Hilton Americas Houston
1600 Lamar St.
Houston, TX 77010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spencersforsteaksandchops.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7135778325
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Kyle Dennis, Chef de Cusine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private facilities for up to 40 dinner guests or 100 guests for cocktail reception. Spencer’s For Steaks and Chops is the perfect place to host your next party. Whether you are simply having a romantic dinner or a company office party, Spencer’s private rooms are ideal for every special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Assad Rahmatullah 7135778325
- Entertainment: Spencer’s Lounge, located lobby-level inside the luxurious downtown Hilton Americas-Houston, is the ideal location to meet with friends or entertain associates. Enjoy friendly conversation, hand-crafted martinis and selections from Spencer’s vast wine list as you relax in the comfort of the lounge’s lavish surroundings. To satisfy your hunger, choose from a wide variety of featured dining selections available on the lounge’s menu, or adjourn to Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops to complete your evening out on the town.
A word from Spencer's
Spencer’s for Steak and Chops, conveniently located lobby-level in Hilton Americas-Houston, is open for lunch and dinner specializing in USDA Prime Beef, the most tender and flavorful of steaks. But Spencer’s is more than just steaks; seafood, chops and innovative side dishes combine to make Spencer’s the ultimate in fine dining. Offering one of Houston’s most extensive wine lists, Spencer’s is not your typical steakhouse, always maintaining the highest standards for taste and quality for which they are famous. Dine in our luxuriously appointed dining room, or choose from two glass enclosed wine rooms providing a sophisticated private dining option for groups of two to twelve. Spencer’s Lounge, located adjacent to Spencer's restaurant, is the ideal location to meet with friends or entertain associates. Enjoy friendly conversation, hand-crafted martinis and selections from Spencer’s vast wine list as you relax in the comfort of the lounge’s lavish surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012I guess I expected too much. Wait staff was excellent. The place was not busy at all. Food took over 20 minutes to be served. My wife's filet ($48) was requested medium well "a little pink". Steak was basically burnt on the outside, no pink in the middle. Not slightly charred from flame, burnt. My Ribeye ($48)(Spencer's steak) was also ordered Medium well " a little pink inside". Steak came out overly well done with no pink inside, dry and flavorless. Signature Mashed potatoes ($10)were over-seasoned and had a very odd after taste, almost chemical. Salad was excellent with a mix of field greens and a really good balsamic vinaigrette. Very fresh tasting. Once again, wait staff was excellent. Director was kind and courteous.
- Spencer's is delicious!! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012Spencer's is delicious!! We will definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Great food Great service It'sFredCoDined on 11/15/2012Great food Great service It's a shame they are closing down todaySpecial Features:
- Service, and ambiance wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2012Service, and ambiance were excellent for a steak house. The chicken entree was the highest quality we've enjoyed outside of France. We've recommended it to our friends and will be back.Special Features:
- Keep this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2012Perfect in every way. Hope Spencer's returns in a new location.Special Features:
- great place. food was excellentandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012great place. food was excellentand service was outstanding. plan to dine there again next time in Houston, txSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceJbrayVIPDined on 11/10/2012My wife and I had dinner at the Houston Spencer's. They have great food--appetizers were delicious. We shared the crab cakes and tomato salad. Steaks were cooked just as ordered. My wife likes her really rare and Spencer's is one of the few places that will actually serve it this way. Delecious dessert--my wife is not a sweat's person, but she ate all of her deconstructed apple pie. My chocalate cake was very good--just too much after such a large meal. Service was first rate and the atmosphere is excellent. Unfortunately, we were told that the restaurant is being closed by the City of Houston on November 16--they decided to rent the space to another group that will turn this elegant dining experience into a Mexican food place--boSpecial Features:
- Martin provided very nicericlinVIPDined on 11/10/2012Martin provided very nice service.Bread pudding was excellent. Bar was comfortable.
- We had a great time and trulyHerveyvDined on 11/9/2012We had a great time and truly the food was outstanding and so was the service I would definetly return again. Their steaks are amazing and so were the drinks.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andDianzpianoDined on 10/30/2012The food was excellent and plentiful; our server "made" the meal. He was delightful.Special Features:
- As good as the food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/26/2012As good as the food/service at Spencer's were, we were informed by our waiter that the restaurant is closing in mid-November. The hotel in which it is housed is going with a completely different concept in that space. What a shame! We had spent the evening thinking that we had just found a 'go to' restaurant for trips downtown. No such luck...Special Features:
- We went before a concert atrh1025Dined on 10/25/2012We went before a concert at the Toyota Center so it was pretty lively in the hotel. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. the food was excellent as well. We had the crab cakes for a starter which were relish! Then my friend and I shared the 8 oz filet with the oscar topping. I ordered the sauteed msuhrooms but sent them back, not very good and ordered the creamed spinach. That was good as well as the bread pudding for dessert. Its pricey, but I had a groupon so it knocked off quite a bit.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-concert diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Perfect pre-concert dining spot. Attentive staff the entire time. Great seating choices. All of these plus perfectly prepared food and amazing wine selection. Valet service is especially appreciated.Special Features:
- Spencer's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food was great and the service was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection and the macaroni and cheese was very good. The ambience was romantic. .Special Features:
- Food is great and the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food is great and the location is good if you are going to Toyota Center or downtown area. The service was excellent and the menu had enough variety for fine dining.Special Features:
- As always, the service atKfgHDined on 10/20/2012As always, the service at Spencer's is top notch, and the food is wonderful. Good to return and find the same experienced, professional servers who know how to make your dining experience relaxing through successful timing and personal attention.
