. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains, Spencer's offers a popular Palm Springs tradition of culinary excellence featuring a fresh approach to classic American cuisine. Locally voted Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Brunch, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Gluten Free, Best Power Lunch, Best Wine List, Best Chef, Best Caterer and Most Romantic, Spencer's is Palm Springs' "it" place for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spencer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Spencer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (246)special occasion (199)romantic (174)fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (146)great for lunch (139)great for brunch (128)notable wine list (87)good for groups (77)scenic view (52)hot spot (42)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Line judgeLinejudgeDined on 11/24/2014Excellent...impeccable service....perfect food, menu, presentation, wine list. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer's after a hike!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014We bring our cute (quiet) little dog and as she get's a nice bowl of ice water,..my husband and I LOVE the breakfast !! ... and the brunches,.. .. and everything about the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great everythingShannonDined on 11/22/2014Booked a special romantic dinner and was not disappointed. Our waiter was great, food superb, and the prices were very reasonable. He arranged a special chocolate lava cake that was off the charts amazing. The location is great, right next to the mountains, and off the beaten path. We ended up coming back the next morning for brunch and played tennis at the historic tennis club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Dining ExperienceShangrilaDined on 11/22/2014Restaurant continues to satisfy. From the Valet to the bar to the table they make you comfortable. It is what a dining experience should be. Competent, dependable but not full of themselves not ostentatious. Customers are the King and Queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor waiterJasulaDined on 11/22/2014We have been to Spencer's many times and love the ambience. We always enjoy great food, the best lamb anywhere, and great wine list. Our waiter this time acted like he really did not want to be there. Not up to the Spencer's standard at all. This sounds petty, but we have never had to pour our own wine there before. We were drinking slowly and really enjoying our wine (and food!) but he did not check our table until the wine bottle was empty. Not great for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous again!CalgarianDined on 11/20/2014Third time here for lunch during a three week period. Different menu for the prix fixe lunch each time. Every time has been terrific! More food than a person can eat.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningWestyDined on 11/17/2014We love Spencers for its ambiance, service, beautiful outdoor dining and it's air of authentic Palm Springs. The servers treat the diners with a warm reverence that is rare. It is a beautiful setting for a dinner with family or friends. All generations of our family request a reservation at Spencers when we plan for their time in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second time here.SBALAXDined on 11/15/2014This time for lunch. Excellent food and great service. It's worth the $3.00 + tip Valet Parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/14/2014We have been debating for years about going here, a local Resturant that we had preconceived notions about. They are always advertising in the paper so was sceptical. Well we were so wrong about not going sooner. It was fantastic. We sat outside, the service was top notch, food was great & their wine list very complete. We will be back. The place was packed by the time we left. You have to try it, don't wait like we did, a real Palm Springs treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!CalgarianDined on 11/14/2014We had an amazing three course lunch for $20. All portions were full size and coffee was included. The choices were lobster bisque or salad as the starter, ribs or bacon wrapped shrimp as the main course, and pecan pie with whipped cream and ice cream for dessert. There was no difficulty substituting carrots for the broccolini and there were more carrots than I could eat. Our waiter was a fabulous and very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined DinningOhNoEatingAgainDined on 11/13/2014Spencers is sophisticated and charming at the same time. They have a great wine cellar to pair with their interesting menu. On the evening we were there, the restaurant offered live piano music. The service is personal and professional. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2goDined on 11/13/2014Love the restaurant, love the ambiance and love the food! You must go to Spencer's if you visit Palm Springs. You will never be disappointed. It is old Palm Springs at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply PerfectJulingtonResidentVIPDined on 11/11/2014I had an amazing birthday dinner at Spencer's. The ambiance was warm and romantic. From the birthday message in the menu, to the attentive service and delicious food, everything was perfect. My husband and I will definitely return the next time we are in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is the starmissthillDined on 11/10/2014This is a great restaurant, but I limit it to special occasions since it can be expensive; HOWEVER, the staff/service are worth the money. The rack of lamb and mushroom bisque were exquisite! This has become my new "go to" place for special occasions! Ask for Simon...he is wonderful :-)Special Features:
- Elegant dining in Palm SpringsRegularJoeVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was my 2nd time at Spencers and I was impressed both times. Food, service and ambiance were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELIGHTED1Delighted1VIPDined on 11/6/2014We eat at Spencer's every time we are in the area. It is a must for us and always one of our first reservations. We love the liver! It is the finest if you are a "liver lover" Their are other great items but we can't past our favorite. The staff and our server were so friendly and accommodating. Patio dining is our favorite. Great wine selection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, outstanding food!LindaHDined on 11/2/2014The food, service and ambience of this restaurant are all first class! We chose the fixed price menu but can't wait to go back and choose from the a la carte menu!Special Features:
- another great experiencemaggie218Dined on 11/1/2014This was at least our tenth time to Spencer's but was our first time having dinner there. We ate out on the patio and it was fantastic. Spencer's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect - Always perfect!DesertVIPDined on 11/1/2014It is amazing that this restaurant can always be perfect in every aspect - service, food, ambiance, setting, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menulikes2eatoutDined on 10/31/2014The menu for lunch has an outstanding number of interesting entrees which we found those we ordered to be very tasty along with being visually quite appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014This was my second visit to Spencer's while visiting from the UK & I love it. Such a nice atmosphere, great service and great location.Special Features:
- Very Nice!coxyDined on 10/30/2014We were here twice, one breakfast and one dinner. Breakfast was wonderful with the Spencer's Waffle and croissant sandwich both delectable. We both had the crispy Whitefish for dinner and enjoyed it very much. The only downside is that a man sitting at the table close to us really liked to hear himself go on and on and obviously thought everyone was interested too. He was so obnoxious it seriously marred our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Palm Springs Style RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 10/28/2014Old style Palm Springs restaurant with lovely outdoor patio. If you want the outdoor patio, be certain to state so in your reservations. Even then, you may not get it as it is very popular. Food is good; wine list is extensive.Special Features:
- Confusion regarding reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014We arrived a few minutes before the 6:30 reservation and were told we've have to wait even though half the restaurant was still empty. We mentioned we had asked for a window/wall table the girl said "Oh, those have been reserved." We were kept waiting. The girl seemed confused and not with it as she seated other tables. Finally, after waiting well past our reserved time I inquired. She offered a terrible table even though others were available. Turns out she didn't read the reservation. Thought we were part of two instead of four. An associate stepped in and solved the problem. I didn't appreciate being told nice tables had been reserved for months. I'm a regular here. Won't be anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014Always an enjoyable experience. Highly recommend. Eat in the outside dining room to enhance the experience.Special Features:
- A favorite!bdfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been enjoying Spencers for years. Lunch or Dinner this place is soooo Palm Springs and has that great wonderful blend of classic and current local vibe. Lunch is my favorite time to visit Spencers. Lobster Bisque and the triple decker club, a Rueben or Cobb Salad just hits the spot. The views of the Tennis scene and mountain vistas are just right. This is definitely a "fav" and a place I love to share with our family and friends.Special Features:
- Always the bestAwinrmVIPDined on 10/22/2014Spencer's has always been among the best restaurants in the Palm Springs area. The ambiance under the tree is amazing. The food is always top notch. The service great. Never disappointed....perfect setting....best foood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance definedPacman3Dined on 10/20/2014We had another delicious meal the either night at Spencer's. The atmosphere is elegant and the wait staff attentive and gracious. Our meal was superb and served in a timely manner. We look forward to our next meal there in the near future.Special Features:
- "Must Do Dining"ElmoDined on 10/20/2014When visiting the Palm Springs area, Spencer's is a "must do" dining experience. Sheltered and tree covered outdoor dining is fun, while food, wine and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for every generationWestyDined on 10/20/2014My entire family, all three generations, love to go to Spencer's. It's beautiful, the outdoor dining under the trees is so gracious and the atmosphere is relaxed but every detail is attended to. My children, in their 30s, my mother in her 80s, all love this restaurant. The food is fabulous. We have been very happy with the wine selections. Our best pick for occasions and a wonderful meal with good friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding Patio DiningSparkyWDined on 10/20/2014Spencer's is a "must" dining experience in Palm Springs. The patio dining area is beautiful, with soft music playing, excellent service and terrific food.Special Features:
- BellasmamaDined on 10/19/2014Best place in the Palm Springs area from brunch. Fabulous ambience outside on the patioSpecial Features:
- A Nice Find in Palm SpringsDiamondGirl2Dined on 10/18/2014Our party of four was very happy with our dinner! We can wait to go back...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding food and service. Calamari was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in the desertRFHKVIPDined on 10/18/2014Chose Spencer's for its dog friendly patio and reviews. There were 4 for lunch and our dog. Two of us started with an appetizer 1 mushroom soup, the other gazpacho with lobster. Both were absolutely delicious. One guest ordered the meatloaf, another the lobster club sandwich, seafood salad and the last guest the salmon. We all enjoyed our meals and were pleased at our selections. Our waiter and staff were attentive refilling our glasses with water or iced tea. Next time were in Palm Springs we will return to Spencer's, perhaps in the evening to experience what appears to be a lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romatic AnniversaryMCoinDined on 10/17/2014Romantic Anniversary dinner complete with top notch martinis and old fashioned's. We were visiting from out of town and was our best dining experience in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Desert gemJoanDined on 10/15/2014Finally went to Spencer's for dinner. Wasn't disappointed...large selection to choose from. The atmosphere was nice. We ate outdoors and were very comfortable. The service was excellent. Will definitely go back, but it's pricey, so special occasions. On a negative note, we used valet service. Although we didn't notice that night in the dark, but the next day there was a big scrap on the side of my car. I hadn't taken my car anywhere but Spencer's. Kinda hard to prove anything, but it couldn't have happened anywhere else.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellentpdx97201Dined on 10/13/2014Never fails to service good food in lovely atmosphere with exceptional serviceSpecial Features:
- Charming setting, attentive serviceWoodlandersDined on 10/12/2014Spencer's was very pretty, with an extensive menu (something for everyone) and well-prepared, though not amazing, food. I would recommend this restaurant for a very enjoyable over-all dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwayspspjoDined on 10/12/2014I always choose Spencer's when I want good food, good service and no unexpected issues. I wasn't disappointed. The friend and I have eaten many times and always have a great experience. Our server was outstanding. We arrived 15 minuted before our reservation time and were going to start with a drink at the bar. To our surprise we were shown to our table immediately and so we did our first drink in place and didn't have to move. The place was packed, but our server was totally attentive and available for any and every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.