- Steaks weren't that greatCarnivoreDined on 10/19/2012Steaks weren't that great for the prices they charge. Any of the other name brand steakhouses have better steaks for the same price.
- Wonderful evening at Spencer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012We really loved our first visit to Spencer's. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. All of the appetizers we ate were outstanding but of particular note were the corn chowder and oysters. Our waiter deftly guided us through the menu and was a really big help in keeping us on a schedule to allow us to get to the theatre on time. We went light on entrees saving room for the delicious dessert menu but the halibut was really delicious. The dessert trio was very rich and our table had mixed reactions to the pumpkin spice gelato not because it didn't taste good. It just wasn't what some of us expected. A special treat of the evening was a cranberry sorbet made with Ketel One...incredible!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Wonderful dinner. Everything is delicious, especially the crab cakes.Special Features:
- The ambiance is very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2012The ambiance is very good for a hotel restaurant. Great colors and great lighting. Most importantly the food was excellent and topped off with friendly but not intrusive service. Next time I am in Houston I will eat here again.Special Features:
- Very quiet and intimate settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012Very quiet and intimate setting but food was just ok for the price. Staff was very friendly and helpful!Special Features:
- The restaurant wasn't badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012The restaurant wasn't bad and the service was great. However, the food, especially for the price, was definitely nothing to write home about. There are many much, much better restaurants for the same prices around Houston.
- Everything was fabulous!HugeBobbyFanDined on 9/29/2012Everything was fabulous! It is one of the best steaks in town. The service is always remarkable as well, we love that place! We highly recommend it, whether you are celebrating a special occasion, want something romantic, or just in need of an amazing steak. Cheers!Special Features:
- The food here is always wonderfulpkwhouVIPDined on 9/25/2012The food here is always wonderful (especially the hash browns!). The service is incredibly attentive. It is a great steakhouse.Special Features:
- Love Spencers!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012I love this restaurant! I've been there twice, once just because and the other day for my 25th Birthday. Both times my boyfriend and I dined here they sat us in a private glass wine room, which was super fancy and romantic. The food is excellent and the service is great too. My boyfriend is a cattle rancher and he said that the ribeye he had (both times) was only second to his own. :) I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. It is inside the Hilton Americas Downtown, and Spencer's will validate your valet parking. Also, both times we went we had a Bloomspot coupon, so look out for those because they are great deals! And the staff is not snobby about you using a "coupon".Special Features:
- pleasently surprised by thestarVIPDined on 9/22/2012pleasently surprised by the quality of the food, great staff and would return
- Very enjoyable dinner, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012Very enjoyable dinner, the crab cakes were excellent very little filler mostly crab. Must have the Spencers loaded hash brown.Special Features:
- the food was blend... nothingSeanMVIPDined on 9/15/2012the food was blend... nothing special for the prices they charged... there are a lot better steakhouses for the price that they charge.
- This place was amazing. IMsdupl1Dined on 9/15/2012This place was amazing. I heard great reviews but my personal experience was awesome! The ambiance was fantastic. Our servers, Kathy & Toni were wonderful. The food was great. The chef came out to make sure we were enjoying our food and to wishe my friend a happy birthday. I would recommend Spencer's for a fantastic dinning experience.Special Features:
- Norman & Juevette were wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Norman & Juevette were wonderful! And, it was nice that the chef stopped by to chat for a moment.Special Features:
- We had a great server, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012We had a great server, the crab cakes were fantastic as was the Spencer's salad. The double lamb chop was perfect. We arrived early but were met with a very gracious hostess and sat as soon as we arrived. All the staff were very friendly.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012A most enjoyable dining experience with friends while visiting Houston for a conference. The steaks were cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- I took my wife here for herOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2012I took my wife here for her birthday and they put is in their private room. It was very nice and quiet and had a private and enjoyable dinner. The steaks were great and cooked to perfection. The sweet potato fries was one of the favorites we had. The service was outstanding and staff was very courteous. Management even gave my wife a signed birthday card from the staff and I thought that was awesome. Overall, I would recommend this place for any special occasion.Special Features:
- With so many Steakhouses inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012With so many Steakhouses in Houston they have an uphill battle, The prices are about $10 Higer then other places, I belive the Hilton family needs to look at the area and see how to improve this Steak/Chop House Sorry......
- The service was slow, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012The service was slow, but friendly. The food was tasty, but not worth the high price. But you come to expect overpriced food at a hotel restaurantSpecial Features:
- Superb for a Special OccasionBraunsVIPDined on 9/2/2012We went to Spencer's for our anniversary and noted that on our reservation. From the moment we walked in we were given the VIP treatment, including special seating in a private glassed-in nook. The Caesar salads were exceptional, served cornucopia-style (spilling out of a delicious parmesan crisp). The surf and turf was equally impressive, with perfectly seasoned jumbo shrimp and one of the best steaks we have ever had. We tend to rotate between Del Frisco's, Ruth's Chris, Perry's and Pappas Brothers for our steak cravings. Spencer's was every bit as good, the ambiance was more romantic, and the prices seemed slightly more reasonable. The service was absolutely top-notch. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Took reservation for 530pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Took reservation for 530pm Sunday , arrived found closes at 6pm
- Great place to get a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Great place to get a meal before or after events at the George Brown Convention Center. The Spenser's hashbrowns were amazing!
- The was great and the serviceRozMoDined on 8/25/2012The was great and the service was exceptional!!!! I will be back!!!!!Special Features:
- A great downtown locationdoxiemommaVIPDined on 8/11/2012A great downtown location for dining. The food quality was a pleasant surprise. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: